Spontaneous Combustion

paganlady

Guest icing

On my skin I get slivers of dark, glossy chocolate, with sparks of almost sweet spices dancing above... but it fades beyond super!quickly. :thumbup:

Midnight Cravings turns into something reminiscent of buttered toast and Old Spice for a while... until it eventually calms down to a dry amber-patchouli scent.

What else is in the same family as Spontaneous Combustion?

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It started out very spicy with a hint of cocoa. As it mellowed, it turned into a combination of sweet cinnamon and amber. I'll probably layer this with some sandalwood scents or vanilla as suggested by the ladies.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I absolutely love this! Spectacular tobacco-cinnamon scent on me, even more beautiful with a dab of Spirit Bottle, it makes it sweet/resin-y/spicy/smoky goodness.

SANDALWOOD ~ Love, exotic, sensual atmospheric; aphrodisiac.

VANILLA BEAN ~ Love, lust, increases sexual appetite.

CARDAMOM ~ Lust, love, self stimulating.

CINNAMON ~ Male sexual stimulation, passion, lust, healing, protection, energy, creativity, psychic powers. SPEEDS events.

COCOA BEAN ~ Evokes feelings of love, stamina.

ESPRESSO BEAN - Stimulation, stamina.

SUGAR ~ Attracts love, luck, sweetness, riches, lust inducing.

TOBACCO ~ In this blend, used for it's euphoric sexual heightening qualities.

AMBER ~ Fertility, love, luck, riches.

My experience with this scent is that it was so hot it blew the top off of my sample (bada bing). I completely forgot all about how much I adored this one. I need a full bottel :'-(

Edited by Beccah1

• 4 weeks later...

WOW.. this is SPICY chocolate! :thumbup: It's really nice!!! I quite like it! It has a perfume quality to it! I really like the cinnamon :):):) This is SPICY! :):D:D

PS: Oh... this dries down so beautifully! Powderynss :) probably the sandalwood :):):) Itz kinda SMOKEY! :) Wow... i'm really enjoying the change in scent here... It's cool!!!! :)

Edited by bumbob

• 3 weeks later...

I am wearing this today, and it is just like the first time I wore it.....I can't stop sniffing myself!

I found out that there is still some available.....so I decided to go in and buy a couple more bottles of it!

ETA.....a quick note to you copulin-lovers like me.....this one is great to amp with Essence Oil.....if you do a lot of boosting of your bottles like I do, sometimes when the EoW "blooms", you can get bleed through of the EoW pungency.....this one has none of that.....the spiciness and richness hides the cops perfectly.....

Edited by Dolly

• 1 month later...

At first, this is a big blast of spicy chocolate and coffee. The spice in this is very alluring... I can see it being devastatingly sexy on both genders.

After a few minutes, the cinnamon and the base notes become more prominent. Spontaneous Combustion eventually settles into a soft and cuddly scent, which I wouldn't have expected given its firey character when freshly applied. But no matter what, this is a very sexy and addictive blend!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This starts out as a sweet and almost too sharp spicy fragrance, the cinnamon most prominent. However, it soon settles into a comfortable, sweet, not quite (but almost) gourmand scent, and the vanilla, chocolate and coffee notes begin to peek through. It's very soothing, and kind of smells like cinnamon-y maple syrup. I like this one a lot!

• 2 months later...

My first reaction was "CHRISTMAS CANDLES!" closely followed by Christmas cookies, lol. I never got any chocolaty scent from this one but I adore the spiciness of it. It's mellowed out now but smells like after one blows out said Christmas candles and you get that faintly smoky, still spicy, gentle fragrance that still wafts through the house. This will be my holiday fragrance, without doubt!

When I opened the bottle, it smelled a lot like an aftershave. Reminded me of Old Spice - don't freak! My stepdad wore Old Spice, but on that Eastern European, it smelled wonderful! I never got that same effect with anyone else wearing it. And he always smelled great!

When I applied to wrist, the first effect I got was of spearmint chewing gum - while it's being chewed! Don't ask me, I just smelled it. Wrigley's Spearmint to be precise. Yes, I know there's no spearmint in it.

Then after that settled a bit, I got the cinnamon overlaid on that - I love cinnamon and if I buy gum myself, it's cinnamon.

After those 2, next the tobacco became apparent to me, and the amber with it - in almost equal proportions - smell wise.

This smells androgynous to masculine, but I LIKE IT. It's had a great response from one male and one female that I came in contact with tonight. She was really enthusiastic about it.

My thoughts: This is one to wear when I'm either wanting to, or feeling Impervious. This would be my superhero scent. I also think I could temper some of the (to me) really foody scents - and make them all SPEC - TAC - U - LAR. On me, which is all I'm concerned with, really.

Edit to add: I put a little OCCO Blue on it; (I put that aside as being one of those too fruity/foody smelling for me to wear) and that wasn't so great; so I put more Spontaneous Combustion over that - and it's gorgeous! Completely transformed both into AMAZING. I can smell the Cardamon now.

Edited by Sylah

Today I tried it over 4 drops of cops; and it smells completely different! I like this even more - so versatile! OMG you ladies are genius - I 'stumbled' this site and it was a 'discovery'.

First apparent with overlaying the cops, it stopped the cops smell right away! I'm getting at the first instance mostly Cinnamon and Tobacco. With a tiny bit of sweetness behind that.

YUM!!!!! Magickal, but of course.

• 1 month later...

Ahhhh, its wonderful. i sniffed it in sample. it is coffee n smoke..

on my skin it turns out to be coffee spicy smoke.... soooooo sexy. just right for me. i can't describe it much but it is sexy yummy , sexy hot N sexy smoke around me..... just right with dominance, leather with or without cops. it is definitely combustion.....

seductive & strong, people can't help but notice you from top to bottom, just to understand what's burning or who's spreading the heat lol lol :D

• 5 months later...

Finally got a bottle of this. The first thing that jumps out at me is the spices. Delicious, delicious spices! It kind of melds with the sandalwood, and the tobacco and espresso definitely make their presence known. A very hot scent! There's something very sensual and kind of mysterious about it.

• 1 month later...

First thing that jumps out in bottle is ....dirt?! Could that be the smoke and coffee? This is simiar to Garden of Mystery to my nose,,,hope it wears different than this on me

SANDALWOOD ~ Love, exotic, sensual atmospheric; aphrodisiac.

VANILLA BEAN ~ Love, lust, increases sexual appetite.

CARDAMOM ~ Lust, love, self stimulating.

CINNAMON ~ Male sexual stimulation, passion, lust, healing, protection, energy, creativity, psychic powers. SPEEDS events.

COCOA BEAN ~ Evokes feelings of love, stamina.

ESPRESSO BEAN - Stimulation, stamina.

SUGAR ~ Attracts love, luck, sweetness, riches, lust inducing.

TOBACCO ~ In this blend, used for it's euphoric sexual heightening qualities.

AMBER ~ Fertility, love, luck, riches.

ETA: YES! it does amp differently on me. I've had it on for a half hour and I get the spice cinnamon for sure...and something else....OH my nose just sucks I wish I was as good at identifying notes as the rest of you guys! But so far so good.

Edited by Raq On

I wore this once and I was pleasantly surprised. I thought the sandalwood would scream at me, but I loooved how it turned masculine on me.

Reminded me of wearing Bf's dress shirts or smelling like him, but in a sexy womanly way. Must be the tobacco. I might have to bust this one out tomorrow and give it another whirl.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

My man loves this one on me......it blooms beautifully and amps the spices.....I might need to snatch up a couple more bottles in the sale.....

Since I have been wearing this one the last couple of nights, my man has re-named it "Spontaneous Erection".....wearing it tonight with a boost of Leather plus cops.....works like a charm!

Since I have been wearing this one the last couple of nights, my man has re-named it "Spontaneous Erection".....wearing it tonight with a boost of Leather plus cops.....works like a charm!

Can't wait until it cools off so I can wear this again!

• 1 month later...

This caught my attention when I first started with LP. I'm retesting this again. There seems to be a similar ingredient in this and in Naughty Minx. Is it anise which gives it a perfumery/soapy scent. I'll have to try this when the weather gets cooler.

• 5 months later...

This is quite a spicy, amber-heavy blend, with a touch of "foodiness" thrown in. I like it enough as a smell, but not sure I would want my skin to smell like this. I think it is probably more of a winter smell, and maybe in this hot weather it just smells a little stifling.

• 2 months later...

Finally getting around to this one! My gf got it before the new year and let me give it a test run. I remember liking it but I think my phero list at the time just pushed it out into the nether regions and while cruising the site it caught my eye again. Have a fb on the way and can't wait to get my nose over this again, lol, it's gonna be GOOOOOOOD.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

In the bottle I pick out the tobacco of all notes, which is not a bad thing because I apparently have a thing for tobacco and smoke notes, lol. Mmmm, this one is sweet and savory but mostly sweet...looking forward to putting on this delicious blend soon!

---------------------------------------------------

EDIT:

This one is REALLY foodie...like totally YUM! But it's SO crazy! It's foodie, earthy, creamy spice. HOW IN THE WORLD DOES THAT WORK? It's crazy, this is so YUM. My brain thinks food..but then I get tobacco? Sandalwood? which just seems to compliment the spices which my brain just goes "huh?" but it makes total sense/scents together! It finishes to a creamy vanilla amber sugar sweetness...LOVE that sugary finish...love.

Edited by NuTrix

• 2 months later...

OK, this is for the newbies who want some scents that will handle a cops boost....this one does! Oh so very well!

I don't see this as excessively foodie....my man dislikes cakey-foody scents, and while this one is a bit foody on me, there is just enough tobacco, amber, and other non-foody elements to make it not too food-like. My man actually loves this on me because I amp the amber and spice.....I am wearing it right now, and am quite sure that I am getting lucky tonight!

Anywhooooo, back to my original reason for my post.....if you are looking for a scent that is not really strong and overpowering, but can handle cops, this one is still available!

Edited by Dolly

• 3 weeks later...

This was an instant hit for me. It smelled really foody in the bottle. I am got vanilla, tobacco etc in this when wet on skin. Others thought that this one smelled good on me as well.

It was very true on my skin. I paired it with Tiillating Temptress and it was awesome!

I have a sniffie of this, and do you know what it reminds me of? They used to sell "Christmas Chocolate" at the Lindt store in the '90's. It was chocolate with cinnamon and cardamom, and I always bought bars and bars of the dark version. Wow, this takes me back, even the tobacco, 'cause I used to smoke, hee heee! Now around the holidays, I always look for it, and even ask the Lindt sales guys about it. They always give me puzzled looks, and then when I explain what it is, they are like, "wow, that sounds great, sorry we don't carry it anymore." This year, I'll just stick out my wrist and ask them to smell, and oh, where's that general manager?? I want them to smell,too.

Scooped up a back up bottle of this in the $10 sale...I LOVE the tobacco note from this...it's foodie, it's rich, it's got great depth..GrrrRuffff!

• 4 weeks later...

OK, this is for the newbies who want some scents that will handle a cops boost....this one does! Oh so very well!

I don't see this as excessively foodie....my man dislikes cakey-foody scents, and while this one is a bit foody on me, there is just enough tobacco, amber, and other non-foody elements to make it not too food-like. My man actually loves this on me because I amp the amber and spice.....I am wearing it right now, and am quite sure that I am getting lucky tonight!

Anywhooooo, back to my original reason for my post.....if you are looking for a scent that is not really strong and overpowering, but can handle cops, this one is still available!

..and so I did!

I got this with cops and yes! definitely YES!! Just read above.

:D

Edited by StacyK

I saw you mentioned home boosting with EO - how many drops do you boost with? I can get away with 10 in a 5ml spray - just - but I'm thinking a full 1/3 oz bottle could handle at least twice that...? Share your thoughts? :heart708:

I saw you mentioned home boosting with EO - how many drops do you boost with? I can get away with 10 in a 5ml spray - just - but I'm thinking a full 1/3 oz bottle could handle at least twice that...? Share your thoughts? :heart708:

I had to go look back at my notes, because I forgot! I used 25 drops in this one.

And I just went to look and realized I have polished off 1 and a half bottles of this one, so I had to go get two more bottles in the sale.....

Edited by Dolly

Thank you Dolly! And I'm not surprised it could handle so many either - it's a great fragrance! LOL better to stock up now before they disappear!

I had to go look back at my notes, because I forgot! I used 25 drops in this one.

And I just went to look and realized I have polished off 1 and a half bottles of this one, so I had to go get two more bottles in the sale.....

LOL, you've been busy ;)

I've got my sample of this one on me right now and I love how light it is, its truly just an amazing scent. I don't really smell the chocolate note, its more of a tobacco note... I just love this one... I picked up my big box of goodies and I will get to sniff all of these beauties when i get home from my trip... I have a FB of this baby with COPS added, so I can not wait to get my grubby hands on this big box of goodness...