Fayha

luna65

AD-Fayha.jpg?v=7516fd43adaa

Fayha

An exotic blend of wood and resins, spices, flowers and the heat of a land half a world away, indulge the passion within…be Fayha, fragrant and beautiful.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:
SANDALWOOD ~ Love, exotic, sensual atmospheric, aphrodisiac, healing, spirituality, exorcism.
OUD (Agarwood) ~ Love, aphrodisiac, spirituality, health.
MYRRH ~ Stimulating, soothing, powerful guard against evil.
FRANKINCENSE ~ Purification, consecration, protection, exorcism.
CARDAMOM ~ Lust, love.
HONEY ~ Enticing, seductive, use to bewitch a straying or hesitant lover, happiness, fulfillment.
ARABIAN WHITE MUSK ~ Self-confidence and strength, sexual attractant, heightens passions and arousal.
OLIVE BLOSSOM ~ Fidelity, fertility, potency, peace, money, used to attract a marriage partner, inspires fruitfulness and security in love, family, and business.
ARABIAN JASMINE ~ Self-confidence, anxiety reduction, prosperity, powerful love attractant, spiritual love.
VIOLET ~ Love, faithfulness, modesty; calming, balancing, healing, protection, draws luck and fortune, lust.
DRIED LEMON PEEL ~ Energizing, uplifting, longevity, faithfulness, fidelity, friendship, used to attract spirits.
FRANGIPANI ~ Trust, confidence.
SAFFRON ~ Love, beauty, happiness, lust, purification, healing, clairvoyance.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I had a bit of a time writing the copy for this one originally...it's just so complex even from a conceptual standpoint, let alone the actual fragrance! But I like that "exotica" emerged as a theme of sorts for DA.

The lemon peel is really a prominent note for me in the vial, and it's got an interesting character; it really does have a concentrated type of scent, so it's bright but it's almost something else, something distinctly other. When I wear it I get more of the floral aspect, not specific notes but an overall aura of lush flowers in the heat. The spices lend a nice warmth without actual foodiness. In the final drydown there is a soft veil of woods and spice.

Like Cocomama this is a blend of ambience and place, a composition which is more than merely its' particular elements. There's just a slight touch of soapiness from the musk but overall it's not an aggressive scent even for having so many ingredients. It really does make me think of other places, and it would probably layer well with one of the more obvious incense scents for added mood.

• 2 weeks later...

This month I just seemed to suffer anosmia with several of the new releases. I really thought I would love this one...and nothing...I don't smell a thing from it! Same thing happened with Cocamama & Pandamaniac.

Then yesterday I was decanting some other things and knocked this poor vial on my bathroom tiles. Even spilled all over the floor - nothing!

Too strange.

It's interesting (well not for you, of course) that you would have that reaction to the three which I feel are true blends. One always wishes for a scent to combine all the notes into a whole but usually there's always something which stands out and yet with those three (and Eternal Chain for me as well) they're all blends to me, they are the sum of the parts rather than the parts themselves.

Evidently the sum of the parts is right on out of my range of sense...and I was sure I would LOVE this one -Oud, Frank'n'myrrh, Jasmine, Frangipani. It positively screams my name.

I dug around in my samples just now and pulled out the sorry remains of my sample. Nope. Nuttin. Very vague sense of...somewhat like a generic unscented lotion might smell.

Anybody else tried this? What does it do for those of you who can smell it??

Evidently the sum of the parts is right on out of my range of sense...and I was sure I would LOVE this one -Oud, Frank'n'myrrh, Jasmine, Frangipani. It positively screams my name.

I dug around in my samples just now and pulled out the sorry remains of my sample. Nope. Nuttin. Very vague sense of...somewhat like a generic unscented lotion might smell.

Anybody else tried this? What does it do for those of you who can smell it??

I'll re-sniff tonight, but I do recall this being very *subdued* to my nose - not at ALL what I was expecting. I thought this was going to be Miasma/Turned On/Raven's Secret Weapon dark & strong. It was way lighter than those...

This one was another surprise to me. It wasn't on my list of scents that Rosebud is sure to love...Words like frankinscence, oud, myrrh scare me...they mean inscense to me & I don't do inscense or smokey/spicy/herbal scents...

I can't actually define what this smells like on me, or pick out any specific notes, but it IS beautiful, and I really DO like it. It's a very soft fragrance, (would be great for work as it's not very strong), and on me it's a sweet almost fruity but floral scent with something else "warm & cosy" in the background that I assume is the spice.

I think I might have to get a bottle of this one... I reckon it would be great boosted with Ail's Open Windows :wacko:

• 3 weeks later...

Probably not the best thing to say in a review, but when I put this on my skin it smells like exactly like diaper cream. As it dries, it softens a little and becomes a little more “perfumy,” but still has that odd diaper cream undertone. There is something in here that obviously does not work with my chemistry and I would highly recommend that you look at the reviews of others before deciding on this.

• 1 year later...

This is very pretty and light, but a little non-descript on me. It's a nice understated scent for work, but there are others in this category I like a bit better.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Oh, the jasmine in this is just beautiful! The lemon peel is a perfect counterpart for it, and it is already well established that I adore LPMP's frankincense and myrrh base, so I couldn't be happier with this scent.

It's fresh, light, and deep at the same time. Very evocative, and extremely well-blended: all the notes are balanced in perfect harmony. The frangipani makes a fleeting appearance upon drydown, before the woods and spices take centre stage and combine into a soft, subdued oriental scent.

• 1 year later...

Never in ten thousand million kazillion years did I ever think that I would like this scent. I tried this one because I figured.. what the hell I 'aint driving! Might as well sit back and see what this does.. OMG here is my initial impression..

Did I just stumble into the movie CASABLANCA??? This is a beautiful, sexy, seductive scent. All the ingredients would normally make me scream and run the other way to the safe haven of something pink or rosy.. but WOW this is a unique seductive scent!

I love how fragrant and worldly this smells. I really feel like I landed somewhere exotic and am incredibly mysterious and alluring.

It has this very sweet but fragrant smell that i imagine Cleopatra to wear. I don't get any smoke or incense which I appreciate, but instead I get all exotic florals that come off smelling clean and fresh.

This reminds me somewhat of Sensual Harmony. The sandalwood might be sweet instead of salty which is probably the sweet but sexy impression I am getting. I wonder if this could handle cops. It would be dynamite paired with LA FEMME

I think LFM would be a good pairing for this one, given how complex it is. I've always thought of it as one of those "I am a grown-up lady" scents.

So I put this on as my pre shower scent to see if I want to wear it today. Definitely not because it is way too sophisticated for my day.

I do love it still though. Very mysterious and sexy. A little sweetness, is there a dash of fruit in there somewhere? I have no idea what the notes are.

It is not too incensey are smokey as Lady V said.

It is a sexy "night out" scent that would be perfect for LFM...but not for me on this sunny day!

A little sweetness, is there a dash of fruit in there somewhere?

Just lemon. The sweetness is probably from the honey and some of the floral notes.

Oh thanks Luna! See? I've got to quit judging honey so harshly. Didn't even occur to me it was in here. Honey got a bad rap from me when the dirty ones like Sexology didn't work on me. Now I'm all skeared of it.

Me too MissDC! Honey tends to rape my skin, but it's so beautiful in this! I am thinking of adding coppers to this. Look at me this place has turned me into a copper whore.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, got Fayha today (and several others) and took it for a test run...

Holy Sheite, there’s a lot going on in this one! :w00t:

At first, in the bottle, most forward is citrus, the myrrh, frankincense??? not what I expected to be the first things I smelled. On my skin- BAM! Florals, but WT? Not just any florals and I still think that lemon peel is brightening the scent but DANG what a great combo! I love me my jasmine, really, but I think it’s the frangipani that got me. I had to go back online to find out what was in this and THAT has to be it. Completely unexpected. And oud has to be the other thing, something resiny (I don’t think that’s a word but you all know what I mean :D ). This is absolutely fantastic! It’s floral, a touch-really, a touch- of citrus for that punch (quick jab really) of brightness and the depth added with the spices and resins…this is incredibly unique. Can’t wait to test run this one past hubby!

• 1 year later...