Frosted Mulberry Cranberry and Plum

salomewilde

"A delicious combination of Holiday fruits, frosted with icy peppermint and pine. Contains real peppermint essential oil, which brings a light, icy tingle to the skin!"

The lasses at LP really know their fruits. This is my other favorite of the holiday blends, along with Odin Claus.

In the bottle: Fruits and candy cane

Wet: Ripe sugarplums play with tart cranberries. Bold, juicy mulberry kick to finish. *drooools*

Drydown: Plum, touch of fir needles and a breath of chily peppermint fades into dark mulberry.

Olfactory bliss right here! This has my favorite notes in it and they work so festively together!

Edited by salomewilde

• 1 month later...

I can't believe I haven't written a review on this one yet.

In the bottle: Bright, fresh berries, with a sharp sparkle which can almost be distinguished as pine.

On wet: Juicy is really the only word that fits. The peppermint and the pine play very well together, and work as the perfect frame for the explosive juciness of the fruit.

Drydown: Eventually the plum comes through, and has the longest staying power, making this scent go from a bright pinkish red to a darker, purpler fuscia as it evolves. The pine eventually wins out over the peppermint, matching the darkness of the plum.

This blend is so exact that the icy frosting of pine and peppermint is more of a sparkle on the fruit than it's own note. The fruit are much more tangy than I expected, but every bit as juicy as I hoped. I really love this one.

Try wearing it while eating brownies. You will explode with delight.

• 7 months later...
I can't believe I haven't written a review on this one yet.

In the bottle: Bright, fresh berries, with a sharp sparkle which can almost be distinguished as pine.

On wet: Juicy is really the only word that fits. The peppermint and the pine play very well together, and work as the perfect frame for the explosive juciness of the fruit.

Drydown: Eventually the plum comes through, and has the longest staying power, making this scent go from a bright pinkish red to a darker, purpler fuscia as it evolves. The pine eventually wins out over the peppermint, matching the darkness of the plum.

This blend is so exact that the icy frosting of pine and peppermint is more of a sparkle on the fruit than it's own note. The fruit are much more tangy than I expected, but every bit as juicy as I hoped. I really love this one.

Try wearing it while eating brownies. You will explode with delight.

This was one of the free bottles that I got with my most-recent order, and I have to say that Scourger described it to a T. And she gave me the perfect excuse to bake brownies!

NOM, NOM, NOM!

AD_FrostedMulberry.jpg

LOL! Why does this label scare everyone? I searched and searched for a picture like this. I saw one in a fashion magazine where the girl was all painted white with white mascara, and I thought it was so beautiful, wintery and frosty, so I searched until I could find something to license that was similar.

AD_FrostedMulberry.jpg

LOL! Why does this label scare everyone? I searched and searched for a picture like this. I saw one in a fashion magazine where the girl was all painted white with white mascara, and I thought it was so beautiful, wintery and frosty, so I searched until I could find something to license that was similar.

I think the label is pretty! :goldfish5:

• 1 year later...

Oh wow, this really does make my skin tingle when I put it on. The peppermint is strong initially, takes a backseat on the drydown and lets the sweet and tart dark fruits really shine. There's just the faintest hint of pine in the background, but it doesn't dominate. Overall this is exactly like sipping a luscious chilled wintry fruit punch right next to the Christmas tree. Love! :)

Edited by Invidiana

I really like this one! It's mostly cranberry and plum, with a cool overlay of peppermint that gives it a perfect zing. It makes me feel fresh and happy. :)

• 2 years later...

This smells really similar to Nectar de L'amour to me... checking the ingredient list I see the only one they have in common is mulberry, so maybe that is what stands out on my skin. I love the candied sweetness of the juicy berries and I'm not getting much peppermint or pine from it, which is great as I'm not so keen on those notes. I'll be keeping an eye out on the trade thread for more of this.