Native Soil

May

Hi

Would anyone be kind enough to share their thoughts on Native Soil. I know it's sold out but I am thinking of sourcing some on the secondary market and there doesn't seem to be any reviews.

Thanks in advance! ;)

May

Hi

Would anyone be kind enough to share their thoughts on Native Soil. I know it's sold out but I am thinking of sourcing some on the secondary market and there doesn't seem to be any reviews.

Thanks in advance! ;)

May

Gently bumping this, in the hope someone spots it and is able to help :o

May

I fell in love with my sample, so I snatched a bottle before it sold out. Native Soil was like nothing else I'd tried from Love Potions . . . Or pretty much anywhere else. Here are the notes I cut-and-pasted from the site:

This is a Protection Potion, with a very sexual context. Just as a Vampire must sleep with a bit of his native soil for protection, this Spell Potion too is designed to keep unwelcome elements out of your circle and away from where you lay your head at night. It contains many ingredients designed to keep nasties away, but this Cinnamon and Sandalwood based scent will keep the ones you invite into your world coming back for more! :o May be worn by both Women and Men.

The description might leave you thinking super-cinnamon, but that was definitely not the case--and the cinnamon never turned into "Big Red gum," either, which is always a plus! ;) Instead I got a melange of lovely warm spices over frankincense.

I like it very much on its own, and as such I can see its potential as a blend for women or men; it's very warm and comforting. But I really like it layered under something sweet, like another old favorite of mine. This particular old favorite has a very definite blackberry note . . . And the combination of all that warmth with a little fresh, sweet blackberry . . . Wow! After my boyfriend smelled that particular combination on me, he drove me crazy to wear it again. I wouldn't be surprised if it worked well with several different layering notes, so if anyone finds another fun combination, please let me know!

I fell in love with my sample, so I snatched a bottle before it sold out. Native Soil was like nothing else I'd tried from Love Potions . . . Or pretty much anywhere else. Here are the notes I cut-and-pasted from the site:

This is a Protection Potion, with a very sexual context. Just as a Vampire must sleep with a bit of his native soil for protection, this Spell Potion too is designed to keep unwelcome elements out of your circle and away from where you lay your head at night. It contains many ingredients designed to keep nasties away, but this Cinnamon and Sandalwood based scent will keep the ones you invite into your world coming back for more! ;) May be worn by both Women and Men.

The description might leave you thinking super-cinnamon, but that was definitely not the case--and the cinnamon never turned into "Big Red gum," either, which is always a plus! ;) Instead I got a melange of lovely warm spices over frankincense.

I like it very much on its own, and as such I can see its potential as a blend for women or men; it's very warm and comforting. But I really like it layered under something sweet, like another old favorite of mine. This particular old favorite has a very definite blackberry note . . . And the combination of all that warmth with a little fresh, sweet blackberry . . . Wow! After my boyfriend smelled that particular combination on me, he drove me crazy to wear it again. I wouldn't be surprised if it worked well with several different layering notes, so if anyone finds another fun combination, please let me know!

Thank you SO much for this.

I'm adding it to my wish list for next paycheck as I type... I'd love to know what the blackberry "old favourite" was though :o

May

• 1 month later...
I loved this for the brief moments i held it in my hands, befor it took a suicidal plunge DOWN MY SINK. The whole sample went *bloooop*

Sigh. That sink has swallowed an earring, a ring, my labret.....

Has Danna's cat been to visit? One day I took my watch off to wash my hands, turned my back, and the next thing I knew, kitty had my watch in her mouth and was trying to center her aim properly to drop it cleanly down the hole!

The little thief is always stealing shiny things! We found a supply of single earrings, necklaces, silver drain covers, buttons, in a secret hiding place...she thinks she is the Queen of Lostralia! (the place things go when they are lost)

she thinks she is the Queen of Lostralia! (the place things go when they are lost)

LOSTRALIA......I like that! :( When things in my house go there, all I have to do is say OUT LOUD that I am looking for that particular item, and it will show up in plain view within a few hours. And, I am talking about things that can (and have) been missing for months (or years). My great-grandmother's ghost likes to help....... ;)

LOSTRALIA......I like that! ;) When things in my house go there, all I have to do is say OUT LOUD that I am looking for that particular item, and it will show up in plain view within a few hours. And, I am talking about things that can (and have) been missing for months (or years). My great-grandmother's ghost likes to help....... ;)

Wow, I could use a handy ghost like that!! I'm forever misplacing and things seemingly sink INTO THE VERY FLOORS when they leap out of my hands. Course having two cats doesn't help either, I shall dub them the Overlords of Western Lostralia...they can append their current titles as the Lords of Misrule.

Wow, I could use a handy ghost like that!! I'm forever misplacing and things seemingly sink INTO THE VERY FLOORS when they leap out of my hands. Course having two cats doesn't help either, I shall dub them the Overlords of Western Lostralia...they can append their current titles as the Lords of Misrule.

And, my apparent six-month old yet chronologically 4-year old "kitten" Shira can be a duchess or some such! She so enjoys playing the gravity game and watching things disappear under appliances ;) (She is the teeniest thing, only the size of a six-month old baby kitten... and she enjoys riding around on our shoulders... she is a real charmer)

• 7 months later...

I have'nt tried native soil yet,but wanted you Dana to know how cool i think

the anthropoid casket is on the new label,got one in our show room that

sim., but dont sell often.I keep askin my hubby if i can bring it home and use

it for a coffee table. He just shakes his head and walks away .lol

I know , I know ,twisted , very twisted [hehehe]. :thbf54f4bf:

I cant wait to get my bottle of native soil ![ bouncin in seat ]

I missed out last time around. :thbf54f4bf:

A triumph, Danna!!!!

I worship your LP cauldron! I put a dabble on the front of my wrist before going to class to teach. Mid arm wave, I actually stopped talking to smell my wrist. :( I am sooo glad I bought this in a full size right off the bat with no prior nose history with this particular scent.

omg yes! there is some berry smell to it, reminds me of those raspberry jelly rings which i love, yet , there is no berry note ... I liked this more than i thought i would, actually i thought it would just be another resinous scent that would give me a headache, but no!

blackberry is one of my favorite notes btw

I am SOOOOOOOOO glad I went ahead and got a full bottle!! I am learning to trust that instinct. I NORMALLY wait till after sampling to pick full sized bottles. BUT, there have been instances where something just told me that I would completely fall in love at first sniff. This was one of THOSE moments.

I get deep sandalwood and lots of cinnamon at first, then the resinous bits and incensey notes start peeking out, a little at a time. But throughout all of the layers of this scent, the cinnamon stuck around. I LOVE cinnamon!

I love it, but I just KNEW I would! I wore it Friday night, and it was quite funny actually. My sweetie got within one foot of me, and said "Mmmmmm....you're wearing a new one! What is it?" He has gotten to the point where he sniffs, asks what the name is, and then has me tell him what "intention" is behind the scent. When I told him that this one was for protection AND sex, he said, "Well, I don't know about the protection, but I totally GET the sexual element!" He said that when he smelled it he was almost immediately aroused.

He loved this one, and was VERY glad that I have a full bottle of it....Me TOO!!! Thumbs up Danna, and thanks for re-visiting this one!!

Still loving this scent.....it is a definite winner!! Today I am wearing it atop unscented Dominance.....dealing with unruly clients today.....

I bought this one but I am waiting for it to ship out. You guys are making me antsy LOL. I sent an email to the ladies already now that retrograde has lifted hopefully I will be hearing from them soon. BUT I KNOW they are busy so I'll just keep on waiting til I get my tracking number :P

I ended up getting not one but two bottles of this. What a changeling this scent is on me. To be honest, it was the protective intent that attracted me most of all and inspired me to get my first bottle.

At first I could barely detect it. Next time I tried it, it was cinnamon backed with resins/incense. Nice, but I was thinking "maybe a bit much cinnamon?"

The third time I tried it, I could smell this lovely incense around me that lasted hours, but was not overpowering. My friend's husband detests most perfume but THIS one he thought was some incense wafting from somewhere and he did not realize it was perfume. I've received nice comments on this once people realize the scent is coming from me, not somewhere in the environment.

Maybe the bottle needed to "settle" a bit and deepen after my first try or maybe my sense of smell was terribly off. This isn't that faint a scent, though it may register to others as a nice incense emanating from SOMEwhere.

The cinnamon likewise has toned down since my first two applications and while it is still there, it is more in the form of lending a nice warmth and spice to what is otherwise a very incensy blend on me.

Well, after I witnessed how well received it was by others, then thought about how useful the intent was especially since I will be traveling soon for quite a time, it seemed appropriate to get a second bottle. One to bring with me, one to be there upon my return.

Nicely done Ladies!

I'm glad I took a full bottle chance on this and glad I got a second bottle too.

• 3 weeks later...

Native Soil

In vial: this is sweet, surprisingly sugary. I think I smell amber and cinnamon.

On skin: hmm, this is strange. I do smell the sandalwood, the cinnamon and possibly the amber. But where’s the frankincense and incense? What I do get is something very odd…a kind of sugary bubblegum scent. What the? It smells almost like grape sweets? I have no idea why I get that. The sweetness definitely smells like a fruity sugar note though, not the deeper sweetness I get from amber. However, it seems that the scent develops and the cinnamon becomes dominant. It’s a mix of fiery cinnamon with dry cinnamon, a hot spice. But with the sugar, it smells too much like cinnamon gum. The scent becomes more and more cinnamon-y, warm and spicy, and I can smell hints of the resins too. But the sugared grape-ish scent still doesn’t budge, and it gets in the way of what could be a gorgeous scent. I mean, I can smell the cinnamon and frankincense merging so beautifully, but then the grape/candy smell comes in and spoils the mood a bit. I'll have to try this again to see if the candy element was just my skin chem/nose being weird.

Native Soil makes me feel frisky. Iam a gemini so i can be both reserved and agressive depending on my mood, whats happening in my life what type of smell iam wearing but this particular potion makes me feel very agressive, and a bit predatorial. HEHEHEHE! ^_^;)

well I got a full bottle of this one today. When I put it on first I get alot of spice then a syrupy sweet note but then I get a weird musk dry dirt smell that is giving me a headache right now. I think I might give this one up on a trade

Native Soil makes me feel frisky. Iam a gemini so i can be both reserved and agressive depending on my mood, whats happening in my life what type of smell iam wearing but this particular potion makes me feel very agressive, and a bit predatorial. HEHEHEHE! ^_^:666:

Interesting....the DH is a Gemini, and this scent is beautiful on him. He's wearing it today and called me to tell me how good he smelled, and then dropped by at lunch to emphasize the point...I think he feels frisky too...he nipped my neck. :wub:

• 3 weeks later...

HEHEHE, very nice pony :frown:

When wet I get a very masculine scent, I assume it is the sadalwood, but I also smell some spices and incence. This is a lovely scent. As it dries I get a dirt scent that blends so nicely with the spice and incence. Wow, the layers and depth and just the whole intent is aparent and strong with this one. I very much like this one but think I would enjoy it more on my man than on myself so I am going to try this one on him :001_302:

• 2 weeks later...
Maybe not just you whiskers...I get an odd "cherry" note on this at one point. Later on it settles out into cinnamon/spicy

I get the same and i like this scent - the only problem is it does not last on me [first time i encountered this with LP scents] two hours max and i need to re-apply, i thought maybe i was used to the scent and could not pick it up so i applied lunch time, waited until time to go home and asked someone to smell to see if they could pick it up, after inhaling my hand like it was the last row of cocaine - they could not smell anything either.

I will give it another try in a few weeks and see if i get the same reaction

I get the same and i like this scent - the only problem is it does not last on me [first time i encountered this with LP scents] two hours max and i need to re-apply, i thought maybe i was used to the scent and could not pick it up so i applied lunch time, waited until time to go home and asked someone to smell to see if they could pick it up, after inhaling my hand like it was the last row of cocaine - they could not smell anything either.

I will give it another try in a few weeks and see if i get the same reaction

We have all had that happen from time to time.....your skin likes a scent so much that it just drinks it up. I have some that do that on me.....you can try a scent locket to prolong it, or that may just be one of the ones that you have to re-apply.

Or, do as I do.....if I apply a scent in the morning that is one that I know my skin "eats", that means I can either re-apply that one later OR put on a completely different one.....I usually go for a different one....I get to play with more scents that way!! I always carry a couple of LP's in my bag when I leave the house for more than a couple of hours......

Edited by Dolly

We have all had that happen from time to time.....your skin likes a scent so much that it just drinks it up. I have some that do that on me.....you can try a scent locket to prolong it, or that may just be one of the ones that you have to re-apply.

Or, do as I do.....if I apply a scent in the morning that is one that I know my skin "eats", that means I can either re-apply that one later OR put on a completely different one.....I usually go for a different one....I get to play with more scents that way!! I always carry a couple of LP's in my bag when I leave the house for more than a couple of hours......

I will try the reapply and carry several - i am sorting now to see what i have dupes of {got a bunch in the last order} so i can lock them up at work for the days i am in a rush and forget to pack some for travel

Can you expand on the scent locket - are they sold here?

Can you expand on the scent locket - are they sold here?

You can get them on ebay.....use a search of "vinaigrette", or "perfume locket", or "scent locket".....I have even found some by searching with "open-work locket" or "filigree locket". They are basically lockets with holes cut in them. You put a small piece of cloth (or even tissue-paper) with your chosen scent inside it. Your body heat warms it and causes it to diffuse, but your skin can't suck it in. I also use this for scents that go wonky with my skin chemistry....

• 3 weeks later...

I just love this one! It is one that I am hoarding. I have two bottles and a sample or two. The cinnamon/sandalwood are the most predominate note on me throughout all of the layers. Weird though, this is the only one where the predominate notes sit behind everything else. They are a very solid and unwavering foundation. They combine for dry woodsy smell with a wonderful crackling cinnamon. I think it is the "dirt" that gives it that dry, dusty feel for me. The resins, spices and incence are definately there and come in and out in layers. Very nice and yummy. It is a warm scent that makes me feel cozy and safe (which is, of course, the intent).

It is a great scent if you happen to work around "energy vampires" to help boost any shielding techniques that you are using.

I love this one more and more each time I wear it.....it is just so spicy and sexy.....

• 4 weeks later...

I am loving this one so much I just ordered two bottles. I'm not very good at descriptions of scents but it seemed to grow and develop on my skin. In the bottle it was "well this might be okay" to holy WOW on the skin. Drydown was a bit like my favorite incense and in between the cinnamon kicked in for a bit. Actually made my skin heat up.

• 1 month later...

how i wish this wasn't sold out. all i could get was a vial in the store.

dry, hot cinnamon, sandalwood, spices and something else...i want to say rosemary or cedar but i'm probably wrong. it's the resins and earth i'm guessing.

it's simply fantastic, and would be another favorite for me.

i rrreeeaaalllyy hope that native soil does an encore, one day.

Native soil is sold out??

Aww...geez another one on the sold out list??

Cyberianhussy maybe you can find some in the trading posts??

I've been hunting, lurking, stalking the ladies on the forum...forgive me but most of you have been so kind...I feel bad now...

• 4 weeks later...

i know j #'s, always lookin' for native soil. i see dolly has one up in her trading thread but i'm too broke to ask her if i can buy it.

i super duper love native soil.

i know j #'s, always lookin' for native soil. i see dolly has one up in her trading thread but i'm too broke to ask her if i can buy it.

i super duper love native soil.

I'm sorry but you're too late.....a friend of mine (not on the forum) snatched it.....now I am down to my one bottle that I am keeping for ME.....plus, it is boosted with SS4W....no way am I letting that one go.....

dolly, it's ok. i can't have everything i want!! i've decided to haunt the trades and try and collect at least 5 samples of native soil.

i don't blame u for holding onto that sucker. it's in my top 3 LP's.

sigh.