Mixing silicone phero with LP oil

OK, here's the plan.......

LP Red oil.....Unscented Blatant Invitation in a silicone base....Combining the two.

I'd like to mix a bit of the Blatant Invitation in with the LP Red but I'm wondering about mixing an oil with a silicone. Will this work? I'm assuming it will be a mixture I will have to shake each time before I use it. Is it best to let it sit for a while before trying? Just a bit confused about combining the two mediums.

OK, here's the plan.......

LP Red oil.....Unscented Blatant Invitation in a silicone base....Combining the two.

I'd like to mix a bit of the Blatant Invitation in with the LP Red but I'm wondering about mixing an oil with a silicone. Will this work? I'm assuming it will be a mixture I will have to shake each time before I use it. Is it best to let it sit for a while before trying? Just a bit confused about combining the two mediums.

What's going to happen is dilution of the scent because you're adding all that extra silicone. Also, dilution of the phero because you're adding all the oil. And it would have to be shaken but it's going to be diluted, or at least I think it would be. If you were going for an ounce spray bottle with 20ml of perfumers alcohol then you could pour either in and it would be fine. You might be able to go down to 10ml of alcohol and add the red and BI, but I would think you'd still need to shake it before application and with that little alcohol it might not diffuse well and might clog the spray nozzle. Not sure though.

Potion Master (Mara) might have a better idea. I'm just basing this on my own experiments.

Hmm the ratio for conversion of LP perfume to parfum is 2:1, if you want to mix a DIY phero/LP spray. I would keep the alcohol @ 20ml, 5ml Red, 5ml BI. The oils & pheros are both pretty concentrate, in spray form less is more. I think w/out any alcohol the pheros would blend with oil. However as SG said, you will be forever shaking the C5 & DYG bases together : )

You'll have to shake it because it won't blend permanently, and yeah, it will dilute it a bit which is not a bad thing, but might change the character of which notes come out the strongest on your skin (that's what I noticed when I diluted RED...different things came to the top on my skin than normal). If you let it sit a few days, it will become richer smelling after the scent molecules blend in with the silicone, but you can still wear it right away.

Thanks for all the help! I'm ok with having to shake it. I've gotten used to shaking the unscented silicone pheros prior to application already anyway. Diluting the scent isn't a bad thing either. Since it's LP Red I'm going to be using I'm assuming it will end up smelling a bit more like OCCO Red. I like the smell of OCCO Red. It's a lot like LP Red but with less ...I dunno..."umph" & cinnamon. It seems a bit sweeter & softer. I like it a lot. I wouldn't mind it retaining a bit more of the cinnamon smell than the OCCO Red has but I really like the extra sweetness. If my first attempt at mixing comes out anything even remotely close to that smell, then I'll be happy as a clam :P

Thanks for all the help! I'm ok with having to shake it. I've gotten used to shaking the unscented silicone pheros prior to application already anyway. Diluting the scent isn't a bad thing either. Since it's LP Red I'm going to be using I'm assuming it will end up smelling a bit more like OCCO Red. I like the smell of OCCO Red. It's a lot like LP Red but with less ...I dunno..."umph" & cinnamon. It seems a bit sweeter & softer. I like it a lot. I wouldn't mind it retaining a bit more of the cinnamon smell than the OCCO Red has but I really like the extra sweetness. If my first attempt at mixing comes out anything even remotely close to that smell, then I'll be happy as a clam :beggingpleasesmiley:

I have done this with a couple of my bottle of unscented pheros....just to add some scent to them.....works pretty well as long as you shake before applying!