Q&Q's Delicious Wood

Now that there is some of this available for them that wants it, I thought it would be appropriate to review it now.

Quince thought it was sweet that I would commission a scent for him, though he says he now has more fragrance than any man could reasonably expect to use in his lifetime. He's already thinking of whom he could will it to (did I mention he's a touch morbid?) and then I tell him to stop being a silly man.

My original idea was to somehow capture the aura of Everything Nice. We both love that scent and have had a few (somewhat kidding) spats over it...hence my choice of notes. To bolster the redwood, it was Mara's idea to add walnut and the maple sugar (which has an aspect of pipe tobacco in it) was also her suggestion when I said I wanted that same dark thick sweetness from Teddy Man, if possible. So it's actually more reminiscent of Teddy Man...but it's got WOOD.

(No, sorry, I'll never get tired of that. :lol: )

Fellas...I don't know what other XYs will think of this, but women will love you. It is literally the name realized in the scented sense and that's good enough for Quim & Quince who are very very happy thanks to the Potion Master. :wub:

And now...a tale of Sir Quince, noted adventurer and rogue, a true Son of Albion who -

GET ON WITH IT!

- well all right then, you don't need to shout!

Sir Quince entered the tavern, a place of his long acquaintance, and wryly noted the fog within - composed of smoke, sweat, alcoholic fumes, perfume, and the general miasma of vice - rivaled the damp air without. But it was warm from many bodies in close proximity as well as a wood-burning stove, so he let the door swing shut behind him and shivered just a bit at the change in temperature. His eyes took in the inhabitants immediately, cataloging them all as friend, foe, acquaintance and stranger. It was a skill which had served him well in his life, especially of late in his services to the Queen...which he was not at liberty to mention.

"Quince you old sot!" the barman called out. "Come to mingle among the common folk once more?"

"If I can manage it," the other quipped, removing his coat and taking a seat at the bar, but one in which he could observe the rest of the patrons. Recent adventures had taught him never to sit with his back to a roomful of people. The barman served him a shot of single malt and as he went to drink, suddenly a voice so familiar sounded as to steal his attention whole...and from a man who desires a libation, that is quite a feat.

"Bless my soul, look here!" The woman with the voice in question came down a set of stairs on the other side of the space; and as she moved further into the murk, it did nothing to render her own light any less dim. She was rounded like a peach and possessed of a teasing tongue...in more ways than one, he recalled. Her hair was the color of toffee and fell nearly to her lovely rump in thick tangles. Her eyes were like the sea: flashing blue and green and gray, depending on the light and on her mood. But now, as she approached him, he could see they were green like the water beyond the rocks of the harbor, the waves eternally washing upon the barrier, much as thoughts of her beat against the wall of his better judgment.

And she, laying long fingers upon his arm, felt the warmth in great proximity to look into his brown eyes, see his tousled dark hair shot through with threads of silver, and the beard she'd never quite gotten used to, which he thought gave him an air of villiany...and she knew he required it, sometimes. But to her, his eyes would always and ever be kind, twinkling with an amused mischief which made her smile at his smile.

"Sir Quince, hero of the crown!"

"Surely I don't know what you're referring to," he replied quietly, then drank. As he did she felt a pang of longing at such a simple gesture: to hear his voice and see his Adam's apple bob against the skin she so loved to touch.

"You're too respectable now, hmm? Must keep it dark, your noble deeds."

"I do miss your mocking, Quim...I've never known one so wicked as you."

"Oi then Wicked Quim," the barman hailed her. "I've thirsty men who'd like a bit of that forked tongue as well!"

Quince produced a sovereign: holding it up so that the gleam could pierce the surrounding gloom. "I know you've three other girls, Andy, so I imagine you won't mind letting Quim serve me alone?"

The barman scowled, but took the coin and set off for the other end of the bar, muttering to himself, likely regretting a certain decision years ago to take on that strange girl.

"How fare you?" she asked, taking the seat beside him. She sniffed, he even smelled respectable now, though the warm aura of himself lay underneath all the other odors of good grooming.

"I am well, and pleased to see you."

"How to see me?" she asked, growing bold. "It is so dark in here, though in other dark places we might see each other in a different way."

He smiled again, but looked down at his glass, and she put her fingers to his mouth, not caring who might see.

"Don't, sir. I know the speech too well. But I am happy you think of me, think well enough to show your face here once more."

"Only for you. You and your wicked tongue."

At the last she saw the same flash in his eyes she knew so often before, when her wicked tongue was telling tales all over his skin, making him laugh...among other things. She leaned in, realizing his scent was...so interesting.

"Wot is that?" she asked, "Which makes you smell so nice."

"In France I learned that a gentleman should always be scented."

Quim snorted in an amused fashion, tossing her hair. "They have such strange notions, the French."

"But they live well. They realize pleasures should be experienced, not merely longed for."

And so why do we sit here, being pleasant? Must I shanghai you to France for the benefit of your passion once more?!

"You smell like...a warm room in a posh house. Bookcases, and a fire. Pipe laid out. A man's room, but not dusty and dreary."

"I should hope I am neither," he replied, chuckling.

She smiled, and leaned in again, almost close enough to touch. "You are my Quince, and you always will be...no matter who else is in your bed or upon your arm."

The swiftest of kisses upon his forehead and she left him, resuming her duties once more: flirting and serving and enduring the rough uncultured attentions of the rabble. Quince sighed and motioned for another round.

"And you are my Wicked Quim," he whispered in return, "no matter who might believe otherwise."

Edited by luna65

...but it's got WOOD.

Worked @ a place called 'The Lumberyard' in DM,IA....."Where real men go to get wood..." & no I shall never tire of the double entendre either,lol!

I love your writing Luna, it's amazing how much creativity that comes out of your brain lady :wub:

I just LOVE how you always "take me there" Luna !!

Thanks, all. I'm glad you enjoyed it. :lol:

It's funny...when I read it to Quince he said, "Well it's lovely but why is it so sad? I thought the Sir Quince stories were supposed to be funny and silly."

And I had to sit there for a few seconds; it didn't occur to me that it really was sad, and then I said, "Look, I can't control what comes out of my brain!" :wub:

(Not until after it comes out, anyway.)

I realized this should probably be in the Men's section (although to my mind it's unisex though most women probably wouldn't wear it), so if you want to move it, Ail, sorry I was a numpty!

Thanks, all. I'm glad you enjoyed it. :lol:

It's funny...when I read it to Quince he said, "Well it's lovely but why is it so sad? I thought the Sir Quince stories were supposed to be funny and silly."

And I had to sit there for a few seconds; it didn't occur to me that it really was sad, and then I said, "Look, I can't control what comes out of my brain!" :wub:

(Not until after it comes out, anyway.)

I realized this should probably be in the Men's section (although to my mind it's unisex though most women probably wouldn't wear it), so if you want to move it, Ail, sorry I was a numpty!

OMG I totally relate ! I sent my best friend 'Frigid Winter Sky' , because her mom's dying & I wanted her to know I was there for her. Poor dear sent me a text telling me I was loved, bwahaha! Isn't that the equivalent of giving Stephen King a nightlight, so he won't be scared of the dark anymore ? Or giving Luna an intervention for being a sex addict (after reading teh stories) ? It's not like we can control the muse or it's nature...LOL.

Thanks KK. :wub:

Beccah: yeah, I've gotten that too. Luckily Q realizes my imagination is apart from my personality, but it's interesting that he realized the tone of it even before I did!

Luna !! Delicious Wood was a BIG HUGE HIT w/SP last night, thinking of phero to blend w/it for him ! :lol:

eta: BIG hit w/me TOO !!

Edited by liz

What do you think of Animism blended w/Q&Q's DW in spray form ?

I think it would be fabulous! I love Animism on Quince; like I said, it combines the RAWR! factor of SS4M with the *purr* of Teddy Man. I would say either Animism or Wanted Man would be sooooo niiiiice.

:blush:

See, Luna....now I am going to HAVE TO get a bottle of this for my man.....

Your story reminded me a little of my man and I and one of our first dates.....neither one of us was "committed".....we were both seeing other people....when he asked me how I would feel if he still went out with other women.....I just told him, with a wicked grin......."You can go out with whoever you want to. But you'll be thinking about ME the whole time.".......he NEVER DID go out with anybody else....teehee.....

Dammit, I want that wood! :) ..but I've been on an awful spending binge lately. I have to wait to catch my breath again.. and hope there's still a bottle left. :wub:

I got to sniff this one on someone -- This is a tasty smelling sent, truely delicious and I think ultimately suited to cuddling. Nice Creation Luna!

Thanks all!

I'm so glad other people are enjoying it...because although my idea was just for the two of us, it's nice to share (perfume).

Oh yeah, I found a sniffee of this too.....this is gonna have to be slathered on my man, for sure!

My favorite mainstream cologne is Abercrombie & Fitch Woods. It has deep spices mixed with the woods. I've been looking for a replacement for it since it is out of production now. Nothing I've tried yet comes close.

This sounds like a good candidate. Crap! Another addition to my wish list.

I wanted to add...anyone who enjoyed Merlin's Blend (either on themselves or the XY of their choice), DW is somewhat like that, although I had not smelled Merlin's Blend until after DW was already created (as I explained upthread, I was really trying for a homage to Everything Nice). But they each have a wood-type base, though I would say Merlin's Blend is the one a guy would wear when he wants to smell like he thinks he should, and DW would be what he wore when he wanted women to drool over him.

• 1 month later...

ok, the lovely luna gifted me with some DW and even though i am getting over a cold, what i can smell is quite yummy. when i first put it on, it smelled kinda..buttery, is the closest i can think of. then, there is a sweetness, but not overtly so. i wish i could better describe it and stay awake for whatever other tasty evolution it might take, but "drowsiness may occur" is putting it mildy.

:)

I haz a kyoot anecdote.

During the week in which I cohabitated with the woobie, on that Wednesday we arose at the asscrack of Dawn so that we (and his friend) could drive up to Thunderhill, which is a raceway north of where Q lives and where he usually goes to race his dear darling Ducati, which he was planning to do that day. We showered the night before so we'd only have to worry about getting dressed and some caffeine into us before setting out. As we were getting dressed I noticed Q was dabbing himself with Delicious Wood in all the places I'd told him were best and - knowing he was going to be wearing his leathers for a good part of the day - said, "You don't have to get all smelly for me, sir."

He replied, "But I like it for me too!"

And I was all awwww. I'm so happy he actually enjoys it enough to wear it often, beyond the knowledge that I enjoy it on him, because that was my primary goal: to come up with something he would like. He also used the lotion I got him scented with DW and I sat in the back on the trip and kept getting these yummy whiffs of him every so often...mmm delicious wood.

Edited by luna65

• 7 months later...

Oh Gods! This is a BEEE-YOOOO-TEEE-FULLLLL scent!!! I was casting about, looking for something like Teddy Man 2, but without the pheros. I wandered onto this thread and saw where you, Luna, said you wanted something akin to Teddy Man. This HITS THE PROVERBIAL SPOT. I love it on myself and on my DudeManGuy. THANKYOU ALL for this creation!!!

:banana054: :banana011::D:banana026::banana038: :2215: :abfx:

• 2 months later...
Oh Gods! This is a BEEE-YOOOO-TEEE-FULLLLL scent!!!

:banana054: :banana011::):):) :2215: :)

:yeahthat:Delicious indeed. This is truly a yummy man smell. Verymanly yet sweet enough to make you want to take a nibble or two. I am reallypleased I managed to get a bottle of this in time. I am particularly loving the walnut and maple together.

I'd bought a bottle of this recently (after finding a sniffee) and haven't had a chance to give it a test run (been too busy with Boddice Ripper and Evil in Carnation) but I think today will be the day. :666:

• 7 years later...