Cupidity

SWBookworm

AD-Cupidity_.jpg

Cupidity

That light-as-a-cloud feeling of first love. Ah, there’s nothing like new love...hey, they should bottle that feeling and sell it! Well here at LPMP, we have! A perfectly fresh, clean, full-of-sunshine olfactory evocation of falling head-over-heels for Mr. Oh-So-Right, be refreshed and renewed with cooling cucumber and ripe bright mango, melon, light florals, and a hint of brisk mint. Put a spring in your step and a song in your heart...it’s True Love!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:
CUCUMBER ~ Healing, fertility, invigorating.
CANTALOUPE ~ Water magic, fertility.
MANGO ~ Increases male libido, spiritually elevating.
SPEARMINT and PEPPERMINT ~ Stimulates, restores and uplifts, cleansing, relaxation, sleep, healing, psychic amplifier, love, purification, healing, creativity.
CITRUS ~ Energizing, uplifting, longevity, faithfulness, fidelity, friendship, mental acuity.
BASIL ~ Creates empathy between couples, love, fidelity, protection, mends quarrels.
AFRICAN VIOLET ~ Love, faithfulness, modesty, calming, balancing, healing, protection, draws luck and fortune, lust.
MADONNA LILY ~ Soothing and calming on the nerves, sweetness, mental prowess, happiness.
OZONE ~ Clean, crisp, clears head, focuses thought.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Okay, I have to say that this one is my favorite, so far (I've tried Dangerous Games, Wooing and Wapture, and Feral). It's very light and is well blended. The mint is slightly predominant going on (not overwhelming, just there) but fades quickly into the background. The cucumber and melons meld so that neither is too much and there's just the faintest hint of floral in the background. IMO this is a fantastic 'spring around the corner' scent.

Thanks for the review SB!! Got a bottle coming!

My pleasure! I'm really liking it more now that it's been on for a while!

I liked this one 2 : ) I haven't tried this one on my skin, but it's getting tried on tomorrow. For my wedding vow renewal ceromony...

Congrats and best wishes on your vow renewal!

I agree with everyone, Cupidity is sweet & girly, a hint of spring to come...I gifted this to my 17 yr. old daughter, she loves it.

Congrats on your renewing your vows Beccah.....how romantic!!!!!

I liked this one 2 : ) I haven't tried this one on my skin, but it's getting tried on tomorrow. For my wedding vow renewal ceromony...

oooohh !! That's GREAT Beccah1 !! Kudos to you and your Hubby !!

Congrats Beccah! My best wishes for many more happy years with the TT!!! :Hug_emoticon:

I have a bottle of this on the way soon, so glad to hear about the minty touch and that neither the cucumber nor melon is too strong; even a vampire bat like me needs something lighthearted every once in a while.

so happy for you too.

Congats on your vow renwal ceromony

Let me begin by noting this is NOT your smack-you-in-the-face atomic cucumber melon like BBW's. Actually, the cucumber and melon are blended so well together they seem to be one note, and not an overly cucumber or overly melon note either, just something fresh, watery and slightly fruity. Thankfully I can barely detect the melon (which Mara said was cantaloupe) at all. The mint does wonders in this, making it very clean and giving it a refreshing soapy vibe. The florals in the background probably contribute to the pleasant soapiness too. Come to think of it Cupidity actually reminds me of a particular soap—for the life of me I can't remember what it was—I would take baths with as a kid so this one is actually very nostalgic for me. A sleeper hit!

Edited by Invidiana

Thanks everyone on the congrats ;) So I gave this one a go for the ceremony, which was a drivethru affair. We went in groups of ten into a tent, then did the vows. Let me tell you the intent of this one, combined with the ceremony. Had me on an emotional high, reminiscent of my actual wedding day! & yes the scent is fantastic. This melon is heavenly, so fresh & not overly sweet. I'm so glad it will be forever associated with a happy time in my mind...

This is very fresh and light. I agree with the reviews so far. To me, this one feels like a pale green. Like a pale oolong tea (color, not scent). It has a nice crispness to it and would be a great scent for those days that you want to feel carefree or a great light scent for the open workplace (should you choose not to flaunt your LP passion). ;)

I get the melon up front very strong which I love, the sweetness of the melon is one of my favs. The cucumber floral freshness quickly takes over though which ends up putting me off eventually. It's very lovely and well blended, just not my thing. Anything that ends up even slightly aquatic usually puts me in migraine territory and this is no exception

I get the melon up front very strong which I love, the sweetness of the melon is one of my favs. The cucumber floral freshness quickly takes over though which ends up putting me off eventually. It's very lovely and well blended, just not my thing. Anything that ends up even slightly aquatic usually puts me in migraine territory and this is no exception

I dont find this scent to be very light when it starts.

Like halo, I get a lot of Melon to start. It is very sweet and delicious. Reminds me of Sugared Melons and maybe even Summer Soltice 2008. As it wears on my skin I get a melonie sweet floral, that I woldnt say is too overpowering once it dries down. It is a very pretty scent and I think it would be great for a teen/young adult. Not to say it cant be worn by any age group. I would love this scent on a warm spring or summer day. Definetly a good one to turn to when other scents are just too heavy.

I wish this lasted a lil longer...I put it on 6 hours ago and it is now barely there. I wish it still smelt the way i did at the 2 hour mark. Note to self...bring tester along for mid day re-application.

:)

This is normally the sort of thing I can't wear because it's just too aquatic in its' evocation. It would make a better Body Bubbles scent for me. I wish it stayed more the way it is wet on me, with the melons up front and a tinge of mint running through it, but the cucumber and the floral are actually stronger in wear. But for anyone who enjoys that kind of experience, likes the lighter brighter scents, then this is for you.

• 4 months later...

My daughter loves this very well and so do I. This reminds me of a young, gentle and innocent girl (like my daughter). I will wear this to sleep or on a lazy Sat morning.

• 2 months later...

Gotta love the freebies! I probably wouldn't have thought to try this one, but I'm so glad I did. It's got a fresh, cool, fruitiness that is incredibly refreshing. This is a perfect summer fragrance.

• 5 months later...

Oh my goodness... I LOVE THIS!!! This is a light scent, almost like with every breath!

This starts out minty and as it dries down... a hint of sweet mango comes out every now and then.... IT"S YUMMY and CUTE!

I can;t STOP SMELLING MYSELF!!! :P:):lol: YUMMMM....!!!!

PS: Hmm... This turned something like give peas a chance on my skin after 20 mins... so unexpected!! :Hug_emoticon:

Edited by bumbob

• 1 month later...
PS: Hmm... This turned something like give peas a chance on my skin after 20 mins... so unexpected!! :CHEERS~19:

Me too! I think it's the cucumber and I have revisited this scent a couple of times since I last reviewed it. I think I don't like it as much now.

Are you saying that's bad that it turned to something like 'Give Peas A Chance'?

Give peas a chance turn a bit soapy on my skin... It reminded me of handsoap... Lets' say it's not on my top list :w00t: Perfume morph differently on different people's skin... So don't judge it by my comment! :party:

• 1 year later...

I tried this on last night for bed. It gave me a scent memory of something, but I don't know what - maybe a soap I've used before, or a lotion? It is lovely and soft and powdery, with a hint of something fruity - just the right amount of hint to add an edge without being overwhelming. Looking at the ingredient list this looks like a really unique and interesting blend. Definitely a comfort scent!

• 2 years later...

I really like this one! It's a cheerful, fruity scent to my nose. When it dries down it is a fruity, clean scent. Very nice. Too bad it just sold out! Maybe it'll be on Etsy...

It took a very long time to sell out, though. Over the years my opinion on this one has changed, I really like it now. It's so fresh and cooling, it's a perfect Summertime scent, IMO.

• 5 years later...

There's just a last bit left of this and wore it to bed last night. A soft, powdery soap scent which makes me smell and feel like I just had a shower. I don't get much of the mango but still plentiful of the cucumber, ozone, Lily and melon. I'm keeping the bottle for a bit and I'm sure my daughter will miss it.