Ishtar's Star

luna65

AD-IshtarStar_.jpg

Ishtar's Star

Radiating as bright as the eight-pointed star A goddess of feminine might, the light of the evening star Yet never to fade as she remains in the heavens with morning’s glow. In strength always, raising the cup of wisdom and bounty Riding the lion of victory, she is the anger of war And the mercy of love.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Fig lovers will no doubt go wild for the fig in this, it's very fresh and ripe but not syrupy. It has a tinge of green in it, but it's not as green as the fig in Sugared Magi. As this dries down, however, the other notes really come to the fore and it's a lovely exotic veil of powdery warmth. Not too heavy, so nice for warm-weather wear for those who enjoy the more wood/resin-centric blends.

Fig lovers will no doubt go wild for the fig in this, it's very fresh and ripe but not syrupy. It has a tinge of green in it, but it's not as green as the fig in Sugared Magi. As this dries down, however, the other notes really come to the fore and it's a lovely exotic veil of powdery warmth. Not too heavy, so nice for warm-weather wear for those who enjoy the more wood/resin-centric blends.

Awesome! This is one I cant wait to try , me loves the figgy scents.

• 4 weeks later...

This is really exotic! Exotic and mysterious just like the description suggests. I agree with the others that it's a fresh ripe fig, but not green, just more juicy than syrupy but still full-bodied. As it dries down, the sandalwood provides for a warm, sexy background and the light spices also emerge; this isn't a "spicy" fragrance per se but accented just enough with a dusting of spice. Whatever those roots--jamarosa and what was the other one--are they must adding to the exotic feel of it, because I get the feeling of being in a locale that's far warmer and sexier than New Jersey. :D

• 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...

Oh, this is lovely! I grew up on the Mediterranean, and I absolutely love the smell of fig trees, the mix of milky green sap and purple ripeness... yum!

This is one of the most realistic fig notes I've smelled in a long time - it's fresh and soft and puts me in mind of the late afternoon after one of those long sunny days.. when the afternoon lazily stretches into the evening and seemingly never wants to end... the sun is beginning to go down and it's finally getting a little cooler, and all of a sudden the beautiful smell of nearby fig trees surrounds you.

Wow. This takes me back years :)

• 1 year later...

Wow, this is such a morpher! At first it was very fresh and clean and I thought it would be just "meh". But it deepens and develops a bit of warmth and it's really lovely. It's like gentle sweet green woods, but done in such a way that I like them, and I don't normally like woods. This is one of those smells that is so light you could get a bottle and rub spoonfuls of it in to your skin and it probably wouldn't be too much. Or perfume an unscented body lotion with it.

• 4 months later...

When I saw the notes and description for this, I didn't think I would like it too much. It seemed like it would be overly heavy/perfumey/spicy. To my surprise it's actually quite a light scent. Green-y, but not like your typical green fragrances, as the green tapers down, it's just this exotic perfume. It's quite nice. I think the lightness of the scent is why I like it.

• 1 month later...

I tend to like fig notes in perfume, but finding the right perfume oil for me is something else. I had high hopes for this one, but I didn't care for the green and a bit too light in some areas for me. That said, as with Iron Angel due to the ingredients in there I'll probably use the sample for magic ritual in the future.

• 1 month later...

Considering it's Easter right now, I thought it would be perfect to wear Ishtar's Star.

WOW. It's so different from what I remember. I wonder if my sample vial had "travel shock" when I tried it last time. It's much more perfume-y than last time. But absolutely beautiful. It's not a light green scent, but instead it's like heady perfumed green. Very nice.

This remains - along with Sugared Magi - my favorite fig scent. It's funny because as I've mentioned, Quince got me a bunch of Pacifica scents for my birthday and one of them is Mediterranean Fig. It's the type of fig I like although it's more woody than green, really. But when he asked me how I was liking the scents he wanted me to comment on each one so for the Mediterranean Fig I said, "Well I know you picked all the fruit scents because you figured I'd like them, bless you sweet man, but I already have a better version of this and it's called Ishtar's Star."

• 9 months later...

Oh. My. God. FIG!!! Of COURSE that's why I adore this one! I recently acquired this from the inimitable Just Ducky. It's absolutely gorgeous. LOVE LOVE LOVE. I couldn't remember the notes so I got them from the archive:

SANDALWOOD ~ Love, exotic, sensual atmospheric, aphrodisiac, healing, spirituality, exorcism.
FIG ~ Wisdom, fertility, love, luck, protection, aids restful sleep, divination, feminine sexuality.
JAMAROSA ROOT ~ Self confidence, strong aphrodisiac properties, attracts affection and love, fertility.
BUCHU ROOT ~ Love, exotic, sensual atmospheric, aphrodisiac, healing, spirituality, exorcism.
NUTMEG ~ Strengthens clairvoyance, luck, money, health, fidelity.
VANILLA ~ Aphrodisiac, inspires happiness, playfulness, sexual arousal, lust, insatiability.
WOODS ~ Enhances perception of beauty, love, sensuality, money, luck, hex-breaking.

Every single one of the note-- that I recognize (hee!)--are wins for me, and apparently Jamarosa and Buchu are also wins! Snoofing the bottle, this smells bright and fresh. Reminds me of one of my shampoos--which is a compliment. However! As soon as it hits my skin, it goes all warm and sultry: Dark, sweet, rich, exotic incense. It lasts like a mofo and I still smell beautiful the next day.

I've been attracted to this one since I found LP and have waited this long to get some. Go figure. But...can't resist sayin'...some things are indeed worth waiting for! :w00t:

:burning-heart:

ETA: Luna, I LOVE this!!!

....... "Well I know you picked all the fruit scents because you figured I'd like them, bless you sweet man, but I already have a better version of this and it's called Ishtar's Star."

Edited by ElizabethOSP

• 1 year later...

This isn't my full review yet, but I must note that I'm testing some VERY heavy scents at the moment on different places on my arms(Eve of Darkness, Eye of the Moggie, Liquid Mystery,Blackcat Mojo), and the sandalwood in this one is throwing its weight around! I can smell it more intensely projection wise than any of the others! Good thing I love sandalwood.

sandalwood?? sandle-wow!! (sorry, dorky)