Love Potion: Autumn Equinox 2009

Beccah

This one is complicated to my nose. I can smell the standard LP notes floating in and out of the additional fall notes. The apricot in this one is very subtle, just barely noticeable. This is not overly spicy, not overly fruity. It is a not a moist or juicy scent, nor is it dry. It is like fall leaves that have just fallen from the tree, just beginning to dry out, but still pliable. As it dries on me, it starts to develop a slightly waxy note.

This one reminds me so much of the first LP Autumn Equinox version I tried, which I think was 2007......it just smells completely, totally like autumn.....dried leaves, fall fruits, and almost a chill in the air.....with that lush LP base in the background. I traded my LP Autumn a while back......now I may need a bottle of this, because it makes me realize how much I miss the old one....

I put this on yesterday before going to work. On the way to school my young son told me that I smelled like gingerbread and cinnamon. Now I know those ingredients aren't in the mix but that was his impression. He thought his mom smelled really good. I loved the scent, and it lasted most of the day. It made me long for cool weather (we are in the deep south.. still waiting for it). :lol:

Rosegirl

I put this on yesterday before going to work. On the way to school my young son told me that I smelled like gingerbread and cinnamon. Now I know those ingredients aren't in the mix but that was his impression. He thought his mom smelled really good. I loved the scent, and it lasted most of the day. It made me long for cool weather (we are in the deep south.. still waiting for it). :lol:

Rosegirl

You and me both....When it isn't hot, it is raining. I dream of East coast fall days......

Mmmm, so good! If not an exact revisiting of LP Autumnal Equinox '07, definitely in the same family. I think there's a sweeter, thicker maple in '07. This year's version seems to be a bit drier. But ooh I love it, so warm and yummy and deep. The pomegranate and the apricot lend an aura of tangyness but not the exact fruit, it's just more a blending of all of the elements to create Fall in a bottle. The LP base is so perfect for this kind of fragrance. :Hug_emoticon:

I. LOVES. THIS.

Did I never smell LP Autumn 07? Can't remember....

This I want to roll myself in. Dry and bright, sweet with that fantastic LP patchouli undertone. Orange blossom (not generally a favorite of mine) sharpens it up to lend a crisp fall air element.

Might be my first alcohol-ized version, as I think it would be wonderful spritzed on my winter sweaters.

Did I mention I adore this?

with that fantastic LP patchouli undertone.

Oh noes!! Really? I had such high hopes for this one. Patchouli isn't in the description. I can't wear anything with even a tich of patchouli.

Oh noes!! Really? I had such high hopes for this one. Patchouli isn't in the description. I can't wear anything with even a tich of patchouli.

How are you with LP Original? I don't think there's anything in this one that's not in that one...maybe one of the ladies can chime in on whether or not there's actually patch in it.

Have you ever tried any of the Love Potion seasonals or variants? They are all based on the original base which is vanilla, amber, patch, misc other magically delicious flower/greens. If I recall Mara said the patchouli she uses in the LP's is verrrry aged and not your run-of-the-mill.

Generally, I am neither an amber nor a patchouli fan, but I do love the Love Potions, in all their variations.

Might want to give it a try...

And generally the LP base (vanilla-amber-patchouli) isn't exactly the same in any of the variants anyway, IIRC. It's formulated based on the other ingredients in the blend so that all will be harmonious.

Have you ever tried any of the Love Potion seasonals or variants? They are all based on the original base which is vanilla, amber, patch, misc other magically delicious flower/greens. If I recall Mara said the patchouli she uses in the LP's is verrrry aged and not your run-of-the-mill.

Generally, I am neither an amber nor a patchouli fan, but I do love the Love Potions, in all their variations.

Might want to give it a try...

I love the smell of LP original, LP red, and LP + BI either in the bottle or wet on my skin, but as soon as they dry on my skin the patchouli starts amping up, and within 15 mins to an hour it is all I smell. Believe me, I tried hard to make these work, especially LP red.

I have LP summer solstice 2008 that I haven't actually tried. I just put some on. I detect no patchouli yet but it just dried.

I can detect no patchouli in LP pink 2009, which is one of my favorite perfumes.

Well luckily the patchouli doesn't come out in Pink, at least (for you, I mean). However, I imagine you WILL smell in this one, if only because it's one of those essential notes for creating Autumm ambience.

Got my first order today. Was waiting in drivethru, so I opened my box, & went for the LPAutumn. I LOVE THIS ONE. THe main thing I smell is fruit, not like fresh fruit. Like Apricot cobbler, so glad I got a bottle unsniffed.

I'm glad to hear the maple is dry-not all sugary or syrupy( I've said it before, I amp maple, I don't like smellin like pancakes..much like Xev and Patch!).

So that makes me happy! I was worried about it a little.

Anyone else have word on the maple factor?

• 4 weeks later...

I have my Dominance boosted bottle now, & I do have to say. It brings the pomegranate out more. This a sweet, but dry fragrance. The maple in it is more like maple leaves. Love this one!

• 1 month later...

Wow, this is foody, spicy and woodsy all at once. I love the maple note in here, and I'm getting something like dried leaves which I absolutely love. The spices are mellow, and the amber adds a beautiful golden depth. Beautiful, beautiful blend. :P I'm such a sucker for autumnal scents, and I only wish I could have gotten a bottle of the 08 one when it was still around!

• 2 months later...

For the first 10 min or so, it was just all amber up in my face. But it mellowed to a rich, gooey maple, and it was literally turning heads as I walked around. I thought there was vanilla in it! Such depth and warmth. ETA Cheeseburger, the maple is somehow rich WITHOUT having that candy-like sugary smell of maple syrup (which I actually dislike) -- imagine a maple-flavored vanilla fudge.

I am getting absolutely no fruit from it at all. Very strange.

Have had it on now for almost 4 hours and still tempted to gnaw on my arm.

ETA AUGH SORRY MODS - I *did* search for this but nothing came up!!- I looked under "autumnAL equinox" because that's what it said on my vial. Sorry, sorry.

Edited by tyvey

• 7 months later...

Lovely and rich! The main vibe I get is maple with a bit of fruitiness from the pom and apricot. Very strong throw and lasts a long time.

• 5 months later...

This is APRICOT on my skin! Hmmm... the fruity aspect of the scent reminds me of Autumn lust... :P:):lol:

• 1 month later...

This somehow reminded me of the LP Original scented wax melt! It smells reli similar!!!! :lol:

• 3 months later...

This has aged so well! The pomegranate is still very prominent on my skin, but that could be the summer heat throwing the scent out like baked goods...

• 1 month later...

JUST got this! I LOVE it! My first impression wet was lots of spice and vanilla - again, like holiday candles or maybe pumpkin spice. As it dried the vanilla amped more and now I have a lovely fruity vanilla potpourri with the barest hint of spice - like an autumnal spiced fruit compote!

• 7 months later...

I do not know where I got a sample of this from, but I am glad that I did! I have decided that I love Autumn scents. This LP variant is so cozy and crisp! Why have I not noticed this one? Right of the bat it smells like LP OG and LP red with LP Autumn 2011 had a very good work out session together. All the flavors have burst and melded into one delicious scent. It's crisp and juicy with aroma but sexy at the same time.

It's fresh and not heavy so it would make a great scent to wear into the Summer. Omg I can't stop smelling myself. It's like all my favorite components of all the LP variants in one awesome scent!

• 7 months later...

I didn't like this when I receive this in a trade long ago and never got down to testing it. I decided to give it a spin a few days back since its been sitting unloved in my trade box.

I actually like it. I' glad that it does not have an over-sweet maple syrup to it. I can really smell the LP base after dry down. I'm not sure if I'll call this sexy autumn scent but I'm pretty sure I will use it more often during the cool weather.

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...

I know this perfume is older & no longer available, but it was kindly included as a freebie in my last package and I have to rave about it.

I LOVE THIS SCENT SOOO MUCH!

Yesterday I put it on at 9am and at 12:30 pm I was getting constant waftings of its delicious foody autumn goodness. It reminds me of pancakes with maple syrup, and pecan pie. It doesn't smell exactly like them, but it's got this constant desserty presence that's reminiscent of certain baked goodies. And it makes people stand closer or lean in when they're near you. I wonder if the LP Autumn 2013 is anything like this?

Edited by vladmyra

I always forget I have a FB of this one and its truly one of my favorite years. There is something magical about this one and its really so very beautiful to wear in the fall. I need to put all of my fall scents together in one spot so I can use them during this month and next....

I always forget I have a FB of this one and its truly one of my favorite years. There is something magical about this one and its really so very beautiful to wear in the fall. I need to put all of my fall scents together in one spot so I can use them during this month and next....

That's what I did a couple of weeks ago! I grouped my scents by Spring/Summer and Fall/Winter, with a few in the middle that could go either way :)