Pomme de Poison

liz

WOW !! not at all what I expected, in fact I didn't even plan on sniffing it, apple isn't my thing (unless it's green apple).

In any case, I went on a day trip to Salem, MA (had a BLAST ! Cheezie YOU would LUV it there), thought I grabbed Sassy Sibylia sample to take and dab in the car....I didn't, it was Pomme de Poison (crap).

So I tried a sniff of Pomme de Poison, hated it....a few minutes later, sniffed again, hmmm... it's o-kaaay, I kept sniffing it and eventually I started dabbing it every where and the others in the car were asking oooh...what is that ? smells great !

The apple is light but it's a teasing kind of light, I can smell the fig, pumpkin and amber combo, or I think I can, I wasn't sure of the other ingredients, I only know that the apple in this is enticing (very much like the label)

think I want..NO NEED a full bottle of this !

I can't believe how much my nose/tastes have change, scents I would normally pass on are now some of my likes, no doubt the expertise and magickal blending has made a huge influence on me.

I still can't review as nicely as many of you here but I really like this one. Very NICELY done !

Edited by liz

WOW !! not at all what I expected, in fact I didn't even plan on sniffing it, apple isn't my thing (unless it's green apple).

In any case, I went on a day trip to Salem, MA (had a BLAST ! Cheezie YOU would LUV it there), thought I grabbed Sassy Sibylia sample to take and dab in the car....I didn't, it was Pomme de Poison (crap).

So I tried a sniff of Pomme de Poison, hated it....a few minutes later, sniffed again, hmmm... it's o-kaaay, I kept sniffing it and eventually I started dabbing it every where and the others in the car were asking oooh...what is that ? smells great !

The apple is light but it's a teasing kind of light, I can smell the fig, pumpkin and amber combo, or I think I can, I wasn't sure of the other ingredients, I only know that the apple in this is enticing (very much like the label)

I can't believe how much my nose/tastes have change, scents I would normally pass on are now some of my likes, no doubt the expertise and magickal blending has made a huge influence on me.

I still can't review as nicely as many of you here but I really like this one. Very NICELY done !

Hey Liz

How far away from Salem do you live? I live about 30 mins.

Hey Liz

How far away from Salem do you live? I live about 30 mins.

I'm in CT, slightly better than 2 hours, you live in MA ? Next year we're thinking of doing a 'weekend thing', needed more time to explore.

Edited by liz

Great to hear! I got a full bottle unsniffed because Ail had a hand in its creation.

I'm totally envious of your day trip to Salem--I lived in Boston for several years and made the pilgrimage every fall. It's one of the things I really miss about living in there!

I have this a comin to me! Yay! I didn't know Ail helped make it though...

What up with Salem Liz? Why would I dig it so much?

oh this & that but there's SO MUCH MORE !!! the history, the energy, the good/dark (nocturnal), the hoekey and the fun ! hard to explain, but a great experience, if you go w/an open mind yet no wild expectations. it has gotten a bit commercial, but you can still find a sense of power.

eta: CHEEZIE !! click on this & that (above that is, they're links)-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SWB, are you originaly from New England ?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

but I digress.....back to Pomme de Poison

Edited by liz

SWB, are you originaly from New England ?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

but I digress.....back to Pomme de Poison

Nope, but I lived in Boston for several years and LOVE the vibe in Salem--I used to go up at least once a month and do the rounds of the shops.

To put this reply on-topic, this scent would be the perfect New England, Salem scent. It's very fall, with a hint of apples but not APPLE. It's not sweet, but has a nice underscent. More like a woody fruit--not juicy but ripe and has a good crunch and flavor and leaves you wanting more, if that makes any sense at all.

Love love LOVE Salem, although I've never been there at the height of their tourist season (i.e. Halloween). But yeah, that's one place where the Haunted New England vibe is very strong, IMO. Steph I'm jealous that you lived in Boston except for the crazy frozen water part, heh.

To put this reply on-topic, this scent would be the perfect New England, Salem scent. It's very fall, with a hint of apples but not APPLE. It's not sweet, but has a nice underscent. More like a woody fruit--not juicy but ripe and has a good crunch and flavor and leaves you wanting more, if that makes any sense at all.

Yep.... that's IT exactly ! wearing it again today, SP too !

Edited by liz

During the month of October, there is a psychic fair all month long. I'm going to try to go this year.

not to burst your bubble.......but I wasn't very impressed w/the psychic fair, perhaps my expectations were much too big. 20 readers sitting too close in a rather small area and only ONE vendor ! I was hoping to purchase a unique and unusual tarot deck, none available, I kept thinking there must be more thru another door, nope...nada. Did find a good used book store, Danna ! you would have been proud of me ! I found a book on this month's triv contest subject : ED GEIN, hee !

what phero to amp with???

I thought of that as well, for me...it screams "ME-feel good" phero like un-scented Tranquility potion, un-scented Open Windows or un-scented Focus potion.

Love love LOVE Salem, although I've never been there at the height of their tourist season (i.e. Halloween). But yeah, that's one place where the Haunted New England vibe is very strong, IMO. Steph I'm jealous that you lived in Boston except for the crazy frozen water part, heh.

It was a good experience--met some good people, as you know. In the Midwest now though so haven't avoided the crazy frozen water. Salem anytime is fantastic but the crazy season--the vibe is just rockin'--good people, having fun. And the pet costume contest on the commons is a blast!!

Yep.... that's IT exactly ! wearing it again today, SP too !

Been wearing P de P all day and am loving it. It's light but persistent. Kudos to the ladies for this one!

I just had mine amped with 2x True Confessions! I can't wait!

So did you get yours in a perfume spray and then amp or did you get a regular bottle amped with 2x TC??

Spray! I have ordered way too many! I think I have ordered:

Cougar 2x in gemini scent

Open WIndows 2x in Boardwalk

Cougar 2x Good Witch

Intellectual Woman 1x in Nox

Heart & Soul 1x with Seven Minutes til Midnight which I hope will be the equivalent of 2x h&s

Drop Your Guard 2x in Pomme De Poisin

BAM 3x Sandalwood and Resins

And about six sprays to load my old favorite Lp's into!

Spray! I have ordered way too many! I think I have ordered:

Cougar 2x in gemini scent

Open WIndows 2x in Boardwalk

Cougar 2x Good Witch

Intellectual Woman 1x in Nox

Heart & Soul 1x with Seven Minutes til Midnight which I hope will be the equivalent of 2x h&s

Drop Your Guard 2x in Pomme De Poisin

BAM 3x Sandalwood and Resins

And about six sprays to load my old favorite Lp's into!

Cool beans! I've ordered a couple of spray kits--thinking that it'll help with the diffusion of those scents I have already amped. I think that PdeP will be great in a spray!

I think it will be too. And I am thrilled about loading my amped Lp's in a spray kit! I am so excited they gave us this option! Most of my faves I have more than one bottle. I thought it would be really fun to do alcohol over oil and really have some staying power!

I swear we're sharing a brain,lol. This one has an aquatic feel to it? something in it reminds me of Autumn Mist.

oka-a-ay.....caving slo-o-wly....but unsure if I should get P de P boosted in regular form OR spray (OW-1x + 5ml perfume oil) ? need feedback on the pros v. cons, please :D

oka-a-ay.....caving slo-o-wly....but unsure if I should get P de P boosted in regular form OR spray (OW-1x + 5ml perfume oil) ? need feedback on the pros v. cons, please :D

Got mine boosted in regular form with BI. Might use one of the kits I'm getting to put it in spray form though.

Got mine boosted in regular form with BI. Might use one of the kits I'm getting to put it in spray form though.

yeah... the alcohol thing is what has me teetering on that proverbial fence, if I'm struggling this badly then it probably isn't for me

yeah... the alcohol thing is what has me teetering on that proverbial fence, if I'm struggling this badly then it probably isn't for me

I personally think it's easier to control application strength with the roller balls. However, since my bottle is boosted, I think it would be interesting to see the difference in reaction based on diffusion. That said, I think I'm going to experiment with boosted scents that I happen to have in multiple bottles (l'm going for it with one of my bottles of Mr. Right).

I think the scent of PdP is light enough without using the spray but I can definitely see why you're teetering.

Well if you're really torn, you could maybe buy the oil boosted. Also get the preloaded bottle. Use half the alcohol, make half your bottle a spray. I've turned a whole boosted bottle into a 1 ounce spray. After experimenting & finding that alcohol layered over oil is the best diffusion for me. Instant gratification& long lasting satisfaction. I have since turned half of 2 boosted bottles into sprays. -Be blessed,Beccah-

I personally think it's easier to control application strength with the roller balls. However, since my bottle is boosted, I think it would be interesting to see the difference in reaction based on diffusion. That said, I think I'm going to experiment with boosted scents that I happen to have in multiple bottles (l'm going for it with one of my bottles of Mr. Right).

I think the scent of PdP is light enough without using the spray but I can definitely see why you're teetering.

Well if you're really torn, you could maybe buy the oil boosted. Also get the preloaded bottle. Use half the alcohol, make half your bottle a spray. I've turned a whole boosted bottle into a 1 ounce spray. After experimenting & finding that alcohol layered over oil is the best diffusion for me. Instant gratification& long lasting satisfaction. I have since turned half of 2 boosted bottles into sprays. -Be blessed,Beccah-

the pre-loaded option sounds tempting ! thanks ladies

but I've already ordered P de P in the rollerball and I think they'll shoot me if I change my order to "boosted 1x w/5ml scent add-in"

Beccah1....oil boosted ? I didn't see that option or am I misunderstanding ?

Edited by liz

So if you have a boosted perfume that has less lasting power and is light and disappears easily..do you think making it a spray would help with that? I understand that sprays help get the fragrance out to more people..but I'm not sure how it affects lasting power and the strength of the fragrance?

the pre-loaded option sounds tempting ! thanks ladies

but I've already ordered P de P in the rollerball and I think they'll shoot me if I change my order to "boosted 1x w/5ml scent add-in"

Yes, dear the boosted potion. I bought Fairest in the sale, had it boosted w/ H&S. I was experimenting w/ that & a couple others. So instead of adding the whole bottle to 20ml alcohol to get 1oz, I did half bottle to 10ml alcohol. Layering is the best for me. Geena, you could spray the lighter scent on your clothing if it's not staying on your skin.

An alcohol base can make a perfume "louder" in the short term - as it gets more of it up in the air.

As far as hair and clothes - they will hold scent for a very long time, no matter the base. An alcohol spray will allow you to lightly mist your hair and clothes, so that can work nicely for things that aren't cooperating with your skin chemistry. When I apply my oils, I apply them on purpose to get a little onto my shirt/bra, and hair. I put some under my hair at the back of my neck, and when I apply to my torso, I put on my clothes when the oils are still wet. That way, I get all-day scent no matter what. And you can still even smell a little it on your clothes on laundry day.

Liz, in the new spray versions you can opt for either pure alcohol or a 60:40 mix of alcohol & oil (it might be CPS, I can't remember). As I understand it the alcohol/oil mix will be somewhere halfway between pure oil or pure alcohol in terms of longevity of the phero effects. I think that goes for the scent too :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...

:666:

This one is truly a poison apple on me. Overwhelmingly metallic, and that's just not on me, but in the vial too. I have no idea what note is causing it, although usually benzoin does for me. I guess ginger too, M says that's the note in Super for Women which makes it smell like that...so maybe the spices. *sigh*

:)

This one is truly a poison apple on me. Overwhelmingly metallic, and that's just not on me, but in the vial too. I have no idea what note is causing it, although usually benzoin does for me. I guess ginger too, M says that's the note in Super for Women which makes it smell like that...so maybe the spices. *sigh*

Yup right there with ya on that...and same for SUPERfw

Smells like a metal pole in winter. If that is a smell one can capture.

DH adores this one, and I can hardly stand to be in the same room with it.

It has excellent sillage...

• 2 months later...

I love fig, it loves me and I'm going to run off with it and have its hybrid babies. I'm not really into fresh apple scents but I love spiced apple blends like this, and the addition of dark sticky fig just makes it over and above delicious. Add pumpkin to that and you've already got a huge scentgasm on your hands. As if that wasn't enough, the pomegranate gives a slight tangy kick, the amber deepens and sexifies some more, and the spices are just plain seductive. Love, love, love, want to lick myself all over and hope it has the same effect on male specimen of choice..... :magicstick:

• 1 month later...

My skin just eats this one up-- it's there, and then gone, in five minutes. There is now only the faintest hint of apple and spice on my skin. :\ Too bad. I think I might try again on another day.

• 3 weeks later...

I just got this one to sample from Halo (thanks hon!), honestly in the bottle I thought it was vial. For some reason I kept coming back to it. Finally looked it up on the purfumerie and read what it was about...those scents should appeal to me but in the bottle I was not getting it.

Tried it on.....AAAAAAAAAAAAAAhhhhhhhhhh (little light bulb blinks on in the nose) This one smells like the holidays to me. Like a room decorated for christmas with a roaring fire and hot apple cider sitting in a punch bowl on the table.

This was an unexpected treat, I may get myself a full bottle for next fall. This is one of those perfect rustic warm scents that evokes thoughts of home and family for me. No poison there....okay, maybe sometimes. LOL

• 1 month later...

It's so strange -- I *love* every ingredient in this, but for some reason every time I wear it the main impression I get is of LEMONGRASS -- not just the smell but even the texture of the lemongrass plant! It's seems sort of rough and pointy on me. I don't get any of the warmth or depth or even foodiness that the rest of y'all get. :thumbup:

But what's really weird is that women LOVE it on me -- they don't get that impression at all! -- I ask if they smell lemongrass and they look at me funny -- they say NO, it just smells fresh and uplifting and cheerful. Bizarre!

Edited by tyvey