argh! baby powder? desitin? you gotta be kidding me.

helllllllllp lol. my hub this morning said that one of the perfumes I wear he doesnt like, that it smells like baby powder or maybe desitin(desitin??! WHA :D ) ...and Im like which one is it to which he shrugged. UGH lol. Thanks for telling me when you noticed it at the time and not LATER. :) After I put in another 100 dollar order. Yeesh. MEN.

Out of my current line up of LAM(original) and Pherogirl, which one do you think he's referring to? There is nothing else in my trail vails selection I can see possilbly smelling like baby assrash cream. Wait what about cuddle bunny?? I havent worn anything for two days to give myself a break, and after he left I put LAM on one forearm and Phero on the other and I can't tell which one is smelling like desitin on me?? LAM is vanilla-y and a barely there scent on me, Phero has this strong bite to it underneath the honey. I love my LAM I hope its not it? But if it IS the Phero...I just purchased the OCCO in GOLD shield and if the smell is comparable to Phero then I might not be able to wear it?? This is gonna bleed my bank trying to figure out my chemisty what I like what smells good on me what the hub thinks is sexy smelling. I thought I was leaning towards the darker and honey scents but if they smell wonky on me, then Im completely lost, and back at the beginning.

The Original LAM is the only LAM I have at the moment, OCCO gold will be my first and only OCCO on hand when it arrives. I'd hate to not be able to use either one. Is there anything that I can use to maybe layer over these that smells good with them and will take the scent out of the baby powder and diaper rash area. GOOD HELL. lol. Im a stay at home mom(to two older boys 7 and 12), I want to smell like a vixen NOT a stay at home mom to diapered babies. Not the tone Im trying to set here.

Edited by mystree

Oak Moss smelled like this on me. That's how it smells, and Mara said it's one of the main scents in baby powder. Did you use Pandamaniac? Even a tester of it? I only did a small swipe of it and it amped up on me. Is Oak Moss in any of the other scents you used? I'm not sure if it's in any LAMs or any of the Pheros so it might not be phero related.

ETA: looks like it's in OCCO blue. Do you have that one?

Edited by starlitegirl

Cuddle Bunny, as a scent, is probably the most likely to smell powdery, it does have oakmoss as well as cotton blossom. But because the original LAM is vanilla and honey (if that's the one you have) it might possibly have a strange note to his nose...for some people that combination doesn't always work.

Also keep in mind that men have a weaker sense of smell than women do, normally, so things which smell "strange" to them aren't necessarily strange, just strange to their compromised facilities, as it were.

Edited by luna65

This is what I have currently and what I'll have:

cuddle bunny

neanderlicious

LAM(original bottle)

pherogirl

tantric butterfly

happy water

blossom of love

miasma

evil in carnation

woodland man

rowdy raunchy and rude

night of the fae

(some of the above are sniffies)

Getting soon: (just got the "will ship shortly" notice today YAY)

Cuddle Bunny (unscented bottle)

OCCO Gold (bottle)(unusable?)

sugared chrysanthumum

LP black

LP red

focus pocus

G-string(unusable?)

Sugared Honeycomb(ugh =( possibly unusable?)

Then others from the Clearance Sale.

Anything out of my current lineup and whats due in soon that will pair well with the honey scents. If it is the LAM doing this on me to his nose then Im not too worried as its light on me and I think I'll be able to layer it with anything.

I'll make him sniff me all over tonight LOL while wearing various perfumes and hopefully get him to pinpoint which one that it is that smells *SIGH* like desitin on me.

Hmmm. Cuddle Bunny then maybe? I did wear that last week, twas my first experience with EST hehe. Strange off story to this (I really need to get a journal here going, AND its not really STRANGE just out of the ordinary so I really noticed it at the time)..it did lead to cuddles which led to uhh..boom shaka wow wow, which at this point we had already did it twice that day..so normally 2 times and his uh mini-him is done, so the 3rd time was surprising in of itself ..what was really out of the ordinary is that he stayed hard forever, but couldnt cum(sorry for the crass language). THIS NEVER HAPPENS. Plus he was over the top sensitive as in he wanted to JUST please me. My hub is great in bed, but hes also very very alpha and its never "lets just please you and get you off alone" and thats what this 3rd session was. He said after that "that was cool and really fun" and how we need to have some more of that (the sex went on foreverrrrrrrrrr). Then he was like "must buy more blueberries". LOL. He's been eating them lately because of the sexual benefits. He doesnt know that Im wearing cops and mones (will let him in on it eventually, Im having fun now playing with and observing and dont want reactions tainted by his knowing Im wearing them).

Was this the EST at work??? I'm thinking it was. Need to do another road test, def.

It could be something that reacts to your skin that way too. I had another perfume that smelled like baby powder on me. It wasn't meant to, but it did. I liked wearing it before I went to sleep. It was really soothing to me, but I understand that it might not be appealing if you want to smell sexy and that person is equating you with desitin. I hope you find out which one it is.

It could be something that reacts to your skin that way too. I had another perfume that smelled like baby powder on me. It wasn't meant to, but it did. I liked wearing it before I went to sleep. It was really soothing to me, but I understand that it might not be appealing if you want to smell sexy and that person is equating you with desitin. I hope you find out which one it is.

ty :) , Im going to do a 2 for 1 Cuddle Bunny test tonight to see its the scent he didnt like on me, and if EST does the same thing as last time. :D:green_smiley_monster::)

Edited by mystree

Ok - I am somewhat of an authority on desitin - use it for my horses and myself (hey, you try riding 50 miles in 100 degree heat...then we'll discuss the merits of desitin)

Desitin smells faintly of the fish oil in it...could be he is interpreting EOW as fishy.

Baby powder smells more like oak moss or perhaps amber (amber turns to powdery smell on me)

They are really different odors, but then again try to pin a man down on what he smells and you come up "duh".

I wouldn't panic - just have him smell each of them AFTER they dry down and see what he likes and what he doesn't. DH surprises me with what his comments on what he finds very attractive on me. Things I don't consider to be at all sexy scents....and if I consider it dead sexy, his reaction is usually "It's fine." Men.

Oh no I just sniffed I dont think its LAM its really light and pretty but not baby powdery or desitin, the phero on the other hand I can see how it could be mistaken. If its pherogirl does that mean that the honey scents are out on me? Aww that makes me sad, and LOST..I thought I was a dark scents and honey scents girl. Im happy I have some LP red and black on the way.

Im going to do a 2 for 1 Cuddle Bunny test tonight to see its the scent he didnt like on me, and if EST does the same thing as last time.

Remember CP is EST + cops...magic time!

DH surprises me with what his comments on what he finds very attractive on me. Things I don't consider to be at all sexy scents....and if I consider it dead sexy, his reaction is usually "It's fine." Men.

:) Exactly!

They are really different odors, but then again try to pin a man down on what he smells and you come up "duh".

I wouldn't panic - just have him smell each of them AFTER they dry down and see what he likes and what he doesn't. DH surprises me with what his comments on what he finds very attractive on me. Things I don't consider to be at all sexy scents....and if I consider it dead sexy, his reaction is usually "It's fine." Men.

LMAO@ "duh" Its exactly like that!

Thanks for your input and help everyone, you're so great. :)

I don't think its the cuddle bunny I have some on now, its not wet but not fully dried down yet but smells NOTHING of baby powder or desitin nothing close to it, its bright soft and a bit fruity on me.

I think its the pherogirl like maybe Pony said the cops being interpreted like the fish oil in desitin and maybe amber turns powdery on me. The verdict is still out but I'm feeling blue. Does this mean I need to stay away from honey and amber?? :666: I'm tempted to wear them anyways and nickname my husband "wonky" for his wonky nose. But its probably my wonky chemistry?

Edited by mystree

Not necessarily. Not every type of honey and/or amber will do that, for one thing, and sometimes it's just the effect of blending two notes/accords, rather than the actual notes/accords themselves. And sometimes the addition of a pheromone, like copulins, will have an effect on the scent itself which is why M&D use it in the creation itself, rather than as an afterthought add-in.

Remember though, it's not necessarily how you're smelling it, but how he smells it.

Not necessarily. Not every type of honey and/or amber will do that, for one thing, and sometimes it's just the effect of blending two notes/accords, rather than the actual notes/accords themselves. And sometimes the addition of a pheromone, like copulins, will have an effect on the scent itself which is why M&D use it in the creation itself, rather than as an afterthought add-in.

Remember though, it's not necessarily how you're smelling it, but how he smells it.

Thanks Luna. *drops my fixating* hehe. I'll ask him for feedback as I go along with each scent I wear. I'll update this thread if I find out the mystery desitin scent. lol.

Edited by mystree

If it was me, I'd just keep wearing my scents and ask the hubby if he likes it every time you have a different one on. Don't even bother with worrying about the one he said smells like desitin or baby powder. Then you have a full arsenal of info on which ones he likes the most and the least. Pairing the ones he likes the least with a sexy phero might change his mind down the line. But when he says he doesn't like it ask why not and that's how you'll find out which one is *the* one. Meanwhile, you learn the ones that YOU like that you have to get him to like :666:

If I like something and my guy doesn't like it then so be it. I'd still wear the scent, but I'd know it was one he didn't like so I probably just wouldn't wear it when I knew I would be around him a lot. But that's me. Some women just want to wear what they're guys like. I guess it depends on how much you like the scent since it could just be his nose since I'm sure you would have noticed if you smelled like desitin. ;)

It was the LAM!!

I had a lil on the back of my hands and held it up to his nose and hes like, "yeah, thats it, don't wear that one" then.."actually its not that bad this time, there was one day you must of really slathered it on"

:lol:

Me? A newbie just recieving her first and beautifully packaged order with free sniffies to boot, and excitedly slathering on various perfumes? Nah! That is just insane to think that. lol.

Anynads, Im not too concerned. I'm wearing my LAM anyways, and hoping that I love LP Red or Black, LAM is so light that I can layer over it if I want to.

Im really excited about the OCCO coming in! I read a post somewhere by Mara about the concentration of the perfume being used as a guide as to how much cops to wear, I can not wait to find out what a small dab or two smells like, the self-effects if any, the effects on others. I want my order here nowwwwwwwww. My hub is having one of his (Alert! Alert! Geek Invasion) Lan Parties this weekend LMAO, which I always host for him and the guys. There's a couple of hot geeks in the pack(other than and including my hot hubby)..hmmm..I get a lot of sneak peeks(and sometimes DIHL) as it is especially from one, all before 'mones...now to add some to the mix..hmm..

Might have to wait till next party.

Thanks again everyone for your kindness, helpful advice, insight and camaraderie. :)

Actually - on a recent Friday off - I was just wearing LAM around the house. Anol plus cops = happy, yeah I'm cute attitude. So when I went to pick up the kids - one of the folks at the front desk - said "Where is the baby powder smell coming from?". We all looked around - nothing - I finally offered my wrist for a sniff test - everyone is like - yeah - that's it!

I suspect that it's the combo of vanilla and honey smell sweet and innocent.

Therapygirl- nope. been dry for hours by the time he got home.

He changed it up too and said..."wait, its not really baby powder...do you know that industrial strength vanilla hospital spray thingmabob shit that your dad gave us?...thats what it smells like!"

SIGH. lol.

Im just gonna layer it, it'll be fine then.

Edited by mystree

Oh and Mystree-

For the LAN party - you could do a combo of PheroGirl and Neanderlicious. Your at home and they are all friends and in the interest of science you could test....

Giggles. You might not want to but if you had DIHL before it could be fun....

I know I know - bad influence. Walks off laughing... Tell me something I haven't heard before. :-)

Actually - on a recent Friday off - I was just wearing LAM around the house. Anol plus cops = happy, yeah I'm cute attitude. So when I went to pick up the kids - one of the folks at the front desk - said "Where is the baby powder smell coming from?". We all looked around - nothing - I finally offered my wrist for a sniff test - everyone is like - yeah - that's it!

I suspect that it's the combo of vanilla and honey smell sweet and innocent.

Yeah Im hoping these other honey based scents Im getting wont be translated the same as theyre minus the vanilla? I have OCCO Gold Shield, and Sugared Honeycomb coming in.

Oh and Mystree-

For the LAN party - you could do a combo of PheroGirl and Neanderlicious. Your at home and they are all friends and in the interest of science you could test....

Giggles. You might not want to but if you had DIHL before it could be fun....

I know I know - bad influence. Walks off laughing... Tell me something I haven't heard before. :-)

LMAO. :lol: No no, I WANT to (he's HOT, and its fun to get the attention) And I love your bad influence-ishness. Gotta watch that though, I'd too eagerly let you be the devil on my shoulder. :) hehe.

Im out of Pherogirl!!!! Had a trial vial, its all gone, first and only trial vial gone now.

Edited by mystree

LMAO. :lol: No no, I WANT to (he's HOT, and its fun to get the attention) And I love your bad influence-ishness. Gotta watch that though, I'd too eagerly let you be the devil on my shoulder. :) hehe.

Im out of Pherogirl!!!! Had a trail vail, its all gone, first and only trial vail gone now.

Oh goody!!!! I like being the bad angel! K - if you are now out of PG - you could always do a LAM layer - full dry down then a heapin' helping of the Neanderlicious.

Bad angel - wouldn't be a great idea for a future LP? Thematically coming up with all the lovely smells that could be associated with someone embracing their inner naughty girl. Innocent on top - with a sense of whimsy/humor and then whammo! Darkness underneath. Come into my parlor said the spider to the fly. :-)

That's what Evil in Carnation is, actually. :)

Sometimes vanilla and honey can be innocent, but I swear, there's something about the combination of the two which can either be utterly delicious or just UGH...YMMV of course.