Excalibur...

Snoopyace

Have you tried this out off the bottle? It evolves quite a bit from in the bottle to on the skin.

• 1 year later...

Today is, among many other things, Excalibur test day!

Wife's feedback

Soon after application, before proper dry-down, she thought it smelled like fresh-cut celery. "Not in a bad way", she said. An hour later I did a drive-by smell request and she pulled me close, closed her eyes, smelled my neck and said, "Mmm. Now kiss me." So it's a keeper.

My feedback

On me, it's pretty green. Picking up some solid fresh-cut pine. I'm still learning my tastes, but I think this may be registering close to my maximum allowable green.

At least on me it isn't quite as green after it dries down. I still get the clean scent but not GREEN. Try Merlin's Blend, that might be a bit less green for you (and women also seem to REALLY dig when I wear that as well).

• 5 weeks later...

Update: My wife loooooves Excalibur.

I've been wearing it from my sample vial this week. I think it's a great winter scent and I'm enjoying the, what to me is, strong masculine projection. Every day I wear it I get close-in neck contact from my wife because she loves it so much.

Yesterday she took a fist-full of my shirt, pulled close, huffed my neck and gave me kisses. Then asked me to please put *more* on. I said, "Now? Or are you asking me to just wear more in general?" She said, "Now; please put more on right now."

So an all-around endorsement of this scent from my household. I'm ordering a full bottle of this ASAP.

Update: My wife loooooves Excalibur.

I've been wearing it from my sample vial this week. I think it's a great winter scent and I'm enjoying the, what to me is, strong masculine projection. Every day I wear it I get close-in neck contact from my wife because she loves it so much.

Yesterday she took a fist-full of my shirt, pulled close, huffed my neck and gave me kisses. Then asked me to please put *more* on. I said, "Now? Or are you asking me to just wear more in general?" She said, "Now; please put more on right now."

So an all-around endorsement of this scent from my household. I'm ordering a full bottle of this ASAP.

Now THAT'S a glowing endorsement!

• 2 weeks later...

Spent the weekend out of town with a busy social agenda, including a fun annual party hosted at a friend's house attended by about 30 people. Wore Excalibur (oil roll-on), a couple shots of Wanted Man to my torso and chest, and one shot of Topper in my hair. And I'm laughing at myself for having just publicly admitting that.

I got two direct compliments about how good I smelled from women. With the exception of the direct compliments about my scent, it's hard to tell what to attribute the other hits to (pheromones, scent, or both). So I'll just list some of the things I noticed.

Received lots of giant, bright smiles throughout the evening. Three different times when I was talking to someone one-on-one; when I thought the conversation should be over; the person I was talking to (female) just kept standing there, facing me, paying attention to me.

I love female attention, but even I became uncomfortable at one point when I was standing in a small conversational circle with three women looking at me with huge smiles on their faces. The topic of conversation kept getting steered towards me (and not by me); my workout regime, dating (and sexual) history, etc.

Several women posed for photos with me that night, which rarely happens. And at the end of the night, several goodbye hugs clung a beat or two longer once I let go...

In hindsight, I know I'd rather have a more balanced set of experiences with the people I talk to. But that evening demonstrated to me the impressive power of social engineering via scent.

I've decided that I'm going to stick with Excalibur pretty much exclusively; at least for the cold months. I've found my ideal fragrance. I'll just continue to experiment with what pheros to wear with it for different scenarios.

Edited by September

• 3 months later...

Bought another sample of this to add to a phero product. I really enjoy the scent of Excalibur. To me it is a traditionally masculine scent that does make me feel like I need to stand a little taller and lean my shoulders back just a bit more. My bride likes this scent as well. It starts out very bright and green and after it dries down it evolves into a more woodsy scent that has a bit of sweetness to it. Always a crowd pleaser. I do get a lot of compliments on Excalibur from women of all ages.

• 8 months later...

Trees! I smell like a garden when I wear this. Green/earthy. Think of it like you are walking at a public park; or as someone has mentioned, a forest. Sometimes it gives a "sand/earth" smell. It lasted for hours on my skin; not many scents do that with me. So in terms of longevity; it's great! When I sniff my finger after opening the sample vial, I like what I'm selling. Having said that, however, I'm not a fan of greens. This is not something I would see myself wearing for the whole day. I also believe this is best during summer. If you smell greeny during winter, it may feel like a "clash". This is just a theory though, I may be wrong.

I'm not generally a huge "green" scent fan but at least on me, this dries down into a more sweet green scent that PROJECTS. One day I plan to get a bottle of this boosted with either SS4M or Heart Throb because I always get positive attention when I wear it. I had a bottle of this boosted with copulins that seemed to get a lot of positive attention from women and ironically my gay cousin and his husband. They are now the proud owners of the second half of my bottle and apparently enjoy the attention they get from others when they wear it.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Does the oil version of this projects well?

Sorry, I didn't see this before. For an oil, Excalibur projects very well. In my experience, it has almost as much throw as an alcohol based scent.

• 6 months later...

I just keep coming back to Excalibur. I'd recently bought a sample vial of it because I really like the scent and figured I'd just wear it occasionally since my bride really seems to enjoy SUPER/UN and LP: Homme the most. She doesn't mind Excalibur but the others are her favorites. I wore this out today sans pheros (except for a tiny dab of Aja for self effects) to lunch with a female friend. She couldn't stop talking about how much she enjoyed the Excalibur scent and how it really suits me. I've always felt that Excalibur is a scent I wear well and feel comfortable wearing. I love how it dries down into a very woodsy, slightly green scent with just a hint of parchment, at least to my nose. The Aja makes it just a tiny bit sweeter and almost dirty. I notice that I get a lot of positive attention from women when I wear Excalibur, even without any pheros. I just love this scent!

• 8 months later...

This made me laugh so I had to share...

I was wearing Excalibur when at the grocery store. The two girls working the register and bagging both started lifting their heads in the air and sniffing (not in an overt way but enough to be noticeable) as I approached the register. They exchanged a glance and and one whispered to the other about how something smelled really good. Like woods mixed with honey. I overheard this and thanked her for the compliment. The girls both blushed a bit and the bagger asked if I was what smelled like a great smelling forest. I told them what I was wearing and the cashier (even though someone came up in line behind me) made the girl checking out in the lane down the way, come over and smell me. That girl immediately grabbed her phone to text her boyfriend to go online and check out what I was wearing. I honestly thought at first they were just making a joke and that they didn't like what I was wearing but no, they seemed very genuine. After I thought about it, the girl bagging my groceries has been my cashier before and has commented on Winner and LP: Homme in a very positive way as well. Nothing beats smelling nice and brightening the day of the people around you.

:Emoticons10311:

Edited by Snoopyace

Well sure...because now you don't smell like everyone else. ;)

Yea, I know that's an old comment but the answer is so very right. I love to see reactions to LP and compare them to reactions people have when you show them your LP and they start going "...oh I'm so particular about perfume." etc. But, they only choose perfumes that "everybody else" wears. That's not particular, it's brainwashed.

Snoopy, that's great. Isn't it nice to bring a little bit of LP magic to someone's life.

• 5 months later...

I want to like this one, and I know it's supposed to be a Lady Slayer scent, but it's just too green for me. And to add to the dilemma, my man seems to amp trees and green things. All this time I thought I was a tree hugger, but maybe subconsciously hate trees. I smell a tree sap in Excalibur that is Just Too Much of Something. I'm guessing it smells different on other men.

I know Excalibur isn't even phero'd, but I'm frustrated because all of the "super sexy" boy smells with the heavy hitter Heart Throb/Wanted Man/Hunter Trapper type sexual phero's haven't been in scents I want to cuddle up with, yet. (Except Dark Desires but that won't count until I hand him a bottle.) The sexiest stuff I've huffed on him has had Perfect Match and Teddy BB. Maybe it's just safer for him without the extra phero push! Maybe it's for the best. But I hope there's going to be a match eventually. I'll make him try Homme and No.9 again, maybe get one boosted. I need to check if he has a Smooth Operator w/heart throb sample, also get him samples of Libertine w/Hunter Trapper and Imperium w/Super Sexy. Everyman deserves a scent that will make his lady harass him for sex when he's trying to sleep.

From my experience with my bride I've noticed that while the 'sexy' phero blends do work on her, they are not as consistent as the more relationship centric blends like Perfect Match. I just chalked it up to the fact that we are in a long term relationship and that is where she needs the extra feeling of connectedness to give her the 'push' to feeling romantic.

From my experience with my bride I've noticed that while the 'sexy' phero blends do work on her, they are not as consistent as the more relationship centric blends like Perfect Match. I just chalked it up to the fact that we are in a long term relationship and that is where she needs the extra feeling of connectedness to give her the 'push' to feeling romantic.

That makes sense, good point! Maybe PM has a selfie effect for my man, too. He's a sweetie and he needs that intimacy feeling much more than the average man. It might even be the connection that makes him more aggressive. I was thinking a blend that would make it so he didn't have to do any work, which is silly since men don't enjoy things they don't have to work for, at least a little bit!

In my experiences both in a long term marriage and also now being single, Copulins have always been the most consistent way to spark a sexual response and can be added as the need arises (pun intended)... That and scents in general also have been shown in all the studies to effect nearly everyone unlike pheromones which depend on genetics and even timing of the menstrual cycle with things like Androstenone with women. So things like a musk for sexual response, or several dabs of hedione which hits the brain like androstadienone and releases sexual hormones in the studiies. For young women/Asians especially since they cant tolerate Androstenone as much. Perfect Match, P96 around 40 for deep emotional connection, Swoon, and other non enone blends would work consistent throughout the cycle...

I want to like this one, and I know it's supposed to be a Lady Slayer scent, but it's just too green for me. And to add to the dilemma, my man seems to amp trees and green things. All this time I thought I was a tree hugger, but maybe subconsciously hate trees. I smell a tree sap in Excalibur that is Just Too Much of Something. I'm guessing it smells different on other men.

I know Excalibur isn't even phero'd, but I'm frustrated because all of the "super sexy" boy smells with the heavy hitter Heart Throb/Wanted Man/Hunter Trapper type sexual phero's haven't been in scents I want to cuddle up with, yet. (Except Dark Desires but that won't count until I hand him a bottle.) The sexiest stuff I've huffed on him has had Perfect Match and Teddy BB. Maybe it's just safer for him without the extra phero push! Maybe it's for the best. But I hope there's going to be a match eventually. I'll make him try Homme and No.9 again, maybe get one boosted. I need to check if he has a Smooth Operator w/heart throb sample, also get him samples of Libertine w/Hunter Trapper and Imperium w/Super Sexy. Everyman deserves a scent that will make his lady harass him for sex when he's trying to sleep.

Some of the options are to get an unscented blend of pheromones such as Super Sexy For Men, Heart Throb, or Wanted Man which are the three most 'sexy' here and then use with the scents you do like. Or getting a private edition/unphero'd scent you like boosted with one of those pheromone blends to have a ready to go version... You could try Sheer Essence which is a low scent variation of copulins on him with a blend to add a little kick, or boost something with copulins you like... Some women dont smell Androstenone at all (50%) but some others find it very urinous except around ovulation and only then find those blends kick in more for them... Perfect Match doesnt have this issue. Notice a high testosterone man who you go gaga over but then a week later you wonder what you ever saw in him?

Excalibur is a unique scent, my body ramps up the cedar. Smelling like greens and trees/walking in the forest is certainly not for everyone, but sometimes being different just isn't enough.... My ex wasn't in colognes, if I dated someone like you girls I'd probably be walking around smelling like Trees, Pancakes, Dandelions,and Chocolate it seems while dressed as santa or hagrid lol..

Remember, you are unique.. just like everyone else....

Edited by datadragon

In my experiences both in a long term marriage and also now being single, Copulins have always been the most consistent way to spark a sexual response and can be added as the need arises (pun intended)... That and scents in general also have been shown in all the studies to effect nearly everyone unlike pheromones which depend on genetics and even timing of the menstrual cycle with things like Androstenone with women. So things like a musk for sexual response, or several dabs of hedione which hits the brain like androstadienone and releases sexual hormones in the studiies. For young women/Asians especially since they cant tolerate Androstenone as much. Perfect Match, P96 around 40 for deep emotional connection, Swoon, and other non enone blends would work consistent throughout the cycle...

Some of the options are to get an unscented blend of pheromones such as Super Sexy For Men, Heart Throb, or Wanted Man which are the three most 'sexy' here and then use with the scents you do like. Or getting a private edition/unphero'd scent you like boosted with one of those pheromone blends to have a ready to go version... You could try Sheer Essence which is a low scent variation of copulins on him with a blend to add a little kick, or boost something with copulins you like... Some women dont smell Androstenone at all (50%) but some others find it very urinous except around ovulation and only then find those blends kick in more for them... Perfect Match doesnt have this issue. Notice a high testosterone man who you go gaga over but then a week later you wonder what you ever saw in him?

Excalibur is a unique scent, my body ramps up the cedar. Smelling like greens and trees/walking in the forest is certainly not for everyone, but sometimes being different just isn't enough.... My ex wasn't in colognes, if I dated someone like you girls I'd probably be walking around smelling like Trees, Pancakes, Dandelions,and Chocolate it seems while dressed as santa or hagrid lol..

Remember, you are unique.. just like everyone else....

Thanks for all this info! I'm pretty sure the last thing I need to sense on my man is cops, though. I'm not a jealous person, but I am territorial and any cops around here should be on me!

He'd never bother with an unscented phero. He has UN SWS, but I put it on him, he'd never bother, he's happy to put Winner on himself because he likes to smell good. I'm just going to keep him in Mark's Girl Nip with PM for a bit, he also smells good in a bunch of other stuff, trees just aren't sexy to me. He's sexy, I want it to be him, just more "him". Perfect Match is great, I think it works on both of us, I'm just the kind of person who's always looking for more. I'll prob get a little Wanted Man in my next order and keep him playing with his nice box of smellies until we get another good hit. I did just get him Gargoyle Gargle in a trade and what to smell that on him soon. He loves lavender, I'm just hoping the eucalyptus and pine will behave.

Heart Throb including of course Dark Desires w/Heart Throb you like have copulins, they are just covered by the scent but part of what creates what you like about it and the turn on effect in that mix... They are synthetic lol... Having a sweet woman to sit on my face every morning before I work out is far better imo.... :Emoticons04235:

This would be a mix that you use when just together since they are heavy attraction/sexual. Smooth Operator and Pashazade are the current heart throb mixes and both are good but everyones opinion on scents is different...

If he wont separately apply a unscented phero and the scent you already have to cover it, then you simply pick a unpheromoned scent he likes then boost it with the pheromone blend you like so its a finished product. So for example, Love Potion #9 boosted w/Heart Throb that normally doesnt come with pheromones.... He would wear it due to the scent he likes but it just would also have pheromones. It may also be possible in some cases to take something like Mark Girl Nip if she has more ingredients for it and boost it with say Heart Throb instead of the perfect match, just ask mara whatever you'd like. She has quite a bit of customization options, especially as a private edition. Good Luck!

Edited by datadragon

Heart Throb including of course Dark Desires w/Heart Throb you like have copulins, they are just covered by the scent but part of what creates what you like about it and the turn on effect in that mix... They are synthetic lol... Having a sweet woman to sit on my face every morning before I work out is far better imo.... :Emoticons04235:

This would be a mix that you use when just together since they are heavy attraction/sexual. Smooth Operator and Pashazade are the current heart throb mixes and both are good but everyones opinion on scents is different...

If he wont separately apply a unscented phero and the scent you already have to cover it, then you simply pick a unpheromoned scent he likes then boost it with the pheromone blend you like so its a finished product. So for example, Love Potion #9 boosted w/Heart Throb that normally doesnt come with pheromones.... He would wear it due to the scent he likes but it just would also have pheromones. It may also be possible in some cases to take something like Mark Girl Nip if she has more ingredients for it and boost it with say Heart Throb instead of the perfect match, just ask mara whatever you'd like. She has quite a bit of customization options, especially as a private edition. Good Luck!

I know she would, I just like so many of the pairings that I really don't think I need something special made, I'm just trying to find a pre-phero'd men's sample that isn't green. He also has Teddy Man and Bad Boy and a few others we like on him, including LP #9. I think maybe what I'm not explaining clearly is that I don't actually know if i like Heart Throb or the heavier sexual mones because I can't smell the forest for the cedar trees. He has Smooth Operator and Pashazade and Kingmaker, and they all have cedar variants, so does Elementary. I'm willing to try Voracious again, if he's no where near me for dry down because I don't like leather until 30 minutes later. I'd like Super, he hates maple. So I'm totally cool with all the PM pairings so far, I'm sure I'll love Cuddle Musk, too. I'm also very fond of Open Arms, I just want to find something to sample with those heavier mones that doesn't have cedar or leather. I want to decide if the phero works for me before committing to phero bombing an otherwise lovely scent.

Edited by Eastwood22

• 4 months later...

Random Excalibur compliment of the day...

I’m getting my daily infusion when a couple nurses come into my nook.  One says to the other, “Mmmm...  it smells good in here!  Like a man’s bath and body works.  I wish I knew what that is.”  As the other nurse is nodding in agreement I said, “Actually, that may be me...” ?

Hiya Snoopyace,

I hope you feel better and a great compliment like that will set you in the right direction for sure. I need more testing on my trial size. 

• 1 year later...

LOVE how this smells once it dries down.  A clean green but mostly woodsy scent.  I was wearing this today while sitting in a waiting room and being the only guy it was pretty obvious to the 3 women sitting in there who smelled like a guy.  One woman commented on how good something smelled and then the other two chimed in about how it smelled like a sexy man forest in there.  :D

I made a point of asking if they thought they were smelling me and they all had to come and sniff me.  Yup, they all agreed that it was me.  I should mention that I was wearing two sprays from the 60/40 spray version and that it is boosted with The Love God so that will also make a big difference but the scent by itself is a winner for me.  A little goes a long way when it comes to Excalibur, always remember that and you'll be in awesome shape.

• 6 months later...

I cannot believe that 10 years ago on December 16th, this was my first product reviewed.  A LOT has changed in that time.  Excalibur, however is still one of my 4 go to scents.  LP: Homme, UN for Men, LP #9 and Excalibur.  (Honorable mention to Adam's Nectar but that is a limited edition scent).  That is one of the reasons I love Excalibur so much.  I know that I can rely on it still being available. 

Oh, and I still get all sorts of compliments on this scent!  A little projects a long way, even with the oil but it is just such a classic green scent that everyone (regardless of age) really seems to love the smell of on me!

@Potion Master Thanks for ten years of helping me to smell amazing!  :Emoticons10311:

• 1 year later...

I am still amazed at how this continues to be a favorite scent of mine even after all this time.  I never get tired of wearing it and it always draws compliments.  It starts out very green on my skin with a hint of wood (hehe hehehehe) and then as it dries down it turns a bit more woodsy without losing it's green.  What fascinates me is how over time, on my skin the scent sweetens up a bit and has a sort of honey note that comes in as well.  Not only is it a great clean, green scent in it's own right but even when 'dirtied up' with pheromones, it is still a wonderfully masculine clean and green scent.  I love catching a whiff of myself occasionally because I literally think, 'What smells so good?'  then I realize.  It's me! :Emoticons10311:

• 3 months later...

Every. Guy. Needs this in their Arsenal!!!! As a woman, I'm here to tell you that this works a little too well! This scent on my bf is intoxicating and there's a definite confidence boost with him from wearing it.

You will not regret buying this.

On 6/23/2021 at 9:45 PM, Vika said:

Every. Guy. Needs this in their Arsenal!!!! As a woman, I'm here to tell you that this works a little too well! This scent on my bf is intoxicating and there's a definite confidence boost with him from wearing it.

You will not regret buying this.

Awesome!  I'm glad you like it!  I know the women in my life really like this scent.

• 2 months later...

I just love this scent.  Masculine.  Green.  Woodsy.  Classic.  

It really is a great scent.  It also pairs quite well with The Love God.  I was wearing Excalibur boosted with The Love God today and had a very nice day.  It was a much  more upbeat and snuggly day than yesterday.  Yesterday was phero free and BRUTAL.

• 3 months later...

I ran out of my Aja and never got anymore but when I had it, I found it really did add a great dirty, sexy vibe to the scents.  I wore it with several mens scents, by the way.

• 3 months later...

I'm super glad I picked this one up from you @Snoopyace as it's one of my favorite fragrances I've ever owned. The name couldn't be more appropriate since every time I wear it it envokes images of galiant knights on a quest through a foggy english forest of moss and danger. I literally picture certain scenes of Monty Python and The Quest For The Holy Grail 😂.  I fully intend to get more boosted with other phero blends.

On 4/26/2022 at 7:40 PM, CptnKielbasa said:

I'm super glad I picked this one up from you @Snoopyace as it's one of my favorite fragrances I've ever owned. The name couldn't be more appropriate since every time I wear it it envokes images of galiant knights on a quest through a foggy english forest of moss and danger. I literally picture certain scenes of Monty Python and The Quest For The Holy Grail 😂.  I fully intend to get more boosted with other phero blends.

I'm glad you are liking it!  :Emoticons10311: