Captivation Equation

how noticeable is the benzoin in this? and the spices? I'm a sucker for benzoin...

I don't know what benzoin is,and am not a good reviewer :blush: but the last time I checked there are only 6 bottles left,and 2 sample sizes...you would not have ANY problems trading it !! the self effects of the Anol & cops in this strength are perfect for me,I have 4 bottles :rolleyes:

The scent seems mild at first,but lasts and lasts and you catch beautiful Whiffs all day...

how noticeable is the benzoin in this? and the spices? I'm a sucker for benzoin...

For me the benzoin isn't as noticable as in something like Road Opener, it gives it a quality rather than a particular note...the spices keep the other notes from being too sweet, it's just YUM!

yeah well I have one bottle on hold that I'm waiting for and I don't believe I'll be trading it =P hehehe

Ohhh,I am so glad you scored a bottle :) :) ...ummm by saying I had 4,I was not bragging <that is soooo not my style> I was just trying to say ,it is THAT good,even tho I suck at describing scents :wub: !

My yorkie could not get enough sniffs of this, either the pheros or the scent or both, but I am not - repeat not - buying a scent just so my little dog can enjoy himself! The scent was OK for me but I think the pheros gave me a headache.

It sounds like you may have just overdone it a bit...? a-nol gives me a headache too if I do too much of it...

It was a tiny spritz, I've since found that other scents with A-nol give me a headache, like Elevation Potion, but not cops, est or B-nol; guess Sexology is the one for me. I'm Ok with Intellectual Woman, though, which has some A-nol, but I assume not that much. Still working on testing phero blends to see which ones I can tolerate.

It smells quite a bit like play dough to me :D . But the a-nol did make me pretty hyper and put me in a good mood. Haven't tried it out on other people yet.

That is just sad about the scent on you ;) ...I love getting whiffs of this throughout the day,it just makes me smile sooo much,course the a-nol probably helps a bit too :lol: :lol:

It was a tiny spritz, I've since found that other scents with A-nol give me a headache, like Elevation Potion, but not cops, est or B-nol; guess Sexology is the one for me. I'm Ok with Intellectual Woman, though, which has some A-nol, but I assume not that much. Still working on testing phero blends to see which ones I can tolerate.

I wonder if Garland & Lace would work for you,a-nol & est ? ...

The ratio and strenght of the oil with the alcohol in Captivation Equation seems to be perfect for me,but I did get a headache once from too much of a Beta spray with a-nol.

• 2 weeks later...

Is there really NO pink sugar in this??? :666: None at all?

I SWEAR I get that pink sugar copulin smell I get from OCCO PInk when I apply CE...it fades with dry down but it's totally there :rockon:

Not that I'm aware of...the notes listed in the description came directly from Mara in terms of what she did use.

• 4 weeks later...
beside that though, apart from the cops the scent is soft and sweet and smooth like, like marshmallow fluff, but not...

I don't get any of the cops smell <thankfully> and have not had one person say anything but YUM to this scent :) ...I was told I smelled like a "sexy marshmallow" by a casual date :thumbup:

I get a spiced marshmallow,and the perfect uplifting phero self-effect with this ratio of a-nol in the oil/alcohol .

Sprayed a refresh on before going to bank with 3 yr.old today. His response: "Something smells like yummy cake!!" Me:"It's my perfume." 3yr.old:"Mommy smells like yummy cake!"

Just needed to share this (I've had a lot of subtle succes with CE, but this one was quite obvious):

I had done my first hour of work-out tonight and couldn't shower before my next session, so I just sprayed a fresh layer of CE on.......

Looking at my collegues doing their thang while standing outside the door.......another co-worker stands behind me.....grabs me by my waist.....hugs me......*sniffs*......*swoons*......"what's that your wearing??" ....I'm telling him it's something with vanilla in it (the whole perfume from the intarwebs that he's never heard of discussion would take too long)......he then literally attaches his nose to my shoulder and inhales......"Hmmmmmmmm you smell *so* good" .......hugs me some more and actually had to restrain himself from kissing me (which I know he wants to do, but he's about 13 yrs younger *and* a co-worker, so.....LOL)

it was such fun to experience!

Just needed to share this (I've had a lot of subtle succes with CE, but this one was quite obvious):

I had done my first hour of work-out tonight and couldn't shower before my next session, so I just sprayed a fresh layer of CE on.......

Looking at my collegues doing their thang while standing outside the door.......another co-worker stands behind me.....grabs me by my waist.....hugs me......*sniffs*......*swoons*......"what's that your wearing??" ....I'm telling him it's something with vanilla in it (the whole perfume from the intarwebs that he's never heard of discussion would take too long)......he then literally attaches his nose to my shoulder and inhales......"Hmmmmmmmm you smell *so* good" .......hugs me some more and actually had to restrain himself from kissing me (which I know he wants to do, but he's about 13 yrs younger *and* a co-worker, so.....LOL)

Oh that was a good one...and now he will have that certain smile every time you wear it :) I am really having fun with this one too!

dang girl, that's not a hit, that's a cannonball. I've never gotten that kind of snuggly reaction with CE. Great report, thanks for sharing it!!

• 1 year later...

So if I wanted a PE with a similar scent do you think a foody vanilla, buttercream, sweet potato and brown sugar would do it? Has anyone ever ordered a PE in a spray or does Mara even do that?

ETA: I'd ask her but I don't want to bombard her with questions so I figured I'd use the LPMP Brain Trust instead.

Edited by skye

So if I wanted a PE with a similar scent do you think a foody vanilla, buttercream, sweet potato and brown sugar would do it? Has anyone ever ordered a PE in a spray or does Mara even do that?

ETA: I'd ask her but I don't want to bombard her with questions so I figured I'd use the LPMP Brain Trust instead.

The one-shot $29 PEs are only 3 notes + a sugar, & you can get it in spray form for the additional $15 fee.

That looks like it would fall in the proper requirements :D

oh oh oh oh PLEASE make a lot!! I'm in total love with CE and am running out......I was thinking about a PE to come close to it, so I would totally order a couple bottles if skye decides to go ahead with this!

• 4 weeks later...

If I order a 2x spray of LAM, do you all think that might be close to the balance of the pheros in Captivation Equation? I'm also considering using Flying Potion for the A-nol and scent, and adding plain copulins under it.

• 1 year later...

wow, how could I have never read about captivation equation before?

This sounds amazing. Benzoin scares me since I'm 0 for 2 in trying ones I like, but if it's just a little like stated, wow! Might have to see about buying this from July Girl's trade thread or just waiting and eventually acquiring.

It's funny-- I used to HATE sweet potato. I know our tastes change as we grow older (well, actually they're dying off so things that used to be unpleasant might become pleasant at a different strength-- at least that's how it goes with tastebuds; I assume it goes the same with smelling.) I've only started liking sweet potato in the last year. yum!

This smelled fantastic, and I think Skye had a PE that smelled a lot like this but now I can't remember the name of the PE!

ETA: Doh! After I posted I read above and saw where she had been working on it. It was definitely done but I can't remember the name.

Edited by Darbla

oh that's awesome! That's really cool that she wound up doing a PE. That's what I like about the older threads-- the updates on stuff like that, because really, who, when they're thinking of perfume, thinks up sweet potato? That's what I call thinking outside the box! :D

Mara said once that pheros in alcohol do evaporate eventually...but I've not seen any noticeable drop off in potency in my alcohol sprays even when left open (or when there's a ton of air space in the bottle). maybe you can test & if you think it's gone you can top up yourself?