Ravished

Dolly

I have to say that I am greatly surprised by this one.....

Ylang usually goes awry on my skin......sometimes, just a little wierd, and sometimes totally rank.....my skin amps it and it is never a good thing! UNTIL NOW.

Ravished when wet is serious ylang on me.....BUT, as it dried, it did not go wonky.....it is sweet and pretty and soft.....I don't get the sharp floral that ylang usually morphs to on me, so maybe it is either another variety of ylang, or the cinnamon and pimento take the edge off.....

I am going to try my sample a few more times.....very nice thus far.....

Going on wet, Ravished hits me with a funny sort of candy scent. Not sure what that is. As it dries, I get almost a fizzy, effervescent feeling from it. At drydown, I can smell the ylang ylang. Not overpowering at all.

Wow, this is a really sexy floral. I've come to the conclusion that ylang ylang is definitely my friend. The spice just blends with is absolutely beautifully, not sharply peppery at all but adding just the right sultry kick to the lush, heady (but not overpowering) bed of ylang. It has a nearly foody quality to it too, which makes it all the more appealing. Let me just say that this, along wtih Southern Gothic 08, is one of the blends responsible for changing my mind about florals. If you don't normally "do" florals, you need to give this a try first. It's to die for!

Edited by Invidiana

Ylang is tricky. There are three kinds of common EO distillations. Just depends on what you are going for. This one is a complex distillation with like 7 or 8 years of ageing- oh wait no, I tell a lie- it's been on the age since 1997.

Awesome yes?

Ylang is tricky. There are three kinds of common EO distillations. Just depends on what you are going for. This one is a complex distillation with like 7 or 8 years of ageing- oh wait no, I tell a lie- it's been on the age since 1997.

Awesome yes?

Wow SG over a decade of aging no wonder it's so sensual! When I was younger I was one of those who'd scoff at most florals like 'flowers are for pansies' (pun intended)...clearly I had no freakin clue stuff like this existed! Then again back then I thought department store perfumes and BBW were my only options, so there ya go :thumb_up11:

• 2 months later...

Tried this today (thanks to Liz :aola: ) and raced here immediately to report, but as usual, Invidiana took the words out of my mouth:

Wow, this is a really sexy floral.

I have this on (alongside OCCO pink, granted) and it is giving me extremely work-inappropriate feelings. But in a languid, romantic, vacation-sex way, not a down-and-dirty raunchy way. Hard to explain.

I've come to the conclusion that ylang ylang is definitely my friend.

It has a nearly foody quality to it too

In dept store perfumes I find ylang ylang fusty and it gives me headaches. Even walking past the counter I'm like YEEECH. But in this (and in Christine's Yin Ylang) it is very warm, strangely CREAMY (especially wet) and yes, foody. I think its native sweetness, together with the cinnamon, is creating that impression. The sweetness reminds me of Cougar - it's an almost citrusy, very full bodied sweetness.

The pimento in the description scared me initially - I didn't want to smell like green olives (I know pimento doesn't smell like olives - I just couldn't get the association out of my head) and thought it would be a bizarre combo with the ylang - but I don't detect it at all. BOTTLE BOTTLE COME TO ME

Edited by tyvey

The ylang is indeed lovely although it's a bit much for me (white flowers make luna nervous), but anyone who loved Taxed or wanted to try it should give this one a spin, it's very much in that tradition of lush romantic floral.

• 6 months later...

Ylang usually doesn't work on my skin. This reminds me of root beer! It's different and I'm not sure if I would call this sexy on me. However, my daughter loves this and has taken the bottle away from me.

• 4 weeks later...

I have one word for this one... SEX. Pure SEX. This is like Organza Indecence but somehow more raw? I think its that pimento note. I think I might be a little too self conscious to wear this one out in public inducing naughty thoughts :lol:

That sounds so nice snowflake. I wish this worked on me but it doesn't. : ( I sound crazy but I can barely smell anything except a faint mustard seed scent, very very faint, weird. I'm like that with a few others though, like Compromising Positions I can barely detect once its on my skin. I must have a bad nose paired with bad chemistry, ah well.

Honeybee, so sad that you can't enjoy the ylang and cinnamon in Ravished. But isn't it interesting how different people's scent perceptions are? For example: compromising positions, which you mentioned, is also one of my favourite scents (full-bodied vanilla, very warm and sweet). My theory: different climate zones might be one of the reasons for different perceptions of scents. I'm living in a cold and mostly dry climate zone.

I decided to test this on my body this time. I applied a total of about 3 inches on my collar bone and spread a little on my wrist. It smells better than having to huff and puff at the back of hand. A soft and sweet scent which draws my attention every now and then.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I wore this to work today. I really don't get any spices from it. Not in the bottle, wet nor dry down. t's just a "sweet-tasting" floral scent to me. It turns slightly creamy and musky after a few hours and I needed to refresh in order to smell it again.