A Phero for my sick @ss?

Hello all. I feel like hell. I have some kind of cold-flu hybrid that started with a sore throat(like laryingitis-I kinda sound like an old man and my voice just cuts out if I talk too much), and a sore ear-then I got a wheezy chest and cough and this mornin it turned to a cold--thing.

It keeps "morphing" one symptom will go away (ie;nausea comes around, then leaves, and the throat thing comes back)--I still have my nose though! At least so far...

Anyhow-pheros to soothe the ill-my head is in that"fog" should I wear focus potion?

orrrrr.....Tranquility to just relax me??

I'm thinkin focus pocus...to cut through the haze...what do you guys think?

Ps-I have my suspicions that this is the damn swine flu. It's been floating around Detroit like Gangbusters...I know a few people who have caught it. Its not the big deal people make it out to be, you don't even need to go to the doc for it unless your elderly, a child, or already ill...so whatever, I just wanna feel better.

Bonus-I'm Pms'n. I'm a damn mess. Help. Any other remedies would also be appreciated before I trek to the drugstore for Nyquil and stuff....

Don't know about pheros, but I have a wonderful "prescription" for a bath that will make you feel much better! You need the following:

bathtub

cup of hot tea

cup of room-temp water

towels

bed

blankets

Draw a nice warm bath, but not so hot that you can't get into it comfortably.

Have your cup of hot tea standing by the tub.

Have your room-temp water by the bed, which you've lined with two large towels.

Get in the tub, with whatever scents you like (bath salts, oils, etc. are fine)

Once in, start adding HOT water, you want to end up in a close-to-scalding tub.

Once super hot, you will probably only last about 10 minutes, that's fine. You should be sweating!

Drink your hot tea in the tub.

After about 10 mins. or so, get out carefully, dry off quickly and go jump in the bed, between the towels. You're gonna sweat!!

Cover up with every blanket in the house. The idea is to sweat it out!

After about 45 minutes or so you will stop sweating. At this point it's ok to drink your water. Don't drink it before, because you want your body to stay as hot as possible.

Take a quick rinse in the shower and relax!!

By raising the body's core temperature you help yourself fight off and kill viruses and germies. This can be done 2x a day as needed.

BE CAREFUL!! This is not appropriate for people with heart problems, high blood pressure, vertigo, etc.

Hope you feel better soon hon!!

Edited by goddesslynne

Sorry to hear you're not healthy. Try to limit your contact with others if it might be the swine flu.

I don't think there's really an appropriate phero though maybe tranquility might help you to relax. I'm more of one to take alka seltzer cold/flu medicine (works great for me) and drink some of that nyquil sleepy version because it helps me sleep through being sick, and sleeping through it not only feels better, but for me, I think it helps the healing process because during sleep the body gets rest and the cells do their natural repairing. So anything that can help you sleep or just even relax (a good movie, a good book, even a certain LPMP scent that you love IF you can smell it- basically whatever you find soothing) is really good during this time.

Hugs to you and I hope you feel all better very soon!

Maybe this is just me, but...you don't need pheromones for everything. When you're sick you need to rest...if you have problems with resting then aromatherapy is more appropriate, IMO. Pheromones are to enhance a situation or a mood but they're not meant to be a fix-it for anything we're not patient enough to endure in our lives.

Yes, good points ladies. Gonna get some medicine-do the hot bath thing and just use something with lavender in it. I'll stop trying to wake up and do stuff(see-thats what I keep tryin to do-chores, ect...),and Starlites right-sleep. I'm sooo tired as it is.

I wish it was raining....the suns out-it's 60 degrees here-we aren't going to have many more days like this where I live-boo. I wish I was up to snuff so I could go muck about in the sun..oh well.

Thanks for the well wishes ladies! Oj and baths and bedrest for me. I'm sure my laptop will get alot of use!

Maybe this is just me, but...you don't need pheromones for everything. When you're sick you need to rest...if you have problems with resting then aromatherapy is more appropriate, IMO.

I'm with Luna on this one. You need a warm bath, some honye-lemon lemsip & lots of TLC & sleep :huh: No sense in burning off extra neurotransmitters by using phero's when you're sick & pooped already. Go snuggle up in bed -Doctors orders!

Hugs!!!

stay away from pheros all together.

my advice:

Pheros use up much needed neurotransmitters that usually replenish and are not an issue. When you are sick, you dont replenish as easily.

Pheros will make you sicker.

Am I wrong?

I dont think so, my children bring home all kinds of goodies and I have had *lots* of practice using pheros on colds.

Needless to say, I wont be doing THAT again,lol.

WEIRD! Well, I'm really glad I asked because the LAST thing on my mind would have been 'neurotransmitters', ya know?

God who knows about THAT? Lucky me-YOU DO! Thanks for the tips. I really had no clue. Medicine has been bought, I'm suckin down some Airborne as we speak-Hot bath awaits(funny you said that Lynne-my old boss did too once, but ya replace tea with a hot toddy--exact same scrip though!)

Anyway-thanks again everyone. Ajais Misty Lavender tonight!

WEIRD! Well, I'm really glad I asked because the LAST thing on my mind would have been 'neurotransmitters', ya know?

Well that's exactly how pheromones work.

• 2 weeks later...

Airborne is a placebo, just so you know. You're better off with Time Release Vitamin C and zinc if you can stomach it. You need to eat some starch before you take zinc because it's rough on your stomach, but it works. Echinacea, which is the "active" ingredient in Airborne, was proven several times to be a placebo, most notably by the New England Journal of Medicine in 2005. It's the old "I took some and then saw mild improvement over time, so it must have worked" things.

Edited by LaurieNY

Pheros use up much needed neurotransmitters that usually replenish and are not an issue. When you are sick, you dont replenish as easily.

Pheros will make you sicker.

Am I wrong?

I don't want to hijack this thread, but might like to start a new one just on this subject...

For now...is this ^^correct? And in particular, how might this affect someone with ADD/tendencies for chem depression? :cry:

For now...is this ^^correct? And in particular, how might this affect someone with ADD/tendencies for chem depression? :o

Lor's statement is correct; Neurotransmitters (NT's) are continuously produced by the brain but overstimulation means using NT's at a faster rate. You can get overstimulation by overdoing the coffee or longterm use/heavy highdose testing of phero's and that uses up the NT stores at a faster rate than the brain produces new... You can then get temporary NT depletion which usually manifests itself as a hangover effect; fatigue, headaches etc

The brain is very efficient in replenishing stores though & you can help it by providing the "building blocks" needed; B vitamins (especially B5, 6 & 12), Vit C, Omega oils & a few minerals. Keeping well hydrated, eating a balanced diet & adding a multivitamin and/or B vit complex is all you need to prevent NT depletion.

As for ADD and depression. I don't know if there's been any research on those conditions & phero usage... but I do know from own experience (I have ADD) & from talking to other ADDers over at PheroTalk that with phero's that are particularly stimulating (eg TAF, Focus Potion etc) , I can tolerate much higher doses than the average user & not get any adverse effects. Take TAF for example...most people find 10-15mcg to be their max dose & with more they get "caffeeine jitteryness", anxiety, restlessness etc (ie they get an overstimulation high). Me on the other hand, I find 35-40mcg TAF to be the right dose for me, around 60mcg if I don't take my ADD meds that day.

It's the same with other ADDers I know & it makes sense to if you know how an ADD brain differs from a normal brain. ADDers brains don't lack NT's, research has shown that our levels are the same as in a normal brain but the NT's we have are, well...a tad "lazy". They respond a bit slower than the NT's of a "normal" brain. As a consequence, if you give Adderal/Ritalin to an ADD brain you stimulate the NT's & increase the activity but the result isn't "a high" as the boost only speeds us up to "normal brain signal speeds". However, give the same drug to a "normal" person & they overstimulate their brain & get high...

Clinical depression is different as it's caused by NT imbalance. I don't know if this is just a coincidence but I spoke quite a bit with 2 individuals over at PT who suffered from depression & they couldn't notice any results in self-effects when using phero's. I don't know if that's because they didn't give phero's a proper try or if it was actually due to the depression either directly (due to NT imbalance) or indirectly (due to the social/behavioral implications of depression, not interacting with people as much etc). My flatmate has problems with anxiety & depression (though mainly anxiety) & I've noticed that some phero's seem to not affect her when I wear them whereas others seem to have positive effects on her. OW seems to relax her & make her more calm & comfortable (not happy/good mood like in myself). It tends to be the comforting & relaxing phero's that she responds to, most sexy mixes don't seem to have any effect but the alpha & bouncy/energizing mixes make her avoid me or get snappy...same as when she has an anxiety episode or is stressed.

Not sure if that answered your question? Bottom line though... I don't think phero's are bad or cause NT depletion if someone has ADD or is depressed, but their response to the phero's may not be the same as the "standard"

^^^

Thanks so much for the response, Rosebud. I'm having some little battles w/ endo- and neuro- stuffs, and I just can't imagine having to give up the pheros!!

To cheezy, if you're still not feeling up to par, all I can say is LOTS of ginger tea and vitamin C work miracles! :shocked:

^^^

Thanks so much for the response, Rosebud. I'm having some little battles w/ endo- and neuro- stuffs, and I just can't imagine having to give up the pheros!!

To cheezy, if you're still not feeling up to par, all I can say is LOTS of ginger tea and vitamin C work miracles! :snake1:

since we are making/giving off pheros all the time, its not unreasonable to use them ever, with any issues we suffer from, except alot of mixes out there are so unbelievably concentrated that its potentially depleteing to anyone....

for instance, research the dosages we use and what a healthy person makes.

the dosages anywhere are hundreds of times stronger, like being in the company of like 100 sweaty people stacked? LOL.

but this is what is cool about LP-

using the pheros in oil-form seem to inhibit the molecule dispersion and make those strong formulas last longer and overwhelm less.

Im willing to bet someone else here can say what im trying to say better :shocked:

id be less concerned with ADD and pheros, and more concerned with people wearing high dosages around people with asthma.

If stimulation seems to calm ADD down, pheros may be beneficial.

With asthma, you can,like,die.