Maras Domino

KrazyKat

Maras Domino contains fluffy white marshmellow, black licorice, powdered sandlewoods, Tunisian Amber, Vanilla, silky powdered sugar and a drop of basil.

To my nose, this scent is ALMOST identical to Sogni Incantati I recently had the experience of sampling. I would say the difference is a very slight licorice undertone.

For those of you reading this who are not familiar with the famed Sogni... Domino is super light, semi-sweet, with clouds of vanilla and marshmellow.

A beautiful fragrance if you love vanilla or if you love lighter fragrances.

Edited by KrazyKat

I just got my bottle today and tested it out. Testing it straight, it was a little too girly/ethereal on me, though I liked the licorice. I had also ordered a bottle of Banishing Moon, (since I used my sample to death), and tried a little of that on the same wrist to see how it blended with the Domino. Domino softens the initial sharpness of the almond in Banishing Moon, and also seems to bring out the lavender a bit more, which is usually a note that is lost on my skin. I really like these two together. It took me a while, but I'm learning that even if something doesn't work on me by itself, it might be great in combination with something else.

Hmmm... I haven't made my mind up about this one yet :)

I was expecting to absolutely love this one , just like I love Sogni Incanti, but this one is nothing like SI on me. SI is all soft & snuggly vanilla on me & I can barely make out the anise in the background. Domino is almost all anise on me, just slightly softened by something "soft & fluffy" but it's too non-distinct to be identified as vanilla to my nose.

Don't get me wrong, Domino is nice but I'm not over my initial surprise/shock that I didn 't get my vanilla goodness that I was soo sure I would :love:

Wish I'd thought about this thread before... I got 2 bottles & I'm not sure they'll get much lovin :(

Would love to take one off your hand RB.....

I love M's Domino...It is not as sweet as SI to me...but I love, love, love it...look @ my trade thread or I can pay-pal or GC ya!

Wish I'd thought about this thread before... I got 2 bottles & I'm not sure they'll get much lovin :(

OOhhh Goodness :) I wish I had known this when I sent you my other bottle of Maras Domino last week, well I know your putting it to good use, its just a shame you have 2 more on top of it.. Its such a Beautiful blend, Im sure you wont have a hard time finding a home.

OOhhh Goodness :( I wish I had known this when I sent you my other bottle of Maras Domino last week, well I know your putting it to good use, its just a shame you have 2 more on top of it.. Its such a Beautiful blend, Im sure you wont have a hard time finding a home.

The one you sent is going to a very special lady so don't worry, you didn't send it in vain :)

Unfortunately I didn't know I wouldn't love this one or I would have sent one of mine...

The one you sent is going to a very special lady so don't worry, you didn't send it in vain :)

Unfortunately I didn't know I wouldn't love this one or I would have sent one of mine...

No sweat Rosebud, I totally understand. I KNOW your heart is in the right place :(

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Yum, fluffy clouds of vanillaed marshmallow with swirls of licorice! I vastly prefer this to Romeo & Juliet, which has a more herbal kind of anise feel. Compared with Sogni, Sogni is more of an anisette cookie to me while this is more marshmallow, but they're both equally delicious!

Edited by Invidiana

Yum, fluffy clouds of vanillaed marshmallow with swirls of licorice! I vastly prefer this to Romeo & Juliet, which has a more herbal kind of anise feel. Compared with Sogni, Sogni is more of an anisette cookie to me while this is more marshmallow, but they're both equally delicious!

Domino & Sogni are two of my favs Invidiana. I also got a sniffee of Egg orginal....OMG..I would love to get my hands on a bottle of that!!!!

Domino & Sogni are two of my favs Invidiana. I also got a sniffee of Egg orginal....OMG..I would love to get my hands on a bottle of that!!!!

I'll be happy to get a bottle of the EGG rebrew, hehe--and if you like EGG, might I suggest its edible companion, See's Scotchmallow chocolates--they're to DIE for! A coworker enabled me. Imagine marshmallow, honey and caramel covered in dark or milk chocolate (I prefer the dark but you can pick either); it's pure ecstasy. :)

Edited by Invidiana

• 3 months later...

Oh I love this one! Soft fluffy clouds of vanilla marshmallow grounded and with soft amber and made interesting with the licorce. I get the basil in the beginning but it does not stick around. I think it's the sandalwood that's giving it some thickness. Really cool fragrance. Glad I finally got a bottle.

• 1 year later...

This licorice remained at the foreground in the bottle, on wet and on dry down. Interesting scent although I am not sure if I will enjoy this thoroughly. I might have to layer OCCO White under to tone down the licorice. I have Sogni Incantati on the other arm which seem to have disappeared.

• 1 year later...

This is lovely -- light, silky, subtle and sheer. I get the marshmallow, but it is the quietest one i have met yet, and the licorice is also more of a sparkling resonance than a note I can pull out and identify. It's just the right level of sweetness for my taste, not too sugary and not drowning these delicate notes. I am keeping the bottle on my bedside. Occasionally pairing with Apparition.

Side note: I love these marshmallow blends where you shake the bottle and watch it go cloudy!

Edited by Blackcat