FADE TO BLACK

Dolly

Hmmmmm....can you guys help me out maybe? I'm seeing the comparisons to OCCO Black, which I'm head over heels for, and.LP Black, which though I enjoy it,I have it and there's a molasses like sweetness to it that I can dig but don't need more of really.

Like OCCO Black to me, is way more dark straight resins, and in LP black there's a caramelized.sugar takeover..I'm debating getting this in a trade but I'm worried it'll be too much of the sugary sweetness.

Which one does it remind you guys of more?

I honestly don't think it's that much like either of those but it is sweet. It's literally burnt blackened sugar/resins. I think it achieves a nice balance between the two qualities but that's not to say my impression will be yours.

Hrrnmm..Iz confused. I'm glad you popped on here though.

Since you say its quite different and its own thing, I'm gonna go ahead and get it. The burnt woody and resiny notes I KNOW I'll love. The statement someonemade about it being sorta masculine is also encouraging, cause some of my favorite LPs are considered quite masculine. Okie Dokie! I'm gonna give it a go!

I'm with Luna, Cheezy. I think that's a good description. I LOVE Fade to Black but I don't get a LP or OCCO Black feel. It's much softer - Black is much stronger and more intense. Fade to Black, at least on me, is closer to the skin, mildly sweet. The resins are the main note, very organic feeling and the sweetness brings that out without turning into a "sweet" scent. Black is hard for me to wear to work unless I literally dab it on my wrists and that's it. Fade to Black, I have no problems wearing like I normally would. It's more like an aura rather than a full-on broadcast.