Sassy Sibylia

sultry brunette

AD-SassyS.jpg

Sassy Sibylia

We call it Halloween. Before that it was All Hallows’ Eve. But before that, in days long since lost to myth and legend, the ancient Celts called it Samhain…the night when the border between the worlds of the living and the dead all but disappeared. Other legends speak of the Priestesses of the Sybil, who stood at the entrances to caves to call upon the spirits of the dead. There are also tales of the fae folk, who hold their sway on the unsuspecting who wander through their woods. With all these forces moving about, we thought it best to create a little something to keep them happy and working in your best interests.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:
MOSSES ~ Luck enhancing, financial success, protection, charity.
SPICES ~ Lust, love, invigoration.
MAGNOLIA ~ Adds an air of nobility, psychic enhancer, inspires peace and harmony; fidelity.
MAY APPLE (aka American Mandrake magically equivalent to European Mandrake) ~ Powerfully protective, draws prosperity, personal strength and power, amplification of intent and other ingredients.
CHYPRE (blend of Civet, Ambergris, Oakmoss and Musk) ~ Potently sexual combination, wealth drawing.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This one is yummy in a subtle spicy kind of way. Definitely sassy… This one has some clove or nutmeg in it that comes out strong when wet and then fades into the background as it dries. This dries into a softer spicy scent with a depth that is just barely noticeable. It is like looking into haunted eyes that have a playful edge. It is intriguing and a fairly closely held scent that lasts for longer than I expected given the light throw.

Upon application, this perfume slammed me into the WayBack machine....it smells on me (at least to my memory) exactly like White Linen. Now this was a fragrance my mother chose for me as my "first" perfume - I had the bathoil, powder, sachets, cologne, you name it. So it is forever imbedded in my preteen memory. Looking at the described content, Sassy Sibylia doesn't seem to have much in common with White Linen, but that's what it evokes for me.

Very much powdery, but a strong powder. Can a powder be assertive? Then this is. Has stayed true for several hours now.

And I've gotten 3 unsolicited comments on Sassy Sibylia, so evidently it is congruent...

I didn't get powder w/ this one. To best describe it, I don't really get fruit. More like walking in the fall woods down here among the ripening persimmons. Not that there is fruit in here. It just really reminds me of the woods( I love the fall woods smell). Another favorite this month.

• 2 weeks later...

In the vial I really enjoy the fall evocation, but once I have it on, SS develops a perfume-y twang to it that I don't like. What some might call old lady-ish. But there's some notes which I know do not like me (magnolia and cyphre, for example, tend not to work on me at all). I think I get primarily the mosses and spice in the wet stage which I do like, so this would have to be a scent locket for me.

• 1 month later...

This one was a surprise hit with me! I was afraid it was going to end up being too herby, but not in the least. It's actually a very smoky and seductive scent (rightly named "sassy"!) full of woods and spices and just a hint of sweentess from the May apple. This is definitely turning into a full bottle for me. :cry:

• 2 years later...

This is quite spicy and smoky to me. I have the same feeling Luna does with it on drydown, it becomes perfume-y and old lady on me. Too much like a commercial scent. For some reason I also get florally, or at least the suffocating kind of feeling of too-strong florals - maybe because they evoke allergies in me and this scent somehow reminds me of getting allergies or makes me feel I will get them, although no sign so far.

• 4 months later...

I was gifted this by the lovely Beccah. In the bottle, it is a nice fall scent, sort of herbalish. On my skin, the mosses took over and smelled sort of powderish. Almost old ladyish like the others described, but not quite. About an hour in, something fabulous happened. The magnolia came out and turned this into a mildly sweet and softly floral fragrance. The spices warm it up a bit, and the chypre added just a hint of darkness and sexiness. It blended with my skin instead of just sitting on top of it. The first scent with chypre that I've EVER been able to wear successfully. A great fall scent!

• 1 year later...

AD-SassyS.jpg

http://www.lovepotionperfume.com/perfumerie/potion/SassyS/

"Mosses and Spice keep you protected as you walk through those fairy woods, while at the same time enhancing your luck and creativity. Magnolia kicks up your psychic abilities and brings peace and harmony to your spirit, while May Apple's protective properties also bring money and love on this most auspicious of nights. Finally, a little dash of Chypre amps up your own sexual energy, making this a fine time to cut loose and seek out that potential lover you've had your eye on. But be careful...those fairy woods are filled with enchantments -- and enchanters -- of all types, but with this powerful blend, you'll be able to work your own spells on them!"

MOSSES ~ Luck enhancing, financial success, protection, charity.
SPICES ~ Lust, love, invigoration.
MAGNOLIA ~ Adds an air of nobility, psychic enhancer, inspires peace and harmony; fidelity.
MAY APPLE (aka American Mandrake magically equivalent to European Mandrake) ~ Powerfully protective, draws prosperity, personal strength and power, amplification of intent and other ingredients.
CHYPRE (blend of Civet, Ambergris, Oakmoss and Musk) ~ Potently sexual combination, wealth drawing.

I'm happy to have scored a bottle of this sold-out potion from the Trade Post! I haven't tried it yet but have been happily huffing past few days. From the bottle -to my nose, it's all about the spices! Am truly hoping it wears the same as well. I don't want the florals to emerge like the other ladies have described above. I wonder if layering UN Stone Cougar underneath would help? I remember one of the dolls mentioning once that Cougar enhances fragrances. I don't know if she was talking about the UN or layering the pre-fragranced Cougar Potion however.

• 4 months later...

I thought I'd already reviewed this, but apparently not. Sybillia is just a lovely, complex fragrance with (on me) a deffinite "mossy" note. I've always loved it--in autumn, I even sleep in it, someimes with some very pleasant dreams. A complete favorite, with my love for the Sassy one.

• 2 months later...

I received a FB as a free gift from LPMP and am I ever glad ! My bottle may well be 6 years old. Not having a list of the ingredients handy, and deciding it was a Hallowe'en scent, my brain told me 'Pumpkin, lots of pumpkin in this one" and then shortly after that it broadened out into moss with a hint of metal underneath. And the metal just kept coming in the most lovely sort of way. I switched it from my stash labeled 'foodie' to the one labeled 'metal' along with LP's like Iron Angel and the gemstone/silver/gold collection. If I had to describe it in one sentence, I would say ' a spicier version of Iron Angel'. Would love a rebrew of this. It's long lasting and very unusual, just my type of scent.

• 6 years later...

Am revisiting this lovely gem, and did have to smile when I saw my review above ! 

Now that my bottle and I are....ahem... almost 7 years older, I'm getting spiced apple from this. Interesting that I was getting pumpkin all those years ago, must have been my mind filling that in. As I rarely wear this because I have it in the 'metal section' of my collection, I'm going to move it under "protection' alongside Mapacho. There are days when I just feel too open, too vulnerable. Being in crowds, even in large office meetings can be an issue. Obviously this hasn't been an issue during pandemic but I'm slated to return to in-person engagement (fancy way of saying get your butt into our office) for January 2021. This will likely follow me there ❤️