FERAL

Dolly

AD-Feral.jpg

Feral

Wild with a mysterious dark power… Something waited in the woods for her, something in the shadows which made her wonder, desire to stray from the path into the trees, into the primordial aroma of wood and earth, a faint sweetness from wild berries, the fresh green of the leaves and grass. Life and death, abundance and decline. Her heart thudded in time with her footsteps as she moved towards the revelation of her curiosity. The scent of something untamed, someone who was unlike anyone she’d ever known, called her onward. A howl echoed through the air as she waited, breathless, for the predator to meet his prey.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:
BLACKBERRY ~ Healing, money attraction, protection.
SPICES ~ Lust, love, invigoration.
MOSSES ~ Luck enhancing, financial success, protection, charity.
GRASSES ~ Pleasure, blissfulness, attraction, stamina, courage, strength, healing.
VANILLA ~ Aphrodisiac, inspires happiness, playfulness, sexual arousal, lust, vitalizing.
SANDALWOOD ~ Love, exotic, sensual atmospheric, aphrodisiac, healing, spirituality, exorcism.
CEDAR ~ Confidence inducing, balancing, grounding, energizing, money, healing, protection, purification.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

OK, so I am testing today.....I am not usually into greener-type scents, but this one I like! It is green, but not overly so, if that makes sense!

After it dries, it has the green almost buried in vanilla, spice and woody notes.....the green peeks out every now and then.....I don't get much blackberry, but maybe it will poke its head out later....this one is very interesting! I likey!!!

yay!

thanks Dolly, I cant even wait to get mine.

sounds like everything I hoped it would be!

oh,please let mine get here today.....

ok...mine came today.

washed off anything from the morn and tried on the Feral.

waited about 10 minutes.....waiting for the woods to sharpen.....nothing!

I get light woods, light berry, the cream note and green that was apparent upon application faded off and whats left is heaven.

only very slight green and cream, floating in and out...but mostly berry and wood.

I want more of this before its gone.

I need more Feral.

Lor, does it feel at all like Bosom Bows?

yes and no.

the no part is because it really is a different scent.

the berry takes it in a different direction,and i mistook the vanilla for cream (mixed with the berry at first it smelled more creamy) ...

yes in the way that it isnt a foody scent (like its beginning to sound) but more of a woodsy-finish, which I ADORE.

I like this one as much as Bosom Bows.

Definately.

I don't get any woods at all. On me it almost smells exactly Stealing Xmas.

For me green scents *are* rather hit-or-miss... LOVE LP: Green, but somehow Frog did not work out for me, and Cocamama did. Usually the *dark* ones (mosses, chyphres) are good. I was really unsure which side of the fence this one would fall to - the woods notes winning over the 'fresh' greens? Berries over all?

Well, like a feral, it took a while to come around...don't be quick to declare this one a winner or not. Give it time to cozy up to your skin and settle down.

Wet, the berries were most prominent. My skin amps fruits too, so I was hoping that would not be the ONLY note to sound off. The fresh ('pulpy' is how it smells to me) grasses - they didn't go odd at all, instead they blended with the berry notes..came around with a drop of vanilla sweetness in the end.

There is a woodsy feel to it at the heart when it's had an hour or so to meld to your skin. It's cozy... I feel very prrrrrr wearing it. I don't know how these ladies do it, melding green to sweet to woods to berry...and coming up with YUM!

I agree with you,katz.

everything you just said there.

my only complaint with this one is that I burn right through it.

I have been reapplying it all day (humid,rainy,in 40's).

I love the smell so much though that I would get more if I could,

just so that I can keep applying, but there are scents that last a bit longer on me.

I smell right now like im in the woods near berry bushes but theres nothing foody going on.

i love this.

I'm gonna let you all know that the master bottles of this have MUY vanilla resin in them. It does not emulsify completely for a while, and as time goes on the vanilla will deepen in all the bottles, but the end of the masters will be darker in color, and perhaps thicker. I blended the fragrance this way so as a feral cat grows darker as she ages, so shall the brew.

This is something that I have been working on for quite a while, a fragrance that actually changes over time-perhaps to become a hybrid fragrance. It will retain all of the original, yet a darker aspect will eventually take over a bit. Hope you all enjoy it!

I agree with you,katz.

everything you just said there.

my only complaint with this one is that I burn right through it.

I have been reapplying it all day (humid,rainy,in 40's).

I love the smell so much though that I would get more if I could,

just so that I can keep applying, but there are scents that last a bit longer on me.

I smell right now like im in the woods near berry bushes but theres nothing foody going on.

i love this.

Yeah, mine disappeared around the 5-hour mark which for me, is fine...(desert DRY and 60's weather here) but I might consider getting a lotion made for this one, and layering! Mmmm, can't you imagine slathering this on in a super-rich lotion?

I'm gonna let you all know that the master bottles of this have MUY vanilla resin in them. It does not emulsify completely for a while, and as time goes on the vanilla will deepen in all the bottles, but the end of the masters will be darker in color, and perhaps thicker. I blended the fragrance this way so as a feral cat grows darker as she ages, so shall the brew.

This is something that I have been working on for quite a while, a fragrance that actually changes over time-perhaps to become a hybrid fragrance. It will retain all of the original, yet a darker aspect will eventually take over a bit. Hope you all enjoy it!

enjoy it?

its starting a cult-following.

my sister came over and slathered, I almost grabbed the bottle out of her hands.

The last time I enjoyed a scent THIS much was Bosom Bows (although Bastet will always be number one).

im still hoping there will be more by the time I rob the bank.....

Tried this one today after I mugged the (young, cute) mailman, & ripped open the package with my bare hands (GRRRRRR!).

Wow, this is nice, soft, sweet & a bit of spiciness. Comfy spiciness though, like vanilla & cinnamon sugar. A bit innocent on me, with a nice creamy drydown....

I think that this one would also be appropriate for work.

Wow Sinister! I can't wait 'till it morphs over time - it is such a beauty! You're such an amazing smellies artist! :bow:

my bottle isnt going to get a chance to morph.

Guess you'll have to get a second one for stashing!

First blast on me ws "Holy Vetiver, Batman!" or something similar. Wonder where that came from?

After a few minutes it settled into a lovely, balanced scent. Not really green to my nose, but soft and soothing. Sandalwood is very hit or miss with me, but I don't get soapiness or harshness. This is like a soft caress, with a hint of earthiness, but not GREEN.

I was cautious because of the notes in this one, but it really blooms nicely on me. I'm sure DH would love it too, since vanilla and cedar really turn his crank.

I love this, because it's straight-up juicy blackberry on me. In the beginning there is something green going on, but more of a dark foresty green than a grassy green, along with the blackberry, but the blackberry quickly comes to the foreground leaving just a trace of woodsiness behind. As opposed to the dessert blackberry That Kind of Girl is, this is a ripe fresh-picked blackberry with just the right amount of tartness. It's fresh and dark at the same time, if that makes any sense at all, and warms up as it dries down. Gorgeous!

This is definitely my new favorite. I wear it all the time when I'm just bummin' around being "ME". It's like an old broken in sweatshirt (thank goodness it doesn't smell like one!) it just makes me feel cozy.....

Love it!

For me the blackberry is only a brief topnote (this has a gourmand impression in the vial but not on my skin) giving way to the green and woods...the green aspect sort of reminds me of LP Green, but this is different for me than something like FROG or Eye of the Storm, which have a watery aspect. This is more of a dense dry sort of forest, with the vanilla as a deep dusky note, not sweet but inherently vanilla nonetheless. It actually reminds me somewhat of Lorien's Forest Floor but without the floral/fresh green aspect.

Quince really liked this one, he made the sad kitteh face but I said I needed more time to live with it before he could have it, I was surprised because I thought the berry note would scare him off but he couldn't even smell it (figures, lol).

• 1 year later...

Interestingly the blackberry is much stronger on me now than it used to be: rich and slightly tart. I do get a bit of a darker feel in the wood/green aspect but I think it wears softer on me than it did previously.

• 2 months later...

I had to slather this on to smell much more than the blackberry, but mmmm. I was considering putting this in my trading pile, but I'll keep it for longer. First I get tangy blackberries with an undercurrent of dark forest greens, just the barest hint of them, really. A little woodsy, and I can catch a hint of the vetiver, which I am becoming a whore for. As the day goes on I can smell the vanilla mingling with the blackberries to make a dark, sweet berry scent. This lasts a looonnngg time on me.

• 2 years later...

This one caught me totally off guard. Wet, I got kind of a wonky green smell... didn't hate it, didn't love it either. Within 60 seconds it becomes more citrusy berry with a little touch of vanilla. Five minutes in I can't stop huffing my arm... spice and a little woods, tang of blackberry, smooth vanilla, and the wonky green is now a soothing cool crisp new green. I want MORE so I go back to re-slather, then the whole process begins again... wonky green, berry, lemony, vanilla and wham! Nirvana when it all comes together. It doesn't last on me as long as I'd like - but while it's there it is absolutely one of my favs.

• 6 months later...

I got 2 bottles of this as Free Gifts in my orders. With that much to play with, I decided to make my own mix by adding 1/3 Totem : Tiger to 2/3 Feral. Win !!! I was finding the Feral to be extremely mild, like a woodsy/berry sneaky clean type of scent. And the Tiger a bit too strong in the cinnamon for everyday wear. But the two intents (both feline) and one strong with one mild scent...quite brilliant of myself, if I do say so myself.

The first posts on this date back to 2010. Sadly I cannot say whether this scent has morphed over time as it's my first exposure to it, But yes, there is some mild vanilla there.

• 4 years later...

Have this sample for years but have only used it a couple of times and a little goes a long way. 

The sample has turned into a deep reddish brown liquid but I can't tell if it has thickened over the years. I'm not sure what spices went into the Feral but with the combination of the berry, greens and cedar peeking every now and then, it gives me a rather perfumery scent to it.