Give Peas a Chance

luna65

AD-PeasChance.jpg

Give Peas a Chance

Friendship is bliss…especially with this lovely, almost edible floral and soft musk blend, promoting the sweetest bonds of fealty and companionship. Our *centerpeace* is the charming Sweet Pea which finds horticultural harmony with a host of other dewy, friendship-encouraging blooms, (Zinnia, Hyacinth, Ivy)…like the first flowering of the season, a time in which anything can blossom with the proper encouragement…all we are saying, is give (our) peas a chance!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:
SWEET PEA ~ Lasting pleasure, blissfulness, youthful attraction, friendship, courage, strength.
ZINNIA ~ Friendship, innocence, affection, memory, keeps you in their thoughts.
HYACINTH ~ Attracts love and luck, protection, playfulness, joy, relieves grief, eases childbirth, dependability, constancy, friendship.
ENGLISH and HAWAIIAN IVY(S) ~ Wedded love, fidelity, friendship, affection, protection, sex, divination, healing, stamina.
NIGERIAN MUSK ~ Self-confidence, strength, sexual attractant, heightens passions and arousal.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I expected this one to be somewhat like Betrothal or Flower of Venus but the ivy is really strong on me, it's reminding me more of Hoyden. So it's green with a sort of overhang of floral, it brings to mind sitting in a gazebo which is surrounded by greenery and there are flowering vines entwined with all the other plants. I'm curious to know if anyone else is getting that same effect or if the flower notes are stronger. Also, unfortunately, the musk in this is going really soapy on me. *sigh*

I couldnt wait to try this because I am a huge sweetpea fan.

Still havent tried it, but I love the description...

• 2 weeks later...

This gives me a very FRESH impression, the still-crisp breezes of early spring despite the warmer sun and temperature. It is clean in a cheerful, fresh-laundry way. Definitely a daytime scent IMO, maybe for me would be even a morning-only scent. Of the notes, I only know what hyacinth and musk smell like, so I don't know which flower(s) to credit these impressions to.

The first time I tried this I basically couldn't smell anything because um, the bath was filling up and I had a really strong bath oil going in there. Yeah, great time to test perfumes eh? Now the second time I got to give it the attention it deserved and it's actually lovely. On me it is mostly sweet pea, sugar and a hint of white musk (I get the tiniest hint of zinnia but that's because we grew them for so long I'll never forget what they smell like). It really is an "edible floral" like the description says and also very peaceful--wonderful for bedtime or layered with G2 for those family outings where you fear something's going to combust.

Edited by Invidiana

There is nothing I can think to add to the wonderful descriptions already posted. My nose sees colors when I sniff, and this is a cute, pinkie periwinkle blue that is perfect for Springtime.

• 2 months later...
This gives me a very FRESH impression, the still-crisp breezes of early spring despite the warmer sun and temperature. It is clean in a cheerful, fresh-laundry way. Definitely a daytime scent IMO, maybe for me would be even a morning-only scent. Of the notes, I only know what hyacinth and musk smell like, so I don't know which flower(s) to credit these impressions to.

I recently revisited my sample of this and I agree that it is very fresh, clean and daytime. I can't pick out a specific floral, but on me it is a sweet, pure 'flower' smell. Not syrup sweet. No spice or anything heavy. Just flower. Suitable for, but not exclusively, the young. Me likey.

• 4 weeks later...
I expected this one to be somewhat like Betrothal or Flower of Venus but the ivy is really strong on me, it's reminding me more of Hoyden. So it's green with a sort of overhang of floral, it brings to mind sitting in a gazebo which is surrounded by greenery and there are flowering vines entwined with all the other plants. I'm curious to know if anyone else is getting that same effect or if the flower notes are stronger. Also, unfortunately, the musk in this is going really soapy on me, *sigh*

First of all, I like Betrothal Potion (BP) very much. I ordered 2 bottles even though my hubby doesn't like it.

This reminded me of BP and I had to apply BP on my other hand to evaluate this.

At application, this was much sweeter and simpler than Betrothal Potion. Alternating between the two, this made BP smell flat and bitter and this is probably because of the 'green' scent in BP. Then I had a panic attack. Is there a need to amend my order (which should be on it's way here) or do I have to put in another order to grab a bottle of this?

Then I decided to let it breathe. Half an hour later, this still smells better than BP. That's not much I can do for now so I went on with putting my kids to sleep.

About an hour after the initial application, the true winner surfaced ..... and that's .... BP.

Don't get me wrong. I like this very much and it deserves a full bottle order. It's just that it does not have as much holding power and that means I will have to refresh numerous times. This will make a wonderful scent for bedtime (and thus reapplication will not be required).

Edited by JOC

• 4 months later...

This is Fresh, clean soap on me! It didn't last very long tho... about 1 hour? And then the scent's gone! :lol:

Reminds me of hand soap and it's great to put them on the back of my hands :001_tt2:

This is Catherine's favorite scent. She was filling bottles yesterday and demanded I make her a collection of creams & lotions to go along with her perfume. She says she ALWAYS gets compliments on it when she wears it.

It's so strange how different our chemistries react and how different our tastes all are. She kept saying, "This is the BEST scent you've got right now," and couldn't comprehend that most of our group like the "foodies" best. She kept saying, "but EVERYONE compliments me on this one! So it's not just ME!" LOL!

I think it's one of those which the general populace would apprehend as "perfume" so they respond positively because it smells like they think personal fragrance should smell.

IMO it's very nicely constructed, it just doesn't work for me personally.

"but EVERYONE compliments me on this one! So it's not just ME!" LOL!

I'm trying to find one within the LP collection!!! :J001: I love all the choices!!!! Which makes it really hard to decide!!! :001_302:

A sweet floral. I've mentioned before that I'm no good at distinguishing between different kinds of florals, aside from roses; that remains true.

But I can say that I like this one. Very fresh, and clean, and not an 'old lady' scent. I think it'd make a lovely lotion scent, as well as a perfume.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Confession time: I usually think of light florals as boring. There, I said it. But every now and then, one of them will seduce me with its sheer prettiness. Give Peas a Chance is one of these.

It's much girlier and more innocent than the scents I usually favour, but it's so beautiful that I'm willing to cheat on my resins-and-spice staple blends. Just for this once.

My skin seems to turn a lot of florals creamy, and this is what I end up with - a mellow, light, creamy scent. Not a hint of soapiness or high-pitched old lady florals in sight. Truly gorgeous and springlike!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

This starts off as a sharp floral with a green background. I get a lot of the hyacinth and sweet pea notes from this blend. The sweet pea is lovely, but I have a hard time with floral blends in general. The sharpness does fade quickly leaving the soft scent of sweet pea and musk. I give it a thumbs up in the floral blend category.

• 7 months later...

This is kind of sharp and green on me, too... and not as sweet as I was hoping. Will save to try around the b/f, to see if he likes it. Otherwise, I could take it or leave it, which probably means swap box...

• 1 month later...

This sniffee jumped at me when I searching in my backpack ( LP samples and bottles of the day purse ) and I thought sure I'll test you out. WOW I was so pleasantly surprised. This is so lovely!!! It wasn't screaming at me the way some florals like to do. It was very pretty! It smelled expensive and fresh! I love how it stayed close to my skin and made me feel clean and upbeat.

Totally perfect for Spring and for those lazy girls like me that don't wash their hair, forget deodorant, and need something to make their day sunny while smelling clean and fresh. Okay you know those commercials where that cute little kitty scratches the litter box and then the cartoons of clean pretty smelling things come out and then everyone is happy? That is what this reminds me of.

Like if you come close or scratch me I smell so clean and pretty, even though I need to wash these jeans and hair.

• 1 month later...

This one is quite pretty, very floral and sweet, but the musk is very strong on me. It smells a bit too "perfumey". I can see that there would be people out there that would love it, but it's just not my scent.

• 4 months later...

From an earlier post: "So it's green with a sort of overhang of floral, it brings to mind sitting in a gazebo which is surrounded by greenery and there are flowering vines entwined with all the other plants. I'm curious to know if anyone else is getting that same effect or if the flower notes are stronger. also, unfortunately, the musk in this is going really soapy on me."

It wore as a very nice floral for me, definitely 'green' and spring like in scent. The floral wasn't at all overpowering and the sweat pea scent was dead-on, unlike others I've worn that get to icky floral. The musk came out after this had dried down and about 2 hours into applying.

• 7 months later...

I think this would be a good one to get boosted because it's like Sneaky Clean in that no one would suspect you're wearing perfume. It smells like you're fresh from the shower clean. I don't want to smell like perfume when I go to bed at night but sometimes I want to wear pheros so I think this would be perfect for that!

• 3 months later...

I'm smelling through only one nostril right now, but from what I do smell I really like this one!! Since when have I become such a flower girl??

The first product that ever got me interested in smelling nice was a sweet pea scented lotion from Bath and Body Works. Now, later when I revisited that lotion, I'll admit I don't like it as much or my tastes have changed, but when I smell this it brings me back to my initial impression of "wow I actually want to smell like this!"

I smell predominantly the sweet pea, which is a soft, fleshy edible flower--just like the description states. It evokes feelings of the skin soft, velvety, dewy petals of the flower...

The transition to the musk is very natural, it just kind of softly supports the delicate flowers. All in all a very clean, innocent scent.

I love this, don't know why I never did a review.

It's a clean, sheer'ish floral. But, it also has depth.

This is one of the things I love about LP.. make a scent that's "almost" a classic type but it retains a wholly unique element.

I feel light and happy wearing this. There is an innocent'ish feel but it's a big girl scent.

OW or Levitation phero would be a natural paring here. :)

• 11 months later...

I cannot believe more people are not raving about this one. To think I almost put my bottle on the trade page. I forgot that I had this on and I kept smelling something so beautiful in my cubicle and I said.. Wow what smells so gorgeous?? It's ME! There's something really beautidul and blissful about this scent. I noticed that it's making me feel like I have meditated for 40 days straight. It's a fresh and happy feeling. Total nirvana.

I asked my boss for some time to catch up on emails instead of jumping in and he said no, but I didn't give a fuck because I smell good and he's probably going to drop dead anyhow. I think it's the sweet pea that smells so delicious and calming. I definitely will be buying Sugared Sweet Pea to compare!

• 2 weeks later...

It's such a pretty clean light scent. I seem to usually forget about it but I don't want to sell it either. I could see this coming in handy for you LV. Being preggers, no pheros etc.

Maybe this would go well with the sugared Birthday Cake?

Edited by StacyK