3 of Pears

Invidiana

AD-3Pears_.jpg

3 of Pears

Success is all a matter of playing your cards right… Everyone wants an ace in the hole when it comes to matters of the heart and wallet...well, how about a 3 of Pears? Did you know the pear is lucky? Not only is it one juicy attractant of love, lust and longevity, but good fortune as well. This fruity and flowery success potion is brimming with summery notes of pear, plumeria, pineapple and pikaki, then given an extra "Show me the money!" spin with yummy maple and pecan. Are ya feelin’ lucky? The odds are on your side when you’ve got a 3 of Pears up your scented sleeve!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:
PEAR ~ Love, lust, passion, longevity, luck.
PLUMERIA ~ Love, strong ingredient for love spells.
PIKAKI ~ Self-confidence, anxiety reduction, prosperity, powerful love attractant.
PECAN ~ Money, employment.
MAPLE ~ Love attraction, longevity, money attractant. NOTE: While the citrus in this blend is quite well diluted, please be aware that citrus on bare skin under direct sunlight can burn and even bleach the skin. Take care, if you plan to wear citrus perfumes outside during the day, make sure that the areas on which you've applied it are covered by clothing.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This one goes right up there with Mistress Christmas as one of the most amazing pear scents I've ever put my nose to, and I didn't even think I was a pear fan. When pear is doused in luscious supporting notes like it is in Mistress and this one, even I love it! I'm not one to wear a pear single note, but this is far from that. It's a tropical fusion of pear and pineapple wrapped in sensuous petals of plumeria and pikake (I LOVE pikake) with a sweet nutty background of maple and pecan, which besides being stereotyped as typically fall/winter notes actually go beautifully here. Now I just want to borrow the costume that girl on the label is wearing, head to Vegas and everything will be alright. :D

Well this one is nice...personally being a pear ho. I didn't feel it delivered on all the pear goodness I was expecting, but if I ignore the name & just take the scent for what it is...It's still very beautifully crafted & smells wonderfull.

Hmm I am not a pear ho, exactly. More like a pear pole dancer **wink wink**. This is loverly loverly pear and soft fruits for about 2 hours - you know those round red asian pears? Yeah, like that. But perfume. Then all 3 pears mysteriously vanish in a cloud of...what is that base note?

Is it pecan? Dunno. I want to say musk but musk isn't mentioned in the description.

Very pretty bright springtime perfume. Peary goodness while it lasts. Longer drydown of soft fruity musky-type note.

Ok, so I chose this one to try first...not really sure why but I went with it. I immediately turned into a flower. As soon as I put it on, I lost every bit of pear that I could smell in the vial. I agree with Pony, it turns very musky on me, yet very sweet. For the moment it is going into my undecided pile. I need someone else to smell me (besides my dog)...

Ok, now that I have had it on for a couple of hours, it has really soaked into my skin, it is still has a lot of floral but it is a very light scent without hardly any musky smell anymore.

Edited by dsny918

Fascinating blend, but not for me - on me as sometimes happens with florals the plumeria shoves its way to the front almost immediately and doesn't let any other notes speak up :( Posted to trade so it can be properly loved...

Ack! Not for me. I am getting a migraine from it almost instantly. Damn plumeria. It is really pretty and bright, almost sharp for the first few minutes before it starts settling down.The pikake is adding some lushness at this point. The pear is being eaten by the florals but it still lends a green feel to it. This is more perfumey than I usually go for, but very pretty for those that like florals. I wish I could see what happens after a few hours but the crazy fast onset migraine is scary stuff I don't want to mess with. A perfume I tried once with cyclamen an aquatics put me in the hospital once, and I don't like this one well enough to sign up for a morphine drip.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm getting much the same effect as others...for about five minutes or so it's a pretty, bright fruit blend with a flowery aura, and then the plumeria and pikake take over completely. I like tropical flower notes but they tend to be too heavy in terms of my chemistry. I would even be happy with the pineapple being equal to the florals but it's not happening.

However, you enjoy tropical florals then this is a good one to try. It totally reminds me of Hawaii, even more than Northshore.

Edited by luna65

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

When I first put this on I don't get any pear. It is very sweet, kind of cloying, a get-up-your-nose smell. After about five minutes it dries down to flowers - but "tropical flowers", so I guess I am getting just a little bit of fruit in there. But I really can't get the pear at all. After full drydown I do start to get the pear a little, but not as much as I would like, it's still being overshadowed by the flowers. Such a shame as I thought I would really love this one. Ahh well, c'est la vie!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Out of all the scents I received with my first order, this is the one I was the most excited about, and the one that made me the most sad.

I came home this evening, made dinner and spent some time with my sweetie. Then I took a shower and did a super scrub to make sure I didn't have any residual scents on from work today... I have all the vials that I ordered organized and sorted in "my room" (the guest bedroom), with the ones I have tried sorted into like/don't like, and the ones I haven't tried yet staged for quick selection.

I have been looking forward to 3 of Pears because my sweetie likes fruity scents. He seems to like cherry alot, and cherry blossom. He also likes citris scents... But he loves pears, so I figured this would be a mega win with him.

After my shower, I applied some 3 of Pears to both wrists, with a little dab on my stomach. On first application it was strong and almost apple fruity. There might have been a hint of florals, but it I mostly smelled apples. Like a pear flavored apple sauce. If anyone has tried some of those weird variety blends they sell in the snack packs. Or one of those gourmet pureed organic blends.

I asked my sweetie for his opinion after application, and again at about the 10 minute mark. He said he liked it, and it smelled a little like fruit and a little like flowers to him... I retired to the bedroom to surf the web and now I can't smell anything.

I seriously can't smell a thing. I thought it might have been absorbed and just quickly evaporated, so I went back out to ask my sweetie if he can still smell it. He says it smells exactly the same to him now as it did when I asked him an hour or two ago.

I realize now that my nose is stuffy too. Not enough, but definitely a little tightness in the sinuses.

So disappointing!

I was really excited about this one - I thought it might be something my sweetie and I would both enjoy. And I can't smell a thing. I wonder which ingredient it was that I'm allergic to:

PEAR, PLUMERIA, PINEAPPLE, PIKAKI, PECAN, MAPLE

I grew up in New England, so I'm pretty sure tha maple is good. I have a walnut allergy, but pecans are fine. I also have a mild pineapple allergy... So I bet it is either the pineapple, pikaki or the plumeria.

Oh well. Process of elimination and I'll be able to narrow this down. Really sad about this tho - it smelled really lovely in the bottle, and seemed like it might work well in the 20 or so minutes that I could still smell!

Sad kitty over here.

Edited by teacozy

Well pear is one of my favorite scents especially in LP's but this one didn't work on me either. I don't remember why it's been so long...just know it didn't. I was sad too. There are so many other fruit scents though for you and sweetie...

Unwrapped is my fave pear

Amaranth and Marigold is my fave apple

Shelly B's Bodacious Bomb is my fave melon

Girly Twirly is my fave cherry

Feeling Groovy is like CHERRY LEMONADE!!!!

Oh!!! And Any Color You Like is HG's favorite!!!! It is VERY CHERRY too!!!! He loves cherry...I think you should get a sample of that Teacozy!!!

eta: I see now that there is no cherry in Feelin' Groovy. It is Raspberry apparently. Anyway...I would look into it. It's yummy.

Edited by missdarlyncherie

When first applied I got a very strong blast of floral with a teeny bit of pear in the background hardly noticeable. At drydown the floral dies down and there isn't any trace of fruit. I can understand the musk some people are detecting...wonder what that is also. It gives the drydown scent an earthy floral smell. The dry down is a lot more pleasant than the initial smell. Since I lean towards gourmand scents, I mightve liked it more if I had gotten more pear.

• 10 months later...

I decided to try my 3 of Pears today - had True Confessions put in because I was hoping to make it a sweet, innocent welcoming scent for work. In the bottle, it smelled fairly pear like with a hint of tropical flowers in the background but after rolling on my arm, my first thought was that it reminded me of juicy fruit gum while wet - very sweet but no definable "pear" scent. If anything more a floral, blossom, tropical flavor. I let it dry down about 30 minutes and the tropical floral was pretty evident still and I decided to see what the hubby thought. After sniffing my arm, he said it reminded him of Glade air freshener, the flower meadow kind!!! Not sure if that was the True Confessions talking. :( About two hours later, its mellowed a lot but definitely a floral scent with no pear that I can detect. I think the maple and pecan might be coming through though because its a softer floral, more earthy as described somewhere above, like walking through a garden on a warm day.

Do I like it? Yes, its not in your face and actually will be great for work. I liked it more as it blended into my skin because the floral I found too sweet in the beginning did die down as time went by. Would I buy it again? No, don't think so. I'm not really a floral fragrance type of girl and really hoped to smell more pear but I think it would make a great summer scent. I'll definitely use it as it gets hotter and hotter during summer. We'll see if it changes any when introduced to the Arizona heat!!

• 1 year later...

I got this as a small sample along with a recent order, have been wanting to try as I also am a pear fan. Wet this is all juicy pear and floral, very lovely and delicate. Thankfully the floral didn't overpower me. I was a bit nervous about the "nutty" side amp'ing on me but it hasn't in this one, yes! Instead it's a light nutty mix with a hint of the plumeria, unfortunately the pear is all gone and my skin has eaten this one up, barely there now.

I got this as a small sample along with a recent order, have been wanting to try as I also am a pear fan. Wet this is all juicy pear and floral, very lovely and delicate. Thankfully the floral didn't overpower me. I was a bit nervous about the "nutty" side amp'ing on me but it hasn't in this one, yes! Instead it's a light nutty mix with a hint of the plumeria, unfortunately the pear is all gone and my skin has eaten this one up, barely there now.

If you like scents with pear you may like "Unwrapped". It's pear dominant with holiday notes accenting it Great with cops. I think it's available on the AF site.

If you like scents with pear you may like "Unwrapped". It's pear dominant with holiday notes accenting it Great with cops. I think it's available on the AF site.

Thank you! I'll take a look, Unwrapped is on my ISO of list

• 8 months later...