mademoiselle pancake

Invidiana

Oh goody, this is one I was wanting to try but not sure about the banana, so I'm so glad I got a sample! Mademoiselle pancake is a prime example of banana really working on me without getting too stereotypically "summery" (just my personal preference, I'm not into that stuff) or cloying. It's all sticky and indulgent caramelized banana--caramelized in brown sugar to boot, which makes it even more delicious--on a bed of fluffy buttermilk pancakes with just a pinch of cinnamon…wow, I can just taste it. :019-[Drooling]-[EmoticonKing.co

Edited by Invidiana

Yes I was so glad to get a bottle before it sold out!

I am a huge fan of the Sugar-Fried Bananas scent and this is a slightly different spin on that, with the same NOMworthy banana note deliciously sweetened by the other notes. I don't really get the maple so much, but the vanilla, brown sugar and cinnamon most definitely. Totally yummy and cozy!

Mademoiselle Pancake was a beautiful surprise for me. It is a little different from what I envisioned, but I love the results! It is a very sweet, yummy scent, and yes, the banana note is just gorgeous. :icecream:

It is a very foody scent that makes you feel warm, like a sweet blanket. I feel cozy and relaxed when I put in on! :J001:

It has a great throw on me but doesn't seem to last as long as Me, Jane! or Sugarfried Bananas... which makes me think that there'll be another "pancake" version in the near future... maybe with some coconut or some tahitian vanilla... :rolleyes:

I love how the strong banana note that you get at first evolves on my skin, it stays very sweet but more powdery spicy after a while.

A big THANK YOU to Mara + Dana for blending this for me!!! :10_small16:

Edited by Mademoiselle

I got bananas in the vial and when I first applied, then poof they were gone and brown sugary mapleness devoured my arm for the next 4 hours. Loved the bananas, wish they would have stuck around. Maybe that means I would love Sugar Fried Bananas?

I got bananas in the vial and when I first applied, then poof they were gone and brown sugary mapleness devoured my arm for the next 4 hours. Loved the bananas, wish they would have stuck around. Maybe that means I would love Sugar Fried Bananas?

I'm seriously going to look for a good recipe. This is one of several LPs that's inspired me to scout recipes that will actually let me eat what I'm smelling!

For pancakes or fried bananas?

For the fried bananas, because there's always Aunt Jemima :D but if I find a pancake recipe that inlcludes them I'll definitely let you know!

*edit* I think our dream came more than true...check this out...banana pancakes with fried spiced bananas, brown sugar and raw cacao nibs...I'm salivating already!

Edited by Invidiana

I thought of snagging this, but I run screaming from maple...I got something called Pumpkin Pancakes from elsewhere-all maple on me....

Now you all say the maple is quiet. Dang...maybe I'll get a sniffie at least my order is stuck with the post people again.

The scent, aside from maple, sounds so tasty!

I thought of snagging this, but I run screaming from maple...I got something called Pumpkin Pancakes from elsewhere-all maple on me....

Now miss Cheezy... Maybe you should just bite the bullet & set up your own trading post :rolleyes: I know you've been resisting this forever but come on, join the rest of us :( I promise you'll have fun :D

Haha.....ahhhhh Rosebud! Hi! Mannnnnnnnn..........that means getting RID of things....but I will think about it! I guess theres a FEW things I don't totally love-a big part of it is the mailing thing. You of anyone should know how wretchedly slacker-like I am about getting anything to the post office! I've had stuff for you for awhile(though I did get that one thing for ya last week before I went outta town)-

I'm afraid to take that on a little cause I don't wanna be slow with peoples stuff! But I'll think about it!!

Haha.....ahhhhh Rosebud! Hi! Mannnnnnnnn..........that means getting RID of things....but I will think about it!

Cheezy you crack me up! :o

How about your Maple/Pumpkin for the rest of my Gangster's Moll?

Sure! It's verrrrrry maple-y though. We'll take this chat over to your trade forum. I'll just throw it in with the rest of all your stuff! You have quite the little Christmas present comin from Detroit-when i get to the blessed post office(Rosebud-I hate the post office-I live in the inner city ghetto-every kind of commerce here is a pain. Maybe I'll go mail it from a suburb!)-srsly-you have alot of stuff! Ha! I'm so weird in my procrastination. Sorry.

edit-i think an anonymous member is follwing me around the boards...hi there you!

Edited by cheeseburger79

• 1 year later...

I know this is long gone but I must sing to it.

Beautiful Pancake, wafting from me,

Bananas and maple are rising from thee;

Vanilla and cinnamon mingling in...

Using this all up would be such a sin

Srsly now, 7 hours after application, it's burnt-mapley banana and I could just faint.