Mark's Pepperwood...

Snoopyace

I'd had a custom PE made up with vetiver, sandalwood and black pepper. I'd thought about doing this for a while (even made a post about it) and decided to go ahead. Ohhhhhhhh... I'm glad I did. THANK YOU FOR THIS.

I have to say that I get a lot of compliments when I wear this. I literally have women I know (more than one) tell me that this is the sexiest scent they've ever smelled. They are hilarious because between this and the Mark's Tonka Tobacum I have women telling me they can't decide which they like more. Even guys don't seem to mind this one because it is VERY traditionally masculine where the Tonka Tobacum gets decidedly mixed reviews from most guys I know.

I don't necessarily get much vetiver in this. What really stands out is the Sandalwood and the pepper sort of floats in the background tickling the nose. It really does smell very nice. At least on my skin it is a very linear scent without a lot of evolution but that is really okay.

I've worn this quite a bit since getting it and have been enjoying it quite a bit.

Thanks again for another wonderful scent!

I hope I get a sniffee for the DH.....he loves woodsy smells!

First chance I can afford to I plan on getting another bottle of this and another bottle of Mark's Tonka Tobacum because I love them both. :jumpforjoy:

• 1 month later...

DH got a sniffee of this and although at first sniff it's ALL VETIVER! it quickly melds into a strong male signature. The pepper is a nice addition - not nose-tickling but just enough to spice up the sandalwood some.

I must admit I snuck a little dab for myself the other evening because I was needin' a little manliness. This did the trick.

• 3 weeks later...
DH got a sniffee of this and although at first sniff it's ALL VETIVER! it quickly melds into a strong male signature. The pepper is a nice addition - not nose-tickling but just enough to spice up the sandalwood some.

I must admit I snuck a little dab for myself the other evening because I was needin' a little manliness. This did the trick.

I wore this one again today and I love how 'manly' I feel when I wear this.

Got a sniffee of this one a few packages back and it was the one Quince picked for me to dab him with out of all the ones I wanted him to try. He likes the combination of the sandalwood and vetiver, he says it's very "robust" but masculine. It's very important to him to smell "like a proper gent," as he says. Mark, I told him you came up with this one too and he said "Well that other one was for what women want us to smell like," (meaning Tonka Tabacum), "but this one is for what men really want to smell like!" I wasn't sure I'd like it because of the pepper but it's really a brief topnote for me. It's a nice classic male sort of scent without being cloying or one-dimensional.

Ladies if you need some boysmell for your B2, this would be a good candidate. It's manly!

Got a sniffee of this one a few packages back and it was the one Quince picked for me to dab him with out of all the ones I wanted him to try. He likes the combination of the sandalwood and vetiver, he says it's very "robust" but masculine. It's very important to him to smell "like a proper gent," as he says. Mark, I told him you came up with this one too and he said "Well that other one was for what women want us to smell like," (meaning Tonka Tabacum), "but this one is for what men really want to smell like!" I wasn't sure I'd like it because of the pepper but it's really a brief topnote for me. It's a nice classic male sort of scent without being cloying or one-dimensional.

Ladies if you need some boysmell for your B2, this would be a good candidate. It's manly!

He is very observant! :Hug_emoticon: Both PE's I've had made were exactly for the intention he described. I do get a lot of compliments on the Pepperwood from women, even though this was intended more as a masculine power scent.

I'd also been considering another men's PE with cocoa, sandalwood and either tonka or nutmeg because I have seen women gravitate to the food scents on a man. Just sounded like a good combination to me. ^_^

Personally, I would suggest cocoa, sandalwood and amber...then that would be the male version of one of my dream scents. But of course you should do what your nose desires. And women would love it! :Hug_emoticon:

This is one that sounds intriguing, and although I don't have a man to use it at the moment LOL, I would like to sniff it to see if it as good as you all make it sound.

Personally, I would suggest cocoa, sandalwood and amber...then that would be the male version of one of my dream scents. But of course you should do what your nose desires. And women would love it! :Hug_emoticon:

I'm an amber fanatic! It never crossed my mind to use that. Thanks, you've inspired me to give that a go! (Poor Mara and Danna)

I'm an amber fanatic! It never crossed my mind to use that. Thanks, you've inspired me to give that a go! (Poor Mara and Danna)

YAY! :Hug_emoticon:

Well if they weren't so gosh darn awesome...!

oooo..that new creations sounds yummy!

After all the talk yesterday about Mark's Pepperwood I was inspired today to wear it to the barbershop. (In the interests of full disclosure I also had on an unscented phero blend from someplace else.) When the barber caught a whiff of me he had a funny reaction. 'Hum, you smell very good there, lad. (He's in his mid-sixties) What is that?' I told him and explained about LP and how a person can make their own blends. He was interested enough that he wrote the name down. He almost made me fall over laughing because he said something that reminded me of what was posted above. 'You smell the way a man SHOULD smell. Too many men come in here smelling like a woman.' Led to another discussion on scent and what men like vs. women. Made for a very fun trip to the barber (not to mention that the guy gives the best haircut of any anyone I've ever been to.)

Personally, I would suggest cocoa, sandalwood and amber...then that would be the male version of one of my dream scents. But of course you should do what your nose desires. And women would love it! :wub:

Ooooohhhhhhh - that would smell AWESOME on a man. Yummy!

• 3 months later...
Ooooohhhhhhh - that would smell AWESOME on a man. Yummy!

I bought 2 bottles of this in the sale. I think it'll be the perfect power scent to mix with Diane's The Gentleman's Game.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I had to comment on something I notice every time I wear this scent. First, of course I love how it smells on the skin. It is alright in the bottle but after I put this on and the vetiver and sandalwood both come out to play with the black pepper just tickling the nose... Yeah, good stuff.

I notice that as soon as I roll this on I find that my shoulders roll back and I feel like I want to stand up straighter. I also notice that the energy around me shifts considerably and I feel very strong and well protected on an energy level. Sunday I went grocery shopping with a relative and she even commented on how funny it was that everyone who passed me seemed to hover waiting for me to talk to them (bear in mind that I was phero free this day). If I would acknowledge them they'd have to tell me how they found something on sale cheaper somewhere else or just what they liked about a product, etc. It was wild because it was as if they felt the need to ingratiate themselves to me. This isn't a one time occurance, either. This happens every time I wear this. Also, anyone who walks past me has to say something like, 'Sorry,' or 'Excuse me, sir'. Sir?!!!

Looking at the ingredients list metaphysical properties it does make sense. I've actually taken to referring to this as 'Mark's Power Potion' in my mind because of the reactions I see.

(Black) PEPPER ~ Protection, fidelity, dispels envy and evil, exorcism, breaks hexes.

VETIVER ~ Enhances perception of beauty. Love, sensuality, money, luck, hex-breaking.

SANDALWOOD ~ Love, exotic, sensual atmospheric; aphrodisiac. Healing, spirituality, exorcism.

Everything in this has something to do with protection and removing 'lower energy' and I have to say from experience that when I am doing 'soul rescue work' or dealing with 'lower energies' that this stuff rocks to add an extra layer of protection for that as well. But again, I also love the way it smells on me and I have had compliments. Especially after it dries down to a really nice sandalwood and vetiver scent with the black pepper sort of tickling the nose in the background.

Edited by Snoopyace

I had to comment on something I notice every time I wear this scent. First, of course I love how it smells on the skin. It is alright in the bottle but after I put this on and the vetiver and sandalwood both come out to play with the black pepper just tickling the nose... Yeah, good stuff.

I notice that as soon as I roll this on I find that my shoulders roll back and I feel like I want to stand up straighter. I also notice that the energy around me shifts considerably and I feel very strong and well protected on an energy level. Sunday I went grocery shopping with a relative and she even commented on how funny it was that everyone who passed me seemed to hover waiting for me to talk to them (bear in mind that I was phero free this day). If I would acknowledge them they'd have to tell me how they found something on sale cheaper somewhere else or just what they liked about a product, etc. It was wild because it was as if they felt the need to ingratiate themselves to me. This isn't a one time occurance, either. This happens every time I wear this. Also, anyone who walks past me has to say something like, 'Sorry,' or 'Excuse me, sir'. Sir?!!!

Looking at the ingredients list metaphysical properties it does make sense. I've actually taken to referring to this as 'Mark's Power Potion' in my mind because of the reactions I see.

(Black) PEPPER ~ Protection, fidelity, dispels envy and evil, exorcism, breaks hexes.

VETIVER ~ Enhances perception of beauty. Love, sensuality, money, luck, hex-breaking.

SANDALWOOD ~ Love, exotic, sensual atmospheric; aphrodisiac. Healing, spirituality, exorcism.

Everything in this has something to do with protection and removing 'lower energy' and I have to say from experience that when I am doing 'soul rescue work' or dealing with 'lower energies' that this stuff rocks to add an extra layer of protection for that as well. But again, I also love the way it smells on me and I have had compliments. Especially after it dries down to a really nice sandalwood and vetiver scent with the black pepper sort of tickling the nose in the background.

I'm sad to say I have't smelled this yet, but I have a bottle of black pepper EO & it is Heavenly! I need to try this one.

• 2 months later...

Wow. Just, wow. Wore this scent today (with FTL from Diane) and my GF was hilarious. She opens the door and steps aside to let me in. As I pass her says, 'OMFG (the full version), what are you wearing today?!!!' More than a little surprised I had to say, 'Uh, Mark's Pepperwood. Why?'

'Because you smell f'ing sexy.' WHOOP! :-D

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, knowing that my young lady likes the smell of this I wore it again today. And promptly lost my last half a bottle of it to her. *sigh* Mara, can you make some more?

This stuff was intended to be all about removing lower energies, protection and strength. It seems to also make people very cheerful and women very open and giddy. I also feel very masculine, strong and focused when I wear it.

My GF and I hardly ever get to see each other so she told me she wanted my bottle of it to remind her of my 'boy smell' (makes me laugh how it doesn't matter the generation people use a lot of the same phrases). Oh well, I really hope Mara remembers what she did with this one. :-D

That's one of the reasons I wanted to commission a scent for Quince; I wanted something I would associate it with him although when I wear it (or apply it to my pillow) it's never quite the same as when he wears it...his skin makes it even more delicious.

• 4 years later...

Since Mark had this one rebrewed I just wanted to say: this is so good. I have a bottle of the original which I've gone through pretty fast (for me), and I am very tempted to get another if I can because that combination of vetiver and pepper is just sooooo compelling, they go together wonderfully. Again, one of those "compulsively sniffable" type of scents.

• 4 months later...

This scent is everything I remember it to be. In the bottle, my bride crinkled her nose and said, "Too much sandalwood." On my skin, however she agreed that it was a very nice supporting player for the vetiver and black pepper. Personally, I still love it.

Yup. Hopefully we'll also see a rebrew of Mark's Tonka Tobacum again soon.

• 1 month later...

Wearing this again today. I'd forgotten how much I really enjoy this scent. I had an early lunch with a female friend who commented three times on how much she enjoyed the scent. :Emoticons10311:

• 1 year later...

Going with this as my Birthday scent.  It really doesn't get as much love as it deserves.  It's also a great scent when I want to be positive and powerful feeling.  Keeps the negativity away for me.  Add in a fantastic phero blend in V3 and I have a feeling this is going to be a great day! ?

Happy Birthday! I've finally acquired a sniffle of this for my man, I'll have him wear it this week so that we will also be celebrating!