Temptasia

Dolly

So, I saw the big mail delivery truck drive by my house, waited an hour or so, and went off to harass the Post Office workers to scourge the back and find my package!!

Temptasia has something in it, that on my skin, when wet, smells almost EXACTLY like Empress of Persica.....not that this is a bad thing.....I love Empress! After it dries, I get more of the pepper and ginger......and there is just a floral hint in the background....pepper in the forefront....very unusual, and very nice.....this would definitely be a head-turner......

I'm not sure if its the ginger or the pepper that I'm smelling...something spicy, anyway. Spicy with a sweet undertone, like a cinnamon caramel almost. Not really cinnamon-y, but just the same amount of spiciness. I don't get any floral from it myself, but a couple of others have mentioned I smell a little 'flower-y'. I just love this one.

There are FAR too many potions I want-- I started scribbling a list back when I first started browsing (on a scrap of wrapping paper for some reason), and it's getting ridiculous. I'm going to type it up so I don't feel quite so silly. Plus, then I can organize it and make the names into links to the descriptions! Yay!

OMG !!! I LOVE THIS !!! ordering another bottle !!

eta: um hm.... I LUVS THIS ONE !

Edited by liz

Ginger is definitely popular right now, and I don't particularly relish smelling like a spice rack.

This goes way beyond that. I could hardly even pick out the spice notes here. It is smooth and yet eyeopening. Lovely blend with just the slightest sweet softness that I would guess is the floral/amber combo.

It stays very close on me, and doesn't last much past an hour or two. It's ephemeral but beautiful.

Edited by Pony

Wow, it seems each one of this month's new releases is better than the other and vice versa! This has a heat to it like Heart of Fire does, but in a differnet way; it's creamy and sweetly resinous at the same time with a nice zing of ginger with just a hint of pepper; this is by no means extremely peppery because the pepper is just blended in so well. Whatever damiana smells like on its own, I detect some sort of sensuous floral underneath everything so that must be it. Very foody-sexy, something I always LOVE :(

Edited by Invidiana

I have this one on today, all day, all by itself. Which is a more definitive test.

It is indescribably lovely! Such a smooth, florally amber, with just enough spice to warm it up. I dabbed it on the backs of my hands and I can't stop sniffing them.

Really gorgeous.

This was much more gourmand on me than I expected, but the ginger is really creamy to me, I'm thinking the floral aspects are giving it that kind of aura so it's spicy but it's spice tempered by a really smooth base, a very demure sort of warmth. This is the one which is really cozy to me, it feels more like a fall scent, or one for when the day is chilly.

• 2 weeks later...

This one was spicy & nice, but left me wanting more. I kind of wanted it to be warmer & last a little longer on me. Oh well. That's why I order the samples!

• 1 month later...

This one is very creamy on me. I really like it-- the amber gives it a sophisticated air, and the flowers add a lovely sweetness. The spices are hiding in the background, but if I concentrate a little, I can pick them out.

Delicious!

• 4 weeks later...

I just checked the notes and am shocked there is no cream, vanilla or other overtly foody element in here. Wet, it was INTENSELY, richly, full-bodiedly foody, reminded me of a very fatty ice cream, which of course I *loved*. I got no floral at all, and maybe just the faintest hint of ginger. ITA with the Empress of Persica impression - I got peach too.

Now a few hours later it has mellowed and complexified into a fabulously unusual, can't-put-finger-on-it, luxurious-feeling blend. I don't think most people would be able to pick out any notes, it's so smooth and, as Kovvy said, sophisticated. only because I know it's in there, I can pick out peony and ginger.

Neither the pepper nor the ginger has been 'hot' or 'spicy' on me AT ALL. I only get ginger and it's verrrrrrry mellow. It doesn't sting, it purrs.

I would so get a bottle of this if I had any money left after recent mad flurry of purchases.

Edited by tyvey

• 5 weeks later...

Finally got around to trying this. It smells like scented Cougar on me. Maybe half a notch down from that sharp spice and a notch down on the fruit. Cozy enough for sleeping.

• 4 months later...

I had a similar response to Tyvey. This was very foody on me, almost like a carmelized sugar with a bit of ginger. (For former BPALers, it reminded me a bit of of Cockaigne.)

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

This scent has aged beautifully. It goes on soft, and gently blooms on my skin into a resinous and slightly fruity scent. Pepper is sweet on my skin, which may be why it doesn't smell spicy. It wore well and stayed soft.

• 3 weeks later...

I really like this one. It's very gourmand on me, yummy! It has a warmth, creaminess and sweetness that is truly delish! It reminds me of a pumpkin scent (probably the ginger) without the pumpkin!