Heartland

Dolly

AD_Heartland.jpg

Heartland

The dry, serene and mellow scent of the harvest season – sweet dried grasses and herbs, wheat, hay, oats and more – reminiscent of the arid Autumn landscape of America’s Heartland.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:
Fertility, prosperity, abundance, serenity and love.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Heartland is a very "dry" smelling scent; midwestern crops during harvest season, getting ready to be stored for the winter. Dry herbs, earth, grains and grasses

Ok, so I didn't see a review for this one....but, I got a sample in my latest pkg, so I thought I would give it a try....

I get more green with this one than "dry". For those of you who enjoy the green-smelling scents, give this one a try. I am not really big on green scents on myself, but it smells good enough that I would consider putting it in an oil warmer to scent my house.....as a matter of fact, I may do that this evening......

• 2 months later...
Heartland is a very "dry" smelling scent; midwestern crops during harvest season, getting ready to be stored for the winter. Dry herbs, earth, grains and grasses

Ok, so I didn't see a review for this one....but, I got a sample in my latest pkg, so I thought I would give it a try....

I get more green with this one than "dry". For those of you who enjoy the green-smelling scents, give this one a try. I am not really big on green scents on myself, but it smells good enough that I would consider putting it in an oil warmer to scent my house.....as a matter of fact, I may do that this evening......

SOOOOOO disappointed! I LOVE this one! I was raised in Indiana, and it's nostalgic! I would like EVERYTHING to smell like this! It smells like fertility and abundance, and romantic summer evenings, to me. But, alas! In about an hour, it turns to powder on my chemistry. :(

SOOOOOO disappointed! I LOVE this one! I was raised in Indiana, and it's nostalgic! I would like EVERYTHING to smell like this! It smells like fertility and abundance, and romantic summer evenings, to me. But, alas! In about an hour, it turns to powder on my chemistry. :(

AH! I just now remembered my long-neglected BPAL scent lockets!

AH! I just now remembered my long-neglected BPAL scent lockets!

Hmmm :)

Pythoness? Tell me more about these scent lockets... Do they work well for you? It's something we have discussed here before...

May

Hmmm :)

Pythoness? Tell me more about these scent lockets... Do they work well for you? It's something we have discussed here before...

May

Very well! I do not have the Pheonix one.. I heard that one doesn't have enough holes.

I have the Dee alchemical symbol one, and my fave, the Beardsley Salome kissing the head of John the Baptist. LOT's of compliments, on that one! They are the micest scent lockets I could find, and disseminate the scent BEAUTIFULLY!

Very well! I do not have the Pheonix one.. I heard that one doesn't have enough holes.

I have the Dee alchemical symbol one, and my fave, the Beardsley Salome kissing the head of John the Baptist. LOT's of compliments, on that one! They are the micest scent lockets I could find, and disseminate the scent BEAUTIFULLY!

Thank you! :)

I wondered if it might help me with perfumes I love but my skin devours!

Best

may

Thank you! :)

I wondered if it might help me with perfumes I love but my skin devours!

Best

may

Mine does, too. Yes. The scent lockets help a LOT! They let your body heat the scent for sillage. But, they also keep the scent true. Your skin chemistry can't eat or distort.

If you check out the BPAL lockets, at their trading post, look at the Salome one. Don't buy the flaming Phoenix. It's pretty, but you can't smell the perfume, well.

Edited by Pythoness

Mine does, too. Yes. The scent lockets help a LOT! They let your body heat the scent for sillage. But, they also keep the scent true. Your skin chemistry can't eat or distort.

If you check out the BPAL lockets, at their trading post, look at the Salome one. Don't buy the flaming Phoenix. It's pretty, but you can't smell the perfume, well.

just took a look over there - wow, those are very cool...

• 10 months later...

This is a nice scent, it's like sitting on the fence in the sun with a blade of straw in your mouth - it's nice greenery, plus sun kissed hay or wheat - a nice earthy grain with something sweet and perfumed. I can imagine wearing it on a summer day and just going ahh when i catch a whiff of this on a breeze

i really like this and so glad M and D sent me a sample b/c i would have missed this, would not have chosen it for myself

• 4 weeks later...

Today it's 66 degrees in Detroit after a long winter that ain't over yet. But today it feels like spring for the first time all year.

I'm taking a ride to the middle Eastern restaraunt to get food for me and the hung over boyfriend.

On the way, the kids are let out of school, a cute Latino family is walking thier dog,the crossing guards let a laughing bunch of Indian girls in bright head shawls go skipping accross the road. My neighborhood is the melting pot, it's one of the reasons I like it here. There's no jackets today, just smiles.

My windows are down and I'm sunwarmed, windblown, peaceful for once.

Then 'Ray's' Dump Truck spews a tangible cloud of exhaust fumes in my face, I don't even mind.

Spring is coming and Ray's exhaust fumes nor that crabby man in the bedroom will get me down today.

I drop off the car and stroll up to the gas station for some pop, come home through the graffitited alley, takin it all in. The city has a beauty all it's own.

Then I come home with the goods and a package from dear Therapygirl has arrived.

Heartland.

I roll it on and wait. ----it feels like today in a bottle! Everything still brown, grassy,a bit dirty even, but brown with the promise of spring-the promise of more. It's a very euphoric scent to me. More than picking apart the notes of this one, to me it's a scent that takes you back to a place or a memory, somewhere you've been before. I love it.

I know it's meant to convey Americas Heartland and Midwest farms and such, but to me, it conveys the fact that Americas Heartland is wherever you call home.

Beautiful job, ladies. Hats off!

I will say the drydown reminds me of a soft version of a classic perfume (like Enjoli), which is lovely and reminicsent in it's own right as well!

Today it's 66 degrees in Detroit after a long winter that ain't over yet. But today it feels like spring for the first time all year.

I'm taking a ride to the middle Eastern restaraunt to get food for me and the hung over boyfriend.

On the way, the kids are let out of school, a cute Latino family is walking thier dog,the crossing guards let a laughing bunch of Indian girls in bright head shawls go skipping accross the road. My neighborhood is the melting pot, it's one of the reasons I like it here. There's no jackets today, just smiles.

Then 'Ray's' Dump Truck spews a tangible cloud of exhaust fumes in my face, I don't even mind.

Spring is coming and Ray's exhaust fumes nor that crabby man in the bedroom will get me down today.

I drop off the car and stroll up to the gas station for some pop, come home through the graffitited alley, takin it all in. The city has a beauty all it's own.

Then I come home with the goods and a package from dear Therapygirl has arrived.

Heartland.

I roll it on and wait. ----it feels like today in a bottle! Everything still brown, grassy,a bit dirty even, but brown with the promise of spring-the promise of more. It's a very euphoric scent to me. More than picking apart the notes of this one, to me it's a scent that takes you back to a place or a memory, somewhere you've been before. I love it.

I know it's meant to convey Americas Heartland and Midwest farms and such, but to me, it conveys the fact that Americas Heartland is wherever you call home.

I will say the drydown reminds me of a soft version of a classic perfume (like Enjoli), which is lovely and reminicsent in it's own right as well!

Hey, Cheeseburger79,

What a fabulous scene you've painted! You've got color, texture, sound. scents -- it's all in there, and so are those of us who are reading it. If you're not a writer, you ought to be, seriously. This is darn good!!!

(And I like Heartland, too!)

Aw, shucks. Thank you, St.Katz! I'm working on it. college for writing after beauty school(sometimes I wish I never wouldve went to beauty school, but now it's paid for, c'est la vie).

Aw, shucks. Thank you, St.Katz! I'm working on it. college for writing after beauty school(sometimes I wish I never wouldve went to beauty school, but now it's paid for, c'est la vie).

You go, girl! The talent shows, so keep your eyes on the dream. Consider beauty school not only the means to an end but also the possible source for lots of ideas and stories.

• 7 months later...

Heartland.

What an incredible review!!! Kind of makes me want the perfume even though I live in the middle of Indiana and am already surrounded by these smells everyday and am allergic to most of them. LOL. So, that's hats off to you lady!

What an incredible review!!! Kind of makes me want the perfume even though I live in the middle of Indiana and am already surrounded by these smells everyday and am allergic to most of them. LOL. So, that's hats off to you lady!

I've got a bottle in my trading post :rolleyes:

• 8 months later...

This one caught my attention when I was sniffing around. It's just unique, dry and straw-like. Coming from a country with limited land, this is something which I have never experienced.

At drydown, it turned into a very soft and slightly powdery scent and disappeared within a hour after application.

Guess this is something I would wear when I want have a picnic in the fields. I would imagine that I will be in a pretty sundress, a huge straw hat and go barefooted.

I do get a very "dry" scent with this one. So dry, in fact, that it really does nothing to impress me or anyone else. It was almost like it wasn't there. Oh Well.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

I'm going to bump this, in part because I told MissHazel I'd let her know my thoughts on it. I picked this up from Amazon and I've already posted my review there but for everyone here, I have to say that I find it different in a wonderful way. First off, let me please say that I never grew up in the Midwest so I only have California farmland and Arizona desert to compare so here goes....

In the bottle and while worn wet, its definitely dry grasses and florals with a tinge of herbs - all sweet but strong. After it dried down, I got a powdery, lotion undertone and it reminded of the freshness of a morning shower, slathering on some light lotion and then taking a drive out in the country... the open window blowing all of the scents in the air around in your car and whirling with the scent of your lotion. Sweet and earthy. I get the grass and floral in equals doses but the undertone is soft and gentle. It reminds me of sitting outside on a late spring evening when the breeze is warm and carrying the scent of blooms and plants and grass with a touch of earth, not quite as dry as the description to me.

And with that, I have to say that it is a sexy scent, dry grass and all. At least for me, it is reminiscent of springs and summers as a teenager when everything was alive. The future was as open as the road and I felt passionate about life and love. It's a scent that reminds me of first kisses and laying in the grass looking up at stars. All those carefree days when you wished the day would never end. Didn't expect it to have that effect but I'm definitely glad that if I get homesick, I can dab a little on.

• 1 year later...