Mellonia's Secret

xev

AD-MelloniaSecret.jpg

Mellonia's Secret

Mellonia walks the fields, a swarm of bees following the irresistible scent of her sweetness. She smiles...one might wonder why she smiles…and her secret is known only to those worthy enough to taste her golden pleasures...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:
FIG ~ Wisdom, fertility, love, luck, protection, aids restful sleep, divination, feminine sexuality.
PRALINE ~ Feminine pleasure and lust, love, fertility, money, employment, luck.
APRICOT ~ Love, romance, passion, femininity.
HONEY, HONEYCOMB ~ Enticing, seductive, use to bewitch a straying or love, happiness, fulfillment.
VANILLA ~ Aphrodisiac, inspires happiness, playfulness, sexual arousal, lust, vitalizing, nurturing, opens up feelings of love & trust.
MAPLE SUGAR ~ Love attraction, longevity, attracts love, luck, sweetness and riches, lust inducing.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm surprised this one doesn't already have its own thread.

This scent is very nice and different from most of the honey-based scents I have. I have intentionally not looked back at the description to see what notes are supposed to be in it, so as not to bias my description.

Wet, this smells like light juicy honey with significant notes of lemon.

As it dries, I'm also getting what smells like a bit of amber and something floral. But not too floral, as I generally don't go for floral but I'm going for this.

My take on this is that it is sensual, but not what I would call naughty. It is very summery. I can see wearing it on a sunny day but I'm having difficulty imagining it as evening wear.

Okay, fully dried down I"m not getting any of the lemon, now it smells a quite a bit like sugared apricot. How strange. Also the naughtiness factor has gone up a notch or two as it has melded with my skin

This is delicious...as Xev said, it's not naughty but indeed very sensual. Of course the honey is the thing I smell first (duh) but then all the other wonderful elements come out to play...the sticky apricot and fig, which are just delicious together, and the praline and maple sugar hang in the background and add a certain almost caramelized dimension to the honey. It's like being bathed in a beautiful golden sunset--honey ho's, you can't miss this!

I don't usually like honey heavy scents that much. This one is nice & actuually warranted a swipe on the arm as I was rifling thru my monthly sampler of squee,lol. It's well balanced, still letting the honey be the star. Hmm the only other honey scent I've liked this much has been Honey Ho :lol:

:lol:

I love the honey aspect at first, it has a warm and golden quality, but then after about 10 minutes or so it's all fig and apricot and they did not like each other on my skin. I guess I have to be careful with honey and fruit notes the same as honey and vanilla...sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

Hmm. Disclaimer: Not really a honey ho. I love my cuddly Sugared Honeycomb, and I will occasionally put on a touch of Wax Poetic.

Wet at first is of course HONEY. That's fine. Then there is a hellacious mud-wrestling match and FIG comes out triumphant, raises it's little fig arms, and declares "I rule!" Yeah. fig and I are not at all friendly. But I knew that going in, so...

Luckily the apricot comes in after another 1/2 hour or so. And tones down the arrogant fig. But overall, this fruity type of honey scent doesn't work for me. I'll stick to my floral honey.

Edited by Pony

Hmm. Disclaimer: Not really a honey ho. I love my cuddly Sugared Honeycomb, and I will occasionally put on a touch of Wax Poetic.

Wet at first is of course HONEY. That's fine. Then there is a hellacious mud-wrestling match and FIG comes out triumphant, raises it's little fig arms, and declares "I rule!" Yeah. fig and I are not at all friendly. But I knew that going in, so...

Luckily the apricot comes in after another 1/2 hour or so. And tones down the arrogant fig. But overall, this fruity type of honey scent doesn't work for me. I'll stick to my floral honey.

oooooooooh i LOVE this description !!!

your total opposition to the fig and honey sold me on it!

(can there be a fig-ho? maybe a figoney or a honig ho?)

thanks Pony for this clarifying script.

love it.

can there be a fig-ho?

Well of course! Enough people have created fig PEs to qualify the demographic, I'd say.

Fig is tricky for me, it usually goes weird, only on very rare occasions does it smell fabulous (i.e. Sugared Magi) so I think it's really dependent on the other notes.

Edited by luna65

oooooooooh i LOVE this description !!!

your total opposition to the fig and honey sold me on it!

(can there be a fig-ho? maybe a figoney or a honig ho?)

thanks Pony for this clarifying script.

love it.

Glad I could be of assistance, you dirty fig-lover.

Dearest Pony...believe it or not sometimes you are a ray of sunshine in an otherwise dismal day. Your review: FTW! Little figgy arms...

(Shhh, don't tell Pony I'm short AND a Fig-Ho.... Fig-er-Ho? Sings: "Fiiiiger-ho, Figgerho-Fiiiiiggerho!"

(Shhh, don't tell Pony I'm short AND a Fig-Ho.... Fig-er-Ho? Sings: "Fiiiiger-ho, Figgerho-Fiiiiiggerho!"

I just got a great visual of the Bugs Bunny version of that and had a good snicker. :-)

**Sorts and stomps in laughter at operatic Katz**

singingcat.jpg

Hysterical.

I love each and every one of you.

:Hug_emoticon:

A note about figs....

The figs I used in this one were very sweet and syrupy.

The fig used in Magi was one of the earthy smelling figs....more of the smell of the skin of a fig, rather than the fruit.

I think Luna did a masterful job of being "delicate" in her description. Luna, feel free to expound, if you wish...

Oh yeah...:wub:

In her notes for Mellonia's Secret, Mara noted the fragrance is based on a spell to invoke the female orgasm. So if you start to feel tingly in your naughty bits when you wear it, well...you might want to sit down, at the very least. :Hug_emoticon: I tend to think it would probably work best as a fun bit of sex magick with you, your favorite toy, and your absolute focus.

And as I did note, every ingredient is indicative of the feminine and the female anatomy. The pecan, for example, is representative of the clitoris (la praline is French slang for that particular pearl of euphoria, she informed me), and the fig and honey represent the vagina. Yes, I said V-A-G-I-N-A, which is what we should all be calling it! :001_tt2:

(Remember I'm a cranky old woman sometimes.)

I guess my chemistry prefers earthy fig to sweet fig, although I love to eat figs (and if you think that's a euphemism...well, it might be ;) ).

Well sure, I'm game.

**wiggles about in spinning office chair while huffing determinedly at wrist**

Well, no luck so far. Evidently my praline is not engaged.

But I admit that Mellonia's Secret does mellow out to a nice honey scent after a few hours. With that legendary honey staying power...very huffable now.

Well sure, I'm game.

**wiggles about in spinning office chair while huffing determinedly at wrist**

Well, no luck so far. Evidently my praline is not engaged.

:Hug_emoticon: D*mn praline - not responding. I've shaken and I've stirred. LOL.

Runs away....

OMG..Thank You ALL for the best laugh at loud of the day!!! :Hug_emoticon: I have a fig question (wiping tears from cheeks) what kind of fig is in C's PE Vanilla, Amber & Fig..I luz that one!!

OMG..Thank You ALL for the best laugh at loud of the day!!! :) I have a fig question (wiping tears from cheeks) what kind of fig is in C's PE Vanilla, Amber & Fig..I luz that one!!

I can't remember off the top of my head, and I have no more on hand here, but it's easy to tell. If you detect a note like freshly turned earth, or potting soil, that's the indicator for the figgy skin type. The other is more like a fig jam - just sweet and syrupy, no earth note at all.

I am wearing this one now. Very nice indeed. It reminds me very much of Erin's Hot Honeyed Fig which was my first true LP love and my first ever fig love. Tiny bit softer.

ETA...now that's it's settled a bit I am getting the praline and maple and it's making it so velvety somehow. Amazing!

Edited by halo0073

I've sniffed this one in the vial a few times but I'm a whimp :Blusher: I don't dare put it on my skin. When I smell it in the vial the most dominant note that hits me is that honey note that's in Sugared Honeycomb & many of ShellyB's PE's...and that always turns into plastic play-dooh horribleness on me :(

If it hadn't been for the honey in this one I reckon I would have loved it... totally up Rosebuds alley

Oh Rosebud, I just had to comment and offer you my condolences on your chemistry not working with honey! That breaks my heart! :Blusher:

Sug'd Honeycomb, I'm absolutely positive, I would not be able to live without!

I am excited to try mellonia's secret, I ordered a sample with my daisycakes but I am pretty sure a full bottle will be more than required after I try it!

• 2 months later...

Honey is not my favorite...not a fan of Sugared Honeycomb, feel eh about Honey Ho... but I tested this one out of a sniffy 'blind' (I mean, not knowing the notes) and my main impressions were: light honey, very well melded with a fruit I couldn't pin down - I thought maybe peach but that was obviously the apricot -- not getting any fig yet, or if so only very faintly. It's getting quite sweet, but sugar-sweet, not honey-sweet. I am liking it better and better -- imagine it'd be beautiful slathered all over -- there's a hooked-finger, come-hither air to it but with a cheerfulness and sauciness -- it feels playfully alluring - it's giving me an image of being trailed by a train of adorers sniffing the sillage. The least smutty LPMP *HONEY* scent to my experience so far. This would be a good 'entry' honey for people scared of Pherogirl (like I was)....aw crap, I feel another bottle coming on...

ETA I got an eow-boosted bottle. I normally don't like tea scents but this has a surprising tea-like, and vaguely floral, quality on me that I really enjoy... warm and fresh-feeling at the same time- a remarkable effect. Really gives the impression of the translucent, filmy wings you see on the label. Very evocative.

Edited by tyvey

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

had to bump this because I am loving it sooooo much right now. On me it starts out with that tea-like light honeyness, and over the day it morphs into warmer, more sugar-sweet and faintly fruity... like LP Original-lite. PERFECT FOR SUMMER. I r in luv

• 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...

After i found out that celestial body turned out to be something that i liked, I had to test this out because of Halo's recommendation I think i like this one more! Celestial body is more sensual, drier, and more powdery on me than Mellonia's secret. I'm not sure if it aged and mellowed out, but it's great. The praline and vanilla add's an extra creaminess to it, but the apricot is stronger in this to keep it juicy.

I'm in a honey mood lately so I pulled out this. I love it. I don't know about honey smelling all sexy -- maybe it does and I'm just clueless -- but this is warm and light bright gold. Honey in the sunshine. After dry down it's sort of what you'd think Honey Nut Cheerios would smell like. And it had morphed to smelling like Kirkland's every time I walk in there. It's like how all their scent sachets blend together. I guess that's not too good if you don't want to smell like potpourri and cereal, but it's not bad and I'll happily play with this until it's gone.

ETA: I think it's the florals in it that give a potpourri slant. And the sweetness is what I'm interpreting as sugary cereal. Still yummy, I just don't think this is one of the down-and-dirty honeys.

ETA2: Apparently the potpourri-ishness was just a phase on my skin. It has settled into just sweet, light honey with a bit of floral.

Edited by Darbla

• 5 months later...

Necro'ing yet another old thread (I'm just a necromancer around here...) to say I bought a bottle unsniffed since it recently ended up on the artfire site. Pretty confident I'll like it since I haven't come across a honey I don't like yet....

and also, the label was just too alluuuuuuring.....

Which leaves me to ponder, if we have a "Queen of Bees" label, then is it possible to have a Jorogumo or Spider Queen label?! I'd buy one in a heartbeat even if the notes were poop, skunk, and aged toilet water with a dash of durian.

yeehee, got my full bottle!

tried a dab, and so far I must say... this is the most polite honey scent I have encountered so far!

ack...that homicidal fig is trying to get me though!

ok, but the honey and something darker...maple syrup? is tempering it. They're holding back the murderfruit by the underarms.

Oh wow, drying down this is turning into a figgy honey...it's calming down...hmm...

• 1 year later...

I got a sample of this as an extra from a lovely LPer in a trade, and it sent me scouring the trade threads to get a bottle. This is delicate fruity honey, wonderfully sensuous without being in your face dirty. Fig and apricot are fast becoming favorite notes of mine, and they blend beautifully with the sugars in this to create a soft light creamy sweetness. Yum!!

• 10 months later...

Stumbled across a sample of this that I FORGOT I had stashed. This one reminds me of G-String or Honey Ho... definitely honey-forward on me, but not too bad at all. I just have to be in a honey mood (otherwise I think I just smell like sex, even though I know that's an olfactory connection I can't quite understand!)