Plum Exotique

Invidiana

AD-PlumEx_.jpg

Plum Exotique

Beautifully sweet plum accord is framed by thick creamy amber woods and ambergris, complemented by light Indonesian sandalwood and an uplifting spice accord. Fabulously rich and ornate, this is plum like you’ve never experienced!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:
AMBER ~ Fertility, love, luck, riches.
PLUM ~ Inspires and maintains love and bonding, protects dwelling against evil and intrusion.
WOODS ~ Enhances perception of beauty, love, sensuality, money, luck, hex-breaking.
AMBERGRIS ~ Increases personal power, heightens sexual responses, dreaming.
SANDALWOOD ~ Love, exotic, sensual atmospheric, aphrodisiac, healing, spirituality, exorcism.
SPICES ~ Lust, love, invigoration.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This is just beautifully rich, complex, bursting with sensuous plum and other exotic goodness that throws me into a total swoon. At first the plum steals the show, and this is a gorgeous ripe purple plum with just the right hint of tartness, but as it dries down it gets better and better. The amber and ambergris are first to show up, deepening it with resinous luxury, and finally the sandalwood and a hint of spice emerge as a sensual background supporting the plum and amber lusciousness. This is a stunning fragrance now, and I can't imagine how much better it will keep getting with age.

I do feel like this one is the 'star of the show' this month :lol: I don't think I've ever smelled plum done like this before! The plum really stands out, without going 'christmas-y' or getting steered toward 'oriental'. I'm impressed!

I love this one, too. The plum is just the right amount of sweet, not super-fruity, and mixes fantastically with the amber and spices. I think I'm adding this to my wanted list.

A full-on blast of sugar plums when wet, it dries down to a sassy, sweet, summertime perfume. I'm so glad! Definitely fruity, and just tipping the scales to youthful.

• 2 weeks later...

This one would be a great scent for a EoW/sexual blend add-in because the fruit is so robust. The plum note is actually a little too syrupy for me, I think, but I love the amber, it's so rich and beautiful.

• 7 months later...
AMBER ~ Fertility, love, luck, riches.

PLUM ~ Inspires and maintains love and bonding, protects dwelling against evil and intrusion.

WOODS ~ Enhances perception of beauty, love, sensuality, money, luck, hex-breaking.

AMBERGRIS ~ Increases personal power, heightens sexual responses, dreaming.

SANDALWOOD ~ Love, exotic, sensual atmospheric, aphrodisiac, healing, spirituality, exorcism.

SPICES ~ Lust, love, invigoration.

• 1 year later...

I tried this without reading the ingredients and was really proud that I picked out the amber and sandalwood. My nose is getting better! I knew I didn't like it, and I don't like those scents, so I guess that's why! To me this is strong, cloying, and smells heavily of amber and allergy causing flowers. I get the woods as well, almost like an afterthought, but I have to admit I don't enjoy them either. I really thought I would like this just from the name as I love plum, but I should have read the ingredient descriptions more closely! Not for me I'm afraid.

• 3 weeks later...

This is quite tart, not the sweet and juicy kind of plum. A tiny bit of spice, I get some bitter almond, too. Don't know, if almond is one of the ingredients. I mixed this one with alcohol so that I can spray it. It makes a nice daytime scent, to be worn at the office, too.

• 10 months later...

I'm surprised I haven't reviewed this as I've had it for a few months and worn it several times. This acted as a good cover for jouir de for me, which although it does not need a cover, I wasn't a fan of the jouir de scent but wanted to wear it for the cops.

The plum, amber, orchid, and honey worked well together but I'd have to test it out again to get into specifics.

This is one of the rare perfumes I enjoy wearing that has sandalwood in it. Overall, this perfume is very much like incense sticks that you pick out because they smell good unburnt (only to find out it smells completely different and just identical to pretty much every other incense when burnt.) This has that powdery perfumed and unburnt incense smell to it so it's very much a head shop scent. I actually wore this out and a very cute young pothead couple were gushing over how much they loved my perfume and how much it smelled like a headshop.

i keep meaning to test this out as a deodorant or as a home-smell-via-heated perfume oil smell. I think if I did either of those I would wear it more than once every two or three weeks.

Sidenote: this does have a lot of strength, throw, and lasting power.

• 2 years later...

I pulled this out today on a whim. It's aged really nicely. I noticed that it's lost some of the syrupy sweetness that had always made it feel just a little too much for me. It came off very gently, instead of hanging around me in a thick cloud the way I've experienced before. I'll have to wear it more often. I got lots of compliments on it at work, and one young girl even swooned. That's always a nice reaction! :D