Vamp Cafe

SWBookworm

Trying this one first from my monthly sampler. It is a very complex scent. I can't really smell the coffee. The creme and the cardamom with the undertone of the berries and sandalwood. The amber adds a richness to it. It is the perfect blend of Southern Gothic 09 and Constant Craving, just as Danna wanted.

Trying this one first from my monthly sampler. It is a very complex scent. I can't really smell the coffee. The creme and the cardamom with the undertone of the berries and sandalwood. The amber adds a richness to it. It is the perfect blend of Southern Gothic 09 and Constant Craving, just as Danna wanted.

Oh, I wish I had ordered this one! Sounds right up my alley... I was a bit iffy about the coffee note so I never included it in my order ;)

May have to order myself a Christmas present though ;)

Oh, I wish I had ordered this one! Sounds right up my alley... I was a bit iffy about the coffee note so I never included it in my order ;)

May have to order myself a Christmas present though ;)

I have to admit the coffee is what kept me from ordering a full bottle too. BUT knowing your tastes, which are fairly close to mine, I think that you'll like it. I'm getting a smooth spicy ambery with a vanilla undernote. The meld between SG09 and Constant Craving made this blend just right for me.

The failure of my sampler to get into a shipment of mine didn't keep me from ordering 2 bottles of this...and I'm so glad!!

It's totally nommy! I definitely need a full bottle of this. I'm thinking I'll need to get it quickly though!

Yeah. I was scared of that coffee note. But I will order anything with the word Vamp-Vampire,ect. Plus, yeah, Constant Craving and the New Southern Gothic-helllllp me!! Love em both.

Very glad to hear that the coffee is subtle. I still wait-I missed my package while I was outta town and now I'm having trouble getting it redelivered. But it WILL be done!

Well it actually smelled like sweet coffee to me in the vial. So, I hadn't hit it yet. Ill have to report back when I field test :666:

I smelled the coffee in the vial too, but it disappeared on my skin or else the ambery berry sandlewood ate it. Or I guess drank it would be more appropriate.

I ordered a bottle of this one, unsniffed.....can't wait! I know it is going to be just WONDERFUL!

I will order anything with the word Vamp-Vampire,ect.

Same here!!! Anyone who names their parrot after a vampire...you get the point. Plus the fact that this one has so many delicious things jammed into one bottle, I love both Southern Gothic 09 and Gothic Latte (missed Constant Craving *sigh*)...can't wait for mine to arrive!

:shocked:

Edited by Invidiana

Ok so I think I was testing all my new goodies, when I tried this one out. I think I'm going to start testing one a day, from now on. Due to the fact that all my goodies seem to blend into one smell. Trying this one last night, by itself. It morphed into a beautiful incense on my skin. The like of which, I haven't smelled since I used to buy this granulated kind, directly imported from India. It was heaven, & I'm adding this to my evergrowing full bottle list. Let me say, the coffee completely disappeared on my skin.

I am VERY glad I got a full bottle of this one....it is absolutely lovely! BUT, it is also very hard to describe! The coffee note practically disappeared on me, too....I get little "hints" of coffe every now and then......

And, I must say, it has amazing throw! Yesterday, I dabbed a SMALL amount on (due to one of the unruly roller balls, it was a very small amount), and picked up my son at school....as soon as he opened the car door, he said, "Mom, are you wearing a new perfume? I could smell it outside the car, as soon as I opened the door!"

Even though it has excellent throw, it is not loud or overpowering.....love it!

This is surprisingly ballsy berry on me. I didn't get any coffee note at all **pouts** but just very strong berry, with a tinge of sweetness underneath once it had settled on my skin for a while.

DH really liked this, and I can see why as it has that very Danna-esque berry note that he grooves on.

There's maybe a hint of coffee that comes out on me, kind of like it wafting from a coffee shop in the distance, but it's mostly those gorgeous berries that I recognize from Southern Gothic 09, pastries and rich vanilla cream. The amber makes it even richer and warmer. Omnomnomnomnomnom. :P

For me this is Southern Gothic '09 with a touch more earthiness, but very potent like the other. There's a sort of LP vibe to it as well, like if Black had berry notes. Rich and darkly seductive...but what else would we expect from the Sinister Girl?

• 2 weeks later...
If you like this and coffee- wait till ya see the special soap! Bwahahahahahaha

Soap?? Soap?? Definitely can't wait since I'm lovin' on the Vamp Cafe!

Are there any other vamp scents?

Crimson Black, Wine and Dead Roses, Native Soil (though I think that's sold out), Santa Carla '09...that's most of them.

I wish I liked coffee. I can't stand the taste or the smell. Hmm. Are there any other vamp scents?

To add to what Luna suggested... Li'll Goth Girl Next Door, Ego Boostier, LP Black, Alzbeta, Southern Gothic, Down & Dirty, Soiled Dove, Shady Lady...

I didn't get a lot of coffee in this one either. I liked it okay, but I like regular Southern Gothic 2009 better. Actually I love Southern Gothic 2009.

I didn't get a lot of coffee in this one either. I liked it okay, but I like regular Southern Gothic 2009 better. Actually I love Southern Gothic 2009.

Okay I mixed it with original LP...Holy COW...Yummm

• 1 year later...

I'm impressed...Vamp Cafe is so damn sexy, the coffee note in it is precisely what makes it work...My boyfriend loved it, he said it was one of the best perfumes he has ever smelled...I got this as a free sample, but I'm definitely getting a bottle of this, if it's still available...

I wonder how would this one work out with Cops...It is creamy, it is rich, you can't stop smelling it on yourself...I don't know if it is the berries or the cardamom but it has a very intriguing note after an hour or two of application.

On me the coffee was like a dream...very creamy, vanillaish and subtle...I would wear this even on summer...

I am loving this. So grateful that I got a sniffie because I doubt I would have ordered it on my own. I had some coffee lotion before and ewwww! Hated it. Got to get out of the habit of comparing Maras mixes with other stuff. (Oh I see this is not a Mara mix but a Dana one.)

Anyway! I smell the sweet coffee but definitely not too much and it is such a feminine coffee smell made softer by the vanilla...creamy and yummy. And...the berries!!! Berries always make everything better! It is like you were on your way home late at night and you stopped at a cafe and had dark sweet coffee and some kind of creamy berry desert. There is so much else going on in this scent I just don't know what it all is but I absolutely love it.

Edited by missdarlyncherie

• 7 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Cannot wait to receive my sample! I am finding my body chemistry really likes the sweet stuff which is ironic because its the last scent I lean towards. I truly hope some of the darker earthy notes come out. Keep you posted!

Lynette

• 7 months later...