Dark Seduction 3: Lavender Variant

Beccah

Forgive me if theres already a thread for this one. I couldn't find it. I love this variant, I could best describe this as elegant. The lavender blends beautifully w/ the violet. Those are the 2 strongest notes on me. It just smells so clean & floral, the TT loves it.

This is another beautiful variant on Dark Seductions. The lavender adds a distinctly clean edge to it, without crossing over into aromatic/medicinal. I wore this Saturday and the scent just wafted around me all day. The original Dark Seductions base is still paramount, but the lavender brightens compared to the deep darkness of the violet original.

DH will have to try this one, as Dark Seductions was one he wore alot.

Yeah Pony I could see this one as unisex. I would love to smell the first, the Rose variant went to 'old lady' on me. Lavender is one for the evergrowing full bottle list. Its a stand alone, as in I would feel sexy no pheros added,lol.

I am really enjoying the lastest version of the Dark Seducitons....I liked the rose, but LOVE the Lavender..

This is so sexy soft...had it amped w/ BI..I am in love with myself.... ^_^

Thanks Danna...

I felt that way about this too! I liked the Black Rose(rose is one of my top 5 florals, lavender is definetly not), so you'd THINK, I'd dig the Rose variant more.

Nope. Like Pony said, this is clean and 'bright'(which perhaps misconstrues "Dark" Seductions?)-who cares. It's a great lavender and goes wonderful with the base blend..even better than rose-and I can't belive I'm saying that! It's Gorgeous!

Hats off gals!

The violet in this one reminds me of the violet in Honeyed Seductions, which I really enjoyed but it ended up turning powdery on me. The lavender, on the other hand, does not like me it seems...it's a little too brisk for my nose.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I used to wear a perfume named Quelques Fleurs, which is a trademark scent of the oldest commercial perfumer, Houbigant, who was Marie Antoinette's personal perfumer. It's still on the market today in high-end stores. I always got so many compliments on it and men randomly thanked me for smelling so good. Dark Seductions smells a lot like it and less chemical-like. Beautiful. Very sophisticated.

Edited by pinup

• 2 weeks later...

I got a sniffee of this one in the last order....

This one starts out nice, but morphs into something that smells like a French Whore on me. It's like the little old lady in the church pew in front of you that has WAY too much stinky French perfume on.

This is definitely a no-go.

sock%20puppet%20shaking%20no%20ha.gif

• 1 month later...
I'm really looking forward to trying this. I liked Dark Seductions a lot but sometimes it could be a little, well-dark. Can't wait to see how lavender blends into it.

It's heavenly :(

• 6 months later...

normally, lavender-scented products smell too medicinal to me, but this is so smooth..maybe that's the amber? anyway, it helps me sleep like a baby if i wear it to bed and when i wear this to work, especially with some b2, one of my supervisors is very friendly to me. he has given puppy dog eyes when complimenting me on things i do all the time. :001_302:

• 1 month later...
The youngest "sister" of the DS family turned out to be a soft lavender and violet scent on me. So soft that I will wear it to work.

I absolutely love this one...I'm thinking of getting an un-B2 to wear with this & a couple others.

I absolutely love this one...I'm thinking of getting an un-B2 to wear with this & a couple others.

Hmmm ... never thought of getting un-B2. I might wear this with un-Lace, un-TH or un-HS.

Hmmm ... never thought of getting un-B2. I might wear this with un-Lace, un-TH or un-HS.

I ended up going with un-Sexpionage, because my husband responds so well to it...I was thinking this is the perfect scent to go with the intention, I just hope it's heavy enough to take the cops. If not I bet my Purple Pitch sample will be.....

• 3 weeks later...

MMM... Im liking this -_- It smells the same from the vial and on my skin :love: A bit sharp at first, but slowly dried down with a softer appearance :Hug_emoticon: It's quiet and stays close to my skin.

Soft clean delicate flower, a touch of lavender/ violet... This floral is not loud on me at all! :OU1994~19: There's a hint of sweetness every now and then :J005: MMM... brings a smile :):):)

It gives me a 'soft' feeling of what it's like falling asleep on a cosy bed :) It's a very comforting scent :) A daily scent for me :)

UPDATE: My sister said " This is purple to me :) " She doesn't find this offensive :)

Edited by bumbob

• 4 weeks later...

There's a rather sharp note in this potion... My nose is not liking it too much... Tried it as a room scent with an oil warmer and it spreads the scent out so wonderfully! :) I might have added too much... :P My helper said it smells so good... :) She can smell it from the kitchen!!! :D

After about 30 mins... im ready to go back to sleep!!! Sleepy.... :P

Edited by bumbob

• 2 weeks later...

Besides a quick test back in Nov, I haven't used DS III as a scent. I evaluated my 3 violet-based scents last night. DSIII, Piia's Candied Violet and Musk & Dolly's Dark Side.

DSIII is the lightest among the 3. In fact, it was hardly there. The lavender balances the violet in this scent beautifully. I'd love to smell this on my partner.

• 2 weeks later...

Wow... My body chemistry is def. changing!! All the scents i thought can't do is turning really lovely today!!! :o WHAT HAPPENED?? Anywayz there's no longer SHARPNESS on my skin :) YAYYYYYYYYYYYY!!! Just mild lavender :) Lovely :)

All the scents i thought can't do is turning really lovely today!!! :) WHAT HAPPENED??

This is why I always say,try again,and even again,and then once more for the heck of it :)

I shudder to think I almost gave away my beautiful Love Potion Red :o

Edited by Calii

• 1 month later...

WOW! This is the first lavendar that plays nice with me! And it even has violet, which has historically been another one of my frenemies. So glad I got this sniffie in a recent trade and didn't rule it out by notes alone.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

This went on wet as a deliciously lavender fragrance, VERY strongly lavender. As it dried, it became something close to daffodil (I presume violet; I've never really sniffed a violet and detected a scent). Now it's softened and still smells very floral but does not seem to be evoking an allergic reaction. Spring. This is what Spring smells like. That's the best I know to describe it.