Dark Seductions

Dolly

Hi. I am kind of teetering on the brink of getting some of the "dark seductions", mainly because I am an amber lover. Anybody have any ideas about it? Coudn't find much on the forum. :blink: Maybe some of you who have tried it could give me some opinions?

Having a hard time deciding if I should go with Isis or Dark Seductions.... :unsure: I'm conflicted......HELP!!

Thanks for your responses! That was exactly the info I needed! Florals are not really my thing, as a rule, so I may have to pass on the "dark seductions". I think I might snatch up Isis before it is sold out though.......if my pocketbook will allow me to.....hmmmmm......decisions, decisions..... :blink:

Oh, I find Dark Seductions to be absolutely sexy! While I do not find that my skin chemistry responds well to most "floral scents" (too light and girly and they far too often turn powdery on me) when I tried out my new vial of Dark Seductions my Beloved's immediate response was "Oh, you smell incredibly sexy."... and, trust me, we are a very amorous couple so for him to consider something I wear to be above and beyond the degree of sexy he usually perceives in me, it's SEXY. This scent makes me want to buy up as many bottles as possible because it is absolutely perfect... an incredible orchestration of scent notes... and I would encourage you to try it despite your hesitation regarding florals (Whoa, hold on, what am I doing suggesting you should buy Dark Seductions? On second thought, no... you absolutely don't want to buy this one... so I can buy the bottle I "talk you out of buying" :blink:

Oh wow. This one really is nice. Florals sometimes turn really wierd (some almost rancid) on me. But this one is different. After drydown, the floral fades to the background, and it turns kind of dark and mysterious on me. Very interesting.

Oh wow. This one really is nice. Florals sometimes turn really wierd (some almost rancid) on me. But this one is different. After drydown, the floral fades to the background, and it turns kind of dark and mysterious on me. Very interesting.

I am really excited about this one......finally a floral blend that I can actually wear......not frilly and light, but deep dark florals....more in line with my personal tastes.....and my body chemistry actually does not corrupt this at all. :wub: That is VERY unusual.....

Ok, I just had to go in and order the full bottle of Dark Seductions. I wore some of my sample last night with my fiancee. He has renamed it from "Dark Seductions" to "Instant Erection" :mellow::) I told him that I would order a full bottle after the New Year (after my bank account recovers), and I added to that statment....."If it doesn't sell out befire then".....this opened a discussion about the limited editions and the fact that this particular brew may never re-appear. He told me that I had to order one NOW.....and he's paying for it..... :) So, that's what I did!

Oh, and Mara and Danna, if I missed the shipping cutoff, that's ok.....I have plenty left in my sample......

Edited by Dolly

Ok, I just had to go in and order the full bottle of Dark Seductions. I wore some of my sample last night with my fiancee. He has renamed it from "Dark Seductions" to "Instant Erection" :mellow:

Dolly, I am so glad you ordered a bottle... and that it works as well for you as it does for me :) This was precisely the response My Beloved had to the scent. It is an absolutely sexy scent on me. In fact, I have already ordered my second bottle because I wanted to make sure I had some for future wearing.

Dolly, I am so glad you ordered a bottle... and that it works as well for you as it does for me :) This was precisely the response My Beloved had to the scent. It is an absolutely sexy scent on me. In fact, I have already ordered my second bottle because I wanted to make sure I had some for future wearing.

Yes, thank you for the tip on this one! My honey paid for the full bottle. He was so funny.....he didn't know that the perfumes here are limited editions....when I said that I hoped it doesn't sell out before I could afford a bottle, he said...."Well, you can always order it when they make some more". I had to explain to him that not all LP perfumes are re-brewed. He told me that I had to get one immediately. RIGHT NOW. So, I did......it will be on it's way to me after the New Year..... :) He also made me promise that I'll only wear it around him.... :)

• 6 months later...

This is truly a masterpiece! It joins the ranks with my favorites, Honeyed Sugarcomb and Possets Lavender Corset. :019-[Drooling]-[EmoticonKing.co

The more I try floral the more I am loving the purple flowers......

The scent seems almost "purple." If that makes sense. It's blatantly sexy. Its like being in a cloud of smokey, steamy prettiness. I smell a strong flower and a few flowers backing that one up with vanilla and amber.

The expensive, really sexy in your face perfumes distant gyspy cousin. This seems very womanly and makes me feel powerful. It's like a sexy Pagan woman casting spells and reading her book of shadows. This perfume seems to invoke images to me. This is the first time that has happened

I will be getting a large bottle and hoarding this like my other favorites. I like to smell pretty, oh so pretty.....................................................

• 5 weeks later...

Dark Seductions is soft and musky with a clean undertone like floral soap. Elegant, neither too feminine or masculine and certainly sensual. Not over powering, it is subtle. Upon the dry down I smelled honey like spices, so it must have been the amber and cream. However, I also do smell the deep floral tones coming out as well.

The more I try floral the more I am loving the purple flowers......

The scent seems almost "purple." If that makes sense.

I see colors when I smell most perfumes....."purple" is how I described this one, also.....

• 1 month later...

I can't believe that I forgot to review this one! I got this bottle from magickal ohama btw, since dark seductions got sold out in LP and it had alot of rave reviews, so I was like hmm...why not give it a try?

This is another one on my hoard list, absolutely fantastic and it's coming from a cutsy-girlie-girl type of fellow lol. This scent is more mature, definately sexy, and very mysterious...I would wear, this to classic occasions when I'm in a velvet black dress and curly hair locks, and red lipstick. Yep, it's sexy!

On my skin, I get a touch of incense, amber (I guess this is what amber is supposed to smell like!), and dark violets and other florals. Soooo beautiful, I love it, I can see, how men would react to this! And I don't like incense/resins that much, but Danna has done something to it to make it work! Excellent brew, lady! ^_^

I never thought that I would fall in love with such a dark, deep perfume and I like cutsy stuff better, so that sorta tells alot lol!

The thing that I couldn't get over was that this had amber (probably has lots?) and it didn't turn rancid on me, and it usually does.

All in all, this is seductive, I'm so glad I have a full bottle of it!

Now since I love dark seductions and sugar'd honeycomb...I can't wait to try out Dolly's honey'd seductions! X_X omg, that sounds like smokey sex in a bottle.

Edited by esmeralda

• 2 months later...

I was fortunate to snag this as a sample even though it is sold out, unfortunately my skin loved it too much - 1/2 hr to 1 hr and it was completely gone even though i had used half the vial - nothing.

• 1 month later...

My boyfriend wants you all to know that when I wore this today and asked his opinion, he picked up my arm, sniffed it, sniffed it, sniffed it and then inhaled it like cocaine.

This is one fabulous fragrance! Give me your unwanted bottles! :lol:

Nightlife - if only there were unwanted bottles...<sigh>

I never get to wear this because it is one of DH's faves.

It's a beautiful scent, faint floral on top and after an entire day it wears to a soft ambery "skin scent."

Of course now it will forever remind me of my husband.