Loco en La Luna

luna65

AD-LocoLuna.jpg

Loco en La Luna

There's something about a full moon that makes the senses just a little sharper, the hairs stand up on our necks, and our inner beast yearns to come out and play...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:
SWEET MUSK ~ Self-confidence and strength, sexual attractant, heightens passions and arousal.
SAGE ~ Healing, prosperity, cleansing, wisdom, longevity, protection, wishes granted.
WILD BLACKBERRY ~ Healing, money attraction, protection.
BLUEBONNET~ Self-sacrifice and survival, success in gambling and luck, appeasement of the gods, Lunar energies.
BERGAMOT ~ Relaxant, confidence builder, uplifts emotions, protection, attracts riches.
TEA LEAVES ~ Invigorating, refreshing, mentally and physically uplifting, lust, riches, courage, strength.
OSMANTHUS~ Happiness, celebrations.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I was thinking I should wait (till the next full moon) to wear this, but of course how could I not want to wear something so obviously me? :lol:

This is a lovely sweet musk buoyed with blackberry and a bright thread of sage. It's very complex, not just one quality over the others, but a feeling of glowing playfulness, so appropriate for a passion blend. There's a somewhat herbal quality overall from the other notes, but it's unique; it's something that you might not think you'd like just from seeing the notes but together they are very compelling. If, like me, the moon is one of your totems you should treat yourself to its' splendor in fragrant form.

SO I too love the moon. Something about it amazes me. I could stare at it forever, especially a big, full moon. I was sooo excited to try this, but it just smelled like some soap in my Grandma's bathroom. WHY!!!! I wasn't expecting soapy at all. My chemistry is so weird.

This is a surprise love of mine this month. I wasn't sure what to expect and you generally lose me with "bergamot" and "tea leaves"....Earl Grey be damned.

But this is gorgeous! At first a blast of sweetened tea, yes, but then the berries and the musk become evident. "Glowing" is a good description. On drydown it has a soft, glowing feel to it, feminine and silvered.

I love it!

Edited by Pony

This is a surprise love of mine this month. I wasn't sure what to expect and you generally lose me with "bergamot" and "tea leaves"....Earl Grey be damned.

Dito! I wasn't anticipating to like this one because of the Bergamot, tea leaves & sage... I was expecting some herbal concoction but this one is really lovely! Fresh & fruity but not fruity in a sweet way. I may have to get a bottle :love:

So in trying this one again( by itself). I'm getting Jasmine incense. Which I love,love,love! I don't think Jasmine is in this one. I don't care, thats what I'm getting & it's going to be a full bottle for me I think.

Edited by Beccah1

Well crap! Why am I the only one that can't wear this! Where is the soap smell coming from?

• 4 weeks later...

As much as I was looking forward to this one, there is something in it that tweaks on my skin. I love the full moon and the ingredients looked fantastic. I am not sure which one (or combo) it is, but I get a really sharp bite that tickles my nose. I waited for 20 minutes for it to fully mature, and that bite stays there the whole time. Sooo sad.

• 2 months later...
Well crap! Why am I the only one that can't wear this! Where is the soap smell coming from?

I see what you mean about the soapy scent-- I get a touch of it as well. I'm not sure if it's the flowers, the herbs, the tea, or the combination, but there is something about this scent that distinctly puts me in the mind of soap.

Not that it's unpleasant! I have no objections to smelling clean. :)

My skin also seems to eat this scent up-- I put it on, reapplied after a minute or two since I couldn't really smell it, and still have to stick my nose practically onto my arm to get a whiff.

I'm glad I got a chance to try it out, but I don't think it's for me. Maybe it'll morph as it dries down a bit more, but I'm not counting on it.

Well, the sweet berry scent has come out of hiding (I couldn't smell it at all at first), but there is still a kind of soapy smell in the background, and it's still very faint on me.

I'm kind of on the fence with this one now-- I might have to wear it to work tomorrow to see how it is all day.

Well, the sweet berry scent has come out of hiding (I couldn't smell it at all at first), but there is still a kind of soapy smell in the background, and it's still very faint on me.

I'm kind of on the fence with this one now-- I might have to wear it to work tomorrow to see how it is all day.

Okay at least I don't feel like I am losing my mind!

• 1 year later...

I am a big fan of sage in perfume. There is something so refreshing and unexpected about it, and I find that it works particularly well with fruit (it works very well with pork roast too, but that's another debate - maybe in Get Stuffed v2? :goldfish5: )

Loco en la Luna reminds me of another gorgeous tea, blackberry and sage scent I love, but I quite possibly like this one even better: less sweet, crisper and a little less fruity, it is wearable at all times, including in hot weather, and it never threatens to turn into a fruit bomb kind of scent.

The musky drydown is wonderful, and it's got excellent staying power on me. If this is not a bottle-worthy scent, I don't know what is!

Edited by Ishtar

• 7 months later...

I took this out and gave it a spin the other night when I was playing with my LPs. I wanted this one for sleepytime , but this will work for me during the day. It has such a beautiful sweet floral smell. Not herbal at all. It was so powdery and pretty. This is going to be perfect for Spring. It's not overwhelming either. I was really surprised that this one was so soft and smelled like sweet flowers on me.

I thought for sure I would smell like The Devil's Rain... but no I smelled sweet and pretty.

• 11 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Much to my surprise, I received a bottle of this as a free gift with my last order! Or maybe the order before that one. I've made so many in the past few months I'm not sure. LOL ;) Thank you so much, Mara. :hearts18::thank-you::you-rock:

The opening line from the description captures its essence perfectly:

There's something about a full moon that makes the senses just a little sharper, the hairs stand up on our necks, and our inner beast yearns to come out and play...

The blackberry anchors the scent. It reminds me of being in the woods at dusk in late September, after a light but steady rain, leaves weighed down with heavy drops of water. In the spaces between the silhouetted trees a purple and pink sunset fills the sky, quickly fading into twilight.

The wild blackberry is true to the fruit, deep, black and ripe, far more substantial than its rather diminutive size would suggest. They actually smell just like those native to western Washington. It lends sweetness to the body of the scent, unobtrusive but always present. Both sheer and substantial.

When I give my forearm a good huff, a cool ribbon of citrus sage fills my sinuses, like when you feel that first nip in the air as all too quickly the day slips into darkness, and the hair on your neck stands a bit on end because there's still a mile to go before you reach the trailhead. You thought you heard something behind you, the sound of leaves crunching underfoot. But it could've been the wind. Or a raccoon. Or some other nocturnal animal...

Maybe you just imagined it. There's still just enough light to see, and, grabbing the flashlight from your pack, you do one last thorough sweep of the immediate area. Even though part of you still wishes you were at the car right now, you've satisfied yourself enough--just--that there's nothing lurking in the shadows, so you turn around and continue making your way down the hill.

In time the path through the trees opens up into a clearing. The air is crisp and a little sharp, and even though you have to keep moving, you can't help but linger a moment, watching as a gentle breeze ripples the grass, glistening with the silver light of the full moon. You take a deep breath, lungs filled with the gentle powder of small blue flowers, growing in clusters on either side of your path, mingled with something familiar and delicious. Another flower? Yes, but something else too. What is it? Your smile widens into a grin. Wild blackberry! You can't see them, but know they're growing nearby.

A tendril of cool night air tickling your nose reminds you it's late, and time to go. Besides, you're getting hungry, and dinner awaits at the campsite. Not to mention those shrooms you've been saving since last winter for a night just like this one... Ahem.

When you wake the next morning, the night before seems like a dream. But when you close your eyes and inhale slowly, a faint hint of wild blackberry caresses your sweet warm skin, and you know without question it was all real. You grab your clothes, laying in a heap at the foot of your sleeping bag. Fresh berries in your morning oatmeal is sounding really good right about now.

~*~*~

Granted, a bit of herbal enhancement played a role in spurring the scent memory :sleazy: , but [rolls a bit more oil on forearm] even this morning I am transported back to that place. The last time I experienced such a powerful trigger was years ago when I used a honeysuckle conditioner for the first time and bam! I am a child again, standing along a dirt road with thick stands of honeysuckle bushes lining either side, pulling blossoms apart and sucking the tiny drops of nectar.

To be honest, the first few times I wore this I had to wash it off at various points. While the overall bouquet was lovely (the wild blackberry and tea provides a sturdy base for the scent, while the sage and citrus give it an almost minty lift), something powdery kept poking my sinuses and giving me a bit of a headache. After a little toke last night I decided to try it again, and god DAMN I get it now. I was feeling rather guilty at the prospect of trading such a gift, but also felt like it deserved to go to a home where it could be fully enjoyed and appreciated for its artistry, especially given its status as an endangered species. But after last night's experience, there's no way I'm letting go of this bottle. LOL!

I just put it on again a little bit ago, and while the powdery aspect is indeed still present, it's no longer pointy or causing me any kind of discomfort. It's just beautiful. Maybe it needed some time to settle. I am so glad I decided to give it another chance. Even though its poetic description is right up my alley, from its list of notes this is not a fragrance I would've chosen for myself. Unknown florals mixed with berries, citrus, tea, herbs and musk? There's a lot going on there, a lot that can go wrong. Way too risky. I'm so happy to have been proven wrong.

It's not in my usual wheelhouse, but I absolutely love this fragrance. :hearts0425: It's a privilege to experience it, and I will savor it to the last drop. Thank you again, Mara. :hearts09780:

Edited by Patchjulie

Great review!!

Thanks Halo. I really wanted to give this one a fair shake before I wrote a review, but was kind of dragging my feet because it wasn't totally working for me. I felt badly about that, especially since it was a gift. It's strange how it's almost a completely different fragrance from what I experienced before. I mean, all the same notes are there, but now they've melded together rather harmoniously and the end result is surprisingly subtle. I am just tickled that I can wear it and fully enjoy it.

• 3 weeks later...

There is no way I can review this lovely LP to the amazing extent patchjulie did, so I won't even try. Instead, I will focus on the osmanthus that is in here.

It's also in Belladonna Brew, The Emperor, Immortal Beauty, Lap of Luxury, Mercuralia.

I found myself sniffing my wrist a LOT since getting this as a Free Gift from LPMP. My nose seems to be fascinated with it. I was guessing vanilla at first, but then the slight floral top notes started. So spent a bit of time researching this ingredient.

It's a member of the olive tree family. The fragrance oil is very expensive to buy. Peach, apricot, violet, and leather are notes commonly associated with it. It's one of the top 10 famous flowers in China and Taiwan. It's part of old wedding customs,

More to the point of this LP, there is a Chinese myth involving the osmanthus growing on the moon. It's also brewed alongside green or black tea leaves (and therefore possibily explains why it does so well with the "tea leaves" as another of the ingredients.)

I'm yet another Forum Member who emphatically states she is not a 'floral' type of person, but this I loooooove. It's delicate, soft, and has a magical quality to it. No soap at all for me.

• 3 months later...

From the notes alone, this one sounds like it would be right up my alley--I mean, berries? Tea? Bluebonnets? Hell yeah--sign me up for some of that! This does not disappoint. It's gorgeous and I love it! I am pleased that I bought a full bottle before I had actually tested it, because it's definitely one I would want to have a full bottle of.

It's sweet but not too sweet, and it's got that wonderful complexity that I tend to love. I also really love the pagan-esque description--"the wildness of the old ways," YES PLEASE! :D

I wish I was feeling more articulate and descriptive today, because this scent deserves it, but sadly I'm not--all I can do is rave about the beauty of this scent. Definitely one of my favourites.

Much to my surprise, I received a bottle of this as a free gift with my last order! Or maybe the order before that one. I've made so many in the past few months I'm not sure. LOL ;) Thank you so much, Mara. :hearts18::thank-you::you-rock:

The opening line from the description captures its essence perfectly:

The blackberry anchors the scent. It reminds me of being in the woods at dusk in late September, after a light but steady rain, leaves weighed down with heavy drops of water. In the spaces between the silhouetted trees a purple and pink sunset fills the sky, quickly fading into twilight.

The wild blackberry is true to the fruit, deep, black and ripe, far more substantial than its rather diminutive size would suggest. They actually smell just like those native to western Washington. It lends sweetness to the body of the scent, unobtrusive but always present. Both sheer and substantial.

When I give my forearm a good huff, a cool ribbon of citrus sage fills my sinuses, like when you feel that first nip in the air as all too quickly the day slips into darkness, and the hair on your neck stands a bit on end because there's still a mile to go before you reach the trailhead. You thought you heard something behind you, the sound of leaves crunching underfoot. But it could've been the wind. Or a raccoon. Or some other nocturnal animal...

Maybe you just imagined it. There's still just enough light to see, and, grabbing the flashlight from your pack, you do one last thorough sweep of the immediate area. Even though part of you still wishes you were at the car right now, you've satisfied yourself enough--just--that there's nothing lurking in the shadows, so you turn around and continue making your way down the hill.

In time the path through the trees opens up into a clearing. The air is crisp and a little sharp, and even though you have to keep moving, you can't help but linger a moment, watching as a gentle breeze ripples the grass, glistening with the silver light of the full moon. You take a deep breath, lungs filled with the gentle powder of small blue flowers, growing in clusters on either side of your path, mingled with something familiar and delicious. Another flower? Yes, but something else too. What is it? Your smile widens into a grin. Wild blackberry! You can't see them, but know they're growing nearby.

A tendril of cool night air tickling your nose reminds you it's late, and time to go. Besides, you're getting hungry, and dinner awaits at the campsite. Not to mention those shrooms you've been saving since last winter for a night just like this one... Ahem.

When you wake the next morning, the night before seems like a dream. But when you close your eyes and inhale slowly, a faint hint of wild blackberry caresses your sweet warm skin, and you know without question it was all real. You grab your clothes, laying in a heap at the foot of your sleeping bag. Fresh berries in your morning oatmeal is sounding really good right about now.

~*~*~

Granted, a bit of herbal enhancement played a role in spurring the scent memory :sleazy: , but [rolls a bit more oil on forearm] even this morning I am transported back to that place. The last time I experienced such a powerful trigger was years ago when I used a honeysuckle conditioner for the first time and bam! I am a child again, standing along a dirt road with thick stands of honeysuckle bushes lining either side, pulling blossoms apart and sucking the tiny drops of nectar.

To be honest, the first few times I wore this I had to wash it off at various points. While the overall bouquet was lovely (the wild blackberry and tea provides a sturdy base for the scent, while the sage and citrus give it an almost minty lift), something powdery kept poking my sinuses and giving me a bit of a headache. After a little toke last night I decided to try it again, and god DAMN I get it now. I was feeling rather guilty at the prospect of trading such a gift, but also felt like it deserved to go to a home where it could be fully enjoyed and appreciated for its artistry, especially given its status as an endangered species. But after last night's experience, there's no way I'm letting go of this bottle. LOL!

I just put it on again a little bit ago, and while the powdery aspect is indeed still present, it's no longer pointy or causing me any kind of discomfort. It's just beautiful. Maybe it needed some time to settle. I am so glad I decided to give it another chance. Even though its poetic description is right up my alley, from its list of notes this is not a fragrance I would've chosen for myself. Unknown florals mixed with berries, citrus, tea, herbs and musk? There's a lot going on there, a lot that can go wrong. Way too risky. I'm so happy to have been proven wrong.

It's not in my usual wheelhouse, but I absolutely love this fragrance. :hearts0425: It's a privilege to experience it, and I will savor it to the last drop. Thank you again, Mara. :hearts09780:

Ok, I completely forgot that I had this brew and I just pulled it from the back of the perfume closet and this baby is my night night scent… Dang, I'm so glad I read this post of yours as it really made me want to find my bottle and wear it...

• 5 months later...

I got a FB as a freebie on my first order (a year ago). What a bonus! Sage and blackberry? Two of my faves. There’s musk and tea in there. It is such a nice calm gentle fragrance with blackberry! This is not something I would have picked for myself, but I love it. I treasure my discontinued full bottle. Thanks guys! It will always remind me of my first introduction to LPMP scents when I pull it out in fall.