Perfumer's Soap

goddesslynne

Perfumer's Soap - 4 oz.

This is the soap we make for ourselves here at the studio. It's for removing perfume. If you're one of those that likes to test a bunch of different scents all at once up and down your arms, and then you find it won't come off with regular soap, then this is for you. Unscented, made with coffee grounds and lots of good butters for softness. Works like a charm!

Yay for another soap for my collection! This is super-scrubby!! I'm using this for my upper arms and thighs, it's so scrubby I don't think I could use it anywhere else. Coffee is supposed to be great for cellulite, so, enough said!! The flip side isn't too scrubby at all.

I will have to try this sometime for perfume-removal.

• 3 weeks later...

OH yeah, it is great! And for those of you who have kids.....it removes Magic Markers too! My son came home the other day with blue marker halfway up his arm, and I was even resorting to a gentle nail polish remover, which wasn't working very well.....he got in the shower, and I told him to use that soap, and it took it all off!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...

WOW!!! I can not believe that the last post on this was back in 2010. I ordered a bar of this soap in my last haul. I had been curious about it for a long time. Yes. i wanted it to help with perfume scent removal, but to be truthful, I was more motivated by the fact that the description said that it could remove food odors. I am very strange about certain smells. Some of which, I don't mind eating but for some reason, I get all OCD if the smell lingers on me. Raw Onion and Garlic are the two biggest sticking to me problems. I HATE that with an obsessive passion. So having established my strong aversion to certain smells, I just have to say this soap is INCREDIBLE! It removes all kinds of odors effectively. Why have I not tried this sooner??? This warrants a forehead slap on my part! And really, even if you don't have my weird quirks about food odors, we all know that when out LP orders come in, most of us end up with a gazillion different scents applied on our wrists, hands, arms, etc. and if perfumes were animals, then we would be smelling like a menagerie of scents! And in all honesty, sometimes we just sample one that we will have a personality conflict with and it can be hate at first sniff! It is rare, but it happens. You want it to go away, and go away NOW! This stuff makes that happen. Not even kidding. It looks very pretty with some lovely Celtic design scrolls on it. When you use it, brown color WILL tint the lather, but don't worry, it does not stain! For some reason, I don't know why, I am a bit reluctant to brink this soap into the shower with me, but I know that the naturally occurring caffeine in it is probably awesome for your skin and MIGHT even give you a little boost at the same time. I am working my way up to that. People never seem to talk about this one, but having tried it, I now never want to be without it! Give it a try everyone. Mara, *please* keep this awesome soap available???

Wow, I might need this. I know what you mean about food smells. If I chop an onion I feel like my hands stink for days, no matter how many times I wash them. It bugs me big time. Have you tried any of the other soaps, Rose? I'm curious about those too and don't see a specific thread for them (which doesn't mean there isn't one, just that I'm a bit dim!) I'm mainly wondering about how good the lather is and whether they are drying at all.

Wow, I might need this. I know what you mean about food smells. If I chop an onion I feel like my hands stink for days, no matter how many times I wash them. It bugs me big time. Have you tried any of the other soaps, Rose? I'm curious about those too and don't see a specific thread for them (which doesn't mean there isn't one, just that I'm a bit dim!) I'm mainly wondering about how good the lather is and whether they are drying at all.

I know there is a thread for the LP Original scented soap somewhere but I am in a hurry and just wanted to answer this real quick...it is awesome! It lathers well and is not drying at all. I am not even a huge LP Original fan but I loved how this smelled in the soap. I need more. Get it!