Mapacho

luna65

Although this was created to be unisex, I would say that for most it will be perceived as a masculine fragrance. It is very smokey...that's the point of it, of course, but that quality is very dominant - not just the scent of the tobacco and the other elements which compliment the heart. It's the kind of scent which is so appropriate for this time of year (in the Northern hemisphere), when the scent of woodsmoke and burning leaves and other vegetation becomes part of the landscape no matter where you might live. The spices are a little sharp, however, upon first application; but they tone down considerably after drydown. The final stage is a smooth sort of fragrance, still smokey but also the tonka gives it a nice warm quality. As far as the greener notes, I can smell the dogwood blossoms as a topnote in the vial, but otherwise they seem to be overwhelmed by the rest of it. I like it, though I think I'll have to let it age a bit before I wear it myself (unless a certain Limey decides he wants it for himself).

This is less unisex than I expected, and I don't get anything smoky out of it. Hard to say, as I am not familiar with dogwood, but I definitely get tobacco flower (they have a wonderful fragrance) and a touch of tobacco. On my skin, it is actually rather brighter than expected, and has excellent sillage. Surprisingly, on drydown it was floral. I want DH to try it, too.

I tried this one out on the TT. It was a success w/ him. The tobacco flower is wonderful. I can actually smell fresh tobacco leaf in there somewhere. If only I could snatch up all the full bottles I want @ this point. Alas, the mind is willing. Yet, the wallet is weak lol. I would definitely get a full bottle of this. There are a ton of Dogwood trees where I live, so it's easy to pick that note out for me. I also love the honey like sweetness the cognac imparts.

This one started out odd... on me but deepened into something really nice. My guy was wondering if I was wearing the same scent. I really like this one. On me it's almost herbal, like Loco, but a masculine-like floral as well. I just don't have the nose to describe these things. Definitely would like a full bottle.

• 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...
Although this was created to be unisex, I would say that for most it will be perceived as a masculine fragrance. It is very smokey...that's the point of it, of course, but that quality is very dominant - not just the scent of the tobacco and the other elements which compliment the heart. It's the kind of scent which is so appropriate for this time of year (in the Northern hemisphere), when the scent of woodsmoke and burning leaves and other vegetation becomes part of the landscape no matter where you might live. The spices are a little sharp, however, upon first application; but they tone down considerably after drydown. The final stage is a smooth sort of fragrance, still smokey but also the tonka gives it a nice warm quality. As far as the greener notes, I can smell the dogwood blossoms as a topnote in the vial, but otherwise they seem to be overwhelmed by the rest of it. I like it, though I think I'll have to let it age a bit before I wear it myself (unless a certain Limey decides he wants it for himself).

I definitely found this to be more masculine. It smelled better on my brother then on me.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 10 years later...

Back when it was being sold, I bought 3 bottles of this. 3 ?? No lie. I found it helps me when I feel unsafe in a social setting. I'm a strong empath and not great at shutting out negative vibes. This bottle was formulated to help with that and goodness, it has certainly helped me. I don't think I've much analyzed the scent over the years. I keep in a certain row of my bottle organizer for "Emergencies". And I'm glad I have it.