Wax Poetic

luna65

I will say this is a heavy and ornate scent, definitely not for the faint of nose, as it were.

The honey aspect is gorgeous, but it is very thick. I really get a sense of the comb and the more "raw" aura of it. When the chrysanthemum and dragon's blood emerge it's a more incense-like scent, the two merge nicely, spicy and deep with a resinous quality. The notes tone down eventually without losing the characteristic of their complexity. Very much a more cold-weather kind of scent, or one for evening, or if your personal style tends toward this kind of grand - dare I say poetic - statement.

Wax Poetic went so wrong on me. Either the dragon's blood or the mums or the combination perhaps went straight to soapy. Hours and hours later I could smell the yummy honey, but it was so faint and dominated completely until then by the soap. I usually like dragon's blood. I don't know the scent of the mums too well, so it could be that. Usually it 's a certain sandlewood that goes to soapniness on me. Oh well, I have plenty of other honey loves to keep me busy.

I don't normally like honey. Honey Ho, & Wax Poetic are my 2 honeys that I do love! This one is like incense if it was available as a plug in scent. I do love dragon's blood in anything, but the honey base is a good base for it.

I like honeys as a rule, and this is a very nice one. The florals add a spicy warmness to the richness of the honey. Takes it about 1/2 hour to quiet down on my skin before I get the true effect. Smooth and warm and cozy.

This one goes horribly wrong on me... I figured with the honey it wouldn't be a hit but I didn't expect it to go THIS wrong :love: This one is right up there with Jouir De & Shelly's Lascivious Peach with the "Plastic Play Doh funk" my skin creates with honey...

I really wish this was lovely & poetic on me :)

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

I got this as a sniffy and tried it out without looking it up because the combination of scents in the vial intrigued me (honey? flowers? hm.) but on, something just turned me off and coming here I see it was the dragon's blood. Not for me, but it really is a unique combination of elements.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I believe I received a couple of Wax Poetic sniffees from LP. I didn't like this at all. I had to write to PM to ask her to stop sending me the sniffee as my nose doesn't like it and I will not use it .... but no, I got another sniffee tucked into my package .....

Anyway, I was going thr' my sniffee box a few nights ago. I think I change my mind about this one. Don't get me wrong, I think it'll take some more time to love it as other LPs but I really don't mind using this anymore. Honeyed flora is what I get and it didn't turn waxy on me at all. I'm glad that I have 2 sniffees left to play around with! Thanks PM!

• 4 months later...

I love the combination of chrysanthemum and honey here - so unusual and pretty!

There is indeed a waxy undertone to this, but I find it much better balanced than in similar scents I have tried from other perfumers (maybe I just amp the beeswax accord itself). After drydown, Wax Poetic settles into a very mellow, soft chrysanthemum scent. For those of you who are leery of dragon's blood, I find it very understated in this blend, so fear not!

• 6 months later...

This blend was not a winner on my skin. A little too much floral/chrysanthemum for my taste. It had a little too much going on with the dragon's blood and floral notes. I will pass this sample along though beacuse it will probably be more appreciated by someone that likes these notes.

• 1 year later...

BUMP!

Nabbed this in the $10 bin sale. Was on the fence about this and decided to go for it and SO lad I did!

Not sure what dragon's blood smells like but the honey is powdery sweet and I like the chrysanthemum. I love honey and this is SO honey, like comb honey, to my nose. This is floral and powdery and feminine and clean. This will be a nice scent for work and family. Maybe not completely sexy but potentially...the longer I have it on, the more I'm loving it!

Good report. I thought about this a long time. For some reason I thought it would be heavy and I was unsure about the dragon's blood. I like that you describe this one as feminine and clean.

BUMP!

Nabbed this in the $10 bin sale. Was on the fence about this and decided to go for it and SO lad I did!

Not sure what dragon's blood smells like but the honey is powdery sweet and I like the chrysanthemum. I love honey and this is SO honey, like comb honey, to my nose. This is floral and powdery and feminine and clean. This will be a nice scent for work and family. Maybe not completely sexy but potentially...the longer I have it on, the more I'm loving it!

Yes, the chrysanthemum is such a pretty floral, to me, and the honey is powdery with a touch of sweetness with my chemistry. Very clean, not the "stepped out of the shower" soapy clean, just fresh, and the chrysanthemum didn't beat me over the head. It's really nice! :Emoticons04231:

This is one I ordered as a sample and decided not to get a full bottle of--but it is a beautiful scent. I think I was expecting something spicier and more exotic, and it smelled very elegant instead. The floral note was more prominent than the dragon's blood, and the honey was very toned down for me. If you are looking for an elegant, kind of classic "perfume" scent, this is definitely a winner.