Layer or Boost?

So what are most of you gals doing? Layering your LP fragrance over Unscented Pheromones or just boosting your perfumes? It gets kind of pricey boosting everything and I thought it would probably smarter to layer but I'm not sure if I want to mess with the smelly pheros or if I could trust my skills at layering. OCCO makes layering Cops so easy! But I'm not sure if I have the cazongas to work with Unscented BI, Sexology and Cougar.

Also does anyone know if Cougar has cops? Do you think it would wise to layer OCCO over a Cougar boosted fragrance?

Edited by Geena

We don't know what's in Stone Cougar, although Shelly B is convinced one of the ingredients is copulins...and it makes sense (as in the original). She thinks there's less cops than the original, so you could layer some extra if you desire.

Personally, I add-in because I'm just not patient/talented enough to layer, and I also don't do the phero bomb thing...I just let whatever blend I'm wearing assist with whatever I'm aiming for. Also, I'm a believer in congruence as it to extends to fragrance.

But I'm sure people like Dolly, djac and countesszero have good advice in regards to layering.

Edited by luna65

So what are most of you gals doing? Layering your LP fragrance over Unscented Pheromones or just boosting your perfumes? It gets kind of pricey boosting everything and I thought it would probably smarter to layer but I'm not sure if I want to mess with the smelly pheros or if I could trust my skills at layering. OCCO makes layering Cops so easy! But I'm not sure if I have the cazongas to work with Unscented BI, Sexology and Cougar.

Also does anyone know if Cougar has cops? Do you think it would wise to layer OCCO over a Cougar boosted fragrance?

Luna is correct - I still think Cops are in Cougar but less than the original - at least going by smell. And yes - I do add OCCO to Cougar for going out or parties. :-). No worries.

Welll.. I can't tell ya much about Cougar, but when it comes to regular LP's, I layer and I get fabulous results!

Of course I also order many premade phero boosted scents(like your fave Tail), but boosting DOES get pricey.

I also like oil based pheros-no mixing and I find they blend better with the perfume oil and last longer to boot!

So yeah, in my opionion, after drydown-just get an arsenal of unscenteds and a bunch of LP's and your golden!

I do both, depending on the situation......TONS of my scents are boosted with BI, so I can just grab and go.....BUT, if I have a non-boosted fragrance or whatever, I also have an arsenal of unscented pheros for that too.

Initially in the beginning I would just throw everything on top of each other, literally....

after much reading and learning, I found the best way (for me) to get the most effect and the most out of each phero is to apply some pheros in various different spots...

certain pheros like say, maybe Est on my neck and spritzed in the hair, Cougar or SS4W behind the ears and around the neck, (if I am wearing a skirt I do put some behind my knees), TAH to the chest, True confessions or anything TAL like to the back of the neck...my LAMS or OCCO's go on my arms and my chest.

My socials, I put them on my arms/wrists and the backs of my hands, sometimes I will spritz my hair with a lil alpha-NOL

Then I apply my scent...usually I put some on both wrist and smush it around my torso area and up around my neck and ears...I find the scents here are strong enough to stretch and I really do not need to use as much as I initially began using. If I am layering anothr scent, I just place a dab behind the ears and on the wrist.

But I also like to purchase my LP's boosted...like Dolly, grab and go.

Now...thanks to my new love for BI (though I cannot deal with it unscented), I love love LOVE, getting stuff bossted with BI...also Treasured Hearts or UNCougar.

so it really is a matter of personal choice, no way is right or better...and it may sound pricey...but it is a great steal as you are getting both the phero and the LP at a lil lesser cost.

be blessed -djac

But I also like to purchase my LP's boosted...like Dolly, grab and go.

Now...thanks to my new love for BI (though I cannot deal with it unscented), I love love LOVE, getting stuff bossted with BI...also Treasured Hearts or UNCougar.

so it really is a matter of personal choice, no way is right or better...and it may sound pricey...but it is a great steal as you are getting both the phero and the LP at a lil lesser cost.

Yeah, it is especially economical for me that way, since BI is my phero of choice most days....the ones that I don't normally boost with (simply because I use them only for specific purposes or occasions) would be Dominance, Treasured Hearts, True Confessions.....I do keep a bottle or so of the unscented BI and straight Essence Oil on hand, just for occassions when I am wearing an un-boosted scent and need my phero fix.....lol.....

For me, boosting would be too costly because I do have several scents I like and my phero depends on my mood. I think the only sure fire boost that would always be used would be A-nol. I really want to try that in spray form though (and open windows too!) because of the larger range which would be more appropriate for me. If I had a guy I was serious enough about, I think I'd probably boost a few favorites with BI, sexology, cuddle bunny, any of the coupling ones really :lol: because they would be quite useful. For a happily single gal like me, they'd be wasted.

Intimate socials though are always a good choice in my case, like DYG, TH, HS - I have a couple of those.

I think it depends on your lifestyle and scent choices. If you change scents a lot then separate pheros might be better. But even then, if there are certain go to scents and go to pheros for certain occassions, then it's definitely worth it especially for the grab and go factor and because you can take it anywhere with ease.

And it goes without saying, for example, that if you use social pheros on a regular basis (like every day) then it's likely more economical to layer.

I think layering just requires some test runs to find your 'sweet spot' amount. Some pheros, like Swimming with Sharks, I know I will want to wear with a variety of scents that are too different to play well with a single boosted scent so I get the phero strait. It's cheaper.

But others, like BI, I will be wearing with scents of the same 'tone' so I have them in a scent that will easily layer with those. Plus there's that grab-n-go option. It's cheaper. :001_tt2:

Disclaimer - I am not a daily phero user.

Just as pretty much everyone has indicated above, I have certain pheros in bottles, mostly those that I consider to be versatile that I might wish to wear with any number of scents - DYG, CB, TH, Boy/Boy. Then I also have a number of boosted bottles of certain favorite scent/phero combinations mostly with SS4W.

Hmm thank you for the advice everyone. Maybe I will work with unscented socials first. With the more sexual unscented..it's agreed that B.I. is pretty stinky, right? I think I will just boost perfumes w B.I. Are sexology and cougar and Dominance as stinky? One of the reasons I found LP was because I was sick and tired battling EOW . I am still amazed how well these oils cover those stanky ass cops!

Oh when layering..do you put on the Un-Phero first then put the fragrance on top? Do you less of the Phero than you do the perfume oil? I'd like to where pheros anytime I leave the house. Well I have lately..maybe the newness will wear off soon..ya think? lol

Disclaimer - I am not a daily phero user.

Just as pretty much everyone has indicated above, I have certain pheros in bottles, mostly those that I consider to be versatile that I might wish to wear with any number of scents - DYG, CB, TH, Boy/Boy. Then I also have a number of boosted bottles of certain favorite scent/phero combinations mostly with SS4W.

Edited by Geena

Hmm thank you for the advice everyone. Maybe I will work with unscented socials first. With the more sexual unscented..it's agreed that B.I. is pretty stinky, right? I think I will just boost perfumes w B.I. Are sexology and cougar and Dominance as stinky? One of the reasons I found LP was because I was sick and tired battling EOW . I am still amazed how well these oils cover those stanky ass cops!

Oh when layering..do you put on the Un-Phero first then put the fragrance on top? Do you less of the Phero than you do the perfume oil? I'd like to where pheros anytime I leave the house. Well I have lately..maybe the newness will wear off soon..ya think? lol

I do the opposite of everyone else, I think. I put fragrance, and then decide what phero I want to use. I stripe it on beside the perfume. Generally, for me at least, a little less than the perfume (with the caveat that I use a boatload of perfume...)

All of my straight pheros are in DPG, not oil. To me, they have a vaguely powdery smell, not offensive at all. Drop Your Guard & PC-Cuddle Bunny I literally could just wear alone and sniff all day - I actually LIKE the smell...

Now, as far as BI and the heavily EOW'd up....obviously those are gonna smell of cops. I personally don't have anything straight that is heavy on cops - my BI is in perfume...

I'm w/ pony on the perfume than pheros. Diffuses out much better. Besides it's not like you'll dilute your fragrance. I've put this stuff on in the morning, passed out w/out a shower & still been going strong the next morning. I would def. give the fragrance a 15 min. drydown. I do much prefer to boost than layer, though. Usually you'll find a phero blend you love above all others. So the boosting is really convienient. -Be blessed,Beccah-

Dominance IS stinky, don't nobody try and tell me differently, okay? :D

But that's a result of what's in it, so it's not a complaint, just a very strongly-stated observation.

Dominance IS stinky, don't nobody try and tell me differently, okay? ^_^

But that's a result of what's in it, so it's not a complaint, just a very strongly-stated observation.

Well for me...IMO, Dominance beyond stinky...tis STANKY!...and I do have to let this one dry down well...

I don't wear as much as it is not exactly congruent with me, yes, I am more of a TAH gal...don't get me wrong, being the duel natured tried and true Gemini, I can adapt to that side when I need to, I just hate to break out this side as you do not want to mess with Djac on Dominance or Tal...but on the rare ocassion that I do use it, I definitely let it dry well. Because UH HUH, yes it does stank. No complaints, and it does do what you need it to do.

be blessed -djac

Dominance IS stinky, don't nobody try and tell me differently, okay? ^_^

And your point is?! Luna darlin' - don't send a boy to do a man's job.

Just sayin...

Of course I'm huffing the Dominance Boosted Ego Boostier from DJac - (bless you DJac) so I am all 'Tude at this point.

With this attitude -sheesh - I might use the flogger. As the flogger not the floggee. (is that the correct spelling? Get confused...)

Dominance makes me General Patton 58 ways from yesterday. Most of which - are not an enhancement to my existing bossiness and lack of patience.

And your point is?! Luna darlin' - don't send a boy to do a man's job.

Just sayin...

Of course I'm huffing the Dominance Boosted Ego Boostier from DJac - (bless you DJac) so I am all 'Tude at this point.

With this attitude -sheesh - I might use the flogger. As the flogger not the floggee. (is that the correct spelling? Get confused...)

Dominance makes me General Patton 58 ways from yesterday. Most of which - are not an enhancement to my existing bossiness and lack of patience.

AH, Shelly, you and I have the same attitude, too! I think we were separated at birth! BUT, I love me some Dominance!

Dominance is the best work scent for me. I tried SWS, Dominance is way better. It may be that I work w/ a very strange guy & my boss is from India. I don't know, this blend helps me the most dealing w/ foreigners that have the most drastically different culturally heritage from own. & it works beautifully w/ my weightlifter husband.-Be blessed, Beccah-

Edited by Beccah1

Dominance is the best work scent for me. I tried SWS, Dominance is way better. It may be that I work w/ a very strange guy & my boss is from India. I don't know, this blend helps me the most dealing w/ foreigners that have the most drastically different culturally heritage from own. & it works beautifully w/ my weightlifter husband.-Be blessed, Beccah-

I know what you mean. I have acquired an unreasonably difficult client over the past month.....he is of Arabic descent, and is very VERY "harsh" with women (for lack of a better word). When I wear Dominance, he turns into a puppy, and does what he's told.