Garland & Lace

Oh you mean the BF, lol, I was talking about Jude. But at least you can tell him, "Look kiddo, I have a PhD in Drama Queen, so don't even try it!"

LOOL I think Jude knows... One time he upset me by purposely spilling milk, and I gave him the look and told him to go to his room and not come out until I came to talk to him.. He looked at me and said Momma.. I said WHAT

then he replied

" Sorry Momma "

In that cute adorable 2 year old voice.. I think he knew it was better to apologize and kiss my face then to let me go on and on about rules and how could he do this to me??

Poor kid.

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

just figured i would mention how well Garland and Lace v.4 has changed as it aged. I get so much more of the eggnog now, before it was just spice. It almost felt like eggnog riot.

I will have to re-try mine, I remember thinking 4 was too spicy when I first got it

• 2 weeks later...

... I have had this for a while and never reach for it. Well, wearing it today and its amazing. It's all creamy eggnog goodness. ( I have v. 4) it's not too spicy, which is good bc I usually amp spices. I will be using this a lot more often these upcoming months. And Lace is always a great phero blend. Love!

• 1 month later...

Mmmmm. I like this. I'm not usually one for foody scents, but this is a lighter foody scent on me. Just a touch of spicy gingerbread and pumpkin? Very smooth. Can't wait to try this out at the work Christmas party tomorrow! (and also eager to try out the lace phero blend at the same time!)

I have a bottle of V4 on the way (as I'm halfway through my bottle of V3) because it's definitely a Holiday Helper! :xmas30:

heh,yeah,me too...although I have back-ups of all versions,not gonna run out anytime soon if I can help it :001_302:

Update! I wore this today to work, mostly because our Xmas party was this evening.

In the morning: 2 sprays (from the trial vial which sprays less than the actual bottle right?) of LACE phero, and dabbing of a bit of Garland & Lace (I didn't want the scent to be TOO overwhelming). I didn't notice any phero effects while at work. (though this scent is REALLY growing on me)

Just before the Xmas party at 4pm: 3 more sprays (lightly) of the plain LACE phero and a bit more dabbing of G&L.

At the Xmas party: STILL not seeing any phero effects. I hung out with a bunch of boys from work all evening, and I did notice the people I was around were all in a very happy mood (probably the a-nol in LACE?). Actually our XMas party was at a bowling lane so I went till the bitter end and played nearly 4 hours of bowling... even though in the end it was just this one guy and me left playing! lol. I dunno, he seemed nice enough to me, but nothing in his behaviour screamed phero effect to me (or I'm oblivious).

Post Xmas party (about 8pm): this guy (different from the one I was bowling with) and other girl from work decided to hang out some more and go for beers, sprayed (very lightly) 2 more times on my hair the LACE phero. The evening went VERY well, enjoying conversation with each other. Now I'm sort of thinking.... phero effect? I don't know. It was fun and I really enjoyed it. But again nothing stood out to me as obviously phero-induced.

I don't know if this means LACE doesn't work for me or if the effects of this phero are subtle in the "just makes us all get along and have fun" vibe?

Edited by maiea

So, I'm wearing V3 today, and I love it. Of course it's only a sample, so I want to order V4. What's the big difference? I think I read 4 is more spicy. Are they really that different?

They are all different for sure. My true love is V1 which was creamy eggnoggy goodness. It was the only one made with a certain eggnog accord that Mara no longer has. That's why i hunted down Eggnog Riot, same accord. V2 and V3 were both radically different than V1 to my nose. I haven't smelled V4. I think that one was more noggy too. I can't remember. But yeah, there are always slight differences. Like Bosom Bows, Unisexy, MRF etc...all smell different to me in different versions.

And see to me, V1 is much more gingerbread than eggnog. V2 was spicy and V3 was very eggnog-y. So the difference is also dependent in how it wears on you.

4 is more spicy on me too... I love 3. I have 3 samples of it, hope it lasts forever!

See V. 3 smelled like cooked Indian food on me b/c of the cardamom. V. 4 is just niiiice and spicy. I am trying to decide between V. 4 and a bottle of Ho ho ho....And that's not even counting the nr's

Does this one smell really similar to CP, because I love the egg nog in that one

I don't think so. It's more spicy where CP amps more eggnog on me at least

The evening went VERY well, enjoying conversation with each other. Now I'm sort of thinking.... phero effect? I don't know. It was fun and I really enjoyed it. But again nothing stood out to me as obviously phero-induced.

I don't know if this means LACE doesn't work for me or if the effects of this phero are subtle in the "just makes us all get along and have fun" vibe?

:D Pheros go where we take them sometimes, but this def sounds like pheros effect! "just makes us all get along and have fun" vibe. Lace is A-nol and Est only. It doesn't scream sex goddess, ravish me now!lol But it does do "lets all get along and have fun". I always found lace to be a great social...looks like it's doing it's job ^-~ I think you've been hit gurl! :lol2::love:

:D Pheros go where we take them sometimes, but this def sounds like pheros effect! "just makes us all get along and have fun" vibe. Lace is A-nol and Est only. It doesn't scream sex goddess, ravish me now!lol But it does do "lets all get along and have fun". I always found lace to be a great social...looks like it's doing it's job ^-~ I think you've been hit gurl! :lol2::love:

AWESOME! Lol, I know I was in a great goofy mood the whole night. yay! I wanted a good, fun phero for the evening and I know I had a good time, so I'm glad that might be LACE helping things along!

• 3 weeks later...

And update - My family's Christmas dinner get-together is always on Christmas Eve, so I wore Garland and Lace tonight. Wow, the self-effects kick in within a half hour and I'm really goofy and silly. I still can't figure out if it had any effect on anyone else but me though.

Yeah, we're exposed to it the longest and have to wait for the effect to travel out and hit others...I've been eying up the wax melts quite a bit lately...I think that would be FANTASTIC for when we have company....or I'm plotting for when hubs gets off work at night....and, hey, these scents are DIVINE! :love:

At least you're getting more familiar with how the blends are effecting you and having some fun with them! :)

• 4 months later...

LOL,it's no secret that Garland & Lace in any form is my favorite scent/phero combo next to Captivation Equation,well maybe equal to :lol: ...if I did not have the stash I do,would snag what is left at Artfire. I never fail to have fun and get compliments on the scent wearing this...ever! usually ohhhh you smell like xmas cookies! when I point out it is eggnog its oh yeah oh yeah that's it! :) Add cops and Lace is a magnet,trust me :001_302:

• 1 month later...

I just bought a bunch of samples and now they are housed in their very own Garland and Lace bottle (Mara is THAT awesome). This is an awesome scent. It reminds me of a spicy Compromising Positions. Has a lot more spice to it but with a creamy eggy layer. Yummy stuff!!

I haven't tried out Lace before but as I sit here and keep sniffing my arm, it makes me a little lightheaded. Not in a bad way, just weird. Does it do that? And if so, does it do that to others as well? Interesting....

Yeah, the rapid succession... I would deny but can't. LOL Just don't want any concussions at work. We are a safety oriented business!! :D

ETA: If it's the anol, I'll have to remember not to wear it too close to my face. I'm clutzy enough. But I have to say, it does make me kind of happy!! Definitely saving this stuff for the holiday. May need it if I see family.

Edited by StoremyWhether

I'll have to remember to put it on the back of my neck and away from the face. I'll try it again though a couple of times and see if it was just me going all crazy on my arm or if the anol actually gave me a headrush, literally.

I am all for super-cheery Eggers!!! I love the holidays and my husband tends to think that Christmas is an explosion that happens around the house but as for everyone, it can be sort of stressful too. I had this on for a rather short time but just felt really happy... we always say "now if you could just bottle that feeling...". Mara has!!! I'm saving it. This could possibly be a holiday saver for me.

I'm going to have to look and see if there is anything else with Lace in it. But with that said, has anyone tried other scents with Lace? Do you tend to find you get the same effect or is it sort of like Cougar? I love the effects I get with Cougar but I think part of the wonder of it is the actual scent so I don't really want or need to try the UN.

I have LP Red Lace and Girly Twirly, which are both Lace + cops, as well as Garland & Lace and Tease. I also have the UN in oil which I wear quite a lot. I get the same effects from all of them, with the UN getting the slight edge, though that may be because of the difference in the amount worn. I don't know. It's a fun phero! I love it!