Sugar Scrubs

luna65

I thought I'd start a thread for anyone wanting to squee about the Sugar Scrubs.

So far I've only tried the white sugar, I had it scented with Alyicia's Carnival. Danna recommended white sugar unless you're going with a really "robust" scent because the brown sugar is pretty smelly on its' own (much like the cocoa butter for the creme, I'm assuming).

Those of you who have used foaming sugar scrubs before from other etailers, this is much like those I've tried: the white sugar provides a nice scrubbiness but not too much. It really all depends on your sensitivity I suppose but it's just sugar, there's no other scrubby bits in there. For me, I even used it on my pits and it didn't hurt. The foaming scrub is nice because you get two things in one: scrub and cleanser. It leaves my skin very soft, I normally try to apply a light layer of my creme but I don't necessarily need it except on the rough patches (elbows and knees). The scrub holds together nicely and you just spread it on, it doesn't clump up and crumble like some scrubs might, and rinses off cleanly. The scent seems to stick a little bit more post-shower than with the Body Bubbles, but it's mainly aromatherapy for me; I always layer with something else while getting dressed.

The container was too wide for me to take in the shower but I normally don't do that anyway, I scoop out about two tablespoons worth into a smaller container and take that in the shower. I've been using this about 2-3 times a week although I think it's gentle enough to use everyday. Again, it all depends on your sensitivity and scrubby needs.

So if you like to use foaming scrubs you can have that plus your LP fix, and that's a win/win for me! I'm thinking I'll try the brown sugar scented with something like Passion & Desire. if anyone has tried the brown sugar please chime in (especially if their names are Mara and Danna :) ).

If anyone has tried the brown sugar please chime in (especially if their names are Mara and Danna :) ).

I've got a tub of the brown sugar scrub scented with JA's Sweet Winter Chai. I haven't tried it yet since I've got to get over my eczema flare before I got scrubbing cinnamon into my skin, but I'll report back as soon as I've tried it.

I have tried Blasphemy's brown sugar scrubs though and they are fab! I prefer brown sugar to white partly because it's a bit coarser, but also because it contains natural AHA acids.

I love the brown sugar scrub. The brown sugar smell is actually very mild. It's got bigger grains than the white sugar, so a little scrubbier. It, too, holds together really well - easy to scoop and lightly sudsy. Personally, I like the soapy base in these better than the oil base in our previous formula. It still has lots of moisturizing goodies in it, I don't find it drying, and it leaves me feeling clean and smooth.

Maybe Bookworm will chime in when she has a chance - she's tried them all and did a comparison test for us. :)

• 2 months later...

I absolutely adore my brown sugar scrub which I got scented with JA's Sweet winter chai. The scent is perfect & blends really well with the brown sugar scent.

As for the scrub itself, I think it's the most perfect body scrub that I've ever tried. It's not too rough, but not too fine either (which I often find white sugar or salt scrubs to be). The brown sugar is the perfect grain size & hardness, and whatever it is that the lady from Blasphemy uses to mix with it sure does work. It's not too oily, and it's not that "whipped" stuff either which I don't like at all. It's creamy without "diluting" the grainyness like whipped scrubs do. It's just perfect :(

I'm enjoying my brown sugar scrub (I got it scented with tyvey's Coconut Coffee Ice Cream) for the extra exfoliation it provides when I feel like I really need to scrub (before shaving, for example). The white sugar is gentle enough to use every day, as I said (I would, but I don't have the time to use it every day), and I've been using it about 2-3 times a week. Between the scrubs and the Vamp Cafe bar I should be totally smooth...but a certain smartarse says I still have my rough edges. :lol:;)

• 1 month later...

So I've used my Coffee & Sugar Scrub twice now and it's just awesome. I will warn you, you will be spreading coffee grounds on your skin BUT do not let this thought deter you. It is slightly more scrubby than the brown sugar scrub but still fairly gentle. I used it all over without any ouchie feeling and I am soooooo soft right now; I feel bad because Quince is missing out on my amazing softness! It's the kind of softness where it feels nice to wear clothes because you already have on some silk lingerie underneath.

The scrub looks and smells like espresso brownie batter, and it clumps a little bit, so make sure you're nice and wet and you spread it slowly over your skin (I had a little trial-and-error with this part), and you'll probably have to rinse out your shower when you're done but it doesn't stain. But give it a try, even if just on your problem areas, because it's the most fun you can have in your shower excluding that special setting on your shower head and a bath slave. :Hug_emoticon:

because it's the most fun you can have in your shower excluding that special setting on your shower head and a bath slave. :)

:lol: I luv you ...I have an extension on mine,got tired of standing on my head :Hug_emoticon:

SQUEEEEEE ... I got some with my order,I am sure I will love it.Will be trying it tomorrow when my shower slave is gone.Not gonna share :)

I like this...a lot :party: It leaves me Very soft,smooth and refreshed feeling.I only used a small amount,working it into a creamy lather...it goes a long way !

I can so see me using this often when it cools off here and it gets very dry....Umm,this will be sold,right.I better go back and read Mara's post.

Wonder if I can keep this in the fridge for awhile...I keep my Shea butter with LP Red in the fridge,did not think that puchase through as far as timing goes :) I don't use any lotions/creams etc this time of year with the high humdity.

ETA: Mara,I like the consistency as it is :)

Edited by Calii

Yeah I don't know...hopefully at some point but as Mara said, it was just something she concocted. But if we all love it and make teh kitteh face then I can't honestly see how she could resist our combined shameless begging! :)

I received my sample scrub today. Haven't had the chance to use it yet, but the chocolate & apricot combo smells so nommy. I keep eyeing the sample & saying to myself 'you can't eat it'! I must hide this from my 3 yr.old, because he will probably attempt to take a bite, lol.

I've never used coffee in a scrub before, so this was vurrrah interestink! It *does* lather up a ton, but I also found I scattered coffee grounds ALL OVER the shower...I mean EVERYWHERE! So yes, I ended up taking the shower head to the sides of the shower, over the shampoo bottles...etc. heh...it was worth it! It smells divine, and scrubs off the rough spots most excellently. I combined it with a little leftover sugar/oil scrub and lurved it.

*PLUS* it makes coffee in the bottom of the shower, for you multi-taskers and caffeine fiends! :rolleyes:

All right, that's it. I'm ordering this as a PE. I blame you all.

Well I already suggested it, so I claim eminent domain. :rolleyes:

Ok, well, I couldn't resist the kitteh face from Luna last weekend, so I already made it, to release this month. Using Luna's name for it, "Sungold Mocha".

tyvey, I'll send you a refund for your PE!

And by the way...Ail says that the caffeine is supposed to be good for scrubbing away at your cellulite areas. Hopefully she will come on and explain why that is so. I do recall something about caffeine being beneficial in some way topically, but I can't recall what that was about. I am totally loving this stuff though, been using it in the shower every other day and it's made me so soft and smooth!

Ok, well, I couldn't resist the kitteh face from Luna last weekend, so I already made it, to release this month. Using Luna's name for it, "Sungold Mocha".

And by the way...Ail says that the caffeine is supposed to be good for scrubbing away at your cellulite areas. Hopefully she will come on and explain why that is so. I do recall something about caffeine being beneficial in some way topically, but I can't recall what that was about. I am totally loving this stuff though, been using it in the shower every other day and it's made me so soft and smooth!

Ah yes I was going to mention they had printed it was a homemade cellulite cure in Women's World ( a 2004 issue). I believe they said 4 cups coffee per bath was great for firming skin. It also makes my self tanner last longer :lol:

I recieved my sample of Coffee & Sugar Scrub yesterday and used it this morning. I can honestly say that I think I'm in love! It smells absolutely amazing; I don't drink coffee but I like the smell of it and it lathers up nicely. My skin feels so soft and touchable. It's almost like a mixture of coffee and a fudge brownie combined together like someone mentioned earlier. I layered this with Dream Lover after I got out of the shower. I love it. My next order will be this combined with Dream Lover. Thank you for the sample it totally rocked!

caffeine tightens blood vessels

That's why it's good for varicose veins - the constriction effect. But also since caffeine is a diuretic it helps break down the cellulite mass if used consistently, or so I've read. That's primarily why I told Mara a coffee/sugar scrub would be a good idea, for those of us with problem areas (really though, I said, "I need something for my problem areas!").

But this test scrub is really fabulous for all over!

I gave mine a go last night. My one complaint, it smells too good! I'm reminded of a cartoon my 11 yr.old used to watch. One of the kids in it got turned into a 'chocolate' sailor & kept eating himself, LOL!! My shower was transformed into a 'caffeinated crime scene' that was easily cleaned up with my removable shower head. Also, the caffeine in this does pack a wallop up if your sensitive. I couldn't sleep last night anyway, because my 3 yr.old had fallen out of bed, so my nervous system was on red alert as it was. The caffeine hitting my system kicked it up a notch, resulting in a 4 a.m. bedtime! Anyway, I think this will make a great morning time scrub. My skin was extra smooth & smelled delicious when I hit the pillow last night.

• 1 month later...

can we order a sugar scrub made from a PE ?

eta: even if it's ALREADY sugared ?

is this a Mara question ?

Edited by liz

You mean request a sugar scrub scented with a PE fragrance? Because yes, I've done that with both the white and the brown sugars. As example, I had a white sugar scrub scented with Fawn's Celestial Dream and a brown sugar scrub scented with tyvey's Coconut Coffee Ice Cream.

The coffee scrub is already scented before it is offered for sale.

You mean request a sugar scrub scented with a PE fragrance? Because yes, I've done that with both the white and the brown sugars. As example, I had a white sugar scrub scented with Fawn's Celestial Dream and a brown sugar scrub scented with tyvey's Coconut Coffee Ice Cream.

The coffee scrub is already scented before it is offered for sale.

I was thinking of getting my ebil cookie PE done in a scrub, do you think would that be TOO much sugar ?

Colleen must "tweak" it, I figure.

I was thinking of getting my ebil cookie PE done in a scrub, do you think would that be TOO much sugar ?

I reckon it would be fab! I've got one of the brown sugar scrubs scented with JA's Sweet Winter Chai & it's amazing :lol:

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...

I haven't reviewed in awhile because I have been swamped by life, but I must say that one of my favorite self care activities is using my Cuddle Bunny sugar scrub. It leaves my body feeling smooth and soft and I ADORE the smell of Cuddle Bunny. It is one of my go to scents and pheros. I actually perform a ritual with candle and Cuddle bunny bath gel first and clean sheets waiting on the bed for me when I get out. My job is very emotionally demanding, and Cuddle Bunny Sugar scrub is just what I need to help me recharge!