Kimberly's Ginger Green Tea

lesreveurs

I got a sample of this with my last order and while it's not normally my thing (bad scent memory with green tea something or other, way back when) I thought I would give it a whorl today for work. I put it on and I just want to say that this is beautiful! The ginger is starting to really come out but something tempers it - the sugar perhaps? It's definitely a green scent with a flash of ginger to make it zing.

I think I need a bottle of this! Part of me really wants to boost it, too, but I can't decide what I want to boost it with yet!

I was afraid this would be overly herbal, but not at all. It's actually refreshing and I get the sense that there's a hint of lime in the beginning until it dries down to a more gingery scent. Though green tea really isn't a "me" scent, I'm still glad I have a sample becuase it's something I could definitely use when I'm stressed.

I think this would make a good work/social blend (like with Swimming With Sharks or Open Windows) because the fragrance itself is so light and upbeat. The ginger gives it an interesting quality...almost like ginger ale but without the bubbles.

I was really curious about this one, but afraid to get it because 'green' scents, for the most part, tend to end up smelling...sour (I guess is the word I'm looking for) on me, as if something has started to go bad LOL. BUT I like ginger, so when I got a sniffie of this, I decided to try it out today. I really like it! Its a little sweet, kind of citrus-y and the ginger isn't overwhelming. And no one mentioned that I smelled 'off', so the green in it must agree with me, too! I may end up with at least a couple samples of it later on.

• 9 months later...

Invi was kind enough to send me a sniffie of this and I just LOVE it. Super cheerful, perfect for work. Initially I got *none* of the notes - no citrus, green tea, or ginger, or even sugar - just a sheer, very feminine *floral* impression. Now an hour or so in, it's a bit 'warmer' and foodier - I get more ginger ale than green tea. Really nice. Would be great for a picnic when it's very hot and sunny....