Spider Silk

thatonegirl

Wow...really? It really does smell like Vanilla to me. I've had it on for a few more hours now and it ages beautifully on the skin.

I agree completely. This is one of my favorite LP perfumes. Not only do all my closest male friends suddenly assume a "protector" role and shower me with care (hey, who couldn't use some attention once in a while?) but I smell delicious... it's not too powdery to me, nor is it quite vanilla... I can't describe it but boy is it fantastic.

I think this reminds me of really fragrant flour before it dries down, actually. Like the kitchen when you're just setting out ingredients to make cookies with. Then it's gone, and I just smell... sugar and musk. <3

• 2 weeks later...

I've actually bought a back-up bottle of this..I love it that much. What I most love about it is it blends well with so many other perfumes I have,without getting lost itself. I apply this in different areas from where I apply whatever other scent I may pair it with that day and both scents will waft in and out..a dance of an olfactory sort. FOR ME this scent has no "baby powdery" feel to it, but somehow does evoke the cozy feling of vanilla without having it as an ingredient. Maybe its the musk and sugars together. Once again, this was a free gift sample, not one I'd have choosen for myself based on scent description...or even the magickal properties. I consider myself more a "protector" type than one in need of protection or nurturing. So, I'm glad to have tried it. I own 2 bottles of it now.

I wear this a lot because my husband and others DO seem more indulgent. The scientist in me says "You are just noticing such behavior because you are subconsciously expecting it anyway." but the mystical (superstitious?) side of me thinks back on the fact that the very fisrt day I wore this, my husband took me into a jewelry store and in addition to happily buying me a special piece I've wanted, also INSISTED on getting me another piece he thought I should have..despite MY hesistating about the extravagance.

Later that same week my usually argumentative sister did NOT get on my case about anything and seemed to enjoy more our time together. I wore it to a party a few days later and people I didn't even know were mixing me drinks, telling me what to eat and such forth.

It seemed to me to be more people doing this than usual, tho to be honest, I do get treated nicely at parties anyway. Its just there was MORE niceness coming my way, from strangers as well as my old buds.

So, maybe I am strongly associating this scent with nice behavior from others in a Pavlovian way,hence my strong liking for it..maybe there is more to it than that. All I know is I love it for it's ability to dance nicely with other scents and my pleasant emotional associations with it.

*edited for spelling error.

Edited by blupest

• 1 month later...

I just wanted to add that I adore this scent! I use tiny dabs of it with some of my other LP fragrances and just feel good knowing that its protective qualities are with me. Spider Silk goes well with Love Potion Pink, which is one of my most-often-worn scents. The combination's effect on my TargetGuy is evident: not only is he helpful and protective, I've had comments from a friend of his that he has told the friend that HE should look out for me, as well.

• 2 months later...

Just to quickly add my observations to this thread. I was a bit concerned that this might be very subtle - and I'm not a big fan of subtle... However, while it is not strong it lingers and does wrap you in a coccoon of fragrance.

On me it does smell like sweet baby powder overlaid with an almost "pink" sweetness.

It lasts for ages too.

May

• 8 months later...
any more reviews of this? I know it's gone but I have another long sold out sample that I might trade for a sample of this...

Ok, now I am curious of this long sold out sample...unfortunatley I do not have a Spider Silk to trade...any hints?

Well I'm only maybe trading it for spidersilk sorry lol, two words W and S and I do like it... however, I maybe could decant it into a half vial if I ever do find someone to trade with...

I also have egyptian sands...

Edited by ivy_fiddlefox

Well I'm only maybe trading it for spidersilk sorry lol, two words W and S and I do like it... however, I maybe could decant it into a half vial if I ever do find someone to trade with...

I also have egyptian sands...

lol, I am at a loss...must be a lil slow. It is nice having those retired goodies. Hope you can find a spider silk!

Since this topic is up top again I will take the opportunity to ask if the ladies can please re-release this or do another (not too different) version of this. It is one of my all time favorites and I would wear it even more than I do if I were not concerned about running out of it. (I have two bottles and the first is REALLY getting low already.) :o