Robert's Attacked in the Stacks

Robert

My first PE! I ordered a bottle with Drop Your Guard and was gifted a second with Charisma (Actor's Magic for Men). *squeal*

At first, I get the tartness of the red currant and the warm, earthiness of the spiced mahogany. After a while, there's a musky, vanilla tobacco smell...yummy!

So Robert, this sounds delicious but I'm afraid it's going to end up too masculine for me...would it be suitable for a woman, or is it predominantly a male scent?

it seems very male to me, but maybe layering it with something else might help? i know swbookworm ordered some, i wonder what she might get from it.

it seems very male to me, but maybe layering it with something else might help? i know swbookworm ordered some, i wonder what she might get from it.

I tried it and really like it. I get a lot of the spice and tobacco but really don't think it's TOO masculine. Take it with a grain of salt because I like the more unisex scents like Mapacho, but I think it would work fine for women. It's not sweet which is a plus.

I tried it and really like it. I get a lot of the spice and tobacco but really don't think it's TOO masculine. Take it with a grain of salt because I like the more unisex scents like Mapacho, but I think it would work fine for women. It's not sweet which is a plus.

Thanks for trying it, SWB! On me, with the Charisma boosted one, I feel all "The professor is in, let's work on that 'A'!". :)

Lol@ Robert :) I hope I get a sniffee to try on my husband. His skin usually takes the brightest note & amps it. Sweet Revenge on him turns masculine citrus. So I wonder how his skin will do with current?

At first, I get the tartness of the red currant and the warm, earthiness of the spiced mahogany. After a while, there's a musky, vanilla tobacco smell...yummy!

This sounds like it would be right up Cheezy's alley :)

Sounds very interesting. Another one for my list! :)

• 3 weeks later...

I'd gotten a sniffie of this one and decided to try it out a few days ago so this review is overdue (sorry!)

On me the mahogany really comes out and smells very masculine yet happy and not too serious. It sounds odd but to me this is a very happy, upbeat scent. I went about my day and every once in a while I'd catch a wiff of this and think, 'wow, what smells so good?' Then I'd remember that it was me. The scent kept sneaking up on me. I'd forget I had it on and I'd catch a sniff. Put me in a good mood all day. By the end of the day I'd classified this in my mind as a masculine yet flirty kind of scent. Appropriate for daytime but still fun for nighttime. Thumbs up!

I'd gotten a sniffie of this one and decided to try it out a few days ago so this review is overdue (sorry!)

On me the mahogany really comes out and smells very masculine yet happy and not too serious. It sounds odd but to me this is a very happy, upbeat scent. I went about my day and every once in a while I'd catch a wiff of this and think, 'wow, what smells so good?' Then I'd remember that it was me. The scent kept sneaking up on me. I'd forget I had it on and I'd catch a sniff. Put me in a good mood all day. By the end of the day I'd classified this in my mind as a masculine yet flirty kind of scent. Appropriate for daytime but still fun for nighttime. Thumbs up!

oh, thanks for the review. i got a little sniffie of yours, too.

• 3 weeks later...

I begged and pleaded a sniffee of this. Now of course the minute I got the package home, I yanked it out and dabbled it on the DH. At first the gorgeous currant came out, then after about 1/2 hour it seemed to go all wonky. Granted, it may have been travel shock, and DH was wearing 5 different things at the time (he says sometimes he feels like the perfume version of a pin cushion). I was dashed. How could something with such marvelous notes go wrong.

Next day, after DH left, I put a touch on my hand. WOWSERS. I fell in love with myself all over again. Whispered sweet nothings in my ear, baked myself a valentine's cake, told myself how beautiful I was...

No really, I like this! I could wear it myself, though it does have a masculine edge. To me it smells like maleness, like a tailors shop. The touch of currant really plays well off of the mahogany, and it finishes off with tobacco - how can you go wrong?

DH dashed off this morning already drenched in Bodice Ripper, but I'm going to corral him when he gets home. No matter - he may have to pry this out of my little claws.

Edited by Pony

I'm glad you at least like it on you, Pony. I'm wearing some of the Charisma-boosted one right now. It tends to morph back and forth on my skin in some cool ways. Tangy currant, then spicy wood, tangy currant again, settling into vanilla tobacco...mmm.

After giving it a couple days to settle, DH tried this one again. Oh this is ever so nice. It has a sleekness about it, topped with a cheeky kiss of currant. For the first hours the mahogany and currant play off of each other - as Robert noted - with the deeper vanilla & tobacco holding it together. Then it finishes off with a slightly wood-tinged vanilla tobacco.

It has an air of casual sophistication to it. I really enjoy it on DH. And of course I liked wearing it too, though it's a little masculine for me to wear in public - it was more that I wore it and it reminded me of DH in his absence. Which is nice.

• 4 weeks later...

Quince was gifted with a sniffee, heh...but of course that means I get to try it first!

This is soooo cuuute (just like our Robert)! I love the red currant of course, it's one of my favorite of M&D's notes, and then in the drydown the vanilla musk and pipe tobacco meld together so nicely with the spiced mahogany giving it a smooth slighty spicy finish. I think Q might say this is too "young" for him but I'd happily wear it, and anyone else who enjoys wearing masculine fragrances you should give it a try, it's definitely sexy and flirty for either gender.

Thanks for the nice review Miss J!

:)

Quince was gifted with a sniffee, heh...but of course that means I get to try it first!

This is soooo cuuute (just like our Robert)! I love the red currant of course, it's one of my favorite of M&D's notes, and then in the drydown the vanilla musk and pipe tobacco meld together so nicely with the spiced mahogany giving it a smooth slighty spicy finish. I think Q might say this is too "young" for him but I'd happily wear it, and anyone else who enjoys wearing masculine fragrances you should give it a try, it's definitely sexy and flirty for either gender.

• 3 months later...

This is definitely NOT just for men! Actually on me it's pleasantly sweet and woody with the red currant and vanilla musk enveloping a background of soft spicy woods. No Illustrious Cedar of Death at all. There is nothing particularly manly about this on my skin, because I tend to amp sweeter notes, so I think a bottle may be in my future. :)

Augh, I love these notes, but I'm the opposite of you Invi- I *amp* wood. (That sounds vaguely naughty) and it tends to drown out everything else. I smell like a well-worn cane. Not sexy. Otherwise this sounds fabulous...

No Illustrious Cedar of Death at all.

There's no cedar in it, actually.

I think this one has a really good balance between all the notes. I wish Q didn't think it was "too young" because I love the way it smells on him.

This is definitely NOT just for men! Actually on me it's pleasantly sweet and woody with the red currant and vanilla musk enveloping a background of soft spicy woods. No Illustrious Cedar of Death at all. There is nothing particularly manly about this on my skin, because I tend to amp sweeter notes, so I think a bottle may be in my future. ;)

Aww, thanks! :)

There's no cedar in it, actually.

I think this one has a really good balance between all the notes. I wish Q didn't think it was "too young" because I love the way it smells on him.

Yup, no cedar, but a spiced mahogany that evokes the smell of a library table to me.

Augh, I love these notes, but I'm the opposite of you Invi- I *amp* wood. (That sounds vaguely naughty) and it tends to drown out everything else. I smell like a well-worn cane. Not sexy. Otherwise this sounds fabulous...

I amp many woods actually, but I got lucky in this case (also vaguely naughty) :lol:

• 3 weeks later...

I ordered a bottle with Tranquility Potion added, smells great in the bottle, sweet & woody.

This is a warm and comforting, maple-y scent on my skin.

Update almost a year later: The resins have aged beautifully, it's a little sweeter & smokier now and absolutely delicious!

Edited by perfumesniffer

• 1 month later...

Fawn kindly sent me a sniffy of this. My skin eats it pretty fast, but I AM IN LOVE. Just tobacco and woods at first, then settled down to wafty alternations of spice, wood and vanilla, with the slightest hints of tobacco. Very sweet and warm throughout. Never got any currant. I NEED A BOTTLE OF THIS *NOW*.

ETA omg, the more I snorf this, the more it is giving me an 'I AM IN LOVE' feeling. I don't mean that I'm in love with the scent, though I am. I mean that it is literally making me feel that "high" of being in love, period -- the way people say chocolate does.

MARA, would it be just too bizarro to boost this with EoW? If not, do you think it's a good enough cover?

Edited by tyvey

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

This is an amazing scent.Its very well balanced between the vanilla musk and the tobacco notes and is super addictive(^_^)Cant help sniffing yourself everytime the scent drifts past you.Can definitely see it as a unisex one,it smells just as nice on my mum.The vanilla musk adds some sweetness but its not too sweet and is just right.Could see it having a great draw factor and would get people interested in what your wearing very,very fast(:-p)It lasts long too,could still smell it 7 hours later which was a good thing and put a smile on my face everytime it did(^_^)

Yay Meng! You finally tried it! I'm so glad you liked this one - it smells so amazing! :) It's much, much sexier than I expected it to be.

Yup,it is amazing and is definitely very very sexy(^_^)Even my mum loves the scent,lol.With some pheromones under it,i think it would almost be unfairly attractive and addictive(:-p)

Gahhh...I know I have a sniffie of this somewhere,I remember liking it a lot,then getting distracted with a new one :lol: ...mmmmm,must find,will be aged into perfection...oh yeah a boost into this of any favorite blend would be stunning!

Yeah, I'm not sure what I expected this one to smell like - paper or something, maybe? I was happily surprised when I slopped it onto BF's arm. He was too. I'm forever putting perfume on him these days, even the girly ones - so he's used to being accosted with tester sticks, but when I went at him with this, he was all, "Hey! What's that one?" It really caught his attention. And mine.

Yes, I think you're right about a pheromone addition. That would be totally unfair. The smell of this one already makes me weak in the knees! :lol: Do it!!!

Haha,already have some unscented pheromones i can wear under it.Not sure whether my first full bottle will be this or LP Homme though since this smells so amazing(:-p)

Gahhh...I know I have a sniffie of this somewhere,I remember liking it a lot,then getting distracted with a new one :lol: ...mmmmm,must find,will be aged into perfection...oh yeah a boost into this of any favorite blend would be stunning!

That is cool about the aging.Will be interesting if the scents change over time(^_^)

Yeah, I'm not sure what I expected this one to smell like - paper or something, maybe? I was happily surprised when I slopped it onto BF's arm. He was too. I'm forever putting perfume on him these days, even the girly ones - so he's used to being accosted with tester sticks, but when I went at him with this, he was all, "Hey! What's that one?" It really caught his attention. And mine.

Its definitely a pleasant suprise.The name doesnt quite inspire the awesomeness of what it is(:-p)

That is cool about the aging.Will be interesting if the scents change over time(^_^)

Oh they certainly do !!! ...they get richer and fuller,one of the joys of artesian creations :hearts09793:

...still have not found mine,but sure got distracted looking for it and trying others :lol:

Oh they certainly do !!! ...they get richer and fuller,one of the joys of artesian creations :hearts09793:

...still have not found mine,but sure got distracted looking for it and trying others :lol:

Thats really nice about them ^_^ Definitely looking forward to it happening to mine,although ill probably end up using up all of my favorites before i see that happen to them.Always fun to go treasure hunting,lots of hidden treasures tend to get unearthed :P