Sugared French Vanilla

thatonegirl

This. Is. Gorgeous. I must own a bottle I think.

I had to really, really shake it to get it cloudy ( If it's ok for me to ask, what makes it cloudy? I'm curious.)

It's an incredibly sweet vanilla. It might even be a little too sweet, and has a touch of maple syrup. ( You'll notice that my family and I think lots of things smell of maple syrup, so it could just be us.) I just love the scent. It reminds me of good creme brulee. My brother likes it enough that he was sort of huffing the sample vial until I took it away from him.

As it dries down it gets less syrupy and more very gorgeous vanilla.

I certainly hope that other guys love this as much as my brother did. ( He really, really loved the smell of this one. Enough that he asked why guys can't go around smelling like girly vanilla. ;) )

I tried this one on one wrist and another scent on the other. The French Vanilla ATE the throw from the other side! I was worried that it was going to stay the OMGsugarrush sweet, but as it dried down it mellowed out. Still VERY sweet but no longer overpowering (but then what do you expect from Vanilla Ice Cream topped with several spoonfuls of sugar?)

I like this one, but I think I prefer the contrast of fruits or spices to the sugaring rather than the sweet on sweet. But that's just me.

Oooooh, I really like this one.....very sweet, very sexy, rich and decadent.....I may need a bottle of this one......mmmmmm, it makes me want to start chewing on my arm.......now I'm getting hungry..... :) I don't get so much "ice cream" with this one....I get a cake with thick vanilla-cream frosting....

I can really imagine this one paired with a ton of different scents.....

Edited by Dolly

This. Is. Gorgeous. I must own a bottle I think.

I had to really, really shake it to get it cloudy ( If it's ok for me to ask, what makes it cloudy? I'm curious.)

It has a lot of natural ingredients in it, and some of them are heavier oils than others. If I were to add perfumer's alcohol or a chemical stabilizer, it would make them blend, but I don't want to do that. I like that our products are 'fresh', and that people who are normally sensitive to commercial fragrances because of the chemicals, can wear ours without having a skin reaction.

It has a lot of natural ingredients in it, and some of them are heavier oils than others. If I were to add perfumer's alcohol or a chemical stabilizer, it would make them blend, but I don't want to do that. I like that our products are 'fresh', and that people who are normally sensitive to commercial fragrances because of the chemicals, can wear ours without having a skin reaction.

Oh please don't do that! I have hyper-reactive skin, and as a result, can't wear many commercial perfumes.....I don't have a skin reaction with ANY of your scents.....

I just wanted to pop in and add that I'm very glad the perfumes are all natural. I have exceptionally sensative skin and these have all been great.

No, no. To clarify, they are not all natural, (and natural does not = skin safe, by the way) they are just made very 'cleanly', with exceptionally high grade ingredients, and with dilutants that have proven to be hypoallergenic to most people. And without any chemical preservatives, silicones, stabilizers, etc. Our perfumes are a blend of natural and synthetic ingredients.

No, no. To clarify, they are not all natural, (and natural does not = skin safe, by the way) they are just made very 'cleanly', with exceptionally high grade ingredients, and with dilutants that have proven to be hypoallergenic to most people. And without any chemical preservatives, silicones, stabilizers, etc. Our perfumes are a blend of natural and synthetic ingredients.

Yeah, some "all-natural" ingredients are incredibly harsh and caustic....

• 5 months later...

I received a small sample of this in my last order...it has a nice sugary quality in the vial, intensely vanilla but very sweet (frosting-like, as Dolly says). In the wet stage it reminds me of Sugared Vanilla Bean, but while that one has a buttery quality, SFV is definitely more syrup-like. It retains that same quality in the drydown, but it doesn't last long on me, only a couple hours. But now I'm curious to layer it with SVB to see if they work well together.

Edited by luna65

• 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Aw, man, I don't know, I just don't know. *Shakes head sadly* I was really looking forward to liking this one, but Sugared Pancake Syrup doesn't seem to like me. I'll definitely have to give it a couple more tries before I attempt to sell it away. So far, there's just something about the way it finishes on my skin that isn't pleasing, just a nostril-filling, cloying headiness. It's a mild sensation, despite my description, but there nonetheless. We shall see what happens.

• 3 weeks later...
I bought this without even testing it because I love vanilla. Sugared French Vanilla starts out very sweet then dries down to a sweet vanilla that, for me, is a perfect bedtime scent as it has a very soothing quality.

I totally agree - great soothing, relaxing scent. i just don't get the syrupy thing that others get - i get a light sweetness with soft vanilla - almost a marshmellowy scent

• 5 months later...

I really wanted to like this but it just was tooo sweet. The dry-down was good, but still mad me hungry for cake.

*Warning* If you are on a diet, this one is a no-no!

Edited by KrazyKat

I got got to take a whif of this one from beccah1 and ooohhhh mmmm mmmmm perfect i love the smell of this one too...:lol:

• 1 year later...

By itself, Sugared French Vanilla is a little too sweet - it's more like vanilla icing than pure vanilla to me - and the first few times I've tried it, it turned a little plasticky, although we seem to be over that phase now.

Having said that, it is *absolutely brilliant* for layering. It really brings out the creaminess / sweetness in other scents, without overpowering them like many vanillas would. Today, I wore it on my neck and in my hair, together with a couple other blends - so that I would get a big whiff of it every now and then, and wow! It really added a gorgeous new dimension to what I was wearing. Needless to say, it's a keeper if only for layering / juxtaposing purposes.