ok... I'll bite

In reading the Reviews, I kept reading EOW (Essence of Woman ?), I'm new here, and at the sake of sounding a bit dumb :blink: , what exactly is it ? Liz

In reading the Reviews, I kept reading EOW (Essence of Woman ?), I'm new here, and at the sake of sounding a bit dumb :blink: , what exactly is it ? Liz

It is a strong copulin concentrate, worn by women to arouse men. Copulins are vaginal secretions produced by women which signal that they are ready to have sex. They are said to raise men's testosterone......they have never let me down.... ;) EW really does need a good cover scent, because it smells like......well,..... B) The LP perfumes work very nicely to cover up the stank.....

Edited by Dolly

Just to clarify, EOW is made of copulins synthesized in a lab out of a bunch of different acids and odiferous molecules ... they're not real, authentic vaginal secretions! They're meant to smell like a fertile 16-year-old girl ... aaaah, well sorta :-/

Just to clarify, EOW is made of copulins synthesized in a lab out of a bunch of different acids and odiferous molecules ... they're not real, authentic vaginal secretions! They're meant to smell like a fertile 16-year-old girl ... aaaah, well sorta :-/

Let's hope they're not real.....that would give new meaning to eeeeewwwwww.... :blink:

Let's hope they're not real.....that would give new meaning to eeeeewwwwww.... :blink:

B) PHEW ! Thank you Ladies, for clearing up the difference !!! While I've been known for trying anything at least once, I think I'll try the latter first. Okay, now where would one find, read about or purchase ? I did buy a trial size of PHERO GIRL for mySELF and PHERO BOY for my lover, should I just see how that works before experimenting too much ? Liz

PS: Congrats Dolly on your engagement !

:blink: PHEW ! Thank you Ladies, for clearing up the difference !!! While I've been known for trying anything at least once, I think I'll try the latter first. Okay, now where would one find, read about or purchase ? I did buy a trial size of PHERO GIRL for mySELF and PHERO BOY for my lover, should I just see how that works before experimenting too much ? Liz

PS: Congrats Dolly on your engagement !

Thank you, and Happy Birthday (tomorrow).... B) You can find EW at www.love-scent.com. If you want to read more about pheromones, including EW, check out www.smartmones.com and go to the forum.

Thank you, and Happy Birthday (tomorrow).... :blink: You can find EW at www.love-scent.com. If you want to read more about pheromones, including EW, check out www.smartmones.com and go to the forum.

Thanx for the tip, Dolly

Liz

I know I 'm in for a lynching with this post. But I have to ask. I never heard of EOW or smelled it before learning about it here just a few weeks ago. I bought some EOW from the manufacturer because I loved the scent of Pherogirl. In the bottle EOW smelled kindof floral. After a few minutes on my skin it smelled like (pahlease excuse my blatant honesty) toe nail cheese.

Some people say its supposed to smell like a girl's dirty underwear. Never in my life has my underwear smelled this horrid. I have never known any smell to come off of a female that was this sour.

If i'm getting the story correctly, some man made this stuff to roughly equate it with his impression of the smell of female vaginal excretions. Help me out here - - - this is one of the gravest insults I' ve ever heard of. This guy must be a total woman hater. This is not not not not not what women smell like. Can someone explain why anyone is buying into this?

I know I 'm in for a lynching with this post. But I have to ask. I never heard of EOW or smelled it before learning about it here just a few weeks ago. I bought some EOW from the manufacturer because I loved the scent of Pherogirl. In the bottle EOW smelled kindof floral. After a few minutes on my skin it smelled like (pahlease excuse my blatant honesty) toe nail cheese.

Some people say its supposed to smell like a girl's dirty underwear. Never in my life has my underwear smelled this horrid. I have never known any smell to come off of a female that was this sour.

If i'm getting the story correctly, some man made this stuff to roughly equate it with his impression of the smell of female vaginal excretions. Help me out here - - - this is one of the gravest insults I' ve ever heard of. This guy must be a total woman hater. This is not not not not not what women smell like. Can someone explain why anyone is buying into this?

No lynching here, dear!! :) Forums are for the sharing of information.....that is why they are so wonderful....

I have consistently used this product for 4 years. Yes, it does stink. It is NOT to be used by itself, though. It is MEANT to be used with a cover scent. And, for the average lady, a few drops is all you need to apply. Let it dry down, and then apply your perfume. The Love Potions' perfumes seem to work very well as cover scents.

And, as with most pheromones, it is not a concious scent like a perfume or cologne that causes the reaction. It triggers something in the subconcious brain, for lack of a better term, and it does raise men's testosterone levels. Over 4 years, when I have wanted to get a sexual reaction out of a tired/cranky/disinterested partner, EW has never failed. Not once. Like you, the first time I smelled it, I thought.....how could THIS work..... :blink: But, at the time I first tried it, I was in a marriage with a semi-impotent man, who was not only suffering from the physical effects of ED, but also had no desire for sex. We had not had sex in over a year..... B) I HAD TRIED EVERYTHING (lingerie, seduction, pampering, everything), to no avail. I was a little bit desperate. So, even though I was a bit skeptical, I bought one bottle and tried it, and it DOES work. It woke him up, so to speak. We later divorced anyway, due to other issues, but at least the sex life was improved. ;)

I have received results that were never obtainable with perfumes alone. If you want to read more about it, you can go to www.smartmones.com . There are extensive discussion of this product there. And, if you decide that you don't want it, send me your bottle..... :)

Off topic.....I love this emoticon...... ;) Can you tell? It reminds me of the look I have on my face most times...... :blink::blink::blink::blink: LOLOLOLOL

Edited by Dolly

Just to chime in.

Eow is ultra, ultra concentrated. Applying it neat is very tricky, of all the pheromones avaible EoW seem to be the hardest to get "right". You have to let it dry totally, for at least 15-20 mins before you even think of putting a normal perfume over it. Which is a good habit to get into with it. At most you need a few drops of EoW spread over several points.

For me, I need way, way less. I am one of the women who has found I get the best results with neat EoW hours and hours after application. So, I have a little spray bottle with pre-diluted EoW for when I want to use it. Or I used products like Phero Girl where the predilution is done for me, or the cops are blended with other pheros.

If anyone has bought NEAT EoW have a look at the links Dolly provided. If applied incorrectly EOW can make you sound like an over-ripe gorgonzola or a tons of rotting fruit. :blink:

For my part I am sticking with perfumes like Phero Girl - with EoW less is always more B)

May

Thank you, and Happy Birthday (tomorrow).... :blink: You can find EW at www.love-scent.com. If you want to read more about pheromones, including EW, check out www.smartmones.com and go to the forum.

DDDDOOOLLLLYYYEEEEEE :blink:B);):blink::blink: !! yes I like that face as well, I make that face quite a bit, I 'm really uninformed, uneducated and unaware of scents, their availability, etc... and so on. I did go on the love-scents.com and smartmones.com, both quite interesting. Oh, and the forum, apparently I've been living in a cave ! Dolly ! you may have single handedly-sp? created a *monster*. I'm very curious to try EOW ! Question ? the cover scent, should it be bold ? or can it be delicate ? I vary, as I imagine most woman do, in any case would you say, experiment alittle ? What a great way to begin a new year (49). Hope you don't mind all the questions. Liz

DDDDOOOLLLLYYYEEEEEE :blink:B);):blink::blink: !! yes I like that face as well, I make that face quite a bit, I 'm really uninformed, uneducated and unaware of scents, their availability, etc... and so on. I did go on the love-scents.com and smartmones.com, both quite interesting. Oh, and the forum, apparently I've been living in a cave ! Dolly ! you may have single handedly-sp? created a *monster*. I'm very curious to try EOW ! Question ? the cover scent, should it be bold ? or can it be delicate ? I vary, as I imagine most woman do, in any case would you say, experiment alittle ? What a great way to begin a new year (49). Hope you don't mind all the questions. Liz

I don't mind the questions at all......I wish someone had been able to help me 4 years ago.....at that time, there were only a few of us who were working with EW, and it took a lot of trial and error......

You just need to experiment with different cover scents, and see what works best for you. As a general rule, scents with heavy vanilla, musk, or amber notes work especially well for covering it. But, I have even covered it with Love's Baby Soft.....remember that one.....can't hardly find it anymore......it is like a little girl's perfume.....but, it does cover EW.....go figure..... :blink:

Also, something that we have noticed is that older women (I turned 40 in Aug), and women who have been on birth control for extended periods usually have better luck with EW by using more. We're not experts, but, it is just a general observation. Trying to find the proper dosage for you sometimes takes a little work, but if you're willing to work with it, the results are definitely worth it!

Edited by Dolly

I don't mind the questions at all......I wish someone had been able to help me 4 years ago.....at that time, there were only a few of us who were working with EW, and it took a lot of trial and error......

You just need to experiment with different cover scents, and see what works best for you. As a general rule, scents with heavy vanilla, musk, or amber notes work especially well for covering it. But, I have even covered it with Love's Baby Soft.....remember that one.....can't hardly find it anymore......it is like a little girl's perfume.....but, it does cover EW.....go figure..... :blink:

Also, something that we have noticed is that older women (I turned 40 in Aug), and women who have been on birth control for extended periods usually have better luck with EW by using more. We're not experts, but, it is just a general observation. Trying to find the proper dosage for you sometimes takes a little work, but if you're willing to work with it, the results are definitely worth it!

Well, Dolly, I tried Phero Girl today, I have a keen sence of smell amd immediately picked up on the "musky" notes, are those the *cops* you speak of. However, I didn't come in contact with any men, so I couldn't notice if it had any effects on them, WHERE IS A MAN when you need one ! So, I'm wondering if EOW is more of a pure state, I should use it sparingly. Are you familiar with *Angel* by Theirry Mugler, I was planning on using that as a cover. Oh and am I correct when you say it should *dry*, like air dry then apply the cover ?

Ahh.... to be 40 again, I'm pulling it with a trailer hitch ! I did hear that 60 is the new 40, so by my calculations, I'm 29 and you my dear Dolly, are 20 !!!! Some of the other members wished me a Happy B-Day, I ask them if the could join me in a toast at 6:46 pm EST (beverage of their choice), I will be officially 49, no ! 29 ! Liz B)

Well, Dolly, I tried Phero Girl today, I have a keen sence of smell amd immediately picked up on the "musky" notes, are those the *cops* you speak of. However, I didn't come in contact with any men, so I couldn't notice if it had any effects on them, WHERE IS A MAN when you need one ! So, I'm wondering if EOW is more of a pure state, I should use it sparingly. Are you familiar with *Angel* by Theirry Mugler, I was planning on using that as a cover. Oh and am I correct when you say it should *dry*, like air dry then apply the cover ?

Ahh.... to be 40 again, I'm pulling it with a trailer hitch ! I did hear that 60 is the new 40, so by my calculations, I'm 29 and you my dear Dolly, are 20 !!!! Some of the other members wished me a Happy B-Day, I ask them if the could join me in a toast at 6:46 pm EST (beverage of their choice), I will be officially 49, no ! 29 ! Liz :blink:

I haven't ever smelled Angel, but anything that smells good should cover it fine. Yes, start out with just a few drops of EW if applying it straight. And, absolutely makes sure it air dries on your skin for a bit before applying the cover scent, which usually takes a good 10 min for it to dry down enough so that it can be effectively covered.

I hope you had a wonderful birthday!! :wub:

Angel is plenty strong and sweet so it should cover EoW just fine!

Top notes: Fruits, dewberry, helional, honey

Heart Notes: Chocolate, caramel, coumarin

Base Notes: Vanilla, patchouli

but I'll tell you, nearly anything from Love Potion will cover it extremely well ... especially anything of the LP variants or any of the darker sultry sugary or resinous ones.

but I'll tell you, nearly anything from Love Potion will cover it extremely well ... especially anything of the LP variants or any of the darker sultry sugary or resinous ones.

I can vouch for the fact that LP Red and Black both cover EW extremely well. So does the sugared honeycomb...... :wub:

I just love *Angel*, that's for the ok ! :wub: Liz

I can vouch for the fact that LP Red and Black both cover EW extremely well. So does the sugared honeycomb...... :blink:

I have BLACK and Sugared Patchouli, I'll give it a try, oh did I tell you I ordered the EoW ? Liz :wub:

I have BLACK and Sugared Patchouli, I'll give it a try, oh did I tell you I ordered the EoW ? Liz :wub:

Cool.... :blink: ....I just got a fresh bottle myself.....oh, and if you don't get results at first, just remember that sometimes it takes "tweaking" to find your proper dosage.

Edited by Dolly

ok here's a silly question. But you put EW on. Let it air dry. Put your cover scent on. ok makes sense.

But do you apply the cover scent on the SAME spot you put EW or can it be anywhere?

I generally make sure I apply over the EoW. I put the cover over places too, but I make sure I dab the EoW spots. :wub: Not sure what the others do though??

May

I generally make sure I apply over the EoW. I put the cover over places too, but I make sure I dab the EoW spots. :wub: Not sure what the others do though??

May

Thats the same thing I do, too..... :blink:

ok here's a silly question. But you put EW on. Let it air dry. Put your cover scent on. ok makes sense.

But do you apply the cover scent on the SAME spot you put EW or can it be anywhere?

I mySELF haven't tried it, but from what I gathered from the previous posts, Yeah, I think you *cover* the EoW, from Dolly's description, it QUITE powerful ! I don't think it should be applied w/o a cover scent. am I right Dolly ? She is more experienced with EoW (4yrs). liz

I mySELF haven't tried it, but from what I gathered from the previous posts, Yeah, I think you *cover* the EoW, from Dolly's description, it QUITE powerful ! I don't think it should be applied w/o a cover scent. am I right Dolly ? She is more experienced with EoW (4yrs). liz

Yes, everyone has their own preferences/methods, but I have found that the most effective method is to apply the scent over the EW application points. EW can be quite stinky without an appropriate cover. It should be noted, though, that the pungency of EW can vary from batch to batch. The smell of it also varies a bit with the age of a particular bottle or batch. I have, on occassion, worn it without a cover, just to see what the scent would morph into.....yeah, I know, I'm wierd.... :wub:

I was reading about EOW here. I've never heard of this type of stuff before. But it makes me wonder...has anyone ever been raped because of the smell? Is it dangerous like that? ;) How exactly does it affect people? Does it just work with people you are dating, or everyone around you.

Hope I haven't upset anyone with this question. I'll delete it if it bothers anyone.

I was reading about EOW here. I've never heard of this type of stuff before. But it makes me wonder...has anyone ever been raped because of the smell? Is it dangerous like that? ;) How exactly does it affect people? Does it just work with people you are dating, or everyone around you.

Hope I haven't upset anyone with this question. I'll delete it if it bothers anyone.

I have not heard of anyone being raped from wearing it. However, that said, EW certainly CAN cause a full-on sexual response from men who are strangers, as it has been shown to raise their testosterone levels. That is why common sense should always be used when wearing it. If it is worn in public, you should always be aware that this can happen, and be prepared for such extreme reactions. Many ladies prefer to use it just to spice up their current love life, wearing it only with their partner, or in situations where they will be "safe" for lack of a better word.

Edit:

No offense Linnea, hun, but I just noticed from your profile that you are only 15..... a copulin concentrate such as EW would probably not be a wise choice for you. Young men are just learning to deal with their hormones as it is, and using something to further spike their testosterone levels could lead to risky situations. Just my 2 cents.....

Edited by Dolly

I have not heard of anyone being raped from wearing it. However, that said, EW certainly CAN cause a full-on sexual response from men who are strangers, as it has been shown to raise their testosterone levels. That is why common sense should always be used when wearing it. If it is worn in public, you should always be aware that this can happen, and be prepared for such extreme reactions. Many ladies prefer to use it just to spice up their current love life, wearing it only with their partner, or in situations where they will be "safe" for lack of a better word.

No offense Linnea, hun, but I just noticed from your profile that you are only 15..... a copulin concentrate such as EW would probably not be a wise choice for you. Young men are just learning to deal with their hormones as it is, and using something to further spike their testosterone levels could lead to risky situations. Just my 2 cents.....

Oh no, I'd never use this. I've never even had a boyfriend, I'm just too shy~~

I was just feeling worried for women while reading this topic. I'm glad nothing bad has ever happened to anyone though. ;)

Very interesting conversation, gals.

So what I gathered from the above is that this can be a supplement for women with sex hormone imbalances (menopausal or post menopausal, or on a weird dose of birth control etc.) and that for others it's easy to misuse/smell "sour" or "like gorgonzola?" (Which is making me nauseous thinking about, btw)

I was telling the bf about this and he said "a fertile 16 year old? groooossss!" Are all male responses to this positive?

Very interesting conversation, gals.

So what I gathered from the above is that this can be a supplement for women with sex hormone imbalances (menopausal or post menopausal, or on a weird dose of birth control etc.) and that for others it's easy to misuse/smell "sour" or "like gorgonzola?" (Which is making me nauseous thinking about, btw)

I was telling the bf about this and he said "a fertile 16 year old? groooossss!" Are all male responses to this positive?

This article by Kevin Pezzi, MD might shed more light on the importance of copulins:

http://www.pheromonetalk.com/studies-abstr...ulins-1722.html

EXACTLY !!! OMGoddess ! I just got my bottle in the mail, I opened and said to SELF, "this doesn't smell bad, smells flowery ? Hey! I got jipped (as if I preferred the stank)! What was thinking ? I just dabbed an inkling of an inklink and thought AHHHHH !! TOE JAM EXPLOSION ! Holy $#&% ! no wonder you need a cover ! The guy I choose to use this on, had better mean a great deal to me, having to smell that for 20 mins to dry down before being able to breathe again ! Okay Dolly, I'll give it the ole' college try (this better be mind-bending) ! Can I have cocktail first ? Liz

Thanks, Carrie! This part was thought-provoking.

"One author speculated that the supposed male preference for blondes and redheads is attributable to their higher production of copulins. Though entertaining, there is no scientific support for this theory. Research does suggest that the heightened attraction evoked by copulins is more apt to benefit women who are less attractive than women who are very attractive. Presumably, men are so revved up by just looking at gorgeous women that adjunctive attractants such as copulins elicit relatively little additional appeal. Since copulins do more to enhance the appeal of women who aren’t stunning, in effect they decrease the importance of optical attractiveness and hence help level the playing field in the competition for men."

**EDIT: I finished the article and some people questioned that comment. But I'm going to keep researching it.

http://everything2.com/index.pl?node_id=1722038

According to this article, they are less effective for attraction than steroid pheromones, damage mucous membranes and smell more like feta than gorgonzola. :mellow:

Edited by salomewilde

Ok, continuing my research into more academic venues, I found this article on psych.net

http://www.apa.org/monitor/oct02/pheromones.html

and there are many articles in the scholarly resource JSTOR. I got in and searched "copulins." However, there are no recent articles. They're all from the 70s and 80s, except for one (Female Body Odour Is a Potential Cue to Ovulation by Devendra Singh, 2001 from the journal Biological Sciences).

The following is a synopsis from pages 700-800:

* This one's hypothesis is that since copulins increase during the 7 day ovulation period so it "would be surprising" if they weren't a mating signal to men. Studies done from the late 70s. through the late 90s (detailed in the article) conflict about whether ovulation or the follicular phase created more attractive smells, possibly from the small sample size, differing methodologies and other variables (for instance, the participants weren't supposed to sleep with pets or have sex during the study.)

* Men also require visual cues of ovulation ("skin color", which is "lighter and suffused with blood" and "breast symmetry") for maximum effective attraction. These combined olfactory and visual signs are only apparent for the seven days of ovulation, according to the compiled research, to males in pair-bonded relationships and are specific to their female partners.

* For 3 days of the cycle, strange males are more likely to respond to the smell of an ovulating female, and women are more likely to engage in sex with different partners during this time.

* The author says it is important to note that it is a confirmed fact that "all odours are subject to habituation and adaptation." Repeat exposure of a man to his mate's ovulation scents "after some time" will reduce his response/sensitivity to them.

http://links.jstor.org/sici?sici=0962-8452...%3E2.0.CO%3B2-3

So this is intriguing. Your ovulation odors work on your man, but only for a limited time. He'll also eventually become immune to the synthetic ones, too, if they really work, and they shouldn't be masked with other scents. But for a guy who the smell is new to, the smell will be "hedonistically positive."

In short, I'd like to try a sample of this. What's the best brand?

Edited by salomewilde

Ok, continuing my research into more academic venues, I found this article on psych.net

http://www.apa.org/monitor/oct02/pheromones.html

and there are many articles in the scholarly resource JSTOR. I got in and searched "copulins." However, there are no recent articles. They're all from the 70s and 80s, except for one (Female Body Odour Is a Potential Cue to Ovulation by Devendra Singh, 2001 from the journal Biological Sciences).

The following is a synopsis from pages 700-800:

* This one's hypothesis is that since copulins increase during the 7 day ovulation period so it "would be surprising" if they weren't a mating signal to men. Studies done from the late 70s. through the late 90s (detailed in the article) conflict about whether ovulation or the follicular phase created more attractive smells, possibly from the small sample size, differing methodologies and other variables (for instance, the participants weren't supposed to sleep with pets or have sex during the study.)

* Men also require visual cues of ovulation ("skin color", which is "lighter and suffused with blood" and "breast symmetry") for maximum effective attraction. These combined olfactory and visual signs are only apparent for the seven days of ovulation, according to the compiled research, to males in pair-bonded relationships and are specific to their female partners.

* For 3 days of the cycle, strange males are more likely to respond to the smell of an ovulating female, and women are more likely to engage in sex with different partners during this time.

* The author says it is important to note that it is a confirmed fact that "all odours are subject to habituation and adaptation." Repeat exposure of a man to his mate's ovulation scents "after some time" will reduce his response/sensitivity to them.

http://links.jstor.org/sici?sici=0962-8452...%3E2.0.CO%3B2-3

So this is intriguing. Your ovulation odors work on your man, but only for a limited time. He'll also eventually become immune to the synthetic ones, too, if they really work, and they shouldn't be masked with other scents. But for a guy who the smell is new to, the smell will be "hedonistically positive."

In short, I'd like to try a sample of this. What's the best brand?

I have been using Essence of a Woman for 4 years, give or take. You can buy it at www.love-scent.com . I love it. It has never let me down..... :mellow:

• 3 months later...
Your ovulation odors work on your man, but only for a limited time. He'll also eventually become immune to the synthetic ones, too, if they really work, and they shouldn't be masked with other scents. But for a guy who the smell is new to, the smell will be "hedonistically positive."

We all get used to whatever fragrance we wear for scent only, but generally if you take a break for a week or so from it you'll become more sensitive to it again and can smell it again. Would the same apply for copulins? Don't wear them all the time, or take a break from them every so often, and then your guy would keep his sensitivity and arousal reaction to them when you did wear them.

I know this thread is several months old, but I just now read it while looking up Phero Girl. I went straight for Phero Girl Dominance and by-passed Phero Girl original! :rainman:

Darbla

We all get used to whatever fragrance we wear for scent only, but generally if you take a break for a week or so from it you'll become more sensitive to it again and can smell it again. Would the same apply for copulins? Don't wear them all the time, or take a break from them every so often, and then your guy would keep his sensitivity and arousal reaction to them when you did wear them.

I know this thread is several months old, but I just now read it while looking up Phero Girl. I went straight for Phero Girl Dominance and by-passed Phero Girl original! :rainman:

Darbla

Well, I can't give an answer with scientific certainty, but.....I get the same reaction from them, no matter how often I wear them.....if I go without them for a day or two (for instance, when I am testing a different phero mix), and then use them again, the reaction is generally the same. I generally wear cops, not only because I like the reaction it illicits in my partner, but because I get a self-effect from them.....they just make me FEEL sexy.... :thumb_up11:

• 1 year later...
I was curios if any of our purfumes have eows and couplins.Im new at this and this topic was real interesting.

thanks in advance,

Tee

Oh YES! There are plenty of phero's that you can choose from that have cops in them. Some are scented already with perfume and they are lovely! Off the top of my head; PheroGirl - Honey/musk scent

Wildflower - floral I think?

Cuddle Bunny 2009 - light greeny floral

You can also get the UNscented phero's and use on their own and then layer LP perfumes ontop...Or you can ask the ladies to blend the UNscented phero with any LP perfume you want :)

I was curios if any of our purfumes have eows and couplins.Im new at this and this topic was real interesting.

thanks in advance,

Tee

Off the top of my head: Phero Girl, LP Original LE with BI....Cuddle Bunny...Sexology...LAM...of course, you can *opt* to add them into ..whatever!

Off the top of my head: Phero Girl, LP Original LE with BI....Cuddle Bunny...Sexology...LAM...of course, you can *opt* to add them into ..whatever!

And I usually add extra into mine anyway....hehe....