An Act of Violets

Invidiana

AD-ActViolets_.jpg

An Act of Violets

February is the month of violets...the modest purple blossom which yields an irresistible scent. Violet lovers rejoice, here is our salute to the flower embodying love and true blue (or purple) devotion. Lush and lovely violet is made lively with tart acai berry and aromatic white pepper...this is a random act of violets you can feel good about (and smell beautiful too)!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:
ACAI BERRY ~ Love inducing, stamina, vigor, fertility.
VIOLET ~ Love, faithfulness, modesty, calming, balancing, healing, protection, draws luck and fortune, lust.
WHITE PEPPER ~ Protection, fidelity, dispels envy and evil, exorcism, hex-breaking.
CLOVE ~ Money attracting, deflects negative and hostile energies.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This is dead sexy and unexpectedly dark! My skin loves violet, and the deep velvety violet combined with the acai berry is just...amazing. It's a really dark, gushing fruity floral, like....a vampire fruity floral, that's it! As if that wasn't enough, the clove and white pepper emerge as it dries down further and give it eve more of that delicious dark edge...I'm violently in love with Act of Violets.

Well, we all KNOW how much I personally love violets, but this one does not appear to be for me! SO SAD!!! In the vial, and on my skin wet, it is absolutely lovely.....after it starts drying down, the violet gets loud! After 30 min, it is loud screaming violets, and nothing but violets! And, it has a sharp note, which may be the acai berry.....my crazy skin chemistry doesn't seem to like this one!!!

Well, we all KNOW how much I personally love violets, but this one does not appear to be for me! SO SAD!!! In the vial, and on my skin wet, it is absolutely lovely.....after it starts drying down, the violet gets loud! After 30 min, it is loud screaming violets, and nothing but violets! And, it has a sharp note, which may be the acai berry.....my crazy skin chemistry doesn't seem to like this one!!!

on this note, I am NOW making plans for 2012.

When a violet dissagrees with Dolly,its a dark,dark day....

on another note, the scent sounds divine!

In the vial, and on my skin wet, it is absolutely lovely.....after it starts drying down, the violet gets loud! After 30 min, it is loud screaming violets, and nothing but violets! And, it has a sharp note, which may be the acai berry.....my crazy skin chemistry doesn't seem to like this one!!!

I had a similar response to this one....2 notes that dominate. I had nothing but fruit in the vial but once applied on my skin I had an explosion of violets. Now, I'm like Dolly... I adore my violets, so I really liked the intense violet, but after 15 mins or so it fades and the second note comes to front.... A really strong, tart fruit scent, very much like what I get with That kind of girl & Dangerous games :019-[Drooling]-[EmoticonKing.co I get no violet at all after drydown...

It's a sad day for Rosebud ;)

on this note, I am NOW making plans for 2012.

When a violet dissagrees with Dolly,its a dark,dark day....

Yes, it is sad.....

I adore the darker violet scents, but this one just explodes on me and is bright bright bright screaming violets.....gave me a headache.....<pout> :tantrum20gif: :tantrum:

Boy the acai berry is like KAPOW! on me. There was about 10 minutes where the violet note was nice and sedate, it didnt go powdery (like it usually does) but then it was all Return of the Berry! Although in the end it became softer with just a vague trace of the violet. I'm thinking this would be a good scent for Body Bubbles, actually.

• 2 months later...

This is almost candy-sweet on me at first (I think a little too sweet) & then it dries down (after about 2 hrs) to a nice light floral scent. I don't know about this one...I don't think I can weather the sweetness in the beginning.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I am acting Violetly right now! Oooh that's hard to say; even harder to see on the screen! ***shakes self and focuses***

I had some kind of violet perfume when I was a little girl. Perhaps it was bubble bath, now that I think of it. Anyway, it's left me with a lasting desire for another Perfect Violet. I had it in one of my candle scents for a while, and then the company stopped making it. I had it in something else, too, but it disappeared somewhere along the way. I'll find things that are close...but not quite it.

Well! Ya know what? I can't stop snoofing my arms! An Act of Violets has my Perfect Violet note!!! I'm not acquainted with acai...although I probably get some here, because the violet is very well-rounded when it hits my skin. And it hangs out like this for a while. And I LURRRVE it. After it's been caressing my psyche for an extended period, the white pepper starts showing up. White pepper is something I've loved since I was climbing around on the counter and found it buried in the back of a cupboard when I was a tween learning to cook. In this perfume, the pepper is just enough, a slight spike, to add an edge to the whole experience.

For me, An Act of Violets is an intriguing combination of childhood comfort scents and adult sexiness. Absolutely brilliant!

Edited by ElizabethOSP

• 11 months later...

At first I thought An Act of Violets was going to be dark because I was thinking "An Act of Violence." There is no violence, it's so sweet on me! The acai goes berry wild, and the violet is barely holding it back on a leash. I stopped being able to smell myself before I could reach the white pepper, or maybe it was lost on me. My nose is stilll new, so the clove is still hiding from me in the background.

• 11 months later...

Despite what I see in the other reviews here, this one actually works on me!! I just LOVE the violet, and it is nicely sweetened and made juicy with the berry. I think I still prefer Piia's violet, but this one is a very close runner-up. I just can't get enough violet!

• 4 weeks later...

At first I thought An Act of Violets was going to be dark because I was thinking "An Act of Violence." There is no violence, it's so sweet on me!

Yeah it's just a silly pun. :D

• 6 months later...

Oooh Mara slipped this into my package as a freebie and on first sniff in the bottle I got mostly the berry, and it's still the main note when I apply it, but I can smell the shy little violets in the background. It dries down to a soft berry-violet scent with a little warmth from the clove and white pepper. Unfortunately it doesn't last too long on me but it seems like a perfect spring scent. I just go slather-happy with it!

Edited by Cheshire Kitten

• 4 weeks later...
:yeahthat::D What an unexpected surprise! It smells GREAT in the bottle, light and juicy and OHMYGOODNESS SO excited to wear this. I am going to show EXTREME patience and not put on any of my goodies until tomorrow but I had to smell them all, lol! I have eyed this one several times but just didn't take the plunge...SO beyond tickled that this one smells like it will be FANTASTIC! SO excited...be back to review soon! :D

Loved this. Dries to a mellow, pretty violet, floral. Not your grandmothers violet. You will smell pretty & feminine!! Sexes up nicely when you apply just a little smear of sugared honeycomb. :-)

..or Phero Girl.

Edited by StacyK

Oooo Miss StacyK! I LIKE the way you think :666::ange:

• 3 months later...

With my chemistry it's definitely violet but the berry makes it sweet and a little tart - not to be confused with sharp or bitter. It's very bright and pleasant but definitely violet - so pretty! :hearts0425:

Edited to add: I loved it enough that I snagged a back up in the sale!

Edited by NuTrix

With my chemistry it's definitely violet but the berry makes it sweet and a little tart - not to be confused with sharp or bitter. It's very bright and pleasant but definitely violet - so pretty! :hearts0425:

Edited to add: I loved it enough that I snagged a back up in the sale!

Thanks, I love violet and just wanted to make sure this was not bitter....

• 2 weeks later...

This is my first floral and full bottle scent! woo!

Okay, i picked a terrible day to test this out cuz it been a long night :drunk:

moving on, on first sniff my reaction was to pull the bottle away and go Ack!

waaaaaaay too sweet for me, like someone crushed a shizzle ton of those american chalky smarties and i deeply snorted all of it!

I was pretty afraid to try it out on skin but i did anyways. I was seriously worried that i would amp the smarties but crisis averted; first application the spice was the first notes i noticed--all nice and warm with the candied acai on the back burner(thats the first note i smelled in the bottle) A little disappointed that the violets arent really prominent after dry down, its more spicy berry with a dash of what i think is floral in the background.

Wait never mind there it is, after an hr and half theres definitely violet right there, its got a nice cloud around the application area but it screams when you get in close to smell it. This is also has some serious throw, i didnt even do a partial roll and some of my roomies asked if anyone else is smelling super sweet candy.

I dont think im a fan of this one tbh, its pretty but a little too pretty for me

• 7 months later...

I'm usually anti-floral, but I have to say that Mara is slowly making me a convert. Lately I've been encountering some of her "sweet/foody florals" that I really, really like. This is one - it's sweet and floral all at the same time! When it's wet I love it - it reminds me of something from my childhood, I think maybe it's scratch 'n sniff stickers I had, but I'm not sure. When it first dries it does go through an awkward phase, and at first I thought that I wasn't going to like it when it dried. It had a bit of an "off" smell, maybe kind of plastic-y? But after an hour or so it settled right down into this beautiful, sweet, fruity violet floral. I LOVE this one - it's so nice for spring, and it makes me happy to finally be able to be all girly and wear florals!

:lol: As a declared foodie, this was a complete win for me too! I'm so proud to have some florals in my collection of loves :)

I had a few before this that were "likes" but this was the first one that seemed floral all the way through but stayed a candied floral the whole time. Even Pethivier was decidedly desert-y for me - all chocolate jumping out of the bottle. This one is just sugared violets for me. LUUURV

• 10 months later...

I was surprised when I tried An Act of Violets, because violet isn't a scent I go for, though it is in Fleurs de Vanille which is a coveted fragrance of mine. I decided to give it a go, got it as a sniffie so why not? The acai berry mixes beautifully with the violet, and it isn't spiky or cloying at all (which is what violet typically does to my skin). Such a pleasant surprise!

• 3 weeks later...

I received a free bottle of this with my last order. :thank-you: Hee hee! It's like getting a Christmas present with your Christmas presents. :)

I'm not very familiar with the scent of violets so I didn't know what to expect; some florals can go pretty loud on me and give me sensory overload. Not so with this. Act of Violets is a warm, gentle floral with a thread of berry underlying the base. Sensuous comes to mind. For some reason I'm picturing dinner at a nice restaurant in a warm locale, one of those places where you can sit at an outdoor table and enjoy the sunset as the sky blooms pink and purple. For me this falls under the category of a "skin" scent, something I'd wear when I want to "smell this good naturally". It's more Mmmmm, that's nice than HELLOOO, FLORAL.

My hair is fussy so I largely stick to a particular brand of hair care products. While I like the scents of the various lines a lot, they can be a bit strong for the first couple of hours, so I have to take care in choosing non-clashing perfume when I use certain products. An Act of Violets is the kind of fragrance I could wear with any of them, even though the scents range from tropical to berry to herbal. Can't get much more versatile than that. :)

Edited by Patchjulie

• 2 months later...

I applied this a few nights ago after a day of gardening and a lot of soaking in an Epsom salts tub. This is beautiful. It captures the violet scent, which I love, but can nearly make me swoon if it gets too heady. The berry lifts the violet and lightens it. Put some on my pillowcase and drifted right off to dreamland.

• 3 months later...

I got my full bottle as a free gift. It always looked interesting on Etsy, but then I thought the name was “An Ace of Violets” due to the fancy “t” on “Act”. As in “ace in the hole” or what I thought of first “the ace of spades” (Motorhead). After I realized it was An “Act” of Violets, even better. I never really knew what violets smelled like until receiving this. Now it is one of my favorite florals. Wet it smells like violets complete with the stems. Very floral and violety. Then, the berries pop out. There is something else in there (pepper and clove), but I would never had been able to identify what it was without reading the notes and I don’t smell them; I guess they just round out the fragrance. It’s a nice violet/berry/herbal scent. Nice for spring. A pleasant bonus freebie!