Merlin's Blend

Robert

I didn't see a thread for this, but I tried some of my trial vial yesterday. It really smelled like fresh, wet, dandelions on my skin, but not overwhelmingly so. I did feel more self-assured while wearing it and even had some other males seem defensive around me. I don't see myself as intimidating at all...5"5' and always cracking jokes and what not. No pheros in this one, so I guess that's the magick at work, huh?

That's the point (scents with intent, that is)!

So did it stay green on you the whole time? I've been thinking about this one for Q, he likes green scents but I don't know if it might be too green for me to enjoy.

That's the point (scents with intent, that is)!

So did it stay green on you the whole time? I've been thinking about this one for Q, he likes green scents but I don't know if it might be too green for me to enjoy.

yeah, it really did smell the same on me as long as i could smell it...the first one so far. for example, my skin really kicked up the cedar and pine from wood land man, but then it morphed into a sugary, amber smell.

DH just loves Merlin's Blend. Keeps bugging me to get him a bottle <sigh>. Eventually I will cave, just need to decide which pheros I might amp it with. He wears it at work, mainly, as it is his "daily" style of a green/light floral scent.

It is a sneaky scent for me ...one I don't think of as overt, but every time he puts it on I ask "Oh, what's that one!?"

My honey wore this last night and he smelled scrumptious!!!

He also smelled like a VERY MASCULINE ROSE!

Am I crazy or is there rose in here? Cause I swear, He smelled like a dark, delicious, manly rose...I LOVED it. Couldnt keep off the boy.

I know we dont generally associate rose with men-but here-if thats whats goin on, it REALLY WORKS!

ps-Robert, Love that Avvie honey!

Edited by cheeseburger79

There's a perfume house called Parfums de Rosine which apparently produces nothing BUT rose fragrances and they created a rose-centric men's scent four years ago, although I've never smelled it. Chandler Burr loved it.

There's a perfume house called Parfums de Rosine which apparently produces nothing BUT rose fragrances and they created a rose-centric men's scent four years ago, although I've never smelled it. Chandler Burr loved it.

Rose D'Homme! Rose& Woodsy. I've a sample... I'd wear it (if I still wanted to buy commercial...)

• 1 year later...

Do any of you girls wear this? I think I want to try it for both the scent (I love green scents) and intent.

Magical Properties: Attraction, Boosting of Charisma and Personal Power, Admiration, Drawing of Good Fortune, Prosperity, Inspires Awe, Strength and Energy, Heightens Perception and Psychic Abilities.

Prominent Notes: Watery greens, earth, woods and resins.

This is classically masculine. I don't think this is one of the borderline scents that can be worn by both sexes, but you can always give a trial vial a try and see. It's ALL man to me, though.

It's good - roses with aromatics. The best of the line, IMO.

• 10 months later...

Love the smell of Merlin's Blend. A masculine woodsy/green scent with intent. Anyone else notice how often the scent evokes a very specific reaction from people? Masked Man gets me polite respect as if I am a cool authority figure. Merlin's blend gets mad respect (a lot of respect) as if The Godfather walked in. Awesome stuff! My GF hasn't commented on the scent but she has been extra cuddly/romantic with this scent. Like she sees me as a VIP that she is lucky to have around. :-) this is an awesome scent to wear if you want to command respect and get results.

This is classically masculine. I don't think this is one of the borderline scents that can be worn by both sexes, but you can always give a trial vial a try and see. It's ALL man to me, though.

How about layering it with something so it works for us girls?

I hope one of the women can help you with this but it is a very masculine scent. I could see layering this with something sweet to help, though.

I guess I kept forgetting to comment once Mara gave me a sample for Quince to try (and he liked it); this reminds me of FROG but it has more of an emphasis on the woods, I think, with what strikes me as an almost smoky undertone. I think it might be a little too deep to really soften or pretty-up (and to me that would spoil the point of it), but sometimes you just wear what you like, regard of the assigned demographic. So I say just wear it for its own sake if you like it.

Excellent advice. I'm a guy who wore LP Black until my then GF stole it because she liked the scent so much.

• 2 weeks later...

Hahaha! Last night I was wearing Merlin's Blend and my GF told me I smelled like a mixture of Patchouli and Drakkar. She liked it but it confused her because she'd never thought of those two scents together. :Emoticons0424:

• 7 months later...

Wow, I ordered a trial vial of this because I admit I was horridly curious about it and it just screamed "order me". Mostly I was curious about the intent and the notes seemed alright. Yes this was for me.... and I tried this on first when I got December's shipment. oops, it REALLY does smell like a men's fragrance, not unisex at all. I don't know how to describe it past it being a very men's spicy musky, dark greens sort of scent. I don't think I can wear it. Too "men's fragrance" smelling on me.

• 7 months later...

Like Maiea, I ordered this out of curiosity of its intent, hoping that I could wear it. I tested it very lightly last night. It is extremely masculine and I doubt I will leave home wearing this. However, I really like the scent. I kept sniffing my arm. On me, it was green, earthy, woodsy and a little smoke undercurrent. I'd love to smell this on a man though. I'm undecided if I will get a bottle for now.

• 6 months later...

I just had a very smooth day while wearing Merlin's Blend. I still really enjoy this scent. Very masculine. I had a bunch of errands to run so I interacted with people several different places and at least 3 different people commented on how nice I smelled. I always feel like I am getting VIP treatment when I wear Merln's Blend. People are more deferential and polite. Still a favorite scent of mine.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Everlasting

It's good - roses with aromatics. The best of the line, IMO.

Roses with aromatics.. now that's what im talkin about!

• 1 month later...

I still really like this scent. My wife always asks me what I'm wearing whenever I have this on and last Saturday I had an event (some of you know what I do for a living) that she wasn't going to be at. As I'm kissing her goodbye she crinkles her nose and asks, 'what are you wearing?' I tell her and she gives me 'the look'. You know the one I mean. The 'Why are you wearing something that sexy without me being there?' look. I told her it was alright since I now have my wedding band shield to deflect any amorous advances.

:Emoticons10311:

Ingredients: Watery Greens, Earth & Woods, Resins

I like this scent very much - I hate that I waited so long to try it out. Merlin's Blend is a very clean masculine scent. It can easily be worn all day long from work into play into a quiet evening at home with the wife/girlfriend/SO.

On my skin, Merlin's Blend comes across as a clean, light green scent. While the cologne is still "wet", the "watery" greens come across the strongest. But as it dries down and ages the woods and resins come forward a little more, but the green is still the main note. My wife is not a big fan of "strong" scents (and certainly not "too much" scent haha) but she seems to enjoy this one.

This can easily become one of my main "go to" scents when I need something clean and masculine but work-safe.

• 6 months later...

I am still a big fan of Merlin's Blend. Every time I wear this scent, everything goes very smoothly for me. People are very polite and deferential and everything seems to flow my way. I don't know if any other guys have noticed this but if I remember correctly, someone else had mentioned that they felt like they got a lot more respect when they wore it. It smells great, and it really does smooth things out for me. (And my wife really likes the scent and if she's happy, I'm happy.)

• 6 months later...

I like this scent (for myself), and I don't even care. I love green scents! I can see where it's a more masculine smell, but...yeah, I just don't care. I kind of just love it. I like sweeter scents better on men, anyway. Give me all the green scents. All of them. :P

Awesome! This is one of my favorites as well!

• 2 months later...

What a catastrophe! I can't believe I didn't notice that I'm just about out of Merlin's Blend! If I don't know what I feel like wearing I put this on (or LP: Homme). Time to make an order because I'm almost out of LP: Homme as well. Might be time to branch out and try them in spray form.

• 9 months later...

I decided to sample this one first. It definitely has this bitter green thing going on, but the sweetness prevents this from being a 'love.' I enjoy it, but the sweetness seems to conflict with, rather than balance out that bitter edge. Without the sweetness, I think I'd like it much more. We'll see if it evolves into something closer to what I'm looking for in the following hours.

• 1 year later...

Rose L'Homme, according to whatever i found thru google:

Top Notes Bergamot, Citrus notes, Mandarin

Heart Notes Jasmine, Rose
Base notes Leather, Patchouli, Vetiver
It sounds interesting, but I never want to smell jasmine on a man, unless it's on his hands after bringing me flowers. I feel like Jasmine and Vetiver almost cancel each other out, like if you mix every color in the world, you always get brown. I dunno. The rose in Year One is perfect.

• 1 year later...

So I was wearing Merlin's Blend (boosted with Wanted Man) last night and it's been a while since I've worn this.  I forgot how much I really enjoy this scent.  I'm not sure why but my bride always makes an association with this scent to Drakkar Noir.  They don't really smell all that similar to me but *shrugs*.  I always seem to get a lot of interesting respect from people whenever I wear this scent.  Everyone seems to like the scent but it's as if the scent alone makes me seem more important than I am and they are more deferential.  Every once I a while I'll get this with a scent.  Combined with Wanted Man and I am a VIP in everyone's eyes.  I like it!

:Emoticons10311:

• 9 months later...

I was wearing Merlin's Blend earlier today and I'd forgotten just how much I enjoyed this scent!  I'd given a friend my bottle with the Wanted Man boost so I was wearing unphero'd scent today and really enjoyed it.