Mummy Stuffing

May

In the bottle and when first applied this really reminded me of Sabra's Secret which is one of my favorites. The initial top note is the same. Does this have Dragon's Blood in it? Or am I picking up some resins the two have in common.

However, unlike Sabra that note steps back on dry-down, it is still there but forms an evocative backdrop rather than up-front on the stage.

But, like Sabra this is a complex blend the individual notes are hard to pick out and blend almost seamlessly into one another. The result is a resinous, smooth and full fragrance with a noticeable Egyptian edge.

May

Prominent Notes: Cardamom, Cassia, Linen, Wine, Cinnamon, Myrrh and more.

This is one of my favorites. Nope, no Dragon's Blood in this one. I never thought those two smelled similar - I am going to go sniff for myself...Oh, I see what you mean. The combination of spices in Mummy Stuffing seems to mimic Dragon's Blood a little bit. I find Sabra a bit sweeter tho.

• 5 weeks later...
Prominent Notes: Cardamom, Cassia, Linen, Wine, Cinnamon, Myrrh and more.

This is one of my favorites. Nope, no Dragon's Blood in this one. I never thought those two smelled similar - I am going to go sniff for myself...Oh, I see what you mean. The combination of spices in Mummy Stuffing seems to mimic Dragon's Blood a little bit. I find Sabra a bit sweeter tho.

I agree with both of you......I'm sitting here with Sabra on one arm, and Mummy Stuffing on the other. At first application, they smelled very similar. But on dry down, they each have their own "personalties" that emerge. Sabra is a bit sweeter. I like both very much though.....very nicely done ladies!!

I agree with both of you......I'm sitting here with Sabra on one arm, and Mummy Stuffing on the other. At first application, they smelled very similar. But on dry down, they each have their own "personalties" that emerge. Sabra is a bit sweeter. I like both very much though.....very nicely done ladies!!

Extra note on Mummy Stuffing.....I applied it to both wrists last night after my shower, and this morning, I could still smell it.....this has some serious staying power!

This is very interesting to me. I had sampled Mummy's Stuffing and was extremely intriqued by it's description; I was absolutely prepared to love it... and, I did... in the vial. But, on my skin... nothing but powder. Sabra, however, is lovely both in the bottle and on my skin.

I'm wondering what it is in certain perfumes that makes them turn to powder on me. Dolly and I spent a few messages hypothesizing about the effects of diabetic skin chemistry... any thoughts, anyone?

I actually have a question about what everyone means when they say things 'turn to powder', and why that is so undesirable.

I happen to love a powdery note here or there, and sometimes do my best to create one on purpose. For example, Oak Moss, certain types of Jasmine, and certain types of Sugar are guaranteed to produce a powder note, and I enjoy using them in my blends. What is so bad about it?

I actually have a question about what everyone means when they say things 'turn to powder', and why that is so undesirable.

I happen to love a powdery note here or there, and sometimes do my best to create one on purpose. For example, Oak Moss, certain types of Jasmine, and certain types of Sugar are guaranteed to produce a powder note, and I enjoy using them in my blends. What is so bad about it?

I quite enjoy a powdery note......not to put words into her mouth, but what Chai may be referring to is how a certain scent gets so light and powdery that it nearly disappears.....in other words the notes are indiscernable....is that what you meant Chai?

I quite enjoy a powdery note......not to put words into her mouth, but what Chai may be referring to is how a certain scent gets so light and powdery that it nearly disappears.....in other words the notes are indiscernable....is that what you meant Chai?

Yes. It was the same with the Athena we swapped, Dolly, but more so with actually. I will either get nothing but an unscented baby powder scent, as happend with Mummy Stuffing... or, as with Athena, nothing but the briefest, breathiest, wispy poof of powder... before the scent is gone. Like nothing there. And, it isn't just my nose. When Chloe and I sat down to play this past week, she would apply Athena to herself (she loved it!) then to me and hold our wrists side by side, saying "Wow, where'd it go?" when she sniffed me.

I know my skin "eats" scent... my husband comments on that... in fact, he remarked upon it after we "gasp" got matching tattoos this past week (english and hebrew: I am my beloved and my beloved is mine, written in an interlocking ring like an infinity symbol... mine is on my left hip.... he made the design and we were actually thinking of sending the image in for the Valentine's image contest...but, as I often do, I digress). As he was applying the after-care ointment, he commented on how my skin was soaking in the ointment so quickly, just like it does the perfumes. And, I don't have dry skin (not oily, either... just right, I always thought). I also don't scar much at all, if those two things are related...

So, yes, a powdery scent can be desirable. But, scents are sometimes just gone "Poof"... and this is in no way a condemnation or critique specific to your scents. They are lovely! With a few, however, they, as also happens with other perfumer's scents, just wisp away.

Oh! Fascinating. Thanks for explaining that to me.

Maybe, if you put on unscented moisturizer, and then your perfume, it might give you a base so your skin doesn't suck it all up right away?

By the way, we also make scented lotions and creams, by special order.

I wore Spider Silk this week a couple of times, it's a truly powdery blend - gorgeously silky. I had forgotten how long it lasts. I could still smell it quite strongly after nearly 24 hours on my skin.

Did anyone else's heart just skip a beat there? :);)

...and edited to add, yes I too have heard that if you start with a base of lotion (either complimentary scented or unscented) it can help a fragrance last longer.

Edited by katz

Yes. It was the same with the Athena we swapped, Dolly, but more so with actually. I will either get nothing but an unscented baby powder scent, as happend with Mummy Stuffing... or, as with Athena, nothing but the briefest, breathiest, wispy poof of powder... before the scent is gone. Like nothing there. And, it isn't just my nose. When Chloe and I sat down to play this past week, she would apply Athena to herself (she loved it!) then to me and hold our wrists side by side, saying "Wow, where'd it go?" when she sniffed me.

I know my skin "eats" scent... my husband comments on that... in fact, he remarked upon it after we "gasp" got matching tattoos this past week (english and hebrew: I am my beloved and my beloved is mine, written in an interlocking ring like an infinity symbol... mine is on my left hip.... he made the design and we were actually thinking of sending the image in for the Valentine's image contest...but, as I often do, I digress). As he was applying the after-care ointment, he commented on how my skin was soaking in the ointment so quickly, just like it does the perfumes. And, I don't have dry skin (not oily, either... just right, I always thought). I also don't scar much at all, if those two things are related...

So, yes, a powdery scent can be desirable. But, scents are sometimes just gone "Poof"... and this is in no way a condemnation or critique specific to your scents. They are lovely! With a few, however, they, as also happens with other perfumer's scents, just wisp away.

It really amazes me the way scents react on different people....you have a "powdering" problem, and I have a problem with florals on my skin, which sometimes go rancid.....and then of course, the sandalwood/headache issue....it is so very interesting to me.

Oh! Fascinating. Thanks for explaining that to me.

Maybe, if you put on unscented moisturizer, and then your perfume, it might give you a base so your skin doesn't suck it all up right away?

I do put on moisturizer, usually every morning, as part of my "getting dressed" routine and, doing so does indeed help some scents to last better.

And, yes, Katz... my heart, too, did skip a beat at the thought of Dark Seductions or LP:Black lotion. Yumm! (BTW, Dark Seductions was featured in my "date" with My Beloved tonight. He loves the scent!)

Now, this might be TMI, but, my skin also seems to "absorb" wild yeast (you know, the yeast that is always present in the air). Periodically, in fact, I have to take a prescribed antifungal to rid my skin of the yeast. I absolutely hate taking it because it tears up my stomach but, every so often, it is necessary. My oldest daughter and her baby seem to have inherited that particular problem. Interesting thought... I haven't "tested", but I'm wondering how the concentration of yeast in my skin might affect the use of scents.

Now, this might be TMI, but, my skin also seems to "absorb" wild yeast (you know, the yeast that is always present in the air). Periodically, in fact, I have to take a prescribed antifungal to rid my skin of the yeast. I absolutely hate taking it because it tears up my stomach but, every so often, it is necessary. My oldest daughter and her baby seem to have inherited that particular problem. Interesting thought... I haven't "tested", but I'm wondering how the concentration of yeast in my skin might affect the use of scents.

You might actually have a point there......I think I would further explore this idea.....for instance, trying a scent before you have to use the antifungal, and then after, when you have rid yourself of the yeast.....

• 9 months later...

When I first put this on, I got a heavy linen smell that I did not like. After about 5 minutes, that dies down to a warm spice. I love it. The linen is still there at the back, but not as sharp as it was initially. Cinnamon always does well on me, and this one is no exception.