Nekomusume

Beccah

AD-NekoGeisha.jpg

Nekomusume

Experience the magick of the cat daughter: sweet Japanese rice pudding, plums and silk blossoms, sake and teakwood…an entirely bewitching brew which will leave them wanting more…meow.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:
PLUM ~ Inspires and maintains love and bonding, protects dwelling against evil and intrusion.
RICE WINE ~ Protection, rain, fertility, abundance, money.
TEAKWOOD ~ Longevity, bonding, weathering all conditions, endurance.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sweet Japanese rice pudding, plums & silk blossoms, sake, & teakwood.

So I finally gave my sample a go. To me this is a subtle scent. The rice pudding does come out like the asian version that I've had before. Since it isn't that sweet, it vaguely reminds of rice crispies w/ a hint of fruit. The hint of plum reminds me of the unsweetened plum flavored water that I used to be able to get @ Target. Just really lightly there, more of an essence. Those are the only notes I could distinguish on my skin. All in all, even though this isn't a 'Beccah' scent. I would say it's definitely worth trying.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I've been fascinated with geishas since reading Memoirs of a Geisha and watching the movie, which climbed to all-time favorite status, so how could I resist? Nekomusume was even more delicious than I anticipated. It's sweet, creamy, luxurious vanilla and juicy dark plum on me, with an added depth from what I believe is the sake. It's yummy but at the same time also sexy and mysterious. Absolutely love this one! :abvb:

I didn't expect this would be so snuggly, it's primarily the rice pudding on me. I get the other notes primarily in the vial, not on my skin. There's a tiny bit of brightness from the plum. Definitely purr-licious!

• 2 months later...

Another stunner. I have been huffing it so hard it's making me lightheaded. On me it starts out intensely creamy-sweet-rice, with just the whisper of plum dancing around, then it settles down into a smooth, subtle, warm, silky and still faintly rice-y mix. Even though it has plum in it, this smells very creamy-white to me throughout. Unusual and extremely delicious, may be forced to buy a bottle immediately.

I think this and Sassy Syliba are the most underrated scents of that month, I LOVE them, esp in bath stuff. Nom

Nekomusume smells so good that I would RATHER wear & smell it, than eat the actual things they smell like (as much as I love them)! For me, that is saying something, LOL.

In the bottle and before drydown, this one had a pretty peculiar scent on me-- I think it might have been the teak? But after a minute, it melds into the background, and it's a sweet, mostly plum scent.

Edit: It reminds me of some kind of candy or something I had when I was a kid, but I cannot for the life of me remember its name...

Edited by Kovvy

• 6 months later...

Disclosure: I'm not a strong foody fan, so take this with a grain of salt (as it were)! This scent is like a rich sweet comfort food, like a plummy rice pudding. However, it distinctly reminds me of is a certain kind of baby food I fed my kids when they were young. It's not a bad thing per se, just a weird association for me as a perfume!

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

I wore this the other day, I love the rice-i-ness of it. I don't necessarily always like/want to wear perfumes that are foody and sweet both, like cakey perfumes but luckily this isn't that sweet. In my head when I put it on I can imagine someone running their nose along my skin and finding me delicious :bday1029:

• 1 year later...

Oh my goodness. This has to be the most edible scent I have ever loved. First of all, I love the concept. I'm a huge sucker for Japanese folklore, and especially yokai.

Second, MISS LUNA!! To say I love the description is an understatement. Your written art on this one sold this to me harder than Spider Silk.

Finally, the scent. Miss Danna created this one, no?

Ok, the plum. I wonder if Miss Danna has ever tasted an umeboshi before? Because the ume/plum in this scent reminds me of one, and I love it! It's so tart and sweet.

The grainy sweet rice comes in shortly before the top note dies down, and it is delectable! Truly edible. I had to get some rice crispies to fix my appetite that just welled up. It gets sweetly, faintly alcoholic in the drydown. I will be purchasing a full bottle of this in my next order.

• 3 weeks later...

This smells good, soft but still fragrant. I can see this being good in any season because it has soft floral/fruit for warm weather, but there's something cuddly about the...almost milky elements that would make it good "it's getting cold outside" weather.

However my first impression is this:

you know the milk that's in your cereal bowl after finishing the cereal? This kind of smells like the milk after finishing fruit loops or lucky charms (or maybe both together.) It's pleasant but that definitely is triggering a scent memory that kept me smelling it and going "it's not fruit loops but it's so close. What is it?"

Edited by MissHazel

• 3 weeks later...

Nekomosume is so yummy when wet. It's very foody at first, like a bowl of sweet butter, cream and fruit. I don't think there is butter in here but that is what I'm getting from the bottle. Later the butter tones down and I can pick up on the rice and fruit. During dry down it becomes a silky soft scent that wears close to the skin. It's delicately sweet and and creamy with a hint of fruit which in my book is always comforting and reminds me of cuddling with my beloved on a warm, sunny afternoon, very innocent, very lovable.

:hearts0425:

• 2 months later...

I had to learn about travel shock the hard way with this one. I was so excited about Nekomusume that I opened and applied it right after receiving my package. And it went all sour on me. Awful, VERY sour unripe plum. It was so disgusting I had to wash my app point twice and I thought I'd never use it again.

The next day I gave it another go, and it was delicious and wonderful. Warm and sweet plum&rice pudding, I think I also get the rice wine for some time after the application, but it disappears later on and the scent gets softer and creamier. Absolutely wonderful one, and I'm very happy that I did not give up on it after first try!

Good lesson for me though, now I won't forget to give new bottles time to recover from the travel shock.

:love592:

I don't wear this one often enough. It's one of my snuggly fall/winter scents, for those glorious nights when I have the house (and the DVD player) all to myself. Oddly, it always makes me want to eat rice pudding... :lol: I'm not certain if I've ever worn Nekomusume out of the house! I'm kind of greedy with this scent, I guess. It's *my* cosy, dammit! :)

Oddly, it always makes me want to eat rice pudding... :lol:

I wonder why is that :rofl222:

And yes, for me it feels cozy and snuggly too. I'm sure I will be using this a lot when it gets cold and dark here :)

• 2 months later...

I never tried this and honestly, I thought the notes might not be something I would like. I just got a bottle of this as a truly appreciated freebie and straight out of the box, my first thought was yep, not really me so I put it aside. That was a week ago.

This morning I decided to bring it out and see what I thought because my goal after the first of the year is to create a little trade thread and thought this might be one I would be adding. Oh my goodness.... not going to happen. The very initial roll on still doesn't smell that good to me but after I let it sit for a minute, it is SO GOOD. I can smell the cloud of it and it's so gorgeous - foody but not. Vaguely floral, very comforting but also kind of sexy and mysterious.

I could see layering this with something creamy as well but I don't think it needs it. There's a creamy feel to it already and yet it still feels sheer on my skin. No one could be more surprised than me by how much I am liking this!!!!

• 9 months later...

I've been sniffing this for months and never gave it a chance until tonight. I stabbed a dot on my inner elbows to give it a test-run finally. Even two hours later, I get no blossoms or wood at all with this--it is a straight rice pudding gourmand scent on me. In the bottle I picked up on the plum, struggling to make itself known under the creamy, almost buttery rice scent.

But on me it amps pudding with PUDDING AND OH DID I MENTION PUDDING. It's got a hint of a spicy something which may be the teakwood, but the foodsy scent is so strong it makes my brain think "clove" instead. It actually reminds me of exactly the way a "buttered popcorn" flavored Jelly Belly bean smells. Which... Ehhh, can't say I love.

Not my best reaction, all in all. Definitely gonna end up a trade item, once I figure that process out. Would be a great item to pick up for this autumn/winter.

• 10 months later...

So this came out 6 years ago, and the last review was a year ago. First time I tried it, it went immediately into the "Sell" pile, because I thought to myself " no way do I want to smell like a rice pudding". In the intervening months, I have totally detoxed off all commercial perfumes, not even attempting to use my leftover stash. The Sugared Layerables returned with a vengeance and I sat with them and learned to understand them. The Fairy Cakes came out and my daughter and I trained our noses to how lovely they are, played with them, and she took to them like a duck to water. I didn't buy myself any fairy cakes because they smelled a bit too girlish for myself personally.

So with all of that background, here I am now a year later. I open the bottle and I suddenly get it. I have no more preconceived notions about what is 'my kind of scent' and what isn't...or at least a lot less. I can perceive the beauty and simplicity of this blend. With only 3 ingredients, it's attempting to do what Love Potion #9 (2 ingredients) and what the Private Editions do (generally around 4 ingredients). This is simply brilliant. It's like Fairy Cake Plum all grown up. Each note is lovely but when you do the scent math and add them altogether, they end up being something 'more than'. Something I can wonder over, let wash over me, treasure. The plum, rice wine, teakwood combo I think is inspired. The plum is broad and not too sweet, the rice wine lends just enough of a tart/boozy undertone, the teakwood makes it smell like the concoction is steaming out of a wooden bowl, being stirred by a wooden spoon, perhaps in an age-old ritual. There's is also a silkiness to this that is just enchanting.

I'm so glad I did not sell this one. Im also a little bit proud of how my body and soul have opened up to scent. At first I pretty much only knew incense and vanilla. You've come a long way, baby !