Replenishing Neurotransmitters?

I was mixing the Beta DIY sprays (yay!) and spilled some SS4W all over my hands (I know, well done, it's not like it's sold out or anything...). I went to wash it off, but still felt really light headed. I think I might have accidentally OD'd. Normally, it wouldn't be a big deal, but I'm prone to migraines, and I think something in SS4W doesn't always sit well with me, especially in large quantities like this.

So, this all got me thinking about neurotransmitters and the amount of them I just fried by taking a phero-bath.

Is there something one can do to help the neurotransmitters replenish faster? Other than rest and stay well away from pheros?

I was mixing the Beta DIY sprays (yay!) and spilled some SS4W all over my hands (I know, well done, it's not like it's sold out or anything...). I went to wash it off, but still felt really light headed. I think I might have accidentally OD'd. Normally, it wouldn't be a big deal, but I'm prone to migraines, and I think something in SS4W doesn't always sit well with me, especially in large quantities like this.

So, this all got me thinking about neurotransmitters and the amount of them I just fried by taking a phero-bath.

Is there something one can do to help the neurotransmitters replenish faster? Other than rest and stay well away from pheros?

I will be watching this thread to see what kind of answers you get. I have migraines and ADD and am a little weary of the neurotransmitter ramifications myself. Good luck!

The main things for optimal brain function is to ensure you have a healthy & varied diet that include "the good fats" like Omega-3 & Omega-6. You also need to make sure you are properly hydrated with water...Tea & coffee do NOT count as they are diuretic and cause you to loose fluids.

To replenish neurotransmitters you have to make sure you have the necessary building blocks for producing new transmitters. The most important ones are B vitamins, (I take 1 high dose B vit complex each day) and of the various B vitamins B5, B6 & B12 are the most important ones for neurotransmitter production. Vit C is an important co-factor that he lps the process of creating neurotransmitters from the B vit's & other components. It's very safe to take high doses of B vit's as they are water soluble so any excess not used you just wee out

;)

I think the spillage of SS4W could definitely cause a short term headache. But I think if you wash it off good, that would help to minimize the effects.

I just got back into taking my vitamins daily because I was feeling fatigue and getting lots of headaches. I thought it was the H1N1, but it never got nearly that bad. However, once I started with Vitamin D (good for stress, stress headaches among many other things!), magnesium, IRON, calcium (cuz I'm 41 and want my bones good and strong) along with increasing my protein intake with eggs (good for B vitamins also) & protein drinks I started feeling about a million times better. All of those things are what we tend to get too little of and yet they are extremely important for women, especially once you hit your mid thirties. I felt really tired, more stressed and got frequent headaches for a while. Within about a week of going back on my supplements I starting feeling more normal. I've been able to lift heavy weights again and have a quicker recovery too.

My friend was told by her doc to take Vitamin D and Iron due to very low blood levels. She took it for a bit and headaches, fatigue and stress decreased. Then she started forgetting to take them and now she's back where she started. Vitamins aren't a cure all, but they sure as heck help. At least in my experience (and my friend's).

• 10 months later...