That Kind Of Girl....

Guest Lor

I tried this one on only 5 minutes ago.

Going on,its all tart berry....and brown sugar.

Its definately the most different foody scent I have...I think its the type of berry that is in this.

Its pretty simple...and a little bit addctive.

I want to keep smelling it, which is where I think the nibbling comes in.

This is definately a keeper,glad I opted for this one.

I feel like I really nailed the concept with this one, hee!

M&D have great berry notes/accords, they always work for me (I can really only think of one or two which did not) and I love the blackberry, it's got sort of a "fresh" quality to it which contributes to the sweet exterior while the other notes underneath make it sultry. You could throw a raging assload of cops/pheros in this one and have some fun, y'all!

PS: when the berry fades and the amber musk takes over, it is so very *purr*.

Edited by luna65

M&D have great berry notes/accords, they always work for me (I can really only think of one or two which did not) and I love the blackberry, it's got sort of a "fresh" quality to it which contributes to the sweet exterior while the other notes underneath make it sultry. You could throw a raging assload of cops/pheros in this one and have some fun, y'all!

A "raging assload"??? That sounds uncomfortable :mad:

Well this one doesn't like me at all. I've tried it 3 times in 2 days, and I always get the promise of creamy berries on a bed of wood while wet, but as soon as it dries I end up with screamin' sandalwood. Nothing else. Bummer.

Wow, if this isn't the juiciest, creamiest, sexiest blackberry confection ever. It starts out purely foody with dark juicy blackberries, sweet cream and sticky brown sugar and just gets better from there, because as it dries down the sandalwood, amber and come-hither finish of musk come out and make for one sexed-up dessert. I totally agree with Luna about M&D's berry notes/accords because they always seem to have the perfect balance of sweet and tart. Generally speaking some berry fragrances can venture towards pure sugar, and I need tartness in my berries. I love, love, love foody-sexy blends, and this is a total WIN for me!

Edited by Invidiana

"So deliciously demure with luscious brown sugar, vanilla and amber musk, topped by a tart tease of blackberry, That Kind of Girl is a classic delectable gourmand for any occasion: holding hands at the movies...and steaming up the windows in the car afterwards. He can nibble all he likes, as long as he knows he might be nibbled too...'cause you're that kind of girl!"

I thought this would be mainly brown sugar, vanilla & amber with a hinty of berry, but of course with my skin that amps fruit it's like a fruit explosion when first applied. Funnily enough though I really like it, which is rare for me and fruity scents, I pretty much only like/wear Eternal chain and The good witch that are fruity. There is something about this one that I like but I can't put my finger on it.

After initial dry down (~30mins) there is less fruit, and the amber & musk comes out more, but I still don't get any brown sugar or vanilla gourmand...

ETA: This one after complete dry down has no fruit at all... it's a woody, almost sweet floral similar to what I get from Southern Gothic 09...I can't quite describe it

Edited by Rosebud

I have worn this a few times already and I am adoring it.

I have had a chance to see what kind of longevity it has (I still smell it on me from last night) and it just keeps getting better.

Body heat over time just gives the berry something floral and tart, and hints of brown sugar waft in and out ....still....after a day has past.

So far,the berry ones are my friend.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Realizing that on me, sandalwood is like the bully fish that eats al the other fish in the tank. >:) at first it was all dark sexy come-eat-me berries, then within minutes it became sandalwood and nothing else and stayed that way. Tradey time. :)

• 9 months later...

I get a SHARP Berry CREAM scent... Me Think my skin doesn't agree to amber :wub:

• 4 months later...

Wow - I love this!

Musk + berries is pretty much always a wining combination on my skin, and I have sampled many similar scents over the years, but I have to say this is a new favourite.

At first, I didn't recognize the blackberry as such. It smelled more like raspberry to me, probably because the sugar and vanilla were masking its tartness. But once the sweeter notes mellowed down... mouthwatering blackberry!

I love that this blend is so straightforward. Although I dearly love blackberry, I am often disappointed in other perfumers' take on it - too many notes, too complicated, too eager to take a simple blackberry & musk base and turn it into a "concept".

But guess what, sometimes (most of the time, actually), I don't want "seductive-yet-cruel blackberry sitting in a silvery moonbeam, smiling an enigmatic Etruscan smile, while the forces of Good and Evil battle it out in the background". I just want a good gourmand blackberry scent - and That Kind of Girl is exactly that. Great wearlength too - well over 12 hours on me.

Wow - I love this!

Musk + berries is pretty much always a wining combination on my skin, and I have sampled many similar scents over the years, but I have to say this is a new favourite.

At first, I didn't recognize the blackberry as such. It smelled more like raspberry to me, probably because the sugar and vanilla were masking its tartness. But once the sweeter notes mellowed down... mouthwatering blackberry!

I love that this blend is so straightforward. Although I dearly love blackberry, I am often disappointed in other perfumers' take on it - too many notes, too complicated, too eager to take a simple blackberry & musk base and turn it into a "concept".

But guess what, sometimes (most of the time, actually), I don't want "seductive-yet-cruel blackberry sitting in a silvery moonbeam, smiling an enigmatic Etruscan smile, while the forces of Good and Evil battle it out in the background". I just want a good gourmand blackberry scent - and That Kind of Girl is exactly that. Great wearlength too - well over 12 hours on me.

You made this sound so intriguing! I so wanted to try it but alas...it is sold out!! I also have been looking for a good blackberry scent and will keep my nose open for something similar to this.

You made this sound so intriguing! I so wanted to try it but alas...it is sold out!! I also have been looking for a good blackberry scent and will keep my nose open for something similar to this.

Hi Cherie,

This is not sold out. We have 18 bottles in the cart, and 18 trial vials as well.

Hi Cherie,

This is not sold out. We have 18 bottles in the cart, and 18 trial vials as well.

OMG!! Thank you!! I love the name, I love the label and I love blackberry the way it is described here!!! I will def be getting a sample in my next order!! Thank you for letting me know, I was disappointed on that one!!

Wow - I love this!

:lol: WELL SAID, Ishtar!!!! OMG. "...enigmatic Etruscan smile." ACK! Heeeee!!! "...while Good and Evil..." ACK! Heeeeeeeee again!!! And besides all that, You've convinced me to try this one!!! Oh sh*t that is funny!!! :lol:

*picks self up off of floor and heads to the LP cart*

Edited by ElizabethOSP

• 4 weeks later...

"OH YEAH BABY!" is what I squealed to myself when I got into my sample of this. I ordered it based on Ishtars review and was not disappointed! I love this scent and it loves me!

I have tried other blackberries and there was always something annoying about them but everything about this one is perfect. Very tart blackberry at first and throughout the wearing the brown sugar/cream comes through to balance it out and make it very sexy. Or is that the amber? I am never sure what amber really smells like so it may be that that "sexes" this one up. It never gets too pie-ish...stays fruity and very feminine. It is very grown up fruity, not little girlish at all. It's just perfect to go out in all dressed up I think.

I wore it on two dates. The first guy is a regular of mine so he knows the drill...huff me and rate the LP...he said "THAT ONE IS ON MY TOP FIVE!!" :ph34r:

The second one is new to my dating lineup but had the good sense to tell me I smelled amazing without any provocation from me. He may be added to my regular dating rotation as will this beautiful scent! :)

"OH YEAH BABY!" is what I squealed to myself when I got into my sample of this.

Oh I am so glad you like it too! I'm wearing it as my bedtime scent tonight, so I'll join you in the olfactory celebration of blackberry.

PS: this second guy sounds like he has a discerning nose, so that's one point in his favour, I say ^_^

Thank you Goddesslynne!! And thank you Ishtar for your review!!!

LOL! I am going out with the second guy again tonight. He's a great dancer which is another plus besides his nose. The problem with my dating is I am not looking to replace my two regulars...these others that I date usually come and go when they realize that my "Confirmed Bachelorette" status is nonnegotiable. :frown: But this "good nose" guy is really hanging in there!! I'll be sorry to see him go when he inevitably gets irritated. :)

If I had extra money I would get That Kind of Girl boosted with Cougar I think!!

• 8 months later...

This has long been a favorite of mine. I love the sweet juiciness of the berry that I get when it's wet. It dries down to a nice almost powdery musk, which manages to stick around for awhile... I don't have a bottle, but I definitely am enjoying my sample vial!

• 1 year later...

I love this blend so much and when I saw your post that it would hold the cops, I decided I needed to pick up a second bottle of this enhanced with cops.... This is simply amazing and it makes me feel great when i wear it. The berries in this are just perfect and I love how all of the notes mingle together but do not overtake and one note....

For anyone who may wonder.. this is a beautiful sexy scent. Yea a boost of cops will make it even more so.

I have 2 FBs.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

OhmygooshIfeelawful!

I let this one fall off my radar completely! I've had it for months! If I recall correctly, it was suggested that I try it because I liked Lusty Licious so much (I had gone ga-ga over the blackberry - now one of my MOST favorite notes EVER!) I got it in my very next order and never - I really can't believe it - made a review....that's just plain WRONG. Bad me, Bad!

When I first put it on it was very sandalwood forward on a bed of blackberry. There's something that seems like spice to my nose, like holiday spices, but there are none listed in the notes :blink:

It DOES smell more perfume like than foodie to me - maybe it's the amber and musk? The blackberry gives it this hint of something sweet but it isn't what I would call a berry scent at all. Once the sandalwood settles down on me - about 15-20 minutes? - it gets all creamy and everything seems to smooth out and become this beautiful almost floral scent on me. Very strange and unique indeed! I'm not able to pick out the brown sugar but maybe that's because I'm associating it with the blackberry?

This is the one that I believe set off my radar for sandalwood scents. I had noticed that I had quite a few with sandalwood that I liked. And when I first tried this, the sandalwood was very forward - and I liked it quite a bit! I got the LAM!/BAM! in sandalwood and resins in one of my last orders so I guess it would be fair to say I'm now a fan. I think I believed woodsy scents would be too manly but apparently not so much.

That Kind of Girl is DEFINITELY not manly in any way shape or form! :lol:

I think I'm now a Blackberry kind of girl as well... I love all of the blends that have this note....

I can not say enough how much I love this one me... On me the sandalwood takes a back seat to the blackberry note, but I'm so good with that. To me this blend has that expensive, high end feel to it...so great

• 1 month later...

Wow, if this isn't the juiciest, creamiest, sexiest blackberry confection ever. It starts out purely foody with dark juicy blackberries, sweet cream and sticky brown sugar and just gets better from there, because as it dries down the sandalwood, amber and come-hither finish of musk come out and make for one sexed-up dessert. I totally agree with Luna about M&D's berry notes/accords because they always seem to have the perfect balance of sweet and tart. Generally speaking some berry fragrances can venture towards pure sugar, and I need tartness in my berries. I love, love, love foody-sexy blends, and this is a total WIN for me!

I completely agree! I'm pretty sure this was the first time I've tried a blackberry, why did I wait!?

Right off the bat it's fresh berries with a hint of the brown sugar, then the amber comes out...all of this within the first few minutes of applying. After dry-down the scent morphs into a wonderful berry with amber/resin mixture and no strange sandalwood amping for me. It's there in the scent on me but wonderfully mixed. I keep sniffing my wrist and do feel that nibbling could be an option, perfectly described.