OOOOhhhh for the love of PETE! Someone must have Winter Sweatered...

Shelly B

Please, oh please - swear the winter sweater blend makes the mate dizzy with want.

CHECKING.

Whatever - call me human and vain. Regardless - call me mate. Of some insanely studly man I haven't met yet....

Or hey - one Primal Bengal. :666:

Horny Perimen is a mental health condition. Just sayin'

EDITED to add---

:ph34r:

(Sheesh - I really need to not read so many paranormal romances at the same time I'm aggravated at Mr. Shelly and having my liquid anti-oxidants in the form of a nice fruit forward Zinfandel. In case you were wondering - I was totally in lust with the male protagonist in the Lora Leigh Feline Breed series book I read yesterday - which hopefully - makes that original post a little more understandable.)

Edited by Shelly B

Please, oh please - swear the winter sweater blend makes the mate dizzy with want.

CHECKING.

Whatever - call me human and vain. Regardless - call me mate. Of some insanely studly man I haven't met yet....

Or hey - one Primal Bengal. :666:

Horny Perimen is a mental health condition. Just sayin'

Shelly...my mate has been out of town since I got my sample,so can't be sure, but I can't say why it wouldn't! Did you get yours boosted with anything?

Shelly...my mate has been out of town since I got my sample,so can't be sure, but I can't say why it wouldn't! Did you get yours boosted with anything?

Yes - I ordered Winter Sweater boosted with Heart and Soul. :-) Wanted a cuddly phero for a cuddly scent. Wanted the whole - take the edge off effect Pony described in a scent that was congruent with that.

(Which to note - Wouldn't it be great if M and D did an Scented Open Windows - like a lemony/vanilla/ginger cookie/creme kind of thing- sort of happy sunshiny and edible scent? I'd buy that...)

I'm just bummed - I loved your review because it sounded so good - and I was hoping other people would log in and say whether they liked it as well. Figured sniffies had gone out and I'm dying to hear what people like or don't like about it.

And I'm always interested in both - because I think it's truly amazing how each of our body chemistry changes the notes and different things amp on different people. Like Honey goes waxy yucky on Rosebud, and some people amp ginger/spices, and Patchouli smells (normally) gawd awful on me. :-)

And because it's the first time I've tried to describe a moment and have Mara capture it - I really anxious to know if it worked.

As an aside - my kitty is curled up in the printer hopper next to me and managed to hit the buttons to scan something - and scared herself. Too funny. Sassy Cat is a menace to society and the clumsiest cat that has ever drawn breath. It's a miracle she doesn't kill herself 15 different ways a day.

Sighs. Will have to sneak check this thread from Europe.

TTFN ladies...

(Which to note - Wouldn't it be great if M and D did an Scented Open Windows - like a lemony/vanilla/ginger cookie/creme kind of thing- sort of happy sunshiny and edible scent? I'd buy that...)

Heh, you just described Yule Snuggle, mostly. :lol:

If I happen to get a sniffie and I get it in time to take with me, I'll let you know what Q thinks of it on me after next weekend.

EDITED to add---

;)

(Sheesh - I really need to not read so many paranormal romances at the same time I'm aggravated at Mr. Shelly and having my liquid anti-oxidants in the form of a nice fruit forward Zinfandel. In case you were wondering - I was totally in lust with the male protagonist in the Lora Leigh Feline Breed series book I read yesterday - which hopefully - makes that original post a little more understandable.)

Holy Mother I love those books!!! :) I just finished the most recent one too. :lol: I'm getting SB hooked on them too. Hee hee...

Shelly-I think the Twilight series and the Charlaine Harris novels helped get me out of my last crappy relationship--noooo kiddin. And yes I realize these men dont exist but I did find one thats quite a few rungs higher on the ladder...

Now-Winter Sweater-no. I'm Sorry, no sniffie for me, however I got a bottle of oil AND a bottle of Perfume Spray boosted with.......

DOUBLE STRENGTH COUGAR-in tribute to you my friend!!!! :D

Yes - I ordered Winter Sweater boosted with Heart and Soul. :-) Wanted a cuddly phero for a cuddly scent. Wanted the whole - take the edge off effect Pony described in a scent that was congruent with that.

I'm just bummed - I loved your review because it sounded so good - and I was hoping other people would log in and say whether they liked it as well. Figured sniffies had gone out and I'm dying to hear what people like or don't like about it.

And I'm always interested in both - because I think it's truly amazing how each of our body chemistry changes the notes and different things amp on different people. Like Honey goes waxy yucky on Rosebud, and some people amp ginger/spices, and Patchouli smells (normally) gawd awful on me. :-)

And because it's the first time I've tried to describe a moment and have Mara capture it - I really anxious to know if it worked.

As an aside - my kitty is curled up in the printer hopper next to me and managed to hit the buttons to scan something - and scared herself. Too funny. Sassy Cat is a menace to society and the clumsiest cat that has ever drawn breath. It's a miracle she doesn't kill herself 15 different ways a day.

Sighs. Will have to sneak check this thread from Europe.

TTFN ladies...

He's home and he likey!

Hi guys -

Back from Europe and waiting (not so patiently) for my stamps.com notice. :-)

I want my new goodies before my next trip back - 3 weeks from now. I want to see what Heart and Soul does in a work setting. And since it will December - smelling like Christmas Candles and musks sounds yummy.

Of course - I read the description of Empress - remembered how much I loved the Ginger Creme in Mr. Right Now and the Peach in Hotter than Hell - and snapped up 3 bottles. Loaded with Cougar of course - since the description talks about ignoring age and society etc- it seemed so appropriate. :-)

And of course - chomping at the bit to stock up on scented Cougar Potion. DUH.

And of course - chomping at the bit to stock up on scented Cougar Potion. DUH.

I think a lot of ladies will be snatching that one up! Me included! The ladies had better churn out BIG VATS of it!!

This definitely a winter scent. It is not foody at all, rather it is crisp at first and then becomes a subtle musk tinged with a slight touch cranberry and orange. I liked it and I thought it was a little funny that it reminded me of a scent I'd find at Bath and Body Works. Then again, it could be my body's chemistry talking.

This definitely a winter scent. It is not foody at all, rather it is crisp at first and then becomes a subtle musk tinged with a slight touch cranberry and orange. I liked it and I thought it was a little funny that it reminded me of a scent I'd find at Bath and Body Works. Then again, it could be my body's chemistry talking.

[/quote

Isn't that funny? It reminds me of two different recent BPALs mixed together plus a little something extra. I just got my big bottle today. Yippee

Wow, This one is really cozy and beautiful.. unfortunately after 10 minutes or so, my skin does that amp thing.. And this is EXACTLY the type of fragrance I WISH I could wear :)

This may go on my trade list.

FINALLY - it's here - and it's been melding away on my skin...

1st impression - it's the least Shelly of the Shelly PE's - because it's a moment not a series of scent notes - as described above.

2nd impression - it started leaves and smoke and sparkly hot candles - and has settled into a clove/orange and musk. It is very close to the skin - and I'm so going to wear it on my trip home to the Mitten at Christmas. This really does remind me of skin under a sweater at the holidays.

3rd impression - it is really cozy as it settles past the leaves/fire - I could see using this as a sleepy time scent on cold nights. I like Bubble on warm nights - for some reason - sweaty nights by self seem to call for soap - but I like it less on really cold nights where I want something warmer. This sort of says warm snuggles to me. Maybe it's the H&S I had it amped with - but in combo - I could see getting deep under my covers with my beloved kitty - and having the sweetest sleep.

Shelly B, I adore this.

It smells like home, right? Home at Christmas time. I still live here(in Michigan, the mitten Shelly speaks of so the rest of you know), and I just got out of the city for a week. I went hiking in a pine foest, roasted hot dogs over a fire, saw stars, and the first big fluffy snowfall of the year.

Shellys scent captures some of that and more-it has pine, if not pine then somethin like it, Shelly, to me your 'leaves' are pine needles(my little bro blended white and scotch pine needles and had me sniff em on our walk-he also told me to respect fairy rings properly-hes a great kid-15), and theres definetly woodsmoke, these hit me first too. And they are comforting.

The scent grows more feminine after the top notes settle a bit, and I glean the fruits and spices. A trace of musk-not much, and I'm glad as I see this perfume as very atmospheric.

Your right! It's the most Un-Shelly B scent that you've done, but it's a very well done one, and comforting as all get out. Again, reminds me of home, Christmastime, warmth and cozyness--uh--comfort and joy? :o

Lovely stuff. Good job girls.

• 3 weeks later...

Another one I really wanted to like and simply does not work on me. Rats! Smoke and more smoke and far too strong for me.

Wow, this is an absolutely perfect winter blend! I love smoky scents and LOVE firewood, and this very much brings to mind that firewood smell coming from people's chimneys outside during the fall/winter. Blend that with some sweet spiced treats and you've got a positively swoonworthy concoction--warm and cozy with a foody background. :666:

• 2 months later...

Dang, I wish the smoke, firewood and leaves came out for me! That must be really cool. Mine started very fruity, the orange and cranberry out front, then quickly settled down into musk-and-clove, which I found outrageously sexy. Funny though, this is *not* a feminine scent, at least not on me, it didn't make me feel sexy in a feminine way, it just ... seriously activated the launch sequence, wink wink, sorry if that's TMI but want to be helpful by being totally honest, lol. I experienced it as probably better on a guy. Maybe that's the clove and ambergris talking? Definitely a keeper.

I got a sniffee of this in the last order. Oh Shelly, this is right up my alley! Sweet in the beginning, it mellows into the campfirey, smokey, incensey smell.... I'll have to order this one for when the DH & I are camping....

• 4 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Got a sniffee of this and at first sniff just couldn't figure out what to make of it! Definitely interesting. A bit woodsy, like cedar, a bit smoky. I kind of like it, but I think I would like it on a guy more. Is it a guy's fragrance? Somehow I think the slight spiciness in it would amp beautifully on a man.

My wish came true -- Mara sent a sniffie of this in my recent order. You almost need to have grown up -- or live -- in a snowy place to appreciate the memories this little bottle captures. Christmas Eve in front of the fireplace, sipping spiced tea, watching the snow out the big picture window gently falling through the street lights, catching reflections of the fireplace dancing on the foil wrappings of the presents under the nearby tree. Winding upstairs to your chilly bedroom for the night, changing out your warm red sweater for a cozy flannel nightgown, with the sweater still holding on to the scents and warmth.

Or, same night, bundling up and taking an evening walk, catching scents of smoke through chimneys and glimpses of twinkling lights, the snow swirling through the street lamps, everything perfectly still and quiet, the only sound being your footsteps crunching through the snow.

Ahhhh. Thank you for making this, Shelley and Mara!

Edited by Just Ducky

• 2 months later...

I can picture the scenario painted by Just Ducky but my skin seem to amp the spice (clove, I think), making it smell (still) masculine on me. I'd love to smell this on a man and enjoy snuggling close to him on a cold winter night though.

• 1 month later...

check the trade threads, DD...someone may have a sniffee somewhere. I just got one, and it's lovely! Woodsy, smoky, a little musk. I'm not getting much fruit, if it's in here - sorry didn't see any notes listed, except what's in the threads above...

• 5 months later...

I got this for free in a trade (shpanks a million, BruiseViolet) and intriguingly, this comes across as masculine when first applied, and goes into gender neutral territory but still leaning towards masculine after a couple hours of wear.

I appreciate how this smells like good, clean laundry that doesn't have that loud, chemically-hitting-you-over-the-head-with-detergent smell. I knew someone who used to be fond of Angel perfume (though it's been awhile since I've smelled that) and that kind of struck me as clean laundry smelling. But with this, it just seems so much more, well, expensive and elegant. I want to be the rich lady who buys the ridiculously overpriced boutique laundry soap that smells like this, and have the matching candles, bath soap, and drawer sachets so everything I wear and sleep on smells like this. It also has strange magnetic qualities-- I sniffed it and thought it smelled masculine without being able to nail down the notes and then just kept sniffing at more frequent intervals and now I know this is going to be applied to my sheets by my head so I can bury my head in this at night.

I don't think it's got a lot of throw, which in some ways is a shame because I like perfumes that keep me in my own cloud like Pigpen from Snoopy, except, you know, smelling good, and of course, not triggering anyone's allergies as well since I don't want to be one of "those ladies."

However, I could see this one easily being added to the permanent, acquire-on-sight list rotation. *goes off to see how many bottles on artfire.*

p.s. I just want to add that while I love my dove soap and the smell it imparts to my skin, I don't actually like soapy scents so I'm marvelling that this reminds me of good clean laundry, without crossing into soap territory.

Edit: I reapplied to put some cuddle bunny in to test my CB un. I rubbed my forearms over each other and that seemed to increase the masculine scent. Almost like a certain aftershave that I remember a teacher or my dad wearing? Wet, it also has a note that reminded me of my church growing up, but then again, I went to a Catholic school so maybe that was still my teacher's cologne there. That masculine soap/aftershave/cologne smell is slowly fading towards the laundry smell but it takes a little while. interesting!

Edited by MissHazel

• 3 months later...

I need to admit upfront that I bought this one smell unknown but it sounded sooooo good. And with the arrival of my goodies yesterday, I chose this one out today to try out. This one is so gorgeous!! I get a bit of citrus, a bit of spice, and something I can only describe as warm out of the dryer clothes. I paired it up with UN Cougar and I think I found a new combo since I'm venturing away from my staple of scented Cougar. It's very warm and sweet. I will definitely be wearing this one a lot when the weather turns cool and I'm wrapped up in sweaters - mostly so that I can surround myself in its smell.

There's three bottles left in the sale ladies. I do think you should give it a shot but if not, I may head over and pick up just one more.

• 2 months later...

I think there may have been a few bottles left after the sale. I think I bought three or four because this smells so cozy but I was afraid of going overboard. :smiley-laughing024:

• 1 month later...

Omgosh i was panicking when i seen it on the artfire site like i would be too late or something!

lucky me i got a bottle (the roller is fail at being a roller though so i really gotta mess with it to get some on)

This is a really nice winter scent, i wear it when i get all upset because its like some crazy hot guy left his scent behind on a christmas sweater for me and im being all creepy comfort sniffing what he left behind :Hug_emoticon: It makes me cry when im upset because of reasons (stress relief probably)

Buuut when im just wearing it for the hell of it i can really pick up on the manly musk fumes, holiday candles and the 'warmth' of just cuddling with said hunky man. Its a very "in the moment" that it was captured and bottled up for guilty sniffing!

Something is a tad pokey though, i think its spruce cuz its so green in there that i cant think of anything else that would do that lol

Im really in love with this, sorry i cant really describe it very well but i think of a green sweater~