Instant Shine

Does anyone have any feedback on "Instant Shine" being added to a scent from here ? good and/or bad please, thx !

Does anyone have any feedback on "Instant Shine" being added to a scent from here ? good and/or bad please, thx !

wow....no one huh ?

hi hehe. I havent answered you Liz as its a good question and have been awaiting the answer meself.

I have a whole bottle of Instant Shine that is going to go to waste unless I find something that can cover the neroli(as I cant stand it, its noxiously strong for about 20 minutes on me then seems to evaporate to almost nothing, so much for diffusion). Are you looking to mix it in with another perfume here? What scent package did you get for your Instant Shine. Are you looking to just layer and cover. If so, thats where Im at now sooo I don't have an answer as of yet, Im guessing as it seems to evaporate to nothing after dry down that it can be easily covered with anything from here, I just havent gotten around to playing with it yet. Too spoiled by LPMP scents and mones and so have been fixated, and have left my Androtics products forgotten LOL.

I hope you get some answers soon, I'll get back here if youre looking to layer and cover. I'll guinnea pig it tomorrow.

If it's unscented then I imagine it would be okay except that it's alcohol-based, right? So you have to make allowances for that in terms of blending it with the oil-based scent (like shaking it up before you apply it, for example). I never tried IS but I've read good things about it over the years.

I AODRE Instant Shine on it's own, I always have it scented in chocolatini, I know alot of people hate it ,but I think it's yummy! I haven't tried it in an LP, but it gives a sparkly youthful approachable vibe! It is my I cant do without phero!

I dont get any hits really from the Instant Shine but do get some self-effects. I think its the diffusion or lack thereof, the neroli is sooooo strong at first then ZILCH its GONE, even if I spray in my hair. Chocolatini I sampled from a free MX135 and I did like that scent alot! AND. It was great for diffusion. Soooo if its the neroli you have and you cover it with a LP scent something that diffuses well on you, I do see it working out well. Like I said I'll guinnea pig it tomorrow as I'd like to be able to use my Instant Shine, and have the same challenges(Im guessing you have the neroli?)

hi hehe. I havent answered you Liz as its a good question and have been awaiting the answer meself.

I have a whole bottle of Instant Shine that is going to go to waste unless I find something that can cover the neroli(as I cant stand it, its noxiously strong for about 20 minutes on me then seems to evaporate to almost nothing, so much for diffusion). Are you looking to mix it in with another perfume here? What scent package did you get for your Instant Shine. Are you looking to just layer and cover. If so, thats where Im at now sooo I don't have an answer as of yet, Im guessing as it seems to evaporate to nothing after dry down that it can be easily covered with anything from here, I just havent gotten around to playing with it yet. Too spoiled by LPMP scents and mones and so have been fixated, and have left my Androtics products forgotten LOL.

I hope you get some answers soon, I'll get back here if youre looking to layer and cover. I'll guinnea pig it tomorrow.

well... you know how the Final Blowout sale has some LP's that are blended w/Beta-nol +P-79 and MX135, I'm guessing Mara has those and others available to her and she blends them w/LP scents offered here. I'm asking because I had nothing to refer to about pheros such as those and wanted to know results when using/wearing it, like... do people around you find you (the wearer) interesting or exciting, wanna get to know you kinda thing ? Now I wondering if it comes unscented ? hmm..

Neroli...that's orange-y right ? do you have something LP that's "citrusy" or "tropical" ? wonder if layering with those might be a way of making use of your neglected bottle ?

We'll have to learn together Mystree icon4.gif !

I AODRE Instant Shine on it's own, I always have it scented in chocolatini, I know alot of people hate it ,but I think it's yummy! I haven't tried it in an LP, but it gives a sparkly youthful approachable vibe! It is my I cant do without phero!

sparkly youthful APPROCHABLE vibe ? that's definetly a plus !

If it's unscented then I imagine it would be okay except that it's alcohol-based, right? So you have to make allowances for that in terms of blending it with the oil-based scent (like shaking it up before you apply it, for example). I never tried IS but I've read good things about it over the years.

but it can be done right, alcohol blended w/oil based LP's ?

I got some is,but don't know really how to use it?

get usin' it GIRL ! I needz results ! hee !

I'm saying "yes" because some of the pheros used in LPs were originally alcohol-based, IIRC (watch me be totally wrong ;) ).

Edited by luna65

From what I understand about Andriotics, the smell is supposed to disappear after a while so that it can blend into whatever you're wearing. I don't think it's designed to be a stand-alone scent, so I wouldn't worry about it disappearing. Just spray it on in your hair, let it dry, put on something else, and you're good to go.

*gasping in a cloud of neroli* just for you Liz. What are friends for. lol.

I'm going to road test this for the effects you were asking about and to also see if I can cover it with an LP scent effectively. Im doing 2 sprays to the hair, 1 spray divided among both forearm/wrist area, 1 to the tummy and one to the back of the neck. Im a lil lost as to what LP scent Im going to try most of my trail vails are pheromone blends, or they have cops them. For this test I think I should go just with the Shine for the mones, otherwise I wouldnt know which to contribute hits to, if I get any. My current perfumes are sniffies of : Miasma, Blossom of Love, Evil in Carnation, and Rowdy Raunchy and Rude(which I can't wear, its very cowgirl and no offense to the sexy cowgirls amongst us..but Im a rocker chick, and this just isnt me.)

I'll be going to Walgreens LMAO, Kohl's and maybe Target. So not the best places to test this but ya never know. I can't venture off too far yet (Im recovering from achilles tendon surgery 2 months post surgery now, Im off crutches and the mediboot, and just FINALLY drove for the first time since the injury, yesterday. YAY! Wheee!) I'm feeling secure enough in slower/thin traffic, don't feel I'm recovered enough yet for the highway. Its not worth the risk of rerupture.

So its been 10 minutes now, the NEROLI ..ughhhhhhh. It is still way strong and obnoxious, very man cologne on me butnot in that "mmmmmmm hi you smell yummy" I'd like to get close to you way that you might say to yourself when smelling a hot guy at a club its more like....."jeezusf&ck lay off the cologne what did you do douse yourself in a whole bottle?! Duuude. Seriously"

Self effects: I am feeling upbeat and happy, I feel like going out and hanging with friends. (which is worth mentioning as I adore my buddies, I also love my space and its more the norm for me to chill by myself and immediate family, with the occasional urge to go out. Well that urge is upon me now, and I didnt have it 10 minutes ago so it is the Shine.) Im feeling very social.

20 minutes now. Scent is still strong PHEWWWW(which in theory would be great for diffusion right?) An hour from now, there will be next to nothing left of it, I have yet to get hits from being out amongst others, I think its because there is little diffusion. There is no balance to this..its either obnoxious to the point that I would think it would turn off people around OR theres no diffusion there when the neroli fades in about an hour.

Im going to doll up (for Walgreens bahaha) try to cover the Shine with an LP (im thinking Miasma) then head out, I'll report in when I get home.

Hugsnlove,

Mystree

Edited by mystree

Oils and alcohol blend seamlessly. :) Permanently, no separating.

It's silicone in combination with oil that has that "salad dressing" thing - needs to be shaken each time.

What they call "neroli" smells unlike any neroli I have ever smelled. Neroli is in fact essence of bitter orange blossoms - it does not smell like cheap men's cologne in real life. However, the good news is, that it can indeed be covered. Any of our resinous scents will work great. Liz's Patchouli & Rose Otto, Turkish Delight, Flower of the Beast, Kapet, Music of the Spheres, etc. UNE also covers it quite well. Miasma should work too - since it's a hugely strong "cloud of scent" type perfume. I use 20% of their phero solutions to 80% of our perfume oils in a 10ml bottle, but if you're playing with it at home, you can probably go as high as 50/50 and still bury that "neroli" smell.

*gasping in a cloud of neroli* just for you Liz. What are friends for. lol.

I'm going to road test this for the effects you were asking about and to also see if I can cover it with an LP scent effectively. Im doing 2 sprays to the hair, 1 spray divided among both forearm/wrist area, 1 to the tummy and one to the back of the neck. Im a lil lost as to what LP scent Im going to try most of my trail vails are pheromone blends, or they have cops them. For this test I think I should go just with the Shine for the mones, otherwise I wouldnt know which to contribute hits to, if I get any. My current perfumes are sniffies of : Miasma, Blossom of Love, Evil in Carnation, and Rowdy Raunchy and Rude(which I can't wear, its very cowgirl and no offense to the sexy cowgirls amongst us..but Im a rocker chick, and this just isnt me.)

I'll be going to Walgreens LMAO, Kohl's and maybe Target. So not the best places to test this but ya never know. I can't venture off too far yet (Im recovering from achilles tendon surgery 2 months post surgery now, Im off crutches and the mediboot, and just FINALLY drove for the first time since the injury, yesterday. YAY! Wheee!) I'm feeling secure enough in slower/thin traffic, don't feel I'm recovered enough yet for the highway. Its not worth the risk of rerupture.

So its been 10 minutes now, the NEROLI ..ughhhhhhh. It is still way strong and obnoxious, very man cologne on me butnot in that "mmmmmmm hi you smell yummy" I'd like to get close to you way that you might say to yourself when smelling a hot guy at a club its more like....."jeezusf&ck lay off the cologne what did you do douse yourself in a whole bottle?! Duuude. Seriously"

Self effects: I am feeling upbeat and happy, I feel like going out and hanging with friends. (which is worth mentioning as I adore my buddies, I also love my space and its more the norm for me to chill by myself and immediate family, with the occasional urge to go out. Well that urge is upon me now, and I didnt have it 10

minutes ago so it is the Shine.) Im feeling very social.

20 minutes now. Scent is still strong PHEWWWW(which in theory would be great for diffusion right?) An hour from now, there will be next to nothing left of it, I have yet to get hits from being out amongst others, I think its because there is little diffusion. There is no balance to this..its either obnoxious to the point that I would think it would turn off people around OR theres no diffusion there when the neroli fades in about an hour.

Im going to doll up (for Walgreens bahaha) try to cover the Shine with an LP (im thinking Miasma) then head out, I'll report in when I get home.

Hugsnlove,

Mystree

YOU are a DOLL !! :)

take care of that pretty foot please, Mystree !

Oils and alcohol blend seamlessly. :( Permanently, no separating.

It's silicone in combination with oil that has that "salad dressing" thing - needs to be shaken each time.

What they call "neroli" smells unlike any neroli I have ever smelled. Neroli is in fact essence of bitter orange blossoms - it does not smell like cheap men's cologne in real life. However, the good news is, that it can indeed be covered. Any of our resinous scents will work great. Liz's Patchouli & Rose Otto, Turkish Delight, Flower of the Beast, Kapet, Music of the Spheres, etc. UNE also covers it quite well. Miasma should work too - since it's a hugely strong "cloud of scent" type perfume. I use 20% of their phero solutions to 80% of our perfume oils in a 10ml bottle, but if you're playing with it at home, you can probably go as high as 50/50 and still bury that "neroli" smell.

thanks for the info Mara :( , looking forward to trying this, what with Mystree sacrificing herself in the name of "research" :( , where is she anyway ? do you suppose she got a "hit" ? you go girl :(

ugh I wrote this WHOLE HUGE review didnt copy and paste and when i went to send it noticed that my internet was down so I lost it. UGH UGH UGH lol. I hate when that happens.

So cliff note version(sorry Im pressed for time). Im done with Instant Shine. In their neroli it does NOT work for me. Miasma(which is gorgeous btw! I was pleasantly surprised, I see a bottle of this in my future def def, did I mention Miasma is GORGEOUS..*makes a note to research more lily of the valley scents*), covered MOST of the neroli early on..but then later there was enough neroli to bleed through and it destroyed the perfume, YECK. I had to go wash it off.

I do have some self-effects from the Instant Shine but at what cost? I prefer Happy Water(self-effects from that too and love the scent), and am wanting to experience/experiment with Woozy Floozy. I didnt recieve any "hits" I went shopping at Wal-greens and had to go to Safeway then went shooting with the hubby over his lunch hour. (Men, Guns, Testosterone). Got looks, got guys coming over to talk, and people at the stores, conversations were had...nothing out of the ordinary, just normal stuff that always happens.

Hopefully others will chime in with better news. My advice is if anyone is looking to buy those products to NOT get the neroli, some of the other scent packages may work better. Im sure the blends here using unscented Androtics molecules and mones work great and smell yummy.

I can't do anything with this blasted neroli. :)

Edited by mystree

Oils and alcohol blend seamlessly. :) Permanently, no separating.

This is what Ive suspected, Im curious as to what neroli smells like. When I say neroli Im referring to "their" neroli scent not actual neroli just want to clarify that to all.

Again maybe its just my chemistry too thats reacting bad, Ive worn Instant Shine alone without attempting to cover to court and to physical therapy too at other times these last 2 weeks. People were friendly..but they always are, I didnt experience anything out of the ordinary. Ive sprayed as little as 2 sprays and then it evaporates to almost nothing ..and when I up the spray amount (upwards of 5 sprays) the neroli is just so noxious, either way I dont ever experience hits from this. *shrug*

Edited by mystree

ugh I wrote this WHOLE HUGE review didnt copy and paste and when i went to send it noticed that my internet was down so I lost it. UGH UGH UGH lol. I hate when that happens.

Hopefully others will chime in with better news. My advice is if anyone is looking to buy those products to NOT get the neroli, some of the other scent packages may work better. Im sure the blends here using unscented Androtics molecules and mones work great and smell yummy.

I can't do anything with this blasted neroli. :)

Well Mystree, you gave it the ole college try and I certainly appreciate it ! THANKS !!

Instant Shine didn't give me the affects that Instant Honesty did but with both products I hardly got any affects until I bought the products in 4x. Instant Honesty put me in a bubbly mood and Instant Shine gave me short-lived self affects. Female friends seemed to really like both Instant Shine and Instant Honesty and I got good hits with females using Instant Shine 4x. It's really fun to wear during girls night out and margaritas. I loathe androtic's Neroli smells and it really does smell like a mixture of cheap men's cologne and citrus scented mosquito spray. I got it in grapefruit scented and it was more bearable and mixed better with citrusy fragrances, but it was still overwhelming and extremely inelegant to wear. The scent last longers than the pheros. It didnt seem to ever fade! I really like Instant Honesty and Instant Sexiness, but I just couldn't hack ANY of their scents and I just smelled damned weird all the time trying to mix their products with my perfume-- always smelling like I fell into a tub of Brut Cologne.

This is what Ive suspected, Im curious as to what neroli smells like. When I say neroli Im referring to "their" neroli scent not actual neroli just want to clarify that to all.

Again maybe its just my chemistry too thats reacting bad, Ive worn Instant Shine alone without attempting to cover to court and to physical therapy too at other times these last 2 weeks. People were friendly..but they always are, I didnt experience anything out of the ordinary. Ive sprayed as little as 2 sprays and then it evaporates to almost nothing ..and when I up the spray amount (upwards of 5 sprays) the neroli is just so noxious, either way I dont ever experience hits from this. *shrug*

Yeah, when I first started using it, the neroli still wasn't true neroli, but it was actually kind of nice......easily covered if you wish, and was ok to wear by itself. Over time, it became something noxious....plastic....not a good thing.

I get better results from Ail's Open Windows than I ever did with Shine for mood elevation......just wait till you can get this in alcohol!!

Yeah, when I first started using it, the neroli still wasn't true neroli, but it was actually kind of nice......easily covered if you wish, and was ok to wear by itself. Over time, it became something noxious....plastic....not a good thing.

I get better results from Ail's Open Windows than I ever did with Shine for mood elevation......just wait till you can get this in alcohol!!

Mostly the reason for my inquiry of Instant Shine was because there was a mishap w/a bottle of boosted LP (Final Blowout Sale) I had paid for but also sold to another, I was offered a choice of Androtics pheros to remedy this, since I've never tried them, I was asking opinions. I wasn't offered the choice of Ail's OW.

I like instant shine and generally just spray it on top of whatever else I'm wearing. I have never really been offended by the neroli scent. It seems pretty neutral to me. The few comments I've gotten from others is that it smells "fresh" and pleasant. It is easily covered by whatever LP I'm wearing that day. At least to my nose. I have never mixed it with any perfume oils though.